Photo

Red Dead Redemption

10,310 replies to this topic
tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

Anyone online who actually plays for fun anymore?

I'm tired of these fools blasting me for walking around. I try do gang hideouts and activities and some jackass will ride across the whole map just to kill me. I thought GTA was bad online but this is even worse!
  • Black & White likes this

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

Red Dead Redemption is on sale on XBLA. You can get it now for $15. It's a great deal for one of the best games this generation. I'm tempted to get it myself, but I played the game to death on PS3.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

Been playing this just to warm up for GTA V and riding War Horse and having the Deadly Assassins outfit really does make you look like a badass

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 03:18)
An interesting story about the person who played as John Marston

http://www.polygon.c...an-John-Marston

Damn, nice read there.

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:23 AM Edited by Napalmbrain, 30 August 2013 - 09:27 AM.

To start, I'll say that I have received consent from Woody Jackson to share these on the net.

user posted image

Red Dead Redemption - 261 tracks / 2.6 GB
http://www.4shared.c...demption_1.html
http://www.4shared.c...demption_2.html
http://www.4shared.c...demption_3.html
http://www.4shared.c...demption_4.html
http://www.4shared.c...demption_5.html

Youtube Playlist
http://www.youtube.c...eature=view_all

user posted image

Undead Nightmare - 65 tracks / 750 MB
http://www.4shared.c..._Nightmare.html

Youtube Playlist

I released a RDR rip last year, and I thought that I recorded most of the music in the game. Not only was I wrong, but I was DEAD wrong. This rip includes DOUBLE the amount of music. My previous rip was 10+ hours of music. This is 20 hours! These are FULL TRACKS, my previous rip only contained a few full full tracks. This is a much more complete rip and it is also in order this time. My last rip was just a mess and compared to this rip, it's just terrible...The reason for such a huge difference is hard to explain, but I recommend reading this article to help understand and see why this OST is in my opinion the most epic and unique ever created.

Redemption songs: the making of the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack | Technology | guardian.co.uk

If you don't want to read the article, basically the entire OST is created at 130 BPM. This allows to literally layer the tracks and weave them in and out to create fluid transitions between tracks and smooth transitions into different situations. This makes for a large amount of possibilities of combinations of different themes being used together. Also, once I found out that all the tracks are 5 minute loops, or more specifically about 4:30 second loops, I realized how much music I missed my last rip. It is difficult to tell where some tracks start and where they end, since they are loops and they seem to kick in at a random point in the loop. I did my best to decide where to start and where to stop the tracks, usually where it seemed most likely to begin.

I had to exploit the game and especially the AI greatly in order to get the full 5 minute loops to play. For example in the Justice in Pike's Basin mission, you could set the controller down and the Marshall and his deputies will literally roll through Pike's Basin without you lifting a finger. I had to stand in the Marshalls' way to get the whole track to play. That's just one example out of MANY I had to exploit. Let's just say it was an absolute nightmare at times and with a little patience and luck, I was able to get pretty much ALL of the full tracks. There are a handful of tracks I was not able to get full versions of. Basically if anything is less than 4:30, you know I wasn't able to get the full version. It's only a few tracks though.

I am positive I am missing a few tracks, namely the music that plays when you are Wanted in all 3 areas. I was able to get 1 full Wanted track from New Austin, but apparently it was luck. No matter what I do the music jumps all over the place while wanted, and it's just a jumbled mess. If anyone knows how to get these tracks to play without cutting off, changing etc... let me know and I will add them. I just couldn't find a way, maybe someone else knows. There are also a few tracks in multiplayer matches that just jump around to much and cut in/out at random. I am pretty sure there are no duplicate tracks here, but I may have missed 1 or 2. Just know that some tracks sound very alike except for ONE extra layer or so. If anyone finds any duplicates or knows of any tracks I am missing, tell me what they are and I will add/remove them.

I also wanted to say that if you notice on the official OST for both RDR and Undead Nightmare, you will notice tracks like Estancia, for example, are not even found in the game as far as I can tell. In fact, if you listen carefully, pretty much ALL of the tracks on the OSTs are different variations of songs in my rip. They contain new layers, or mix and match new pieces. My point is I don't know if those tracks are in the game, and I am POSITIVE there are more tracks hidden in this game that can only be accessed in certain ways. Most of these tracks on my rip, you would only hear like 5-30 seconds of while playing the game. It's only through literally exploiting that you can access the full soundtrack, and that is quite a shame and a waste. sad.gif The good news is those of you reading this will now get to experience it. biggrin.gif I was surprised that there was so much new music to be heard when I learned to exploit it correctly. I think some of you will be surprised as well. Without access to the master collection Bill Elm and Woody Jackson have for this game, there's no telling what or how many more tracks are floating out there. I would love to hear you input on tracks you have heard that I didn't include.

