» «
Photo

Now that pigeons are extinct: Seagulls

32 replies to this topic
GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:34 AM Edited by GuruAskew, 06 February 2009 - 02:03 AM.

Check out Gamestop's preorder listing for the Bradygames guide:

* Missions: Maps and strategy for all missions plus complete coverage of the new Odd jobs, Bike Thefts, Gang Wars, Random Characters and other activities required to achieve 100% completion
    * Maps: Score health, armor and weapons no matter where you are. Our maps show you where to find them in every mission. Pick-ups, collectibles, places of interest…everything you need!
    * Secrets: our detailed collection of maps and descriptions reveal precise locations for all Sea Gulls hidden around Liberty City.
    * Vehicle Showroom: Details on every ride in Liberty City
    * Multi-player: complete coverage of the new modes of multiplayer

Edit: since it was doubted below: SOURCE

something_else
  • something_else

C M Y K

• The Connection

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:45 AM

They might have just got seagulls and pigeons mixed up. It wouldn't be the biggest mistake in the history of their guides.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:48 AM

But why would the "Lost and Damned" guide have a map detailing pigeon locations from "Grand Theft Auto IV"? Why would that be a selling point for a guide for the new game?

At $12.99 ($3 less than the "GTAIV" guide) they're clearly not releasing an all-encompassing guide covering both games. This is a guide for "The Lost and Damned".

Christ, paranoid much?

I mean, every GTA game has had some form of hidden packages, at least as far back as "GTAIII" (I only played the previous games a little). Why would it NOT have some kind of hidden package?

something_else
  • something_else

C M Y K

• The Connection

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:54 AM

Paranoid? I don't quite get why I'd be paranoid... about seagulls? I dunno... Anyway, even putting info in the wrong guide wouldn't be the biggest mistake they'd made, but fair point. I wouldn't have thought Rockstar would make the same mistake again, seeing as a lot of people hated the pigeons, but who knows.

i like coffee enemas
  • i like coffee enemas

The Cap'n! Shooting From The Hip Since '08

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:56 AM Edited by leelee862, 06 February 2009 - 01:59 AM.

Hmm, I don't think the that we should rule out the possibility that we could have 200 Seagulls to take out next. Afterall, they are as big a menace as Pigeon's are. I'd much rather prefer something less pointlessly time consuming but, hey ho. Only thing that concerns me is the reliability of this so called 'leak'. Remember the last 'leak' we had? Gang wars, bike thefts, etc etc... Seem a little too convenient seeing as TLAD is about two rival biker gangs. Not to mention that bike thefts and gang wars WILL take place during missions anyway. Anybody could've thought this up really. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:59 AM Edited by GuruAskew, 06 February 2009 - 02:01 AM.

I never got the pigeon-hate. Granted, it all stemmed from the typical "omg 99 pigoens!" nonsense that I avoided by meticulously going through the guide and keeping count but it's a tradition in the game and I don't see them dropping it because a bunch of people don't realize it when they kill pigeon #51 and their count only shows 50.

If it's not a pigeon or a seagull it's gonna be a horseshoe or a tiki statue or a brown paper package.

Sure, it's not exactly fun, there's a certain degree of tediousness with all the hidden package collecting but if you don't want to put up with it you don't have to. Those of us who do want to get 100% will spend the hours methodically terminating them.

God forbid 100% require a little effort.

But yeah, let the "guess the bird in DLC #2" speculation begin.

My money is on the majestic emu.

Hmm, I don't think the that we should rule out the possibility that we could have 200 Seagulls to take out next. Afterall, they are as big a menace as Pigeon's are. I'd much rather prefer something less pointlessly time consuming but, hey ho. Only thing that concerns me is the reliability of this so called 'leak'. Remember the last 'leak' we had? Gang wars, bike thefts, etc etc... Seem a little too convenient seeing as TLAD is about two rival biker gangs. Not to mention that bike thefts and gang wars WILL take place during missions anyway. Anybody could've thought this up really. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

It does come from Gamestop's listing for the guide. If I just posted this sh*t and tried to pass it off as something from some mysterious leak like that one douchebag I wouldn't expect anyone to believe it but I think it's pretty credible all things considered.

