9,086 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm on RDR now if anyone wants to hook up and gain some XP while it's still Trip XP.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Been playing a lot RDR again recently, first time I bought the game was this April and loving the game ever since.
Too bad that I hadn't bought the game a couple of years earlier, but I guess that it's better late than never.
RDR has since become my personal favorite PS3 game, beating GTA IV.
I've still yet to beat the storyline completely, but I'm getting there - been doing a lot side missions and all that.
Anyways, it's an amazing game, I don't even know how R* has made such a masterpiece of a video game.

Android
  • Android

no u

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

I might play this tomorrow cause I have nothing to play tounge.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Live Stream on Rockstar Social Club starting in a couple of hours. I can't wait to f*ck sh*t up!

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Markwey @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 08:53)
Been playing a lot RDR again recently, first time I bought the game was this April and loving the game ever since.
Too bad that I hadn't bought the game a couple of years earlier, but I guess that it's better late than never.
RDR has since become my personal favorite PS3 game, beating GTA IV.
I've still yet to beat the storyline completely, but I'm getting there - been doing a lot side missions and all that.
Anyways, it's an amazing game, I don't even know how R* has made such a masterpiece of a video game.

May I ask why you waited so long to experience the world of Western Border States?

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 12:49)
Live Stream on Rockstar Social Club starting in a couple of hours. I can't wait to f*ck sh*t up!

I've got streaming now. I'll look out for your gamertag.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 07 July 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Played Undead Nightmare and and Grand Prix with Rockstar. A ton of fun. Might play some GTA IV with them as well, and definitely some Max Payne 3.
@JOSEPH X: Hope you saw me. I was all over that sh*t! I even got spotlighted during Undead Overrun when PlayRockstar2 died.

Villager
  • Villager

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

I decided to go back to the past and watch RDR's introductory gameplay video. I noticed a pistol shooting animation that I don't remember seeing in the final game. See the gif below.

user posted image

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:11 AM

I started a new game on Normal as all my saves had been deleted. Just messing around with cheats and roaming around.

I discovered a glitch where you can throw Molotovs really fast. I'm sure somebody already discovered this before me. I dunno if it works with Dynamite too (I was using a Gun Cheat so I had no Dynamite). So my Dead-Eye Level was 1. I used Dead-Eye with a Molotov and threw it. And whenever I tried to throw a Molotov, Marston would throw it really fast. Its pretty cool. It went back to normal after I had switched weapons.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

I didn't even know RDR had cheats. mercie_blink.gif

Android
  • Android

no u

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

Who wants to play RDR with me?

Message Clipsound on Xbox Live biggrin.gif

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Antagonista @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 22:27)
Who wants to play RDR with me?

Message Clipsound on Xbox Live biggrin.gif

No PSN? sad.gif

Android
  • Android

no u

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

No, sadly sad.gif

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 02:23)
I didn't even know RDR had cheats. mercie_blink.gif

Seriously? mercie_blink.gif It has some fun cheats, though they are nothing compared to GTA SA. There is a cheat that makes all the animals tame, but it has to unlocked by completing a few challenges.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

I have a question regarding undead nightmare

if you are chasing one of the horses of the apocolypse and you lose it before you get a chance to break it, will it show back up in the game and will you get a notification that you are near it like before?

eary in the game i ran into pestilance but the terrain f*cked me over from getting it and now I am looking for it to no avail. Will i get a notification that i am near or do i need to keep my eyes open like in the main game whe you ant a certain horse (like the american standardbred)?

thanks in advance

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 05:58)

if you are chasing one of the horses of the apocolypse and you lose it before you get a chance to break it, will it show back up in the game and will you get a notification that you are near it like before?

eary in the game i ran into pestilance but the terrain f*cked me over from getting it and now I am looking for it to no avail. Will i get a notification that i am near or do i need to keep my eyes open like in the main game whe you ant a certain horse (like the american standardbred)?

thanks in advance

You will get a notification when it's in your area, but I wouldn't spend time actually hunting it down. It'll just appear randomly eventually. I think there might be one horse which if you don't catch it the first time won't reappear, but I don't believe it's pestilence. I'd consult the RDR wiki though.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 07:00)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 05:58)

thanks in advance

You will get a notification when it's in your area, but I wouldn't spend time actually hunting it down. It'll just appear randomly eventually. I think there might be one horse which if you don't catch it the first time won't reappear, but I don't believe it's pestilence. I'd consult the RDR wiki though.

yeah i read that that horse was famine, got him, riding him now. I just want pestilance so i can get death, then the unicorn smile.gif

thanks for the help, at least i know not i wont have to look around everywhere like i did when i wanted to hunt down the american standard-bred

also i find it kinda poetic that i ask about horses and get a response from a user called cbiscuit lol.gif

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:06)
also i find it kinda poetic that i ask about horses and get a response from a user called cbiscuit lol.gif

Hahahaha cookie.gif

Glad I could help.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 07:14)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 06:06)

Hahahaha cookie.gif

Glad I could help.

yeah thanks, I found him just now
broke him
got back on Marvin (i call famine marvin after starvin' marvin)
and killed pestilance, almost impossible to kill my ass, 2 shotgun blasts and down

now for death smile.gif

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I bought the GOTY edition recently even though i already own RDR because i wanted to give hardcore mode a go. I don't see why they didn't just include this in the game originally. It turned the game into what I always wanted it to be, it's infinitely more intense.

