Photo

Cars disappearing from garages

10 replies to this topic
Skelerot
  • Skelerot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Does anyone know what makes garages lose the cars stored there? I could understand if you stuffed too many vehicles in there, but e.g. I only had 1 car and 1 bike in the Mulholland safe house, and both just vanished. I also had 2 cars and 1 bike in the bigger-than-average Airstip garage, and both cars were suddenly gone. In either of the cases, the game didn't say the "you can't store any more vehicles in this garage" warning.

It's pretty damn frustrating when you lose a rare car or one you just spent some good time looking for. I mean, the whole point of garages is that the cars STAY there tounge.gif How hard is it to make the game save a vehicle id and a vehicle color id. It consumes very little memory. I wouldn't even care if they don't stay in the exact same position, as long as they're there... it really takes a minimal amount of memory and coding effort. I think that's very sloppy work for an otherwise amazing game.

Well, at least it felt good to rant about it tounge.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:16 PM

Next time make sure you see the garage door closing with the cars inside it, especially when you are using the Doherty garage, which it's perhaps the most glitchy. Wait until the door is completely closed before leaving.

lazy34
  • lazy34

Lazy Chaos

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:58 PM

This may not be much help, but sometimes speeding past garages (for example Doherty and the Airplane hangar) may cause them to open accidentally, and by the time they close you're so far away that the game forgets your car was there.

Skelerot
  • Skelerot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (lazy34 @ Feb 9 2009, 16:58)
This may not be much help, but sometimes speeding past garages (for example Doherty and the Airplane hangar) may cause them to open accidentally, and by the time they close you're so far away that the game forgets your car was there.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable... probably happened something like that. Though it's pretty weird that I lost two cars from the Airstrip but the bike remained, I would've imagined it's all or nothing.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:29 PM

Cars? I keep a nevada plane from sf airport in my airstrip garage. Had it for a while and it's still there biggrin.gif

Cronyne
  • Cronyne

^ That's a squirrel, not a cat. >_>

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

I NEVER keep personal cars in the Doherty Garage. They dissapear frequently. Especially ones with a paint job.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

I know what you mean when you say it's frustrating when you lose a car you look for ages for.

It's a bit weird I know, but I always get a "Gym Car." It's either a Club or a Huntley. I always make them black and put whatever mods I can on them with the gold "twist" wheels. This is my first time playing San An for ages, and I've already lost a huntley and a club from the Johnson garage, and the paintjob off my Slamvan from there too. It's still there, which is a plus I guess, but just all green.

I got to san fierro a few days ago, and put a custom Bullet (red w/ gold stripe), the only Comet I have found yet, and the only Cheetah I have found yet. I went to it today, and my Cheetah was the only car there. If it's still there next time I play it (in a bit) I think I'll move it.

One thing I remember about when I used to play it, is that no matter how many I had, or where I had them, I could never keep the Mothership paint job on the Truth's van. At some point before I finnished the game, they would all just be white.

DiscoverProject
  • DiscoverProject

Exploring San Andreas Since 2004

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:05 PM

Well before I store a car in my garage i make sure the door closes. I'm barely near it and the garage knows your not there and it will close. I experience this before and I always make sure it closes because the game does intend to mess up and the garage still thinks your there and your basically leaving out of town.

I wonder what the max limit is to hold cars in verdant meadows (your abandon airstrip) garage.

Anyone know the answer?

lc11
  • lc11

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (DiscoverProject @ Feb 11 2009, 16:05)
I wonder what the max limit is to hold cars in verdant meadows (your abandon airstrip) garage.

Anyone know the answer?

Well I managed to store a tank, 2 helicopters(Raindance and Cargobob), a securicar, Barracks, and as much as I remember maybe a Hydra in it.

As for the glitch, I also had it once when the Doherty garage ate one Sabre I jacked from Rifa.
Dunno why that happen...

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (DiscoverProject @ Feb 11 2009, 16:05)
Well before I store a car in my garage i make sure the door closes. I'm barely near it and the garage knows your not there and it will close. I experience this before and I always make sure it closes because the game does intend to mess up and the garage still thinks your there and your basically leaving out of town.

Anyone know the answer?

I searched in Gamefaqs and it says the door closes after two cars but it can take 4 cars.
It also said that you can save 50 cars in the hangar, though. LOL wow.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE (chapapote @ Feb 12 2009, 08:06)
I searched in Gamefaqs and it says the door closes after two cars but it can take 4 cars.
It also said that you can save 50 cars in the hangar, though. LOL wow.gif

I think it means that you can fit 50 cars in there, but you cannot store or save them in there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users