• Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:52 AM

Well f*ck.

I guess I'll experience this game the same way my friend experiences GTA V

Spoiler

Why would you do such a thing? I mean i've done the same, but usually on games i will never end up wanting to play.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Retribution

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:09 AM

No PS3, No Xbox 360, No Xbox One.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

You can buy a used 360 for like 50 dollars, and Red dead is only like 10 right now.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Retribution

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:14 AM Edited by Gummy , 08 July 2016 - 06:14 AM.

You can buy a used 360 for like 50 dollars, and Red dead is only like 10 right now.

empty-wallet-600x384.png

Around here, 50? Nooo.. Converted to my currency=even worse.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:17 AM

empty-wallet-600x384.png

Around here, 50? Nooo.. Converted to my currency=even worse.

Don't know nothing about germany, but surely amazon ships there right?

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Retribution

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:27 AM

I'm not in Germany lol

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:26 AM

I'm not in Germany lol

weird, for some reason it said Germany when I hovered over the flag, either that or my brain is f*cked.

Canady117
  • Canady117

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

Can anyone confirm if what this guy is saying about RDR Multiplayer is true?

https://www.reddit.c...ayer_must_know/

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:47 AM Edited by Pepperjack, 09 July 2016 - 12:51 AM.

Earlier today I saw a npc kneeling as if he was shot, didn't fire didn't do anything, almost tomahawked him if not for the other guy who sniped him, a few minutes later the invisible glitch happened and we immediately switched to private, don't know if it was that NPC or on but if it was it doesn't follow you into private matches.

Also didn't try to hit him after he was dead, so it might've not been him

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:37 AM Edited by GTA_fear, 12 July 2016 - 01:20 PM.

I find it somewhat interesting that a lot of people complain about GTA IV being boring because the story missions are just "drive here, kill X" all the time and V being lame because you're the government's bitch and just go around doing their work, while RDR, at least to me, seems to be both of these things at the same time.

I'm playing through the game and have only reached Mexico, so I'm only talking about the first part of the story.

Now the beginning is great, it feels fresh and the dialogue, especially between John and Bonnie, is pure gold and often hilarious.

But as soon as you get to West Dickens, Seth and Irish, things start feeling like a chore and everything turns to the mission giver being an incompetent fool who keeps needing some sh*tty favor, while John keeps threatening them, saying how they're wasting his time, how he'll put a bullet in their head if they keep on annoying him, and then still proceeds to do sh*t for them for whatever sh*tty reason - over and over again. And the missions are for the most part: go there --> shootout --> oh, look, something went wrong again and he'll need another favor in the next mission. Therefore, it makes John look like their bitch and errand boy, the dialogue becomes a bit irritating, while the missions just feel like chores.

Not to mention that some things feel odd and that the story progresses a bit unnaturally. For example, in the second or third Marshal Johnson's mission, he and the deputies mention some merchant with miraculous potions disappearing, and Johnson even says, if I recall correctly, that this merchant is a liar and a cheater, and somehow Marston still decides to go pay him a visit, in the middle of nowhere, even though it has nothing to do with his pursuit of Williamson, and we're left with a "W" on our minimap?

I don't know, seems kind of weird having thoughts like these about RDR, a game that remained in my head as one of the best out there. Maybe I should give it some time or try playing through it again later and see how it feels, maybe it'll seem better. We'll see.
  • StangOne50 likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:47 AM

Play a game enough and you'll see things that way. It's a fair point about the storyline and gta iv/v

But the story is much deeper than that. You meet more people - interesting people unlike gta v - and are involved in revolutions and manhunts. I admit j want the next rdr to be centered around a badass outlaw who'll say f*ck you and shoot anyone not be their bitch. But I think the setting and presentation ain't with the character development of rdr suites such a story more than gta v.

And I personally had no problems with gta IV's length. To me it FELT like an epic saga
Gta v feels like one episode in a series

GTA_fear
  • GTA_fear

There's a tip jar, jackass!

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:18 PM Edited by GTA_fear, 23 July 2016 - 06:42 PM.

I agree that the characters are interesting. Definitely more interesting than V's, even though I don't even remember any of the story anymore.

And for me the protagonist does not have to be completely independent or something, it's okay if he does favors for somebody (or, as we've said multiple times, if he's their "bitch"), as long as it makes sense.

For example, I understand why John would work with Marshal Johnson and help him - because Marshal promises to help him back and deal with Williamson and his gang. It also makes sense why John would pay Marshal a visit in the first place, since Bonnie tells him to try talking to Marshal because he might be able to help him with that Williamson guy.

But some of the "transitions" from one mission giver to the next just do not seem completely right.
"Oh, hey, John, there's this random crazy, lying, cheating salesman gone missing."
- "Why, I'll go pay him a visit!"

"Oh, John, you know, I have a couple of friends who are just as unreliable as me, but who can help with your plans!"
- "If you and your friends don't stop lying to me and start helping soon, I'll kill all of you! But yeah, I'll go see what they need."

Okay, okay, I may be exaggerating, later things do make sense, since all of them can help John get into Fort Mercer, but why would he want to get involved with them in the first place, when he still does not know they can help him, and not look for help somewhere where it makes more sense? For me it just makes things seem forced and thus the missions, like I've already said, start feeling like chores.

