• England

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

Vertical Bird is pretty annoying.

Amen to that.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:49 AM Edited by Steve Crook, 20 March 2009 - 03:46 AM.

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 28 2009, 12:27)
Re: Mission Photo Opportunity...

Do you actually need to have the target villain in the frame for each photo?
I always have done so far, I never had any problems with it. But now you've got me wondering

What if you look away and photograph the trees, or Cesar or something?
What it the villain you're meant to take a photo of is looking away or if they are obscured by something?

Steve

Just out of curiosity I just tried it when I turned around and pointed the camera at Cesar and took a few photos of him. It was odd, the camera kept trying to point back towards the bad guys. I had to force it away from them smile.gif

If you just don't take any photos then you fail.
But even if you take photos of other things as the bad guys arrive, if the camera is pointing a long way away from them, then you fail.

However, if their faces are obscured by something or if they're facing away from you, as long as they're in the frame somewhere, then that counts as a pass

Steve

Edit:
The one to watch out for seems to be T-Bone. If you don't take a photo of him while he's by his car then there isn't a second chance. I took these photos of him:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

But that still failed the mission. It kept saying I needed to get a photo of his face

Steve

dssaee
  • dssaee

The Dark Knight........

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:01 AM

Man....I feel annoyed at Robbing Uncle Sam,,,....Ryder can't have a little more health!!!?????? angry.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

dssaee -- Line the crates by the door before you let him in. Then jump off the forking lift to kill the guardsmen when Ryder tells you their there, and Ryder won't even be nicked.

dwood
  • dwood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:40 PM

I had problems with that photo op mission as well! I nearly gave up but after about 10 times i had memorized where they appeared each time and i nailed it by photoing them about 5 times each face square on. It was so frustating though driving all that way and failing so i just tried it once a day until i passed it.

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:58 AM

Vertical Bird was a bitch to finish. Im on PS2 as well. It took me a good 10 tries to finish it.

onlyname
  • onlyname

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

To me I get frustrated in some missions but dont hate them but the missions I do hate are the countryside missions!! They are so annoying, very annoying so annoying. Its boring boring boring. They should've made it that if you have completed the game you could skip some missions if you dont want to do them. I HATE THE COUNTRY SIDE MISSIONS!!!!! THEY ARE BORING POINTLESS AND ANNOYING TAKES AGES OF TRAVELING! I hate GTA SA when I have to do the countryside missions.

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:09 AM

Wrong Side of the Tracks is going to be pain in the arse when I come up to it.

A White CJ
  • A White CJ

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Feb 10 2009, 20:49)
In the early parts of the game there are loads of these. OG Loc can be annoying if you fall of your bike. Lifes a beach can be really annoying becuase dancing is really difficult I find. Doing the lowrider meets is easier. Robbing Uncle Sam becuase it takes absolutley ages. Wrong side of the tracks, until I learnt to jump onto the train.
In the countryside there are no really annoying missions, but I did find farewell my love to be a little challenging.
Snail trail takes ages and is annoying, like photo oppurtunity. Mike Toreno is also a little annoying if you can't find the van.
I also found interdiction a little tricky, but is fun nonetheless. NOE is tough, as well is the one where you destroy the counterfeit chips.

I just wanted to hear what everyone else says becuase I've heard this is the most annoying GTA. Also, bike school was a bitch.

I'm good at dancing.

OG Loc - I hated this.

Life's a Beach - Couldn't figure out how to get to the dancing part for a while.

Robbing Uncle Sam - You high, homie? This was one of the best early levels: you got to rob the US Military! It could be frustrating, but the trick is to help Ryder every time a gunfight starts.
Wrong Side of the Tracks - It was annoying, but not too hard.

Snail Trail - It takes ages, it isn't hard though. I got pissed off when I won the level and was smack in the underbelly of Los Santos, a bajillion miles from San Fierro.

Photo Opportunity - It takes a long time, but if you go via the Easter Tunnel to the first "point" (Cesar) you cut out a lot of travel time. I missed it the first time because of stupid Toreno, but the lesson is that you should always look around; the second time I finished with flying colors.

Mike Toreno - Yeah, this one pisses me off because the "Signal" bar works like crap, and on a good day it is hard to navigate the airport.

Interdiction - Hard, I often shot my one heli down.

NOE - You high again? This one has to be one of the easiest. Tip: stick to the seas AROUND San Fierro and Whetstone, that way it is
easier to fly. Afterwards, go via the strait between Flint County and Red County and up through the Sherman Dam area.

You've Had Your Chips - It's hard, but it's one of the best. Tip: you know the Burger Shot near the factory? When your health gets too low, flee to there, eat, and then head back.

My most hated mission was the laps level of the Driving School and the circle airstrip level of the Flying School, and the dang airplane mission for Zero. The Hydra in that Navy level was difficult to handle, but it had wonderful weapons to balance that out.

Currently, I'm pissed off over Grove 4 Life. I mean, they expect you to take FOUR territories in one sitting! I spent a while taking over all but one Idlewood territory out of hopes that it would decrease my workload in the mission, but then it just reverted right back to being Ballas territory.

