Photo

[Q] Increasing Top Speed

19 replies to this topic
Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

Ok I've set the top speed of some cars to different values like Banshee's top speed is now 300 Km/h instead of 180 Km/h. When I go ingame I can hear the it takes more time in a gear to shift into another, and I think the car is driving faster than usual (not acceleration, but top speed), but when I turn on speedometer it says that I'm only driving with 180 Km/hs (the fastest speed was 185 with modded banshee)
So my question is, is there a way to increase top speed without increasing acceleration? Or I did everything perfect, only the speedometer is f*cked up? whatsthat.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

lol Rob I think I found out that if "you" decrease the value of drag, you will have faster and faster cars, but the car won't do burnouts.
Ok sorry for the previous sentence, so I think I might found it out tounge2.gif colgate.gif

Diaz070
  • Diaz070

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

lol you're one crazy f*cker tounge2.gif can you still edit your car values? dozingoff.gif

FakeJ66
  • FakeJ66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

ok i don't know how you ente that in handling.dat with notepad, but i know how you enter it with IV Needle.

Open IV Needle and select your car. Than go to Transmissions and enter in Velocity your amount. For banschee it's 160.0 . Change it to something like 300.0

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 02:01 PM

That's what I did and the bansee still had a top speed of 180. It just couldn't go faster, but now that I've edited my handling.cfg (drag to -2.0) hell yeah it goes like hell. And I've set -2.0 for almost every car, so every car have the same velocity in game which I set up in the handling.cfg. Proof: speedometer in GTA IV biggrin.gif
I did 287 Km/h in city (traffic off of course biggrin.gif ) then crashed. Holy sh*t I've never seen such big crash. The car took off from the ground then hit the overpass, and still bounced 200 meters, till it crashed in a building biggrin.gif biggrin.gif It made me lol.
To edit handling.cfg with notepad simply click right mouse button on handling.cfg and open it with notepad. Now scroll down till you see the car you want to customize (banshee for example), now edit the 2nd culomn after the car's name. 1st culomn is car's mass etc.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

Ok now I've encountered another problem. All of my car's maximum speed can't be higher than 288 Km/h. Is this the speed which the game can still handle or what? My infernus' top speed is 340, but ingame top speed is 288. My Banshee's top speed is 300, but ingame it's 288. I've tried decreasing the drag to make it faster, but nothing. Any idea?

System796
  • System796

We all got to fly through the hard times.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Feb 15 2009, 14:46)
Ok now I've encountered another problem. All of my car's maximum speed can't be higher than 288 Km/h. Is this the speed which the game can still handle or what? My infernus' top speed is 340, but ingame top speed is 288. My Banshee's top speed is 300, but ingame it's 288. I've tried decreasing the drag to make it faster, but nothing. Any idea?

Where do you take that your in-game maximum speed is 288? If you're using a trainer or something like that, then it's the trainer's problem, it's just the maximum it will show.

Diaz070
  • Diaz070

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:52 PM

i canīt even find handling.cfg sad.gif where the hell is it

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:20 PM

handling.cfg is in common/data/handling.cfg

I use inGame Trainer. It allows me to do almost anything. But is it really the trainer?

saracoglu
  • saracoglu

saracoglu

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

I remeber heving read about a speed cap for the heli's. There is a cheat flag 'REMOVE_HELI_SPEED_CAP' or alike.

Fact is, no matter how you apply a force to a vehicle (ie. driving, applying x/y/z force per trainer), the vehicle speed seems to get capped at a limit.
So I assume the trainer shows the calculated real speed as 288, and that can be our global speed cap.

The solution is not on the handling cfg, but in the game dynamics. Must check the individual flags on game engine.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

Correct, there seems to be a speed cap of arond 288 KM/U (give or take a few).

I use a speedincrease as well (setcarforwardspeed) with a multiplyer of 1.5 each keypress, but I never get it over the 288 KM/u mark according to the speedometer, of which I know for certain it is accurate.

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:31 PM

Hm I don't know sh*t about scripting, so what did you mean by checking flags on game engine? Anyway when we will be able to convert new car models to GTA IV every1 would be happy to drive a realistic car (with realistic handling and top speed as well) Like a Bugatti Veyron with a top speed of 400 Km/h would surely kick ass.

jani201
  • jani201

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:44 AM

rob the speed cap is hardcoded to the game so it would take quite scripting to increase it. but yeah id like to drive my vipers etc with 300+km/h ^^

D5 Driver
  • D5 Driver

Mechanic

• Members

Posted 11 January 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (saracoglu @ Feb 16 2009, 10:59)
I remeber heving read about a speed cap for the heli's. There is a cheat flag 'REMOVE_HELI_SPEED_CAP' or alike.

Fact is, no matter how you apply a force to a vehicle (ie. driving, applying x/y/z force per trainer), the vehicle speed seems to get capped at a limit.
So I assume the trainer shows the calculated real speed as 288, and that can be our global speed cap.

The solution is not on the handling cfg, but in the game dynamics. Must check the individual flags on game engine.

What file is it, I mean the 'game engine', sorry dumb question. tounge2.gif But IF it is possible to edit that f*cking speedlimit, then... (Woohoow.. Then we could have a freaking fast car!!! Yay! smile.gif ) ... We could 'crush' the limit. biggrin.gif
If I use (usually) these markers "(" And ")" then it means, what I think or something what don't belong to the other text. smile.gif
-D5 Driver

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

It's hardcoded in the game, meaning you can't edit it.
However nixolas said he could make a mod that removes the speedlimit, however you could only go forward with it. Which is not really what we want, so I guess we're back to ground zero...

D5 Driver
  • D5 Driver

Mechanic

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

^ Oh, okay... (GOD DAMNED!!! F*cking bullsh*tty hardcoded game!!!) I am not mad for that... ^_^ So, you mean with that, what nixolas meant, so we can go only forward from that 288/kmh top speed, eh? O.o
Lol, that could be cool. ^^ But if we can somehow "break" the speedlimit, then... We can keep racing on the most awesomest dragsters!!! ^^ Joking, but that was my idea. smile.gif -Nevermind... =_=
-D5 Driver

acevt06
  • acevt06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:17 AM

Hey has any1 found a way to break the speed limit yet? its been a year smile.gif

Coffin_Birth
  • Coffin_Birth

Metal Assassin

• Members

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

Seconded. I'm definitely interested and have been searching everywhere, but no one's been able to give a definite answer.

KnuckleheadFIN
  • KnuckleheadFIN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Itīs possible to go over 288 km/h in GTA IV I went over 500 km/h today, but I think its only possible to do with cruise control

user posted image

acevt06
  • acevt06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (KnuckleheadFIN @ Sunday, Apr 15 2012, 13:40)
Itīs possible to go over 288 km/h in GTA IV I went over 500 km/h today, but I think its only possible to do with cruise control

user posted image

HOW DID U GET TO GO THAT FAST!! GIVE ME LINK TO WHATEVER YOUR USING PLSS!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users