The Second Episode

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,158 replies to this topic
Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:24 PM Edited by Azazel, 13 May 2009 - 04:58 PM.

user posted imageuser posted image
    There has been a lot of discussion regarding the next downloadble content pack for GTA IV. This has been more or less concealed in the Lost and Damned section, for god knows what reason.

Some time in the future we might see a seperate forum for this sort of talk, but for now, this will do.

Discuss. smile.gif
LUIS FERNANDO LOPEZ

Luis is the most discussed possible new protagonist believed to be featured in the future new, still unnamed, DLC.

WHY?
  • He is featured in the missions 'Three Leaf Clover', 'Museum Piece', 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend' and lately in the Lost and Damned mission 'Diamonds in the Rough'.
  • You recieve the achievement 'Impossible Trinity' after completing 'Museum Piece', where Niko, Johnny and Luis meet - three characters being brought together by almost impossble events.
  • After completing the mission 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend', calling Roman will lead to Niko speaking about coincidence and about how his and a certain Dominican's paths keep crossing. (Thanks to SafetyCatch.)
  • During the end credits for The Lost and Damned, you see Niko and Johnny exiting the museum during the missions 'Museum Piece' and 'Diamonds In The Rough' respectively, and you get a glimpse of Luis on the roof, shooting through a skylight, possibly making his way back into the museum.
  • Browsing the 'american.gxt' file found in The Lost and Damned, one will come across several mentions of "fight clubs", complete with rank listings and some dialogue. It is a discovery that strengthens the theory of Luis being the next protagonist substantially. Fight Club, Rankings. (Thanks to Pikey9002.)
BACKGROUND
  • Dominican-American street gangster.
  • 25 years old.
  • Born in Liberty City.
  • Lives in Northwood.
  • Associated with the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers.
  • Works as a bodyguard for club owner and Ancelotti associate Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince.
  • Also works as a doorman at Prince's nightclubs, Maisonette 9 and Hercules in Lower Algonquin.
  • Rumored to be involved in underground fight clubs.
  • His criminal record also includes Grand Theft Auto in 2001, and assault in 2003.
PLOTHOLES
  • During 'Three Leaf Clover' you are actually able to shoot and possibly kill Luis.
SPECULATION
  • NEW! Included in a recent, supposed, leak of Microsoft's E3 line up was the apparent title of the new DLC. While "Battle After All Fights Love Central" hardly makes any sense, another title was presented in the shape of "Blood and a Four Leaf Clover" which isn't as random, but be sure to keep in mind that these are strictly speculative, based on rumours pulled from Twitter. Both these could be old, scrapped titles, or just temporary ones. (Source: The next GTA DLC?!)
  • A recent discussion of the elusive muscle car - the Tampa - has spawned some speculative theories involving the car acting as Luis' vehicle of choice, much like Johnny and his Hexer. So far the only sighting of the car has been a short glimpse during the intro cutscene in The Lost and Damned, and a picture in the Brady Games guide.
  • During the mission 'Out of The Closet' for Brucie, this piece of dialogue comes up: "You know Gay Tony, runs Hercules and Maisonette 9? He pretends to have the dollars but he is really broke as hell!" It seems that if Luis is indeed the character in the second episode, a lot of the story, or at least some of it, will revolve around Gay Tony's poverty. (Thanks to Pat.)
GALLERY
    user posted image user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Has anyone tried typing his name into the LCPD computer database? I would do it myself and type up any results but I don’t currently own the game.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Feb 7 2009, 20:25)
Has anyone tried typing his name into the LCPD computer database? I would do it myself and type up any results but I don’t currently own the game.

I added all additional info from the LCPD database. smile.gif

yashrulz
  • yashrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

Jonny and niko are anytime better than this guy.

LitoBX
  • LitoBX

Savage Rebel

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (yashrulz @ Feb 7 2009, 20:48)
Jonny and niko are anytime better than this guy.

Are you daft? Stay on topic.

jason88
  • jason88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

i would really like it if they had missions in San Andreas or Vice City in the 2nd DLC.

As for the character, i was hoping that they continue the Niko storyline a bit more

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

I wonder if this is where his safehouse is. Its a pretty detaild building, different from the others, and it has Dominican flags hanging all over the building as well as one painted on the wall, and a big mural painted with some dude on it.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

=Å= Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:10 AM Edited by Big_Mitch_Baker, 08 February 2009 - 06:13 AM.

