Photo

MotorBike BackFlip

33 replies to this topic
FirstgtavcBackflip
  • FirstgtavcBackflip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

What the title says. I CAN DO A BACK FLIP ON A MOTORCYCLE IN GTA VICE CITY. I want to know if I'm the first. I want to post a video of me doing it on youtube so maybe you'll see it soon. Now your probably thinking its impossible but I'm telling you its not and I have landed one. If you do a backflip you'll fall off but there's a way around that and the game even says (Flips:1). I won't tell you how i did it till i get a video up.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

Send us a video, I'd like to see it.

And whenever I attempt I don't quite go back enough and end up on the floor with like 60 HP left. Will try

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

your wrong confused.gif
this has been known for such a long time i did it about a million times and if you want to just show others about it no problem but it is a waste of time notify.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:07 PM

If you're referring to the bike morph glitch, then yes, this has been known for a fair while now. If you're not referring to the morph to bike technique, I would be interested to see how exactly you pull this off.

If you are unaware, to morph Tommy to a bike (preferably the PCJ-600), what you have to first do is gain access to the West Island. I assume you've done this, so then what you have to do is find a PCJ-600. There are quite a few fixed locations for this bike, but the closest one to the specific location is situated in Downtown, at Howlin' Petes Bike Emporium. It is directly across from The Greasy Chopper, and you have to smash through a glass window in order to get to the bike. Once you have your bike, head to the Pizza place in Downtown. Once there, don't enter the building, and where the Pizza Boy is located, look just North of there. You will see a floating clothes icon, which, if walked into would change Tommy's outfit to the golf uniform.

What you have to do, is ride your bike, position it so the front tyre is just touching the icon, get off the bike and then back on. To help, use the side view to correctly position yourself. If you do this correctly, Tommy will now be stood up, but still on the bike. It becomes impossible for him to fall off, whether he flips the bike or smashes into things at speed. If you do this wrong, by performing the routine with the floating icon too close to the bike, Tommy will only have a change of clothes, and it takes a while for another clothes icon to re-appear. If you are successful though, you can have extreme amounts of fun with this, which includes performing super-jumps, crazy unique stunts and generally cause havoc, without Tommy falling off. The only downside i that your bike doesn;t become indestructible, and after a few big smashes it will be smoking. If you have weapons equipped, even though you will be able to use them, don't, as sometimes it will force Tommy to assume the original position on the bike.

FirstgtavcBackflip
  • FirstgtavcBackflip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:34 AM

Hi I can do this with out a glitch or mod wow.gif .I think the first vid will be from my camera phone suicidal.gif then maybe snagit if i figure out how to use it biggrin.gif .lol.Hotwheels83 im not saying your wrong but i would like to know how you do it?

I have to remind you its technically a back flip but slightly changed.GTA does say Flips:1 and its pretty hard to tell the difference. Hard to say it without giving it away thanks for understanding. I believe for GTA to call it a flip it needs to be a vertical 360 Thats all im saying.

Ive done it on the biggest ramp in the game.(Huge Stairs) But i did it first on the huge surfer sign at the airport onto the airport roof. and one of those ramps on the airport runway.

At the moment ive only done it on the PCJ-600
Next is the Harley Bike
Then the Dirt Bike.
Then The Scooter LOL

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'm sure all of this suspense is killing everybody, but please, for this topic's sake, preach your method to all of those who wish to know...

I'm not calling you a liar, or anything along those lines, but I can understand why others may just do that, and this topic will go no-where fast unless you provide us with your method. With or without a video.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:15 AM

heyy flicko,
i will be waiting for the video
ok yawn.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 8 2009, 15:07)
If you are unaware, to morph Tommy to a bike (preferably the PCJ-600), what you have to first do is gain access to the West Island. I assume you've done this, so then what you have to do is find a PCJ-600. There are quite a few fixed locations for this bike, but the closest one to the specific location is situated in Downtown, at Howlin' Petes Bike Emporium. It is directly across from The Greasy Chopper, and you have to smash through a glass window in order to get to the bike. Once you have your bike, head to the Pizza place in Downtown. Once there, don't enter the building, and where the Pizza Boy is located, look just North of there. You will see a floating clothes icon, which, if walked into would change Tommy's outfit to the golf uniform.

Is this for real? I don't see a clothes icon anywhere north of the Pizza place in Downtown.

Do you mean the Pizza place where you pick up Mercedes towards the end of mission Recruitment Drive?

Steve

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:31 AM

There is one there-- I forget when it shows up though-- I used to use that one to morph with when I was doing alot of superjumps...

This a bike morph vid (on top of hyman condo)...

http://www.freewebs....ds725/morph.wmv

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 10 2009, 02:09)
QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 8 2009, 15:07)

Is this for real? I don't see a clothes icon anywhere north of the Pizza place in Downtown.

