» «
Photo

Your slot is corrupted

4 replies to this topic
sirLYZ
  • sirLYZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:41 PM Edited by sirLYZ, 05 February 2009 - 11:56 PM.

After successfully saving the game, I shut down the computer. The next time I opened GTA 3, and pressed load game, my 2nd slot was corrupted. Instead of displaying the mission name, it now displays this message: "This slot is corrupted".

Does anyone know how I can load my game again without restarting?

Ok so now there's another problem, I CAN'T MOVE IN THE GAME. I tried to play slot 1, The Fuzz Ball, but my character won't move. Tried to start a new game too, same problem

So now i guess i should just re-install, but before I do does anyone know how to fix this?

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:43 AM

Reinstalling would be a good idea. Haven't found a whole lot on this problem around Google, but maybe searching around the forums can help you.

Here are a couple of topics found in that search that may fix the problem or at least point you in the right direction:

Click

Click

Hope you find an answer. confused.gif

Cronyne
  • Cronyne

^ That's a squirrel, not a cat. >_>

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:19 AM

As far as I know, a corrupted file is nearly, if not completely unfixable.

sirLYZ
  • sirLYZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:48 PM

Ok well thanks, I reinstalled and deleted the .set file in my GTA3 User Files. That fixed the moving problem.

However I still can't fix the corrupt file problem.

It'll be really nice to have that file back, cuz it'll take me about a week to get to where i was before.

And also to anyone out there, NEVER FLICK THE POWER SWITCH WHEN IN GAME, I DID THAT CUZ I RAN OUT OF TIME AND WAS IN EMERGENCY AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT ME!

dwood
  • dwood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (sirLYZ @ Feb 6 2009, 23:48)
Ok well thanks, I reinstalled and deleted the .set file in my GTA3 User Files. That fixed the moving problem.

However I still can't fix the corrupt file problem.

It'll be really nice to have that file back, cuz it'll take me about a week to get to where i was before.

And also to anyone out there, NEVER FLICK THE POWER SWITCH WHEN IN GAME, I DID THAT CUZ I RAN OUT OF TIME AND WAS IN EMERGENCY AND LOOK WHERE THAT GOT ME!

Theres your problem if you dont shut down your computer you can literally wreck it, i know someone who was trying to play a game on his computer which was too good for his system specs and the game kept freezing up the computer so i kept flicking the power switch. Now the computer is knackered and wont even boot up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users