Photo

Red Dead Redemption

9,108 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 3 weeks ago.

Red Dead Redemption is proabably the second best game I have ever played... Or maybe I am overreacting. But it was very good. 

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Last of Us is similar to Red Dead Redemption in many ways.

With the horse riding, the old rifles, the annoying shooting mechanic...

Maybe its just me.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

It has indeed similarities

I want to add the athmospheric soundtrack, which reminded of Red Dead Redemption.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

After completing my playthrough, Jack went on a robbing spree all over West Elizabeth. This landed him a very high bounty, as on his last stop, he found a deputy who came across a safe that was stolen from the bank of Armadillo, in my mind, for story purposes, I imagined it was stolen days before Jack went on his rampage. He kills the gang guarding it, approaches the deputy, and fires one shot into the deputy's torso, as he crawls and gasps for air, begging for help. 

All of a sudden, the backup arrive to kill Jack, but they fail, as Jack was well prepared for them, exiting the barn opposite of the bank wagon. Dead eye'd the last two as Jack walked out of the barn. He then cracked the safe, grabbed a horse, and rode off to Mexico. It started to rain and thunder as Jack crossed the train tracks. and something really aweaome happened. Jack spurred his horse, yelled out "HEEYAAAA" and thunder erupted from the sky. 

After killing countless marshals in various towns across West Elizabeth, Jack landed in Casa Magruda. He went to the bar, had three shots of the house's best, and walked outside, in the rain. Jack walked behind the building and bumped into a prostitute and her "owner", Mario. He was abusing her, and Jack had enough of it. Mario, the "owner" of the young woman, told the gringo that it's $200 American Dollars or nothing, and Jack JUST came into some money, so he did it. 

See? The game has cinematic value after a playthrough, people seem to really dread the death of John Marston but Jack is really interesting and more interactive than John. John was pigeon holed into being the good guy, so having low honor felt weird. In Jack's case, he's been through horrible things and is very confused, a little scared, and alone. Jack carries the name Marston and acts like an outlaw to the people he sees. Killing people and then exclaiming, "now do you think I'm a Marston?!" and "Jack MARSTON, remember it", he is trying to recreate his father's life. 

It's also nice that Jack mentions Ricketts frequently, because him using the Schofield given to John by Landon, now to Jack, is sad in a way. All the outlaws are dead and gone, and the only one with the capacity to do what they did, Jack, is in a race against modernism. Does he get drafted after 1914? Move out East? Who knows, but I'm having fun playing as Jack.

• Onett and maxpaynefan like this

<Yang3
  • <Yang3

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 3 weeks ago

http://www.gamefaqs....ox-one/69983794
http://www.kdramasta...-one-and-pc.htm

Is this for real??
http://www.gamefaqs....ox-one/69983794
http://www.kdramasta...-one-and-pc.htm

Is this for real??

Hit by Lightning
  • Hit by Lightning

ಠ_ಠ

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 2 weeks ago

^^ R* hasn't announced anything. Who knows? But surely it's a game that I'd buy again for PS4  :lol:

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 2 weeks ago

This is R* way to ''announce'' future games

rdr.png

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

After completing my playthrough, Jack went on a robbing spree all over West Elizabeth. This landed him a very high bounty, as on his last stop, he found a deputy who came across a safe that was stolen from the bank of Armadillo, in my mind, for story purposes, I imagined it was stolen days before Jack went on his rampage. He kills the gang guarding it, approaches the deputy, and fires one shot into the deputy's torso, as he crawls and gasps for air, begging for help. 

All of a sudden, the backup arrive to kill Jack, but they fail, as Jack was well prepared for them, exiting the barn opposite of the bank wagon. Dead eye'd the last two as Jack walked out of the barn. He then cracked the safe, grabbed a horse, and rode off to Mexico. It started to rain and thunder as Jack crossed the train tracks. and something really aweaome happened. Jack spurred his horse, yelled out "HEEYAAAA" and thunder erupted from the sky. 

After killing countless marshals in various towns across West Elizabeth, Jack landed in Casa Magruda. He went to the bar, had three shots of the house's best, and walked outside, in the rain. Jack walked behind the building and bumped into a prostitute and her "owner", Mario. He was abusing her, and Jack had enough of it. Mario, the "owner" of the young woman, told the gringo that it's $200 American Dollars or nothing, and Jack JUST came into some money, so he did it. 

See? The game has cinematic value after a playthrough, people seem to really dread the death of John Marston but Jack is really interesting and more interactive than John. John was pigeon holed into being the good guy, so having low honor felt weird. In Jack's case, he's been through horrible things and is very confused, a little scared, and alone. Jack carries the name Marston and acts like an outlaw to the people he sees. Killing people and then exclaiming, "now do you think I'm a Marston?!" and "Jack MARSTON, remember it", he is trying to recreate his father's life. 

It's also nice that Jack mentions Ricketts frequently, because him using the Schofield given to John by Landon, now to Jack, is sad in a way. All the outlaws are dead and gone, and the only one with the capacity to do what they did, Jack, is in a race against modernism. Does he get drafted after 1914? Move out East? Who knows, but I'm having fun playing as Jack.

You and I both. We may be the only ones who really like Jack, lol. I loved Jack because he was a good character, although his depression and stuff may have been a little cheesy at times: but Jack is a fine protagonist IMO. 

• maxpaynefan likes this

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

RDR I still consider above GTA V in story, sales, playability, innovation the lot.

I am excited for a sequal but also scared it will be pimped or of low quality. Any substantial news on the sequal by the way other than a Rockstar employee updating his Linked in?

nath22
  • nath22

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

RDR I still consider above GTA V in sales

That's not subjective.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

RDR I still consider above GTA V in sales

That's not subjective.

Yeah I agree, V beats RDR on sales in a milestone.

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago Edited by tonko, A week ago.

i'm enjoying RDR online after full year of GTA. Poker, bag games, hold your own in Tesoro Azul, shootouts. Sometimes just riding my white bronco and looking at the landscape and wildlife :)

It's been 4 years and this game is still fresh for me.

• gta_aus and Witchking Of Angmar like this

dillono
  • dillono

Please Assume The Position.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Is it just me or does that Indian Reservation guy you meet after seeing McDougal sound like Zoidberg from Futurama?

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 6 days ago

Lets hope they keep the gang matches and posse system the same and not let it to turn to useless sh*t like in gta v.

Seriously does anyone even play deathmatches in gtav?
It was the best thing in red dead and free roam was also better because of posses.

A new red dead is the only game that would make me switch to next gen!

The first time I played rdr I was blown away and honestly a feeling I never had since playing san andreas for the first time on ps2.

Top two games

1-San Andreas
2-Red Dead Redemption
3-Assassins Creed 2
  • WinkingSkeever6 likes this

dillono
  • dillono

Please Assume The Position.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Seriously does anyone even play deathmatches in gta v?

I play deathmatches in GTA V and I take offense to that.

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 5 days ago

Thing is, RDR deathmatches are much more fair and skill is very important while in GTA deathmatches skill is not on the first place. That's why i prefer RDR. And also freakin' Mexican standoff + Undead Survival.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Seriously does anyone even play deathmatches in gta v?

I play deathmatches in GTA V and I take offense to that.

Im sorry bro

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

¡¡ooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 3 days ago

Any news on  RDR Sequel?

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

Any news on  RDR Sequel?

Yh bro some confirmed stuff

CONFIRMED-
-It set in the old west
-Game will feature a protagonist
-Several weopens
-Melee combat returns!!!!!!
-Horses
-Desert
-Piano
-Sunny weather

Stay tuned for futher details in the next few weeks or so!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users