Do you mean the Pizza place where you pick up Mercedes towards the end of mission Recruitment Drive?

Steve

As Spuds has said, there is on there. I'm not too sure when it becomes available (maybe after one of Avery's missions), so I might have a look later on today. The shop the icon is found at is called Jocksport, and is located approximately here.

I forgot to mention that you can actually morph to a bike (almost) at the very beginning of the game. Once you complete the mission, The Party, the soiree outfit becomes available at Rafaels, and all you have to do is find a PCJ-600, then do exactly what is shown on Spuds video and voilą! icon14.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:02 PM

Thanks chaps, I'm trying the one on top of Hyman condo - it's when I've gone to the west island early if that makes any difference.

I line up the bike just like in the clip
I get on and it does the cut to show that I've changed clothes and I'm sitting up on the bike, not holding onto the handlebars.

But if I try to go forwards or backwards my legs move - but I don't go anywhere dontgetit.gif
If I try to turn left or right the front wheel of the bike turns in that direction.

Aha!
If I sprint forwards, still nothing happens. My legs just move faster.
But if I sprint backwards then the bike begins to move, taking me with it.

I can steer left and right and once I've started moving with the 'sprint backwards' I don't need to sprint any more. But whether I tell him to move forwards or backwards - I always go backwards notify.gif

But I can't go very fast when I'm going backwards so doing a jump with a complete flip might prove to be a bit tricky biggrin.gif

I'll keep experimenting icon14.gif

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 10 2009, 17:02)
Thanks chaps, I'm trying the one on top of Hyman condo - it's when I've gone to the west island early if that makes any difference.

You mean when you unlocked the West Island, you purchased Hyman Condo and then tried the method? Or you earned $14,000, got to the West Island when the gates were locked and then purchased Hyman Condo? Because if you get to the West Island when all gates are locked, you will be unable to get to the roof of Hyman Condo with or without a bike, and the street outfit will not be there unless you purchase the property.

I don't quite understand why you are having problems. The bike should function in the way it always functions. I've just actually given this a go myself, at Hyman Condo, and the bike worked perfectly. The only difference was that Tommy was stood up, and couldn't fall off the bike, as described above. Other than that the bike performed like it should.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:24 PM

PC version maybe???

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 10 2009, 17:50)
QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 10 2009, 17:02)

You mean when you unlocked the West Island, you purchased Hyman Condo and then tried the method? Or you earned $14,000, got to the West Island when the gates were locked and then purchased Hyman Condo? Because if you get to the West Island when all gates are locked, you will be unable to get to the roof of Hyman Condo with or without a bike, and the street outfit will not be there unless you purchase the property.

I don't quite understand why you are having problems. The bike should function in the way it always functions. I've just actually given this a go myself, at Hyman Condo, and the bike worked perfectly. The only difference was that Tommy was stood up, and couldn't fall off the bike, as described above. Other than that the bike performed like it should.

I got to the west island early by riding the bike through the barrier to get over the southern bridge. Then I got enough cash to buy the Hyman Condo. So I could take the bike up to the roof and try this with the clothes icon up there

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 10 2009, 18:24)
PC version maybe???

Yes, I'm on a PC (a laptop). Doesn't it work on them?

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:05 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 10 2009, 21:35)
QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 10 2009, 18:24)
PC version maybe???

Yes, I'm on a PC (a laptop). Doesn't it work on them?

Steve

I'm not entirely sure whether you can or not. I've never heard anything about you not being able to, but then again I've never heard anything about being able to. tounge.gif I'm sure Spuds will know if it works or not..

You can also morph to a Caddy of all vehicles! Using the same technique as the morph to the bike technique. I have been successful, on the PS2, if the clothes icon was seemingly inside the back of the Caddy, without touching Tommy at all.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

ya we can do it on pc version and i tried it a hundred times this trick tounge.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

I could not recall (when I posted that)-- but I do remember now-- some PC guys found the packer superjump-- and you need to be morphed to do any superjump.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Feb 12 2009, 11:51)
ya we can do it on pc version and i tried it a hundred times this trick tounge.gif

Thanks. Which clothing pickup did you use to morph Tommy to the bike?

Steve

nitzkit
  • nitzkit

We're Out There

• Members

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

This topic makes me sad.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

(At the risk of making Nitzkit sadder) skip to 6:44 for 3
PCJ600 backflips. The 3rd is the kind FirstgtavcBackflip described,
but I had to use the side of a building to keep it vertical.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

Interesting. It would have been awesome if you could actually flip without the bike turning to the side (To stop Tommy from falling off), and remaining vertical all the time then landing it, without the use of the All in one mod. Nice video, by the way. It's a shame that the topic starter didn't come back to describe his technique...