Bah Wenis, just a map no pic? Gonna make me work to check it out sad.gif

And you're all wrong about Luis, the next Protaganist is the Jewish Jeweler, the next DLC ends when ya get shot gawkin' at a diamond...

tounge.gif

Luis is without a doubt the next protagonist...R* haven't make a latino player yet so it's about time.
But he better be real hardcore, 'cause he looks weak...and he works as a doorman at a gay dudes club (Doesn't sound like loads of GTA fun)

williamk76
  • williamk76

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Big_Mitch_Baker @ Feb 8 2009, 06:10)
...and he works as a doorman at a gay dudes club (Doesn't sound like loads of GTA fun)

Hopefully there'll be some missions (maybe side missions?) on Luis being a doorman. It would be interesting to add as side missions - it could be something along the lines of 'protecting your club from unwanted guests'.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:34 AM Edited by zeppelincheetah, 08 February 2009 - 08:50 AM.

so... Luis is Gay Tony's bodyguard and Niko kills Gay Tony in a mission... Luis isn't a very good bodyguard. I wonder what he was doing when Gay Tony met Niko at the 69 Diner. That's going to definitely play into Luis's story. The Ancelloti's will probably want Luis dead.

I wonder how Luis' story starts. Niko gets off the boat and meets his cousin and Johnny becomes sitting president of The Lost (until Billy gets out of prison). Maybe he starts off in prison, doing time for grand theft auto and assault and your first mission is to break out of prison. I've always wanted a GTA to start like that. GTA III was the closest we've come to that, where Claude escapes from the prison convoy.

One thing that puzzles me is why he is standing in line at a bank in Three Leaf Clover. I doubt he was there to deposit money in his account. I think that after Niko and the gang leave the bank Luis goes into the safe to retrieve the rest of the money. (Remember? Niko couldn't get it all) Maybe he knew they were going to rob the bank and was waiting there for them. That sounds a little too far-fetched though. Maybe he was going to rob the bank himself but was interrupted by Niko & co who were themselves robbing the bank.

On the other hand, maybe Three Leaf Clover is DLC 2's opening cutscene. Maybe Luis is there standing in line just like any other customer and he can't resist the urge to steal the money from the already opened safe. So he steals it and slips away undetected because all of the cops were focused on Niko and the McReary brothers. First mission.

Rick234
  • Rick234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Feb 8 2009, 08:34)
so... Luis is Gay Tony's bodyguard and Niko kills Gay Tony in a mission...  Luis isn't a very good bodyguard.  I wonder what he was doing when Gay Tony met Niko at the 69 Diner.  That's going to definitely play into Luis's story.  The Ancelloti's will probably want Luis dead.

You're thinking of Tom Rivas, that guy Brucie gets you to meet online.
Gay Tony is the guy in 'Diamonds are a girls best friend' that wants Gracie back and Niko doesn't kill him then, when the mission starts Gracie, Tony and Luis are gone...

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

and he works as a doorman at a gay dudes club (Doesn't sound like loads of GTA fun)

You should check out his profile on the LCPD database. Apparently he's involved in an underground fight club. STREET FIGHTER!!!! ROUND 1! FIGHT! *cue Guile's stage background music*

A possible perspective view for Luis Fernando Lopez in Three Leaf Clover can go down like this:

1. Luis Fernando Lopez drives his vehicle to the Bank Of Liberty because he was either supposed to:

- Pick up some money for someone

- Rob the bank but his plans got foiled

2. Once Niko Bellic, Patrick McReary and Derrick McReary leave the bank, Luis Fernando Lopez picks up the Michael Keane's carbine rifle and goes downstairs to pick up the rest of the money.

3. When he gets the rest of the left over money, there will probably be some back door that he'll take or he'll go back upstairs fight his way through N.O.O.S.E. and the LCPD.

4. Once he's on the streets, he'll steal a vehicle or take the vehicle he used to drive to the Bank Of Liberty and try to escape his wanted level.

5. Mission complete? Reward: A lot of money?

Hjalti
  • Hjalti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:57 PM

As I posted before, I think it's plausible that Luis is the one to kill Bulgarin after the mission "Diamonds are the/a girls best friends".

Maybe he or Johnny is the one to kill the guys from the Platybus - would be a cool thing.

And, hell yeah, a dominican! I always liked Cesar in San Andreas, even if he isn't dominican [right?].

But, as mentioned before, he better is a bad-ass-motherfu**er, because I don´t really like the way he looks or speaks

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:59 PM Edited by grope_4_that_date, 08 February 2009 - 07:07 PM.

I can't wait to play "Museum Piece" in Luis' viewpoint, cause to complete the mission, you'll have to shoot that jewish guy, just like it happened in Niko's story.

