Red Dead Redemption

9,639 replies to this topic
Mr.Scratch
  • Mr.Scratch

Uptown Punk

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The game runs and looks much worse on PS3 than 360. It's the same as with GTA IV.

TalkingPear
  • TalkingPear

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

I played this again yesterday and holy sh*t, PC's have spoiled me. Seriously, the jaggies, low FPS and terrible resolution made me want to cry. (it's especially bad on the PS3 version, which I own) It's still a great game though, I just wish there was a PC version. :p

Ur playing it wrong

Is there something wrong with valuing both gameplay and graphics? Please elaborate.

this game is an all time classic. graphics are a huge part of why i love games, and huge part of why i love redemption. graphical style cannot be overlooked. they did far beyond what i thought could be done on last gen, and it still holds up today. this game is a game better played slowly in my opinion, and the fps is a part of that. Are the paintings of the Chauvet Cave any less compelling because they were created 30,000 years ago? Knocking a game for the graphical capabilities of its time is a very dangerous road that gaming in general needs to address if these games are to truly stand up as works of art, something that red dead redemption surely is.

You need to play it slowly and low FPS is a part of that... Comparing an old painting to a game... Alright mate, what in the world are you on? Let's get one thing straight, Red Dead Redemption wasn't a graphical masterpiece even when it was just released. I did some googling a while back and found loads of complaints about the low and unstable FPS and the huge amount of jaggies. And when was I knocking the game? Did I ever say that the game was sh*te? No, I only said that all of those graphical problems could've been resolved if there was a PC version, that's it.

Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Mr. Fahrenheit

ON A CRUISE - Back on the 3rd of September (GMT+10)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

The game runs and looks much worse on PS3 than 360. It's the same as with GTA IV.

Really?

sh*t

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah. I had a 360 for some time before selling it and getting a PS3. RDR ran so much better on the 360. The graphical differences are very minor, but there are some areas in RDR on the PS3 where the framerate takes a hit. Especially during action-heavy missions, or when there are a lot of carriages around.

• CartmanKusanagi likes this

FutoLover
  • FutoLover

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah. I had a 360 for some time before selling it and getting a PS3. RDR ran so much better on the 360. The graphical differences are very minor, but there are some areas in RDR on the PS3 where the framerate takes a hit. Especially during action-heavy missions, or when there are a lot of carriages around.

I played on both. Never noticed any major differences. Other than fluidity

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's because they didn't understand the PS3 hardware when developing the game, especially with GTA IV since it uses a cell architecture.

J-B
  • J-B

One Man Crusader

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 3 weeks ago

The PS3 suffered from that for a little while with 3rd party devs.

They pretty much got past it after like 2011-12 though. 

FutoLover
  • FutoLover

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

YAY! red Dead sold 14 million. It deserves it and even more. R*s greatest game!
  • m3tal z_DKI and The Death Angel like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Street Mix, A week ago.

Only 14? I got an impression that 20-30.

Don't recall FPS drops on my PS3 playthrough.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by FiS!!HeR, 3 days ago.

Red Dead Redemption was the only game that came very close in giving me the wondrous feelings of 2004's San Andreas. Despite getting maturer in those 6 years, RDR was very successful in immersing me into it like no another game in that period.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users