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

So you got your ISB to say 1 flip on the PCJ. I've definitely had it say 2, possibly 3 but I doubt it. tounge.gif Frontflips and Backflips are only possible by using the BigBang cheat on the PC.

one of my favorites:

Download a video where I do it: http://thegamersalli...dynamic&id=1476

Stream a video where I do it:

Or you can try bumping a wall to the ceiling to counter act (think upside stuck onto the ceiling)
then a 3rd wall so you can land it. Try this downtown at the Hyman Stadium just to the right/left of the stairs leading up the way... notify.gif

_
|_| <------ Can you see the 3 walls? Dont count the floor.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Urban Legend @ Mar 13 2009, 14:02)
So you got your ISB to say 1 flip on the PCJ. I've definitely had it say 2, possibly 3 but I doubt it. tounge.gif Frontflips and Backflips are only possible by using the BigBang cheat on the PC.

I know that Spuds himself has managed to register 4 flips, though that was whilst he was morphed to the bike and falling through grey hell. Were you morphed to your bike when you registered your flips into the stats?

Nice video as well. icon14.gif

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

• Members

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

i morphed myself to the different cloth pickups round VC whatsthat.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Mar 16 2009, 12:16)
i morphed myself to the different cloth pickups round VC whatsthat.gif

I'd suggest you to watch the video tutorial again. Then, go back to the game and get practisin'.

The backflip on the video is a known technique, but a difficult one, nevertheless. You most likely spotted it, the player tipped the bike up, exited and quickly entered it before falling to the sharks.

And just to throw it out there - if you lean back at an angle, just to the limit off falling of the bike, that will count as a flip when you land.

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:44 PM Edited by Urban Legend, 20 March 2009 - 02:50 PM.

2 flips after bumping into a pole. http://img297.images...2707/2flips.jpg

I got a new graphics card today and I have never been this happy. tounge2.gif

The tracksuit can be found after completing "Supply and Demand" or "The Fastest Boat" Would someone like to confirm which one? cookie.gif cookie.gif And Spuds, I swear I'm the one who found the PS2 superjump, the one with the clothes glitch and the packer. It was posted on GameFaqs, Then GTAGaming and then here. In the order of forums I visited. tounge.gif

I was "yoman."

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:08 PM Edited by Spuds725, 20 March 2009 - 05:28 PM.

Which PS2 superjump are you referring to and when did you find it?? (I doubt one person found them all-- not that you didn't find the first). THere are multiple ones, did you find them all and are you sure you were first or did you find it on your own concurrently with others about the same time?? They were done and documented very soon after game release. Rimjaw's site (down now) is where I found them, he had links back to where he found them I think-- had vids of them as well as the III superjump (which were really impressive superjumps)...

The only superjump that was found much later was the packer one... as far as I know this was found by Kaneda (one of the ATS stunters)-- was found on the PC version and I found it worked on the PS2 version as well, I just couldn't get the ones they had documented on PC..

I was involved in the first SA superjump, although I didn't discover it, I figured out you could use the "drive by shooting as driver cheat" to keep you from falling off the bike-- you could get the jump before but would fall off every time)... so I discovered how to get superjump stats from the SA one....

THere is one in IV as well but everyone is calling it the swingset glitch-- http://www.youtube.c...oq=gta iv swing

-- they are acting just like a superjump though-- the cause of them all is a collision data conflict-- not sure about the teleport ones though.

//edit// doing a little research (backtracking) and the person rimjaw linked to found it from gamefaqs... the link to the gamefaq thread is dead though... gamefaqs boards are not very searchable...

Here is the first mention of it here I could find...

http://www.gtaforums...showtopic=70115
(I didn't even own a PS2 yet)

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, don't remember a thing of 2002 except for a little GTAIII.

It was the icon glitch/packer jump I'm talkin' about. Funny that you mention GameFaqs also. That's the one I was on. tounge.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

For that one, I honestly don't know-- Kaneda and someone else posted up some PC screenies of jump stats but the landings were near the airport... I don't recall exactly if they said they found them or any other details of its origin-- it was obviously some time after the PC version release...

With a little search... found this post by him.. (2nd post in thread) was posted sept 27, 2004-- this is the first I ever saw of this...

http://www.gtaforums...48318&hl=packer

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:01 PM

Do you, by any chance remember a video of a Packer truck doing 2 (or more) complete backflips at the airport? With Tommy wearing the black tracksuit? It's one thing that could happen if you don't spawn yourself into the bike. smile.gif

But yeah, Kaneda and them hit that up about the same time as I did. Can't remember exactly when I found this jump, but I got Vice for the PC on August 23rd, 2004, my birthday. And recorded as quickly as I could.

I'll do another video for you... I can remember the exact camera angle and time of day it was. (it was dusk) tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users