Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:54 AM

And now that TRL is gone...

MTV needs to change it's name.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

On a drug called Martin Sheen

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

Just listened to Foxboro Hot Tubs again...Sally is so awesome.
Still can't wait for this album! They've announced that they'll start a world tour in July.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

Real preview of the title track.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:30 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 20 February 2009 - 06:36 AM.

Aw damnit, been taken down.
SaintJimmy browses the interwebs for another preview.

Just proposing a question to you GDFans, would you download a leak if it was made available? I questioned myself earlier about it, and came to the conclusion of "Maybe, but if I did I would still go out and buy the f*ck out of that album as soon as it comes out".

EDIT: Far out man, Billie Joe just turned 37. Seems like only yesterday they were 14 confused.gif

DOUBLE EDIT: Here's a d/l link for the song wink.gif Downloading now, can't wait to listen.
Download here.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:35 AM

Full version of the song. Listen quick.

Keep in my mind, this is supposedly just the first version of the song, not the version that will appear on the album.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:43 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 20 February 2009 - 06:49 AM.

I like what I'm currently hearing - from what I can hear it's transitioning into a different section of the song, sounds like an Irish ballad tounge.gif The ending is sounding pretty good...could've had a better ending, unless a next song is supposed to start off all heavy and into it...because it sounds like it should be. Get what I mean? It sounds like it should either have,
one final guitar chord and a cymbal crash, but if it ends like that, then it should go straight into the next song.

I kinda hope it has another storyline to it like American Idiot did with the Jesus of Suburbia character, it gave a bit more background to all of it and made the album more interesting overall.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (SaintJimmy @ Feb 20 2009, 01:43)
I kinda hope it has another storyline to it like American Idiot did with the Jesus of Suburbia character, it gave a bit more background to all of it and made the album more interesting overall.

They said that it isn't going to be exactly like American Idiot, but more like Bruce Springsteen's album Born to Run, where all of the songs are intertwined in some way, yet not directly like they were in American Idiot. Plus the album deals more with religion than politics.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Feb 20 2009, 06:35)
<Video>

Hell, I really liked that. Catchy for sure. I'm about to listen to it a third time.

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

I'm quite hopeful for this, as American Idiot didn't exactly tickle my pickle, but that track didn't exactly fill me with hope. It didn't sound too different to what I've already heard from them, so I'm hoping they dazzle me somehow when this album's released. I was hoping for something that echoed Insomniac/Foxboro Hot Tubs but I don't think there's much chance of it.

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

That preview sounds pretty good imo. A whole lot more creative than American Idiot that's for sure.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

Green Day have a new front page for their site, and that sh*tty preview of the two guitar chords plays when you actually enter the site now.
Clicky clicky.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

I'm more into their old work like Basket Case or Minority. That was the good Green Day inlove.gif Although their new work is pretty good. I'm just into the old punk or their old style back in the day.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:33 AM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 07 March 2009 - 07:59 AM.

QUOTE (livejoker @ Mar 6 2009, 23:38)
I'm more into their old work like Basket Case or Minority. That was the good Green Day  inlove.gif   Although their new work is pretty good. I'm just into the old punk or their old style back in the day.

I'm more into them from 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (first album) to Warning: (album before American Idiot, which is my least favorite Green Day album). I also really liked Shenanigans, which was just an album full of b-sides and never released tracks, which came out back in '02. I do enjoy American Idiot at some times, but only if I'm in a peculiar mood. I have high hopes for this new one. It definitely won't be similar to Insomniac (by far their best album), but it already sounds better than American Idiot.

Oh, and apparently the first single off of the new album will be released on April 20th or 21st, entitled Know Your Enemy.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Halloween is Pedo Day!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Mar 7 2009, 06:33)
QUOTE (livejoker @ Mar 6 2009, 23:38)
I'm more into their old work like Basket Case or Minority. That was the good Green Day  inlove.gif   Although their new work is pretty good. I'm just into the old punk or their old style back in the day.

I'm more into them from 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (first album) to Warning: (album before American Idiot, which is my least favorite Green Day album). I also really liked Shenanigans, which was just an album full of b-sides and never released tracks, which came out back in '02. I do enjoy American Idiot at some times, but only if I'm in a peculiar mood. I have high hopes for this new one. It definitely won't be similar to Insomniac (by far their best album), but it already sounds better than American Idiot.

Oh, and apparently the first single off of the new album will be released on April 20th or 21st, entitled Know Your Enemy.

Know your enemy...single hit? I hope it doesn't sound or stolen from Know Your Enemy by Rage Against The Machine. I don't really like Green Day's style right now, I hope they get back to great guitar solos and abit of acoustic in it, too.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:21 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 15 March 2009 - 08:15 AM.

GreenDay.com posted up a new video (runs about 3.5 minutes) with a bunch of old clips of the band, both from music videos and past live shows. It ends with the words "Now in 2009 comes the encore the World has been waiting for", then the new album cover and the same short "Sing us a song of the century" audio that is currently on the homepage of the official site.

Go to 'Green Day Video Shorts'.

EDIT: News reports that all previous Green Day Albums+the upcoming one (I'm guessing) are coming to Vinyl. Sweet biggrin.gif

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:14 AM

Some new info. The album will be released on Friday, May 15th, the first single entitled Know Your Enemy will be released on April 20th, and all of the tracks have been confirmed.

