Photo

Most annoying mission

236 replies to this topic
Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

In the early parts of the game there are loads of these. OG Loc can be annoying if you fall of your bike. Lifes a beach can be really annoying becuase dancing is really difficult I find. Doing the lowrider meets is easier. Robbing Uncle Sam becuase it takes absolutley ages. Wrong side of the tracks, until I learnt to jump onto the train.
In the countryside there are no really annoying missions, but I did find farewell my love to be a little challenging.
Snail trail takes ages and is annoying, like photo oppurtunity. Mike Toreno is also a little annoying if you can't find the van.
I also found interdiction a little tricky, but is fun nonetheless. NOE is tough, as well is the one where you destroy the counterfeit chips.

I just wanted to hear what everyone else says becuase I've heard this is the most annoying GTA. Also, bike school was a bitch.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:54 PM

The only annoying missions IMO are the one's that require you to go all the way from a city to countryside.

Blizzard14
  • Blizzard14

Get out of here STALKER!

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 10 2009, 13:54)
The only annoying missions IMO are the one's that require you to go all the way from a city to countryside.

I second that.
Also, Dancing is probably the easiest thing there is to do in SA. Im on PS2. Maybe because Dancing is harder on PC?

dice
  • dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:08 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 10 2009, 21:54)

Photo Opportunity ?

The hardest and most annoying has got to be Wheelie Wave and Alley Oop.
Never managed to get Wheelie Wave gold by myself

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:12 AM Edited by lil weasel, 12 February 2009 - 01:16 AM.

Photo Ops. (I chopper to Caesar, then the loonng drive to the village. and then the longer drive 'home')

and Any Mission that ignores CJ's current selection of weapons, replacing a weapon with an inferior one.
Like when the silenced pistol is replaced by the requirement to use a knife (2) missions.
Or the Desert Eagle is replaced by the 9mm pistol.
or the SMG is replaced by the mini machine-pistol.

I think annoying is more like boring than merely being Difficult. Most of the missions are difficult in some. But some just don't make sense such as the couple that force the use of the knife when you already have a suitable weapon in inventory.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:15 AM

Getting 100% in the "Wheelie Weave".

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:24 AM

CJ, it's Ceasar. The Yay are leaving San Fierro....

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ Feb 11 2009, 11:54)
CJ, it's Ceasar. The Yay are leaving San Fierro....

That isn't required for 100%, so even though it was annoying, you can choose to ignore it and move on with your game.

For me, any mission that involved flying got on my nerves.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Feb 11 2009, 18:12)
Any Mission that ignores CJ's current selection of weapons, replacing a weapon with an inferior one.

i.e The Da Nang Thang. That pissed me off.

For me, Snail Trail was the worst. Even though you can accelerate ahead and wait for the train at the station, it was boring once you got there. Once i got there, went and made a sandwich and returned to find the train only just arriving at the station. Then, you have to follow the stupid cab around the city making random turns when you get basically go in a straight line and get to the Pier much faster.
Sniping the guys is obviously the best part, but then after you complete the mission, the only money you recieve is the money you pick up from the corpses.

Al least in Photo Op you can drive there as fast as you can and feel like you aren't being held up by anyone. I cant remember but i think you get paid for this one too.

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

The Flight School missions. I hated them.

˸
  • ˸

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:49 PM

- wrong side of the tracks. Took me well over 20 tries before that fat f*ck shot the guys
- Badlands B where they give you crappy Z-350 to drive in a rain
- Photo opportunity - I completely hated his savannah, it's so useless on the corners and offroad. About 10 tries
- Circle/Circle and land. The first took me about 30 tries, the latter about 15.
- Stowaway - definately the hardest mission. Took me over 100 tries to get on the plane.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

Initially Flying School drove me mad. I was chewing the carpet and cussing the cat. Once I got to learn to fly properly, it was a helluva relief.

Agreed about Snail Trail. To travel such a long distance, and so awkwardly, only to fail. Aieeee!

angry.gif

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

The Libertonian grandmaster

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:43 AM

"Life's a Beach" I found it annoying, because it was such a pointless mission. Why the f**k did a dancing minigame have to be part of the storyline? That, and the flying school for me.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Feb 14 2009, 10:36)
Initially Flying School drove me mad. I was chewing the carpet and cussing the cat. Once I got to learn to fly properly, it was a helluva relief.

