Most annoying mission

236 replies to this topic
Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:09 AM

It's mildly annoying that in "555 We Tip" that anytime you get a wanted star while driving the DA's car, you fail instantly. You so much as graze a cop who's turning the corner on the street, it's over. You don't get a chance to shake the star, get the bribe located at the construction site north of the garage in Doherty or anything.

Earlier I did this exact thing, then passed it on the next try only to have the game lock up upon going to give We Tip a call. Not really a problem with the mission, just needed to vent about it mad.gif

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Feb 11 2009, 06:15)
Getting 100% in the "Wheelie Weave".

Wheelie Weave is difficult to achieve in 100%, also it difficult to get 100% on flying practice in desert airstrip. Racing mission and End of the Line is also difficult to complete.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:49 AM

Sorry to take another smack at the dead horse but "Photo Opportunity" absolutely blows choad. After having to do it again, I've decided the driving doesn't really bother me. It's the fact that you're stuck in the camera view mode and can't move, and that T-Bone Mendez never really faces you. Taking profile shots of the face seems to be hit or miss as to whether the game counts it, and you never know if it does until it's too late. This is hardly news, but I just needed a place to vent. Challenging missions are one thing, but busywork made unnecessarily bothersome is another story. mad.gif

Oh, and you only get a respect boost for completing it. No cash.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Feb 27 2009, 17:19)
It's the fact that you're stuck in the camera view mode and can't move, and that T-Bone Mendez never really faces you. Taking profile shots of the face seems to be hit or miss as to whether the game counts it, and you never know if it does until it's too late.

Now, this is something very strange to me because I have always managed to get shots of everyone on my first attempt. I can't even remember the last time I had to click twice to capture a single character. And oh, you don't need to take frontal shots. Shots from the side are counted by the game too. It has worked for me every single time.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Feb 27 2009, 06:56)
It's the fact that you're stuck in the camera view mode and can't move, and that T-Bone Mendez never really faces you. Taking profile shots of the face seems to be hit or miss as to whether the game counts it, and you never know if it does until it's too late.

Now, this is something very strange to me because I have always managed to get shots of everyone on my first attempt. I can't even remember the last time I had to click twice to capture a single character. And oh, you don't need to take frontal shots. Shots from the side are counted by the game too. It has worked for me every single time.

Maybe it's a PS2 v1 thing on my end? I nailed a profile (side) shot of T-Bone, but he walked around the building and I got the fail message. Suffice it to say I was unhappy.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Feb 27 2009, 18:42)

Maybe it's a PS2 v1 thing on my end? I nailed a profile (side) shot of T-Bone, but he walked around the building and I got the fail message. Suffice it to say I was unhappy.

Does it happen everytime? Normally, I'm pretty quick on my shots. I click as soon as T-Bone gets out of the car. I still don't think I manage a front view shot though because he turns around pretty quickly. So, I'm fairly certain that side profile shots are accepted too, at least on PC.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Feb 27 2009, 07:16)
QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Feb 27 2009, 18:42)

Does it happen everytime? Normally, I'm pretty quick on my shots. I click as soon as T-Bone gets out of the car. I still don't think I manage a front view shot though because he turns around pretty quickly. So, I'm fairly certain that side profile shots are accepted too, at least on PC.

I don't know, I guess I'll have to mess around with it next time I play it. I saved afterward so I'd have to go back and play through to do it again. Second time around I made sure to get one just as he's getting out of the car, so I don't know if that's the one that counted or one of the profile shots I was doing afterwards. I still got the message at the bottom that reads "Photograph his face!" like I did before I failed, but then Toreno rolls up. I only got profile shots of Toreno and they counted, and I passed the mission.

At any rate, I'm done with it for this playthrough tounge.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:28 PM

In photo op's did you Zoom in or just take a quicky. I think Zoom is required for it to count.

SPAS_12
  • SPAS_12

Group: The Black Wall Street

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

in "photo up" i used that thing to skip all the driving.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Feb 27 2009, 10:28)
In photo op's did you Zoom in or just take a quicky. I think Zoom is required for it to count.

I zoomed.

And I don't even recall if Trip Skip works in this mission (I reloaded my save from the Doherty garage after failing this last time) but in any case you have to fail a mission first before using Trip Skip.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

I never remembered what key I need to skip the trip haha. Only did it once in the Smoke missions when it tells you how to do it.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Feb 27 2009, 12:56)

Do you actually need to have the target villain in the frame for each photo?
I always have done so far, I never hadd any problems with it. But now you've got me wondering

What if you look away and photograph the trees, or Cesar or something?
What it the villain you're meant to take a photo of is looking away or if they are obscured by something?