The interesting thing is that the second DLC HAS to be Luis, because in the back of the actual Museum, there is way you can get to the same window Luis is seen shooting from (in the Niko's story.) So I'm guessing, they planned it in advance: you will, eventually, have to use that window for a reason.

Also, Luis was born in Liberty City. On the GameTrailersTV interview, Jeronimo Barrera (Vice President of Product Development at Rockstar Games) said that we were playing as Johnny, who is familiar with the city, much in the same way the players are familiar with it. In the second DLC, we play as Luis, born in Liberty and familiar with the city. It's not a big clue, but its something.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Feb 8 2009, 13:59)
I can't wait to play "Museum Piece" in Luis' viewpoint, cause to complete the mission, you'll have to shoot that jewish guy, just like it happened in Niko's story.

The interesting thing is that the second DLC HAS to be Luis, because in the back of the actual Museum, there is way you can get to the same window Luis is seen shooting from (in the Niko's story.) So I'm guessing, they planned it in advance: you will, eventually, have to use that window for a reason.

Also, Luis was born in Liberty City. On the GameTrailersTV interview, Jeronimo Barrera (Vice President of Product Development at Rockstar Games) said that we were playing as Johnny, who is familiar with the city, much in the same way the players are familiar with it. In the second DLC, we play as Luis, born in Liberty and familiar with the city. It's not a big clue, but its something.

You know it's pretty damn well possible Luis will have nothing to do with the second episode and they are doing this all just to throw us off. As far as I am concerned with how R* is that its possible we will start the second episode ending up with Tommy as the protagonist, thats how unpredictable it is tounge.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Rick234 @ Feb 8 2009, 11:35)
so... Luis is Gay Tony's bodyguard and Niko kills Gay Tony in a mission...  Luis isn't a very good bodyguard.  I wonder what he was doing when Gay Tony met Niko at the 69 Diner.  That's going to definitely play into Luis's story.  The Ancelloti's will probably want Luis dead.

Gay Tony is the guy in 'Diamonds are a girls best friend' that wants Gracie back and Niko doesn't kill him then, when the mission starts Gracie, Tony and Luis are gone...

I thought he was just known as French Tom? i didn't know he was Lyle Rivas related.

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Feb 8 2009, 19:29)

I thought he was just known as French Tom? i didn't know he was Lyle Rivas related.

French Tom was his screen name on Love-Meet. His name was Tom Rivas. Lyle Rivas is the guy Brucie sends you to kill.

So,

Lyle Rivas- A guy who owed brucie money

Tom Rivas- a homosexual who is in hiding because he owes money to brucie

Gay tony- an ancelloti mob affiliate

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Feb 8 2009, 20:59)
I can't wait to play "Museum Piece" in Luis' viewpoint, cause to complete the mission, you'll have to shoot that jewish guy

Whoa, talk about anti-semitism.

Reported.

Hjalti
  • Hjalti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

You guys think it's possible that Johnny or Luis rob the diamonds from the Platypus? I'm not sure, who had them first, but I think it was the cooks that made the diamond pie, and than the bikers, which means Johnny?

Just a thougt..

Rucke
  • Rucke

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Hjalti @ Feb 9 2009, 13:42)
You guys think it's possible that Johnny or Luis rob the diamonds from the Platypus? I'm not sure, who had them first, but I think it was the cooks that made the diamond pie, and than the bikers, which means Johnny?

Just a thougt..

Maybe. I'm sure that the diamonds will play a big part in both DLC I and II.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (Irviding @ Feb 9 2009, 04:43)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Feb 8 2009, 19:29)

French Tom was his screen name on Love-Meet. His name was Tom Rivas. Lyle Rivas is the guy Brucie sends you to kill.

So,

Lyle Rivas- A guy who owed brucie money

Tom Rivas- a homosexual who is in hiding because he owes money to brucie

Gay tony- an ancelloti mob affiliate

Yea i just replayed that mission today before i read this reply. smile.gif

Lostbiker835
  • Lostbiker835

Lost FOREVER!!!

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

Luis seems like a good character but he does'ent look as intimadateing as Niko or Johnny. That being said, when you got these three guys causing this much havok in the same city, should'ent there paths have crossed more than once or twice.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

=Å= Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:08 AM Edited by Big_Mitch_Baker, 10 February 2009 - 05:14 AM.

QUOTE (nlitement @ Feb 9 2009, 06:14)
Whoa, talk about anti-semitism.

Reported.

lmao, ya gotta be joking...If the diamond jeweler was a Christian or Islamic, and he had said "I can't wait to shoot that Catholic/Muslim", it would be alright... but because the victim is Jewish it's suddenly Anti-semetic....