Act 1 - Heroes and Cons

1.) Intro/21st Century Breakdown
2.) Know Your Enemy
3.) ¡Viva La Gloria!
4.) Before the Lobotomy
5.) Christian's Inferno
6.) Last Night on Earth

Act 2 - Charlatans and Saints

7.) March of the Dogs
8.) Peacemaker
9.) Last of the American Girls
10.) ¿Viva La Gloria?
11.) Restless Heart Syndrome

Act 3 - Horseshoes and Handgrenades

12.) Horseshoes and Handgrenades
13.) Drama Queen
14.) Static Age
15.) 21 Guns
16.) American Eulogy
17.) See the Light

And apparently there will be a track called Desperate, but what act that fits into has yet to be confirmed.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

And here is a gallery of a photoshoot at the studio.

4thosebout2rock
  • 4thosebout2rock

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:44 PM

Saw this on a magazine today!

Hope its like there old stuff though sad.gif

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 March 2009 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (GDA)
"Know Your Enemy"music video out April 24

Green Day's first music video from 21st Century Breakdown, "Know Your Enemy" will be premiered across MTV networks on April 24th at 8pm. "The clip will premiere at 8 p.m. ET on MTV, MTV2, MTV Hits, VH1, The N, and MTV Networks' HD channel, Palladia — plus MTV and VH1's international channels — in addition to MTV.com and VH1.com. All in all, "Enemy" will debut in 134 countries across Latin America, Europe and Asia. " This is the first time MTV has done a simultaneous release across all it's networks for a music video.

The band is in Los Angeles this weekend filming the new music video. The single will be released around mid-April, so you'll be able to purchase it online before the music video is out. Here's an article from Billboard about the release.

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Im not a greenday fan as far as American idiot goes, that album was shocking, lets just hope that it sounds more dookie-esque. Dookie was awesome, I might go as far as actually calling that album "slightly punk" but American idiot, that was awful.

So, hopefully it will sound more like their earlier stuff.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:51 AM Edited by SaintJimmy, 02 April 2009 - 04:54 AM.

f*ck yeah.

American Idiot musical debuts this fall;

The New York Times announced that "American Idiot" has been turned into a musical and will debut in Berkley, CA at the Repertory Theater on September 4 and run through October 11th.

The musical was created by Michael Mayer, award-winning director of "Spring Awakening." The article mentions that he met with the band a couple times last year to talk about the ideas for it, and added orchestrations by Tom Kitt and choreography by Steven Haggett.

The band gave their support for the project after being convinced by Mayer that it would work. Billie Joe says "It doesn't make a lot of sense" that Green Day would lead to a musical, but when people see this, it'll be his wildest dream. The article ends with the reminder that the Who successfully turned 'Tommy' into a musical. They also mention that another band inspirational to Green Day, The Clash, never turned their "ambitious albums" into a musical, to which Billie Joe said, "I guess maybe we’re a bit more fruity than the Clash."

Turns out that Billie Joe helped write the book for the play with director Michael Mayer, and MTV quotes a statement from the band with Billie Joe saying:

QUOTE (Billie Joe Armstrong)
We are really excited to be working with Michael Mayer on this project. We'd been thinking of bringing American Idiot to the stage, but knew we needed to find the right partners. After meeting with Michael to discuss the possibility, he invited us to see 'Spring Awakening.'

We were so impressed with that production, as well as his vision for American Idiot, that we knew we'd found the perfect collaborator. Plus, doing it in our hometown at Berkeley Rep was an obvious bonus. They're an amazing theater group, very adventurous, and their willingness to take chances is in keeping with the spirit of the album. The end result will be terrific, and we're really proud.

The other news mentioned in that article was that while the play would be based around the characters from 'American Idiot', they would be including music from other albums, including 21st Century Breakdown.

I myself had higher hopes for a movie - but this is definitely something different.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:54 AM

Heh, interesting to say the least. But I don't think I'd be interested in seeing it, as American Idiot is my least favorite album by them. They should leave the concept albums to Pink Floyd.

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:55 AM

Yeah I agree. But, the story itself isn't that bad to the album. It'd be sweet if it came to Australia...As much as I dislike that album, I love the song Homecoming - would be interesting to see the on-stage production of that.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Mar 25 2009, 01:14)
14.) Static Age

If this is a cover, Danzig is going to be pissed.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

They're doing an American Idiot musical now? They really ought just move on.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:00 PM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 02 April 2009 - 08:02 PM.

QUOTE (Digital Murders @ Apr 2 2009, 12:23)
QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Mar 25 2009, 01:14)
14.) Static Age

If this is a cover, Danzig is going to be pissed.

I doubt it. Seems like this is going to be all new music written by them. Only their first two albums had cover songs, and then Shenanigans (b-sides album) had a cover song, but that's it. The rest of their albums seemed to have an underlying theme or message, and it appears the new one will follow that trend. Although I wouldn't mind seeing their cover of Why Does It Always Rain On Me? by Travis featured on an album. The only available version of them performing it was recorded over a phone interview with Billie Joe, and the sound quality sucks.

And I agree, American Idiot is a spent force. Move the f*ck on. But it still leaves a bad taste knowing that they tried to make a concept album that really only appealed to emos. I wouldn't call it "selling out", but they could have made a better album.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:44 AM

Am I the only one that's not an emo and actually liked American Idiot? I mean comparing Dookie with American Idiot is like the whole apples and oranges thing. Two different directions of rock. Both rock.

springsteen_fan
  • springsteen_fan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Apr 3 2009, 09:44)
Am I the only one that's not an emo and actually liked American Idiot? I mean comparing Dookie with American Idiot is like the whole apples and oranges thing. Two different directions of rock. Both rock.

I personally think that AI is slightly better than Dookie.

And I'm not emo. tounge.gif

SaintJimmy
  • SaintJimmy

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:13 PM

user posted image

So getting myself this.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

Really wish I could get the special edition but my credit card has got $93 on it and the total comes out to $105.98. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users