I walked out of my room in the Armadildo saloon and down towards the bandits at the table and pointed my gun at them expecting to win a 3 v 1 shootout like always in regular RDR but I was dead wrong (much pun intended) The one I was aiming at shot first and the other two fired right afterwards and sent my body flying into the piano
I didn't stand a chance and I loved it.

You actually think twice about pulling your gun on someone now because it's possible get to get killed instead of running around playing rambo while eating bullets.
More games need hardcore mode like this.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (ozzman1 @ Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 11:11)
I bought the GOTY edition recently even though i already own RDR because i wanted to give hardcore mode a go. I don't see why they didn't just include this in the game originally. It turned the game into what I always wanted it to be, it's infinitely more intense.

I walked out of my room in the Armadildo saloon and down towards the bandits at the table and pointed my gun at them expecting to win a 3 v 1 shootout like always in regular RDR but I was dead wrong (much pun intended) The one I was aiming at shot first and the other two fired right afterwards and sent my body flying into the piano
I didn't stand a chance and I loved it.

You actually think twice about pulling your gun on someone now because it's possible get to get killed instead of running around playing rambo while eating bullets. 
More games need hardcore mode like this.

This is exactly why I loved Hardcore mode. I always had to play carefully. One shot from a shotgun and you're dead. biggrin.gif

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

i am playing the co-op missions and I get 2-4 times the score of my partner
but he is getting 2-4 times the XP

why?

PaletoChickenCapo
  • PaletoChickenCapo

Neunundneunzig Luftballons

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (tuareg @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 10:55)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, May 24 2013, 21:58)
the point of the ending is that Jack is going down the same road as his father by killing Ross and becoming wanted for killing an FBI agent. While on the surface it looks like Jack has avenged John and its an uplifting moment, he has in fact betrayed his father's best wishes for him and will go down the same dark path John wanted him to avoid, and, if you think about, the entire game was about John trying to keep his family safe. Jack becoming an outlaw practically undoes everything John does in the game, so it is still a downer ending.

That's possibly one of the most beautiful yet painful things about the whole story. In the end almost everything was for nothing. John was gunned down, both Abigail and Uncle are dead and Jack becomes what his father never wanted him to be.

But then when you think about it the whole concept of the game is "redemption" and earning forgiveness for past sins. Coincidentally that's the only thing John accomplished by the end.

This is why I love the story of RDR. Another thing is how dramatic the end was. John is back at the farm, and he's getting to his new life. He is finally back with his family. But then, out of nowhere, the whole f*cking army invades the farm. The family has to protect themselves. Bam, Uncle gets shot. He dies. After a long battle Abigail and Jack leaves the farm, as John is facing his enemies. The last moments are really dramatic. After killing some agents with dead eye, he gets showered with bullets. I swear, when he was on his knees breathing heavy, I knew that this was my most dramatic gaming-moment.

And the fact that even Abigail is gone when you're playing as Jack broke my f*cking heart.

I loved GTA IV, but I never thought that any game was going to beat it storywise, but RDR did.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

An interesting story about the person who played as John Marston

http://www.polygon.c...an-John-Marston

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:29 AM Edited by AceRay, 07 August 2013 - 07:33 AM.

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 20:18)

This pretty much guarantees we're not going to see another RDR with John in it.

Rob seems like an awesome bloke, hope he lives a good life icon14.gif damn, that video actually made me tear up a little. cryani.gif

GTAfear
  • GTAfear

Think of a yellow rubber duck!

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

^ Haha, me too. confused.gif icon14.gif

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:43 AM Edited by Mokrie Dela, 07 August 2013 - 09:55 AM.

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 07:18)

Not much I didn't already know but damn, he could have had more! Kinda a shame he won't continue to work with R* as his acting in RDR was fantastic, but fair play to him for his family commitments.

edit - that vid was moving. I personally see no reason why he couldnt do more voice work in the future - he said it was great, so maybe it could be done, but seriously; how cool would it be to have your dad the voice of Marston!?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (UtricularEwe001 @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 08:18)

I never really knew anything about the guy. John Marston will go down as one of the best voice over jobs in a game i have ever heard. Just hope he has a good life whatever happens.

WelcomePaladin2
  • WelcomePaladin2

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:40 PM

will there be a triple xp coming soon folks?

only need to get to lvl 50 for platinum

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by Wheatley, 12 August 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Some guy has apparently broken the Red Dead Redemption servers for the Xbox 360 from using too many hacks/cheats/mods/glitches whatever. Now its been too laggy and choppy for players to even play the game smoothly and Rockstar have yet to apply a fix. Such things include falling through the ground and random teleporting from reports.

Now, I personally don't know how he did this but looking into it further suggests he either has DDOS'd the server hosting all of the games in Red Dead Redemption or has used too many glitches and jumped between sessions which caused the supposed server overload - don't quote me on this because both of them are just rumors until confirmed.

You can read about this here:

http://rockstar-foru...p?topic=30951.0

I'd hate to give the guy attention (clearly that's what he wants out of all of this) but its to draw attention to the fact that its nothing to do with your Xbox 360, game disk or internet connection for those who have experienced any of these problems.

Problems:
Started out being laggy, being super slow. Then kills wouldn't count. Normal aim turned into Expert aim. People turned invisible. Horses wouldn't come to you when whistled. Gang Hideouts didn't require any killing. Just enter and leave and get free points. Then occasionally would get black screened and dashboarded. Or even lag completely from Multiplayer to Singleplayer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users