271 replies to this topic
Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<Chris Force Five

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

Bump.

"Awesome as F*ck" was released two days ago. Went out and bought the CD/DVD and I got the deluxe edition on iTunes. I'd have to give the album itself a 10/10. Incredible performances of some of their best songs and there's a lot more variety from their catalog as opposed to their last live album, "Bullet In a Bible". My favorite track from this album would have to be "Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?" live in New York. My favorite song from "Kerplunk!" and one of my all time favorites from them. I also love "Cigarettes and Valentines" and I really hope they record a studio version. I just sort of wish that "Minority" and "Brain Stew/Jaded" made their way onto the album.

As for the DVD, I'd give it a 9/10. Same as above, great variety of their songs, energetic and it really does capture the experience of being at one of their concerts. My only gripe would have to be how short it is and, again, lack of a few certain key songs from their catalog.

Minus the Boom
  • Minus the Boom

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

Well in all honesty by now they've done so many different things and have so many different key songs it'd be pretty hard to include all of them. Personally I would've liked to see Minority (or any song from Warning) and Jesus of Suburbia or Homecoming.

But hey, it's still a pretty amazing CD. Haven't seen the DVD yet though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users