Steve

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Steve, I took the picture of the back of someone's head, it was accepted by the game.

JoshGTAfreak
  • JoshGTAfreak

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:06 AM

I hate wrong side of the tracks it's really hard.
I also hate Under The Radar.
I passed photo opportunity first time.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:13 AM

The mission with the Andromada - JUST HOW f*ckING GLITCH-PRONE IT IS.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Mar 2 2009, 01:13)
The mission with the Andromada - JUST HOW f*ckING GLITCH-PRONE IT IS.

Not at all, I've never seen what I'd call a glitch in it. What glitches do you see in it?

Steve

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

You know, the moment when the Andromada can suddenly accelerate and leave you unable to catch up to it?

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

When I first did "Monster", I really thought it would be fun, but the terrain you had to travel over was such a bitch! I felt like I was driving a shopping trolley. The number of times I slid down banks and turned it over and then had to start again. The best time I did only ever got me into about third place. cool.gif

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 12:46 PM

Photo oppurtunity. Hell, I get lost everytime. Until I was very lucky. I don't get why people hate the flying missions. I hate the missions after that. You know, the Toreno missions after it. Can't do them.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Mar 2 2009, 13:41)
You know, the moment when the Andromada can suddenly accelerate and leave you unable to catch up to it?

You mean on mission Stowaway?
Try leaning forwards on the bike. Tap the key. It makes the bike go faster, fast enough to easily catch the Andromeda.

It's useful on a few other missions as well icon14.gif

Steve

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:29 PM Edited by chapapote, 07 March 2009 - 07:34 PM.

Body Harvest.

I don't know why but I always arrive at that farm during night. I can't see the farmers but they can see me (that's a big flaw in GTA, BTW). Besides for some reason the sound disappears when it rains, including shots. It takes me some time to realise I'm being shot. Furthermore their shotguns hurt as hell.

By section of the game:
-Los Santos: Wrong Side of the Tracks
-Countryside: Body Harvest
-San Fierro: New Model Army
-Desert: Learning to Fly
-Las Venturas: Dam and Blast
-Los Santos 2: Cut Throat Business

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

­

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

city slicking .

Coolgamer
  • Coolgamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

FREEFALL. I still can't manage to pass that mission.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 7 2009, 19:29)
Body Harvest.

I don't know why but I always arrive at that farm during night. I can't see the farmers but they can see me (that's a big flaw in GTA, BTW). Besides for some reason the sound disappears when it rains, including shots. It takes me some time to realise I'm being shot. Furthermore their shotguns hurt as hell.

Their rifles can do you a lot of damage quite quickly as well. But those reasons you gave are why it's one of my favourite missions lol.gif

I always try to complete it without taking any damage to my health or armour. It's possible, especially with good use of the sniper rifle. But the trickiest one is to get that last truck with the hillbilly riding on the back of it before they can do you any damage.

Steve

lazy34
  • lazy34

Lazy Chaos

• Members

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Mar 7 2009, 19:29)
Body Harvest.

You could just go around the perimeter of the farm and skip over to where the harvester is...
For Cutthroat Business OG Loc goes very slowly in the go-cart part and only speeds up when you're catching up.

WAR potatoes
  • WAR potatoes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:42 AM

Freefall bothered me for a really long time, so did the flying school and Zero missions.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:59 AM

Truly the most Annoying has to be

Zero's AIR RAID.

Because of the droning on (long winded) preamble (yakity-yak). No way to click past it to get to the action.

all the other game missions are merely difficult.

lazy34
  • lazy34

Lazy Chaos

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Mar 11 2009, 03:59)
Truly the most Annoying has to be

Zero's AIR RAID.

Because of the droning on (long winded) preamble (yakity-yak). No way to click past it to get to the action.

all the other game missions are merely difficult.

"We will fight him in the beaches! Well, rooftops..."

$gt. Fletcher
  • $gt. Fletcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:26 PM Edited by $gt. Fletcher, 11 March 2009 - 06:30 PM.

Photo Opportunity is seriously annoying. As much as I love cruisin' around Los Santos in a Savanna (preferably with hydraulics) I seriously cannot handle it properly in the countryside, it'd always trip over and you cannot pick a random car on the street like in some other missions either, you have to use Cesar's ride.

I was also annoyed by Robbing Uncle Sam and Home Invasion because they take time and get even more unlikeable if you fail once or twice and have to do everything over again, and I've never been particularly very happy about the flying ones either.

What I do in the Andromada chase mission is following it with the bike but staying a few feet to the left from the plane so none of those boxes would hit me, and as I'm fast enough make a sharp turn and board the plane.

MURRDAN
  • MURRDAN

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

Vertical Bird is pretty annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users