This really is the best soundtrack ever created in my opinion, and it's really not even close to me. I am absolutely in love with it. It is something truly unique. The scope and vision of the OST is huge. If any of you feel the same way about the music in Red Dead Redemption, you are going to be VERY pleased with this rip. I am extremely happy it turned out this well. Oh by the way, the Undead Nightmare rip is pretty cool as well.

Enjoy biggrin.gif .
  • Stephan90, na89340qv0n34b09q340, JustOneMonth and 2 others like this

acmilano
  • acmilano

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:18)
An interesting story about the person who played as John Marston

http://www.polygon.c...an-John-Marston

He was obviously a nice guy.Wish him good luck in his life. icon14.gif

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

That article was a great read.

Regarding Napalm's post, great job on the rip!

jv95_
  • jv95_

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

Just bought the game today for 15$ bucks.

bluetops
  • bluetops

Chupacabra

• Members

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (jv95_ @ Wednesday, Sep 4 2013, 09:11)
Just bought the game today for 15$ bucks.

You bought a quality game. Enjoy it biggrin.gif

kailay
  • kailay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

Bought RDR Goty a couple weeks ago and all I can say is WTH didn't I get it earlier?

Absolutely love it!

Zeevs86
  • Zeevs86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

I am looging for xbox360 and \ or ps3 saves. Chapters 8 or 7.

Can some one please upload thier save games? thanks!

DonkeyEatingCheese
  • DonkeyEatingCheese

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

Finished it for the fourth time and achieved 100% completion for the third time. :D

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

Is anybody still playing this game multiplayer on xbox live? I miss the gang hideouts, undead waves, gambling and coop missions. :(

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:53 PM

Red Dead is probably the sh*ttest game now. Been playing it for like 3 years (Probably the best RDR player ever in the history of RDR) But now the game is full of f*cked up Modders and laggy f*cks

Don't buy the game!

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

RedBull FM, on 02 Dec 2013 - 2:53 PM, said:

Red Dead is probably the sh*ttest game now. Been playing it for like 3 years (Probably the best RDR player ever in the history of RDR) But now the game is full of f*cked up Modders and laggy f*cks

Don't buy the game!

Its still worth it for single player at least .

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

RedBull FM, on 02 Dec 2013 - 2:53 PM, said:

Don't buy the game!

Its still worth it for single player at least .

The singleplayers is alright.

Multiplayer RDR Servers been f*cked from August 2013 by a guy called GLITCHED MATRIX. I've played Multiplayer for how long now. Everytime you go in a free-mode session people keep on freezing your xbox and that WON'T do your xbox any good at all.

So don't buy the game if you going to play the Multiplayer side.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:36 PM Edited by Stephan123, 04 January 2014 - 04:59 PM.

Hi, can anyone tell me the best place/way to get the "Osbcuridad del Santo Andres"? I just finished my second playthrough with 100%, have played 31 hours and have full honour and fame, but still no nun appeared. There was only one nun who wanted money from me, which I gave her. I remember in my first playthrough she appeared very late in Blackwater near the lake on the street, when I was riding my horse. Can you just stand in a town and wait without moving?

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:25 AM Edited by Rown, 05 January 2014 - 05:25 AM.

@Stephan90:

It's been forever since I played but I'm pretty sure she just appeared for me a while after getting max honor.

Here's people talking at the wiki:
http://reddead.wikia...el_Santo_Andres

Judging by that you're at least not alone in having to wait a while. Sorry if this was less than helpful, but I figured some kind of response was needed.

Rown :rampage:

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:05 AM

Hah i got it in my first playtrough, luck i guess.

So i tried playing Red Dead online, sh*t, im on PS3, i killed a guy and claimed that thing and then i could not see one person, and some people getting infinite points for nothing. f*ck, it was aways a game full of glitches too. I remember the invincibility one. And the one to make you shoot superfast. And you could fly. And you could be invisible. What a cowboy...

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

So i tried playing Red Dead online, sh*t, im on PS3, i killed a guy and claimed that thing and then i could not see one person, and some people getting infinite points for nothing. f*ck, it was aways a game full of glitches too. I remember the invincibility one. And the one to make you shoot superfast. And you could fly. And you could be invisible. What a cowboy...