Agreed about Snail Trail. To travel such a long distance, and so awkwardly, only to fail. Aieeee!

angry.gif

Especially when you fail it for no apparent reason - like when no cab turns up for the reporter

Steve

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:51 PM

I've never had a cab now show up. What I have done is set off that goddamned Spookometer thing to fail mad.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

Snail Trail and Photo Opportunity are a bitch to fail, because then you are only down with reloading or driving all the way back. That's why I always make sure I save before trying such long and boring missions.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Feb 14 2009, 18:51)
I've never had a cab now show up. What I have done is set off that goddamned Spookometer thing to fail mad.gif

I've had it happen a couple of times (out of 20+ times playing the game).

Both times I went ahead of the train, once by motorbike and once by helicopter, and got to the station before the reporter so that I could wait outside. I was far enough away so that he wouldn't notice me. The Spookometer didn't flicker. He came out of the station and stood and waited for a cab, and waited, and waited. Until eventually it said that I had failed the mission and the reporter vanished.

I then did exactly the same again and this time a cab turned up and I passed the mission without any problem. I think it's just something that happens. Rarely, but it does happen

Steve

williamk76
  • williamk76

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Feb 14 2009, 10:43)
flying school

I could NEVER do any flying in the game. I can in GTA IV, but in SA, I'm the worst pilot there is. I forget the mission name, but it's the one where you have to fly over to that other plane, attack the people and come back to the Las Venturas airport.

[SM]CJZera
  • [SM]CJZera

<Subject Name Here>

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:04 PM

This are the missions that drive me mad when I replay SA

Driving School:
Lap n Burn: One mistake and you have to do it ALL again
Cone coil... Seriously, WTF? When are you going to use this in the game?
Alley Oop: Cool, time to do a barrel roll, ain't it funny?... No it isn't, for some reason, I did all the game told me and I ALWAYS ended up upside-down/facing the wrong direction/or even worse
Wheelie Wave: The car just doesn't stay and if it does, landing on the sphere is a bitch

Photo Op: I... Hate... All... That... Driving... They should of kept the beta version of the helicopter, I hate all that driving
Lure: The first time I couldn't make it, now that I'm used to it, I hate going to angel pine without scratching anything, it's so annoying

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE ([SM]CJZera @ Feb 14 2009, 20:04)
This are the missions that drive me mad when I replay SA
Lure: The first time I couldn't make it, now that I'm used to it, I hate going to angel pine without scratching anything, it's so annoying

Lure is great fun. You can drive that Rancher into as many other cars, walls or trees as you like on the way to Angel Pine. It's pretty much indestructible until you get to Angel Pine. Then it magically restores itself.

Once the Da Nang boys start to follow you just floor it and keep it floored all the way. As long as you don't roll it (too often) you should be all right. They catch up with you on a couple of uphill stretches near the start where the Rancher isn't as fast as their bikes. But you can soon outpace them. And once I hit the main road I never see them again until we get to the destination

Steve

MrNoHelp
  • MrNoHelp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

I really hate country side missions: You have to travel long distances. Not mention that in some missions you can bail out and fall into the water. I also hate "The wrong side of the track" with Big Smoke on a sanchez, killing those Vagos is really annoying.

I also hate some of car missions, especially the one that you have to travel to the pier and head back to the school, so much places that can spoil your trip and cars that damages your car. If you manage to break that you almost stop, you fail the mission, I only did a U turn and my trip was over.

I also hate the one that you jump from the corner of the ramp, rotate and land with no damage and stright. Similarly I hate the one where you have to do a 90 turn and park the car between the other cars.

At first, flying missions were tough, especially the one that you have to take off, circle and land. The parachute training is also a nuisance if you fail to hit the bull´s eye or your timing is cranky. Luckly, you ony have to some missions 100% to get the licenses to fly planes and especially the Hydra LOL.

Basic seaman ship is also hard mission for me, and also the one that you must jump off the ramp.

Just like you mentioned before, I hate the missions what replace your weapon to inferior ones.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Feb 14 2009, 23:43)
Why the f**k did a dancing minigame have to be part of the storyline?

So that you can get the sound van, give it to OG Loc and have the mission House Party.