I'll just keep playing and see how things work out.

/rant

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

Just to let things clear, John first meets West Dickens, then he goes with the Marshall and the deputies to Rigdewood Farm, not the other way around.

jrl51592
  • jrl51592

Hardly Ever Here Anymore

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2016 - 11:24 PM

I just recently replayed the game and I must admit that I didn't really like the Mexico missions. Am I the only one?
  • Awesom-0 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:08 AM

Can anyone confirm if what this guy is saying about RDR Multiplayer is true?

https://www.reddit.c...ayer_must_know/

I know on PS3, yes it is all true.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:50 PM

Just to let things clear, John first meets West Dickens, then he goes with the Marshall and the deputies to Rigdewood Farm, not the other way around.

I remember back before the GameSpy servers were taken down or whatever, and the RDR page on the Social Club worked, the missions were listed with pictures (like GTA V) in a set order. No matter what order you played the missions in, they would be displayed in a certain order.

I did a playthrough like that. I found an old list of the order the missions were listed in and played them in that order. Sadly they are the "wrong" order to play the missions. There's a couple times where characters will mention events or people that haven't occured or met yet, or say things as if they haven't happened yet. There is definitely a preferred order to play the missions to avoid these slight hiccups, but I've yet to find one yet.

• CreepShow likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:52 AM

I remember back before the GameSpy servers were taken down or whatever, and the RDR page on the Social Club worked, the missions were listed with pictures (like GTA V) in a set order. No matter what order you played the missions in, they would be displayed in a certain order.

I did a playthrough like that. I found an old list of the order the missions were listed in and played them in that order. Sadly they are the "wrong" order to play the missions. There's a couple times where characters will mention events or people that haven't occured or met yet, or say things as if they haven't happened yet. There is definitely a preferred order to play the missions to avoid these slight hiccups, but I've yet to find one yet.

Yup, thats the reason of my comment. I did the Ridgewood Farm mission where West Dickens is mentioned, John talks like he knows him, but I didnt meet him yet, it kinda disconnects you from the game, thats why I like to play missions in the right order.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

Trying to play missions "in order" seems tricky when you get to Mexico... considering you do things for the Mexican army and the Rebels at the same time.

One mission I was slaughtering rebels and then next I was massacring the army.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 July 2016 - 02:39 PM Edited by CreepShow, 23 July 2016 - 02:39 PM.

Trying to play missions "in order" seems tricky when you get to Mexico... considering you do things for the Mexican army and the Rebels at the same time.

One mission I was slaughtering rebels and then next I was massacring the army.

The order that makes sense for me is :

Mexican Army missions but not the last one, then Luisa's first mission, where you kill the first army soldiers, and then the last Mexican army mission (where you're betrayed for helping Luisa and killing soldiers) and then you get along with Reyes. Also Landon Rickets said that if John keeps jumping the fence from one side to the other, he'll get stuck in the middle.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

I feel like it makes more sense to go to Chuparosa first. That way when Landon Ricketts makes the snide remark about an american stepping into Mexico and killing three peasants, it makes a bit more sense.

• DOOM! likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:11 AM

I feel like it makes more sense to go to Chuparosa first. That way when Landon Ricketts makes the snide remark about an american stepping into Mexico and killing three peasants, it makes a bit more sense.

Yeah, Chuparrosa is your first step in Mexico

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

I just recently replayed the game and I must admit that I didn't really like the Mexico missions. Am I the only one?

TBH, I kinda feel the same way, It kinda dragged on and i prefered the New Austin and Blackwater mission arks.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

The lack of...well anything concrete including even a title is disturbing at this point. It wll be 7 years since RDR came out? Building up to about fever pitch I guess.

I am just desperate to know it's happening so I can get the Neo and get a 4K TV etc.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't pin your console buying plans in one game. Be smart

Rumours are that a rdred remaster is due, probably exclusive to Neo (rumours suggest fallout 4'a mods will be only available on Neo, too, which is why they're delaying them). I hope that's not the case/ I will not be buying the Neo
I also hope that it's not going to be a 'new' console, and that ps4 users will be stuck with subpar games.

Id like a ps4 remaster though but TBH I'm not buying the game again. Not at 50 odd quid

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

Retribution

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they do decide to only remaster it for the Pro and not the original PS4 then I can safely say that I'm cursed.

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

If they do decide to only remaster it for the Pro and not the original PS4 then I can safely say that I'm cursed.

No they'd never do that, there would be two versions. The same reason why GTA V was released on PS3 first....SALES. The people have to own the console for them to buy your game so RDR remake definitely wouldn't be confined to the NEO and I'd very much doubt the new RDR will be Neo only....if it ever arrives....

So no announcement until early 2017 and then maybe 2018? Oh boy wowee, that's along time. I am freakn 30.

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Playa

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by .Emmi, 2 weeks ago.

... so apparently people don't get it :) I enjoyed reading PS4 Pro exclusive ... do you know that there is only one version you can buy ... there is just a sticker on the cover indicating that the game has Pro enhanced features or sth like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users