236 replies to this topic
Big Remi
  • Big Remi

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Most difficult for me:

Blood Bowl
getting gold on "Wheelie Weave" No less than 10 times I had a perfect score only to get a "mysterious" 1% damage penalty. mad.gif
NRG-500 challenge
round 3 of the Chiliad Challenge

Most annoying:

Photo Opportunity- R* should have left in the original helicopter version instead of making you drive from Doherty to Blueberry, then from Blueberry all the way to Angel Pine. bored.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

Funny you should say that. I do use the Maverick to fly to Caser car. The 'copter is on the way. smile.gif

TheNathanNS
  • TheNathanNS

GTA V: San Andreas.

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:14 PM

In Order
Learning to Fly (Out of everything I have ever played, this mission managed to annoy me the most.)
Photo Opportunity (Used SA Crazy Trainer to avoid driving)
Just Business (Hated the chase part)
Toreno's Last Flight (Heli chasing was a bitch)
OG Loc (Freddy annoyed me with the chase, glad I finally killed him)

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

The one with the train and the sanchez. SUCH a far distance.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:09 AM

Hated 'You've had your chips' took me a few attempts to beat that, never finished nrg 500 challenge and level 3 of Chiliad Challenge is a biarch. Trying to ride on that narrow board walk but then falling off is so anger inducing.

Anastasis
  • Anastasis

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:51 AM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 22 May 2012 - 04:19 AM.

i also hated you've had your chips because of the spas 12 mobsters. instead of killing them on foot i just used a tank from area 69 lol.gif

Qu-2incy
  • Qu-2incy

This is real f-ck up! Everything!

• Members

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

The most annoying missions are Zero's one, above all the second one! I always found those missions needless when I played it on PS2 (and I still think it today!).
The flying school was pretty difficult for me when I was kid, I just wanted to going back to Los Santos to rescue Sweet at that moment. I even remember that I was so exhausted of doing this part of the story that Toreno called me as I left the TV-screen from the disused airport and said something like: "I watching you Carl, you'd better have your flying license before something that you'll not appreciate happens to your brother Sweet!"

Petard
  • Petard

Gamer/Youtuber/Noob

• Members

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Qu-2incy @ Thursday, May 24 2012, 21:15)
The most annoying missions are Zero's one, above all the second one! I always found those missions needless when I played it on PS2 (and I still think it today!).
The flying school was pretty difficult for me when I was kid, I just wanted to going back to Los Santos to rescue Sweet at that moment. I even remember that I was so exhausted of doing this part of the story that Toreno called me as I left the TV-screen from the disused airport and said something like: "I watching you Carl, you'd better have your flying license before something that you'll not appreciate happens to your brother Sweet!"

I agree, to this day I have never passed Zeros last mission. It's been around 7 years.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (TheNathanNS @ Sunday, Feb 26 2012, 08:14)
Just Business (Hated the chase part)

monocle.gif I've never seen somebody who didn't like the chase. It was a defining moment in SA.

As for what mission I find annoying; You've Had your chips was pretty annoying. There is no good cover spots.

RusiBoy
  • RusiBoy

King of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:44 AM Edited by RusiBoy, 27 May 2012 - 04:46 AM.

The mission I hated most was Supply Lines & New Model Army.

Driving schul was easy but pilot schul was total sh*t

Freefall was sh*t too
and the Final Quarry was succkkkkkkkkyyyyyyy

Sharktopus
  • Sharktopus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

The one mission that I really hate with a passion is Up Up and Away. It's not that I find it hard, it's just that various aspects of it annoy the hell out of me.

In the opening cutscene, CJ says that he doesn't want to get the crew involved in street level jacking, because "it could get ugly." So naturally, a better option than car jacking an armored truck while it's on its rounds is to break into a military complex full of hostile soldiers, steal a helicopter, and use it to airlift a parked armored truck. I get that it's a video game and it doesn't need to be realistic, but it still seems really stupid to me.

The Leviathan is a very slow and heavy feeling helicopter, and it isn't much fun to pilot. It has the cool sky crane thing going for it, though, so I figured, "hey, why not have some fun and mess with some cars on my way to the armored truck?" The magnet will stick to cars, but the game won't let you actually lift them into the air. Piloting it when you have the armored truck is even less fun. It feels like it takes an eternity to get to the airstrip.

What really annoys me about this mission is that it makes the Leviathan a regularly spawning helicopter at the airstrip. I normally wouldn't mind this, except that I worked to get all golds in the flight school so that a hunter would spawn on my airstrip. In my experience, only one of the two helicopters will spawn at a time, so if I approach the airstrip from the east no hunter will spawn. It's not that terrible of an inconvenience, I just need to head to the west end of the runway and come back, but it's annoying, especially considering that the only redeeming quality that the Leviathan had (its magnet) is removed after completing the mission. It could have been fun if it retained the magnet...

