Photo

[Q]Converting IV Models to SA?

6 replies to this topic
Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:16 AM

How can I convert models to SA? I've heared of DX Ripper, I have 3ds max, just interested

illdan
  • illdan

Amazingly stupid

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:55 AM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 5 2009, 01:16)
How can I convert models to SA? I've heared of DX Ripper, I have 3ds max, just interested

watch this post: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=396107
this is what Fabio2006 said:

Hello there smile.gif

I've translated my italian tutorial to open .wdr files with 3DSM, but only for view files.. (wait for moderators approving)

anyway we must wait for a 3dsm script for import/export..

You heard about 3D Ripper DX biggrin.gif

http://www.deep-shad.../3DRipperDX.htm

Fors peds, you'll find in

\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages\componentpeds.img

open it with SparkIV and double click in .wdd files for the 3D textured preview smile.gif

usually, a single ped has:

m_x_name.wtd <-- textures (hands, face, clothes, etc)
m_x_name.wdd <-- 3D model (waiting for an editor/script for 3dsm)
m_x_name.wtf

m is for male. could be laso f if is female or ig_ if is a storyline character/secondary random ped smile.gif

x could be m, o or y but I don't know what these 3 ones means bored.gif

You'll find also 3d peds models (objects, hats and others) in pedprops.img (in \Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\models\cdimages\) smile.gif

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:58 AM

Doesn't explain how to do it, what about vehicles. People have been converting Niko and the Vehicles.

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

Dont they just use dx ripper to get the model (well, more or less whatever's loaded at the time you "capture") then import the "rip" file into max with the script that comes with dx ripper. The rest is probably just done with the 3ds max tools and whatever prep/export method for sa you would use for anything else

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

Now that you have your answer, converting SA models to IV is the problem we still have. Dammit so many goddamn cool cars for GTA SA, and I want them all in GTA IV. Goddammit I can't wait longer, some1 make a car converter for IV or I'll suicidal.gif

FunGt
  • FunGt

GTA-Modding.com

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:04 PM

My friend that converted some cars use 3D Ripper DX. He run GTAIV with it and he capture the scene. Then he import it in 3dsm and delete everything except the car. Then he begin to change everything to make it work in SA, and it takes a bit long.

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (FunGt @ Feb 5 2009, 17:04)
My friend that converted some cars use 3D Ripper DX. He run GTAIV with it and he capture the scene. Then he import it in 3dsm and delete everything except the car. Then he begin to change everything to make it work in SA, and it takes a bit long.

So basically it IS possible to rip peds outta the game with the DX Ripper thing tool?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users