I miss the good old RDR days, it's so much better than GTA, but it takes a long time to get in a full session or lobby these days, and when you do you are more likely to meet glitchers :( Though, I think there is way more glitchers on PS3 than on xbox. I haven't seen anything like that on xbox yet.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

I miss the good old RDR days, it's so much better than GTA, but it takes a long time to get in a full session or lobby these days, and when you do you are more likely to meet glitchers :( Though, I think there is way more glitchers on PS3 than on xbox. I haven't seen anything like that on xbox yet.

Seriously? the posses in chuparosa... Guess Xbox is better then, because boy it was a sh*tshow sometimes.

That about invencible glitch.

I miss it too man, but you have to agree that soft lock was laughable, people rolling like sonic and all.

I played on ''hardcore'' because of that. You are right, remember having a posse full of people riding like crazy? 

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:45 PM

Had it on 360 (one of the only reasons I had a 360). But since I got rid of that more than a year ago I have been contemplating ever since to get it on PS3 again. Should I? Or should I wait until they bring out a 'GOTY/remastered' edition for PS4 (if they'd ever do something like that).

Still... had alot of achievements for that game and spent sh*ttons of time in that game... really think about doing it again. Wasn't there a GOTY edition with a hardcore mode or something? No regenerative health and such?

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Yes there is a hardcore version, you die pretty fast, must be ''nice''!

Have you played the DLC? If not, i recomend you to but now, because i think it will take some time for them to put it on the new generation.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

Seriously? the posses in chuparosa... Guess Xbox is better then, because boy it was a sh*tshow sometimes.

That about invencible glitch.

I miss it too man, but you have to agree that soft lock was laughable, people rolling like sonic and all.

I played on ''hardcore'' because of that. You are right, remember having a posse full of people riding like crazy? 

Yep.

But of course- I often came across people hanging out in the house in Chuparosa(where you throw a fire bottle at the door and glitch through, and can't be shot from the outside) and the same glitch in the Escalera mansion(where you could stand in the corner and do a roll to glitch through the floor, couldn't get shot from outside here either), but I did that myself a couple of times and don't consider it hardcore glitching. It wasn't a problem for people who didn't seek trouble :p

I miss those good posse-days :D

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:36 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 23 January 2014 - 06:37 AM.

I was showing a friend a trailer for the game... and I remembered how f*cking amazing it is. I can't remember anything wrong with this game at all. Like, literally nothing wrong with the game. I didn't like the cattle missions but that's way too subjective. It's as close to perfect as you can get imo.

And dose trailers.

Yeeeaaaahhhh. Gonna play the sh*t out of it again tomorrow when I get home.

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:34 AM

^ I really wish RDR comes to PC.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

I was showing a friend a trailer for the game... and I remembered how f*cking amazing it is. I can't remember anything wrong with this game at all. Like, literally nothing wrong with the game. I didn't like the cattle missions but that's way too subjective. It's as close to perfect as you can get imo.

And dose trailers.

Yeeeaaaahhhh. Gonna play the sh*t out of it again tomorrow when I get home.

I think you're right. Closest to perfect.
It's one of the few games i've spent hours just doing nothing. GTA IV would be behind it, and then behind that ACII.
I do have a few grievances though:
There's not enough towns, and the existing towns are too small. Blackwater was built up as this huge town, but it was so underwhelming, it was disappointing. Armadillo is the only decent town (i dont include mcfarlane's ranch as it's a ranch). If RDR 3 comes out, and it'll be next gen, I hope it has a map with lots of towns bigger than Armadillo - armadillo was great, but too small for the "main" town. It needed more towns on the far west of the map etc.
Mexico had two towns, but tbh i'd say half of the map served little purpose.
If RDR had built a system to keep the game going somehow after the final mission* and had the above point sorted, it would be the best game ever. As it stands it's.... possible actually the best game i've ever played anyway! GTA IV is a close second.

^ I really wish RDR comes to PC.

It's a travesty it hasn't already. Looks amazing on consoles - imagine on PC... i can't even...

*Jack is another flaw. He had potential but was too annoying to be lovable. Some post story DLC - 20 or so missions maybe - would have fixed this imo

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Is online any good? I have finished the game and I gave it to my friend ages ago. So I'm thinking about getting it again.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Is online any good? I have finished the game and I gave it to my friend ages ago. So I'm thinking about getting it again.

It completely sh*ts on GTA IV and V's online. Not sure how active it is nowadays though, I'm sure there's still people, there always are in R* games.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

Est. MMXV

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:24 PM

V's multiplayer is sh*t, lol. I should start playing RDR's MP more. 

I thought it would be dead on 360 by now. Are there many players still active?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users