He's not looking forward to killing a Jew, he just wants to shoot that guy who happens to be Jewish...You PC thugs need to relax a 'lil, we beat the Nazis years ago (and now they work for the CIA lol)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Lostbiker835 @ Feb 10 2009, 04:59)
Luis seems like a good character but he does'ent look as intimadateing as Niko or Johnny. That being said, when you got these three guys causing this much havok in the same city, should'ent there paths have crossed more than once or twice.

Niko and Johnny:

First time their stories cross is when you kill Jason for Mikhail Faustin.

First meet during one of Elizebeta's missions, where you, Johnny and Playboy X go to sell some drugs but it's a LCPD set up.

Second "meeting", and the following is purely guesswork, in the TLAD trailer where you see Johnny saying something to the effect of "I'm not in the kidnapping business, man", which seems to coincide with the fact that Lost M.C. bikers were allegedly the ones who kidnapped Roman, thus causing Niko to come to the rescue

Third meeting, is of course the Museum Piece mission.

Niko and Luis:

You see Luis during Three Leaf Clover (laying on the floor), Museum Piece (robbing the diamonds), and Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend (assisting Gay Tony), and maybe more?

There paths intertwine a few times throughout Niko's story, and who knows, maybe Luis will play a bigger role in TLAD, thus setting him up for DLC2?

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:16 AM Edited by Mafioso86, 10 February 2009 - 12:36 PM.

QUOTE (Wenis IV @ Feb 8 2009, 00:56)
I wonder if this is where his safehouse is. Its a pretty detaild building, different from the others, and it has Dominican flags hanging all over the building as well as one painted on the wall, and a big mural painted with some dude on it.

ehh... yeah except there's one BIG problem there... those aren't Dominican flags... they're Portuguese... sigh.gif

Dominican Republic
user posted image

Portugal
user posted image

Also, those Portuguese flags are in Leftwood in Alderney, while Luis is supposed to be from Northwood in Algonquin. Additionally Washington Heights, Inwood, and Fort George (the real life Manhattan equivalents of Northwood) are known for large Dominican populations; while parts of the Newark area are known for large Portuguese American population (probably what that part of Leftwood is based on... but I'm not as familiar with Jersey as I am with NY). So I don't think it'll have very much to do with Luis.

The most logical guess I could make for Luis' safehouse would be the projects in Northwood where Teddy Benavidez and Alonso Gomez lived (GTAIV Mission: A Long Way to Fall) as the LCPD database says all of them are involved in the group known as the Northwood Dominican Dealers.

As far as him working for Gay Tony goes... I kinda expect it to be a smaller part than a lot of you are making it out to be. I think his story will focus more on his family and crew from Northwood. The projects are the one side of Liberty City we have really have yet to see. I'm sure there will be stuff with Tony Prince... just as Niko did a lot of stuff for Packie and Jacob that didn't really directly link to his main story, but I doubt that his relation with the Ancellotis will be any more central than Niko's relation to the Pegorinos was.

rota
  • rota

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

arnt they cuban flags?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

The Lost steal the diamonds off gay Tony. Johnny Spaz says so during "Taking In The Trash". The Ancelottis tho, are on to the garbage pick-up. More evidence pointing to Ray Boccino being in with the Ancelottis.

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:03 AM Edited by Mafioso86, 10 February 2009 - 12:35 PM.

QUOTE (rota @ Feb 10 2009, 08:14)
arnt they cuban flags?

I think you're thinking of the Puerto Rican flags you see in East Holland...

Puerto Rico
user posted image

Cuba
user posted image

rota
  • rota

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (Mafioso86 @ Feb 10 2009, 09:03)
QUOTE (rota @ Feb 10 2009, 08:14)
arnt they cuban flags?

I think you're thinking of the Puerto Rican flags you see in East Holland...

Puerto Rico
user posted image

Cuba
user posted image

oh ok thanks for clearing that up man

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:52 AM

More evidence pointing towards Luis is that Niko is based in Broker/Dukes (At least in the start of the game), Johnny is in Alderney and Luis is in Algonquin.

My guess is that Johnny's missions will start roughly around the time of 'Blow Your Cover' (Because it was one of the first missions shown to journalists), and a little after 'Museum Piece' (Because Johnny is wanted for leaving with the cash).

Luis' missions will start around 'Three Leaf Clover', and end around 'Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend'. You will kill Bulgarin after his men take the diamonds, because this is the only opportunity to end that story thread (Apart from the next game).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users