Of course, people will start saying that the Gamestop website isn't accurate but I'm confident that this will all be confirmed in a week when the guide is released.

By the way, the Gamestop link is right here.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:59 AM

Haha nice. I wonder how much Seagulls will be there in the game. Thanks for the info man.

"AND I RAAANNNNN, I RAN SO FAR AWAY"

something_else
  • something_else

C M Y K

• The Connection

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:09 AM

Guru, I don't quite know how you got from my posts that I don't think there will be any hidden packages or even that I was saying you were wrong. All I did was give my opinion and say they might have made a mistake.

I've liked the hidden packages in all the GTA games so I have no problem with seagulls or whatever being in TL&D, or with having to put a bit of effort in for 100%.

Flamingos are my guess for the second DLC.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Feb 6 2009, 12:29)
Haha nice. I wonder how much Seagulls will be there in the game.

A flock perhaps? tounge.gif

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:26 AM Edited by GuruAskew, 06 February 2009 - 02:29 AM.

I just can't even begin to comprehend the psychology behind the urge to go "OMG FAKE!" when somebody posts something like this.

Again, I'm utterly confident that this will turn out to be legit in a week when the guide is released. I don't think somebody conspired to have a fake description posted on Gamestop's website and I don't think Bradygames (you can tell it's their official writeup the way it's worded) managed to completely botch one of the 5 major bullet points in their description.

Also, unlike pigeons and seagulls flamingos don't really work in an NYC-style climate. My real/serious guess would be crows (not emus).

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:28 AM

I should get that guide icon14.gif

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Feb 5 2009, 20:59)
I never got the pigeon-hate. Granted, it all stemmed from the typical "omg 99 pigoens!" nonsense that I avoided by meticulously going through the guide and keeping count but it's a tradition in the game and I don't see them dropping it because a bunch of people don't realize it when they kill pigeon #51 and their count only shows 50.

If it's not a pigeon or a seagull it's gonna be a horseshoe or a tiki statue or a brown paper package.

Sure, it's not exactly fun, there's a certain degree of tediousness with all the hidden package collecting but if you don't want to put up with it you don't have to. Those of us who do want to get 100% will spend the hours methodically terminating them.

God forbid 100% require a little effort.

The problem with the pigeons wasn't finding them. That was the least of the problems. The big problem was that every time you shot one, you get 1-2 stars. Because of that, I averaged less than 1 pigeon for every 5 minutes

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:14 AM

Just my hunch, but maybe seagulls are concentrated near the water, so there won't be any in the middle of the islands. In other words there's probably a lot less than 200. Maybe 100. Maybe 66 if they want to joke about this being 1/3 as long as the original game (though 66 should be rounded up to 69 since nobody gets tired of 69).

Maybe the seagulls fly? Maybe they eat fish? Maybe they just stand still again? Feb. 17 where are you?

Paudge
  • Paudge

...Return of the Paudge...

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:35 AM

Do you think anyone from the main game will return as a random character?

(Not including Niko's appearances in the missions)

~Nico~
  • ~Nico~

Above the Law

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE (Paudge @ Feb 5 2009, 19:35)
Do you think anyone from the main game will return as a random character?

(Not including Niko's appearances in the missions)

You should be more specific, there is alot of people from Niko's story that will be apart of Johnny's as well. It' is like one big f*cking circle of a story.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:50 AM

I think that the next kind of hidden packages should be ants.

And perhaps to be a bit more realistic, instead of looking for the ants as hidden packages there would be 500 or so, randomly put out at the span of how much you walk.
Started out as a big joke, but now that i think of it, i think it could work. I doubt it'll happen though.
Also, i can't see why everyone is so irritated by the pidgeons. They are made up exactly like the previous hidden packages, exept that they are glowing, and they make a sound.

Is it that LC in GTA IV is built up another way and looks nothing like the cities from the past GTA's?

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

why didn't they show these seagulls when they revealed the achievements?

fatlittlenick
  • fatlittlenick

Niko-las

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:23 AM

Does anyone remember seeing that flying seagull in the 1st official gta IV trailer when we see the old liberty ferry terminal?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• The Yardies

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ Feb 6 2009, 01:59)
Haha nice. I wonder how much Seagulls will be there in the game. Thanks for the info man.