Bonus points: One time I wanted to die while using the mounted minigun so that when I respawned at a hospital, I would have infinite minigun ammo. So killed all the guards got to the miniguns, and waited for the two hunters to kill me. As it turns out, they're apparently just for show, and can't actually hurt you.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

The Leviathan is amphibious, that can be used to gather Oysters.
You don't have to fight through the army to get to it. Use the Jet-Pack and fly up to the NG Storage Tanks, snipe the roof guards to take it. I use the HEAT Missile Launcher, as the Chain Gun is just too clumsy and not efficient.

Darkseller63
  • Darkseller63

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

My most (and probably one) annoying mission is Photo Opportunity! devil.gif That long car travelling... Damn it! But one thing really pissed me off! Cesar's car is a sh*t on the roads of country. I had crashed a car a loooot!!! devil.gif biggrin.gif

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (Darkseller63 @ Monday, Jun 11 2012, 19:26)
My most (and probably one) annoying mission is Photo Opportunity! devil.gif That long car travelling... Damn it! But one thing really pissed me off! Cesar's car is a sh*t on the roads of country. I had crashed a car a loooot!!! devil.gif biggrin.gif

As Lil weasel mentioned, it would have been far better if Rockstar retained the original mission where you and Cesar fly the Maverick to Angel Pine.
Another long and arduous task is Snail Trail. It would be more fun to blow up the train before it got to the train station with rocket launcher then kill the guy with the documents

Sharktopus
  • Sharktopus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

Amphibious as the Leviathan may be, it's still just about as useless as possible when you consider that there's a Sea Sparrow not far north of the airstrip.

This is the first time I've heard about there being a flying section in the original Photo Opportunity mission. If that's true Rockstar made the right choice in removing it; The problem with having the player fly a maverick to Angel Pine in that mission is that at that point in the game, the player hasn't been introduced to flying yet. For people who've played GTA and flown helicopters before, it wouldn't be a problem, but for people who've never flown one before, that mission would be pretty frustrating, even if they did give the player instructions on how to operate the helicopter. I'd say that this is also the reason why so many people hate the "Supply Lines" mission, where you pilot a (RC) plane without having any previous flying experience.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

But, jumping the Guard House to get access to the airport(s) allows the Player to steal the Los Santos Aircraft. And, likewise the San fiero Maverick. Thus practice can be had.

Sharktopus
  • Sharktopus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yes, practice can be had, but chances are that most people won't think to break into the airport to practice flying. I can say that I certainly didn't my first time playing through the game.

I think perhaps the best way to change that mission would be to have a maverick parked somewhere clear in view that the player can optionally take. But I personally never thought Photo Opportunity was that bad; it's perhaps too much driving, and driving through the country side trying to get to a point can definitely be annoying in that area, but as long as you know how you're getting there and you drive carefully it shouldn't be that bad. The one thing I think is funny about that mission is that CJ and Cesar are supposed to be stealthily staking out the meeting taking place just across the street, but the entire time Cesar and CJ (in particular) are screaming at the top of their lungs for no apparent reason. "RYDER! YOU SHERM-HEAD!"
  • j7n likes this

IOwnTheWorld1994
  • IOwnTheWorld1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Paramedic missions. Nuff said.

Anastasis
  • Anastasis

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

@TPAM paramedic is very easy if you do the mission in angel pine(if you didnt complete green sabre, do it at montgomery.)

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (IOwnTheWorld1994 @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 11:57)
Paramedic missions. Nuff said.

Seriously, get to Angel Pine and do the Ambulance mission there. The Medical center is on the road just north of the town, on the road that leads to Mt Chiliad. There will be an ambulance parked next to the building. The town is small so all the patient pickup zones are close by. Really, it is simple to do.

IOwnTheWorld1994
  • IOwnTheWorld1994

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

I was in Los Santos.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yeah you will find it's too difficult there. I believe Rockstar set this mission up to only be completed in a small town such as Angel Pine or Montgomery

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Snail Trail, Any Zero's missions and Cut Throat Business (I HATE THAT CHASE, I mean, Vortex and Kart? WTF?)

Vertical Bird was a good mission, but that Hydra could be a pain in the ass if you don't have a decent flying skill

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:02 AM

ALL WE HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN CJ

Funnily enough I have great memories of failing that missions, perhaps because it was so hilarious.

For real? While they were fun to an extent, Zero's missions were an absolute bitch.

EDIT: Oh and also that mission where you have to break into a military base in Las Venturas (not Area 69 but one where you steal a plane or something). Holy balls that was hard.

Mikepanter
  • Mikepanter

x360: mvdk26

• Members

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

N.O.E. / Photo Oppportunity

enough said

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Mikepanter @ Sunday, Jul 8 2012, 13:34)
N.O.E. / Photo Oppportunity

enough said

I loved NOE, the only mission I hated was Supply Lines, Freefall and the final quarry mission. turn.gif

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

Time to update my opinions after Android tablet gameplay. Military service on my tablet, no question about which could be more annoying.. The hydra seems to be amazingly difficult to control on that device.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users