QUOTE (williamk76 @ Feb 15 2009, 08:31)
I forget the mission name, but it's the one where you have to fly over to that other plane, attack the people and come back to the Las Venturas airport.

Freefall.

QUOTE (CJZera @ Feb 15 2009, 09:04)
Cone coil... Seriously, WTF? When are you going to use this in the game?

Weaving in and out of traffic, outgoing or oncoming, on the highways/freeways.

Also, Lure is great fun. Trying different ways to do it, different ways to f*ck up the bikers each time is fun.

Cheesbaby
  • Cheesbaby

Mayor Adam West

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

Lure: A long and tedious drive to the country making sure that the car doesn't get f*cked.

Then a long chase, and as I get half way through, it starts to f*cking rain! Every time I tried it I'd spin off the path and into a tree or the ocean.

The Marcos Bistro one: Unfortunatly for me, Liberty City wasn't solid. I'd fall through the floor along with everyone in into invisible water. It would tell me to fly back to Las Venturas.

AND EVERY sh*tING COUNTRYSIDE LEVEL THAT MAKES ME LEAVE THE CITY AND FAIL TO GO BACK TO THE CITY TO FAIL AGAIN!

biggrin.gif

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:30 AM Edited by TonyClifton, 04 March 2009 - 10:37 AM.

The mission where you have to chase Eddie Pulaski used to get right on my nerves, especially as he is driving a Buffalo and you are driving something straight out of the circus. However, I learned to leave an NRG900 on the track and jump on to that to chase the S.o.B.
I did quite like his parting comments at the end. A bastard all the way! cool.gif

GSFfan
  • GSFfan

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:19 AM

The one where you had to free Toreno was quite ridiculous. your allies' AI was terrible and made the whole mission very difficult to complete, particularly when your getaway vehicle will explode.

retried the mission 7 times.........

lazy34
  • lazy34

Lazy Chaos

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (TonyClifton @ Feb 16 2009, 10:30)
The mission where you have to chase Eddie Pulaski used to get right on my nerves, especially as he is driving a Buffalo and you are driving something straight out of the circus. However, I learned to leave an NG900 on the track and jump on to that to chase the S.o.B.
I did quite like his parting comments at the end. A bastard all the way! cool.gif

Yeah, I used to get annoyed by that mission too.

Until I started parking a Hunter nearby to hunt him down with.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (GSFfan @ Feb 18 2009, 04:19)
The one where you had to free Toreno was quite ridiculous. your allies' AI was terrible and made the whole mission very difficult to complete, particularly when your getaway vehicle will explode.

retried the mission 7 times.........

Always move the stretch limo away from the van before you blow the van up.
When you leave the airport and are being chased, if the stretch is damaged you can duck into the Pay n Spray opposite the garage

Steve

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Feb 10 2009, 20:49)
In the early parts of the game there are loads of these. OG Loc can be annoying if you fall of your bike. Lifes a beach can be really annoying becuase dancing is really difficult I find. Doing the lowrider meets is easier. Robbing Uncle Sam becuase it takes absolutley ages. Wrong side of the tracks, until I learnt to jump onto the train.
In the countryside there are no really annoying missions, but I did find farewell my love to be a little challenging.
Snail trail takes ages and is annoying, like photo oppurtunity. Mike Toreno is also a little annoying if you can't find the van.
I also found interdiction a little tricky, but is fun nonetheless. NOE is tough, as well is the one where you destroy the counterfeit chips.

I just wanted to hear what everyone else says becuase I've heard this is the most annoying GTA. Also, bike school was a bitch.

what so hard about "youve had your chips" that was a pretty straight forward mission

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (gtamann123 @ Feb 26 2009, 23:44)
what so hard about "youve had your chips" that was a pretty straight forward mission

The first time I tried it I didn't spot the guy on the containers on the way out. That's a powerful shotgun he's got.

But even with that, it should be possible to pass it first time and then it gets easier the more you do it - and more fun because there are plenty of targets biggrin.gif

Steve

Ronny3730
  • Ronny3730

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:42 AM Edited by Ronny3730, 27 February 2009 - 01:47 AM.

hard missons will terize ur hand eye cordnation for any misson i recomend not cheating it realy fs u so take a fast bost the water rampage_ani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users