Haha, maybe they`re flying and you have to take pictures of them like the fairies in DK64.

"IF I HAD A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOOO, OR SOMETHING TO REMIND MEEEE"

My guess for DLC2 would be flies SWAT!, 999,999 flying flies left in Liberty City SWAT!, 999,998 fl......

Gang wars looks good tho, hopefully it`ll carry on after story complete

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Feb 6 2009, 02:51)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ Feb 6 2009, 01:59)

Haha, maybe they`re flying and you have to take pictures of them like the fairies in DK64.

"IF I HAD A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOOO, OR SOMETHING TO REMIND MEEEE"

My guess for DLC2 would be flies SWAT!, 999,999 flying flies left in Liberty City SWAT!, 999,998 fl......

Gang wars looks good tho, hopefully it`ll carry on after story complete

HAHA YES! I remember those fairies in DK64. Good times.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

Hm. Seagulls make sense. IIRC there was a stat for how many seagulls you have shot in previous games. I'm guessing that instead of a glow, they'll be surrounded by a half-ton of sh*t and people running away screaming and covering their heads.

I do miss the 99 Red Balloons... That was the best and most creative hidden package form ever.

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:11 AM

There should be gold rings or coins to collect. In memory of mario and sonic. Or glowing pills, in memory of pacman. Without whom, GTA wouldnt be possible.

something_else
  • something_else

C M Y K

• The Connection

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (GuruAskew @ Feb 6 2009, 02:26)
I just can't even begin to comprehend the psychology behind the urge to go "OMG FAKE!" when somebody posts something like this.

Again, I'm utterly confident that this will turn out to be legit in a week when the guide is released. I don't think somebody conspired to have a fake description posted on Gamestop's website and I don't think Bradygames (you can tell it's their official writeup the way it's worded) managed to completely botch one of the 5 major bullet points in their description.

Also, unlike pigeons and seagulls flamingos don't really work in an NYC-style climate. My real/serious guess would be crows (not emus).

How the hell do you get so much bullsh*t from my posts? I suggested a mistake, I didn't say you were feeding us a line. I also didn't say anything about anybody conspiring to provide a fake description. And to quote yourself, I just can't even begin to comprehend the psychology behind the urge to misinterpret everything somebody writes.

[sarcasm]

I was serious about the flamingos.

[/sarcasm]

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:41 PM

why didn't they show these seagulls when they revealed the achievements?

Probably because you can only have a finite amount of achievements.

Most games have a 1250gs limit. Every game but "Halo 3", to be exact. The new 250gs for "The Lost and Damned" brings "GTAIV" right up to that amount. I imagine they'll persuade Microsoft to give them anotehr 250gs for DLC2 but the fact that "Halo 3" is the only game to exceed 1250gs certainly suggests that it's not something that they allow everyone to do.

Considering the fact that they only had 250gs to spare it seems that a lot of the things required for 100% simply don't have achievements associated with them.

If you notice, there isn't even an achievement for hitting 100%. They obviously don't have the luxury of giving a bunch of different objectives an achievement.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

Bump for the genius who thought he discovered this and didn't do a search.

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

does the baby want his internet credibility?

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

Maybe you can eat 200 steaks instead of killing 200 seagulls.

STEAK FTW!!!

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

What's internet credibility?

I don't think I did anything great but posting this information. It was there for anyone to find, I just happened to post it first. I didn't have anything to do with the making of the game or the writing of the guide, I just stumbled across the info. I never asked for any huge prize for finding it.

That said, it's annoying when someone is like "DERP! I CNT UZE DA SURCH AN I FOWND SUMFIN NO1 ALSE FOWND!"

buffalosoulj4h20
  • buffalosoulj4h20

Teabaggin' the Teabaggers

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

he just added details and a link, he wasn't being arrogant about it, but you want to call him an idiot. why be a big baby about it? lol.

GuruAskew
  • GuruAskew

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:46 AM Edited by GuruAskew, 10 February 2009 - 04:36 PM.

LOL!

Edit: I'd just like to say that I got a warning from a mod for writing this. I don't think he realized that I was making fun of the guy before me for using "lol" which is the lamest thing in the history of the world. The mod said I should try to add more to my posts so here I am.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users