Photo

Firretruck Missions on Shoreside

17 replies to this topic
Disco Elephant
  • Disco Elephant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:28 AM

What's the best place to start the firetruck missions on Shoreside Vale? I've tried many times, but it doesn't give me enough time to complete more than a few fires.

Any tips of clues for this mission? It's driving me nuts.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

I don’t know if the fires will stay specific to the immediate surrounding area but have you tried using the truck located at the entrance of the airport? As you come into the main entrance you'll see the car-park gate, do a U turn and on your right will be the a couple of fire trucks. As I say I'm not sure if by starting its missions here will stay there but it's worth a try. The only other alternative is to drive around Shoreside a lot so you know it like the back of your hand.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Disco Elephant @ Feb 7 2009, 06:28)
What's the best place to start the firetruck missions on Shoreside Vale? I've tried many times, but it doesn't give me enough time to complete more than a few fires.

You don't need to do 20 fires in a row. So just extinguish the fires around Pike Creek and the airport then if there's one in the further areas like Wichita Gardens, then cancel the mission and start again, until you get the good area.

Disco Elephant
  • Disco Elephant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 7 2009, 22:04)
QUOTE (Disco Elephant @ Feb 7 2009, 06:28)

You don't need to do 20 fires in a row. So just extinguish the fires around Pike Creek and the airport then if there's one in the further areas like Wichita Gardens, then cancel the mission and start again, until you get the good area.

SERIOUSLY? You don't have to do them in one go? Is this the same for the Vigilante Missions? Here's me busting my nut and taking the truck over unique jump short cuts, trying to get them all in one go. I've even gotten to 19 twice then rolled the truck. That makes things a lot easier.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

I think it's easier to do these missions in Staunton, more flat and Shorside Vale has that small island attached too which is annoying.

Disco Elephant
  • Disco Elephant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (lloydo @ Feb 7 2009, 23:25)
I think it's easier to do these missions in Staunton, more flat and Shorside Vale has that small island attached too which is annoying.

In GTA III, you have to put out 20 fires on all three islands.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Yes, you can do them whenever you want, don't need to be 20 in row, same with vigilante. If it would have been like that then it would have been a nightmare.

DT-boy
  • DT-boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

If you are using the PC version then you can press the F1 button two times (for replay) and the fires are extinguished (because of a replay bug).
You can use that tactic a lot of times to get a lot of money, it's not a cheat!

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:47 PM

it is an exploit though which is good as cheating.

Disco Elephant
  • Disco Elephant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:21 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 8 2009, 00:04)
Yes, you can do them whenever you want, don't need to be 20 in row, same with vigilante. If it would have been like that then it would have been a nightmare.

Well, I didn't really have a problem doing 20 in a row on the other islands. I did about 50 vigilante missions in one go looking for an ice cream truck on Portland. There are 2 tricks with those missions that make them so much easier. One is to pause the game when you get near the target vehicle, which forces the drive to alight the vehicle, the you just drive by him. The second is to make sure you garage has an empty slot, and when you get too much damage on the cop car, park it in your garage to repair it. With these to tricks, you could easily do an infinite number of vigilante missions.

Anyway, thanx for the tip. Saved me a lot of time. smile.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:51 AM

The trouble with the firefighter and vigilante mission in Shoreside Vale is that there are lots of places which are close to each other in a straight line on the map but that are a long way away by road (even where you can take short cuts or go off-road). So it takes you too long to get to some of the target areas, more time than the game allows you.

Not having to do them all in a row is certainly a big benefit. Just do the ones you can get to. If it's too far away or in an awkward place just cancel the mission and then start it again. You'll get another target vehicle and with any luck, that one will be easier to get to.

Keep track of how many you've done. Especially with the firefighter. It doesn't tell you when you've done 20 on each island so you could easily do 21 on one island and 19 on another so that your total makes you think you've done 20 on each island when you haven't really.

Steve

Disco Elephant
  • Disco Elephant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 8 2009, 13:51)
The trouble with the firefighter and vigilante mission in Shoreside Vale is that there are lots of places which are close to each other in a straight line on the map but that are a long way away by road (even where you can take short cuts or go off-road). So it takes you too long to get to some of the target areas, more time than the game allows you.

Not having to do them all in a row is certainly a big benefit. Just do the ones you can get to. If it's too far away or in an awkward place just cancel the mission and then start it again. You'll get another target vehicle and with any luck, that one will be easier to get to.

Keep track of how many you've done. Especially with the firefighter. It doesn't tell you when you've done 20 on each island so you could easily do 21 on one island and 19 on another so that your total makes you think you've done 20 on each island when you haven't really.

Steve

Uh huh. I know the island like the back of my hand, which is what was pissing me off. It's not like I wasn't taking every shortcut I know of.

I did this island last, so when I got to 20, it gave me a message saying the flame thrower had been delivered.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Disco Elephant @ Feb 8 2009, 05:51)
I did this island last, so when I got to 20, it gave me a message saying the flame thrower had been delivered.

Then you don't have to worry about firefighter missions anymore.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Disco Elephant @ Feb 8 2009, 05:51)
Uh huh. I know the island like the back of my hand, which is what was pissing me off. It's not like I wasn't taking every shortcut I know of.

It's not just a matter of knowing the way, it's being able to get there quickly enough. Like getting from the top of the dam to the bottom. Or even worse, getting from the bottom to the top. It's not far in a straight line but it's a long way to drive. Not easy in under a minute which is all it gives you sometimes.

Steve

DiscoverProject
  • DiscoverProject

Exploring San Andreas Since 2004

• Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:28 PM

shoreside vale pisses me off.

gta player06
  • gta player06

Respect is everything

• Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (DiscoverProject @ May 14 2009, 13:28)
shoreside vale pisses me off.

Too true biggrin.gif
Anyways, Shoreside Vale is, in my opinion, the worst island for doing side missions because it is very hard to get form one place to other if those two places are separated by water.
However, since you are required to do those missions here Pike Creek and Francis International airport are the best spots to start doing firetruck or vigilante missions in SSV. Once the burning vehicles/ criminals start spawning far away from you, you can always cancel the mission and then restart it. Often they will be respawned closer to you.

MePlayingGTA
  • MePlayingGTA

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

It's really good if you don't have to do them in a row.. I mean, to put out fires.. Because in Shoreside vale it's insanely difficult. But for 20th time there's no reward?

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Teme84 @ Jun 14 2009, 20:49)
It's really good if you don't have to do them in a row.. I mean, to put out fires.. Because in Shoreside vale it's insanely difficult. But for 20th time there's no reward?

When you've put out 20 fires on each island you get the flame-thrower included with the weapons that appear at your safe houses biggrin.gif

Steve

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users