Shikoba
  • Shikoba

John

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

I don't mind any of the flying missions, except for Air Raid by Zero. It's a good thing I can just skip him and do all the other missions. ^^

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

Ahh yes Air Raid is another one, but you can just cheat to do that one. Not good advice for someone who wants to complete the game without cheats, but it can be done, as I did it ages ago on my PS2 version. tounge.gif

thisdjjdasiaa
  • thisdjjdasiaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:20 AM

why dont you guys simply come on-board the train in SNail Trail? its what i do, and when u get there u have about 1.5mins time be4 the guy comes out

what i found annoying was the final and second to last zero missions

also regarding uncle sam mission, destroy the patriots be4 you you head off with ryder

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

An example of each persons skills are different.
I've never been able to get on that train, as soon as CJ gets to the platform the trains is moving away.
The last two of Zero's missions are (to me) the easiest.
The Patriot's in the raid destroy themselves on the bridge. It was the crate loading and guardsmen that causes most problems for new players.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

I find the shooting section of Up, Up and Away hard. I passed End of the Line several times with ease, but I have trouble in Up, Up and Away, even now. They aim darn good.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

Jet pack up to the top of the fuel tanks from the south. Snipe the three guards. then go to the lower level below the copter pad.
Either use the HEAT missile launcher or the provided Mini-gun on the defending copters.

Shark_Cipriani
  • Shark_Cipriani

Keep shooting

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:07 AM

^^Thanks for the tip. I always fought my way to the top. I'll be sure to use this technique next time

thisdjjdasiaa
  • thisdjjdasiaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Jul 23 2010, 04:17)
An example of each persons skills are different.
I've never been able to get on that train, as soon as CJ gets to the platform the trains is moving away.
The last two of Zero's missions are (to me) the easiest.
The Patriot's in the raid destroy themselves on the bridge. It was the crate loading and guardsmen that causes most problems for new players.

well with a fast bike u can enter the train i think , i dont remember what i was driving

i dont find zero missions particulary hard, i find them annoying, i want to be in a vhecile, not rc it damn it

regarding patriots didnt kno that, certanly never happend to me, maybe the reason is i never "instruct" ryder to lose some of the crates

ultrasly19
  • ultrasly19

GTA freak! been a fan of GTA since GTA 3

• Members

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Oh god Flying School Was a complete Waste of time and a Pain in the ass. i mean they should have an option whether to skip flying school or not.. the worse ones were destroy targets with that hunter and fly around and land. the mission that Pissed me off was where you had to kill toreno in that helicopter. and Vertical Bird was Gay just Gay.. i had to retry around 10 times.

Rampage8934
  • Rampage8934

GTA V, Can't Wait

• Members

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:22 PM

I always got stuck on this mission, Wrong Side of the Tracks

Est1997
  • Est1997

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:19 AM

f*cking RC missions... damn I hated those

Jimmy_Leppard
  • Jimmy_Leppard

DYOM mission designer/user

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:51 AM Edited by Jimmy_Leppard, 18 August 2010 - 06:51 PM.

Personaly, I passed every mission in 1 to 5 tries, but for me the most annoying (and I'm not telling hard, yet annoying) are definitely Catalina missions. That girl has some serious problem with her talking and behaviour. I hated her. I also hated her stupid calls every once and a while after robbing that 4 places. But the hardest mission for me was definitely a vertical bird.
  • j7n likes this

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Shark_Cipriani @ Jul 23 2010, 08:07)
^^Thanks for the tip. I always fought my way to the top. I'll be sure to use this technique next time

I always found the jetpack a bit too slow. Instead, you can also use a Maverick or Sea Sparrow. The Maverick on top of the Emerald Isle heli-pad is the closest and can be accessed easily by parachuting off a Shamal.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

Stay close to the ground and the Jet-pack moves faster than if you have altitude. Same with copters.

Dark_side646
  • Dark_side646

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:35 AM

I know but the jetpack seems a bit too far away compared to Emerald Isle's maverick. Besides, the uneven ground from the desert to the city makes it difficult to achieve a good speed. The one that the jetpack has in its favor, however, is how the maverick takes some time to spawn. Both methods are easy but I usually barge in there with guns blazing. cool.gif

Public Enemy No. 1
  • Public Enemy No. 1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

Probably Supply Lines. I haven't attempted that mission in a long time, though.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, I agree that Supply Lines was very annoying. Well, I did clear that mission on my first try later, but the mission was very hard at first, especially because of the time limit. I didn't like to handle that plane either.

Another mission I didn't like was when you had to drive to the countryside and then back to the city where you came from. I don't remember what the mission was called though. It wasn't hard, but as far as I know the mission had a time limit and it was a very boring mission.

At first I didn't like the Flying School missions either, because I thought they were pretty hard. They aren't bad know, and I think I just forgot how to handle those plane wheels. My english wasn't that good at the time so I used to ignore many cutscenes and texts.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Founder

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:12 PM

Madd Dogg's Rhymes. My stealth tactics is crap and the guards shoot me pretty badly on my way to the studio.

killer24
  • killer24

There's nothing you can do about it.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

I hate these missions:

-The Da Nang Thang because you will lost your weapons

-The Green Sabre because you will lost your weapons

-Photo Opportunity because it's boring when you're traveling a long journey

-Jizzy because those vehicles (Stretch and Huntley) are f****** fast

-A Home in The Hills because the Windsor is crap

-OG Loc because if you bump while chasing Freddy, you'll lose him

But the most hated mission is:

Ice Cold Killa because the crack dealers shoot you

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Wait, I also didn't like the mission 'Jizzy'. I thought the mission was quite easy when I first played it, but for some reason I had problems with it later, when I wanted to beat the game again. I don't know if the mission is easy or hard now, but the mission has never really been funny to play at all.

DesertEagleSA
  • DesertEagleSA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

The mission where you have to kill Jizzy is so f*cking annoying! Untill i found out how to hinder his escape. When i get there, i shoot his pimp car so it blows up, then shoot every other car.
Last time i did that, he hopped on a Pizza Stack scooter and i was able to run him down with a fire-truck instantly!

The mission where you have to kill alll the cholos in the big mansion is also very annoying! Big Poppa gets away so easily and you can hardly catch him!

Most of Zero's missions were annoying also
  • j7n likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users