Photo

Red Dead Redemption

9,107 replies to this topic
Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:19 PM Edited by mincemate003, 07 April 2012 - 08:23 PM.

For winning $1000 on gambling, I think that one of the stranger missions asks you to go to Thieve's Landing and play Liar's Dice, and when you do it gives you $200 for winning? At least that's how I think I did it to get the outfit. Savvy Merchant Outfit is pretty neat looking.

edit- Yes, in the mission "Lights, Camera, Action" the ante for Liar's Dice is $200, so you can easily win $1000 by playing multiple games. I didn't see if you've already gotten 100% though, sorry if you did and this isn't helpful.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:48 AM Edited by Slamman, 08 April 2012 - 05:56 AM.

Stranger mission is part of the SPATCHCOCK one, where the guy in Armadillo wants to build a Hollywood style movie studio not far from the town, but of course, he moves a bit closer to Blackwater later on! With luck being down and not out.

The cost of Liar's Dice entry is $200, don't you wind up winning amount based on the amount of players present? Typically 2, sometimes it's a one on one game.

Well, regarding the Freeroam Cochiney experience, that is not an unusual occurrence, I hung out with a met-up posse in RDR MP for a long time, session after session, but once I fired on someone they knew, I was ostracized over this disagreement, I still keep friends with some from that posse, but yeah, STRANGE things are known to happen in the LIVE RDR experience!! Fo' Sho'!

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

My brother can't play RDR mp on his account because he is underage? WTF? (PS3)

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Can't really argue with that. If you're under age, wait a few years. We all have to

Moth
  • Moth

Canis Canem Edit

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 18:43)

Did your parents put in parental controls? Cause that could be it.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (The General @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 23:22)
QUOTE (goin-god @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 18:43)

Did your parents put in parental controls? Cause that could be it.

No. In fact I checked it and I put No on it. But still he can't play.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

My post count going up? Can't be, it's in the negative!
BTW, never spelled Business "Bussiness", I used to miss the "I", but that's long ago
I had horrible spelling as a kid, horrible
Anyway, why shouldn't they be allowed to enforce the online network? Most complaints come on about people too young to play, I got a lot of feedback from who I used to posse up with, I didn't care about age in-game, MP, as long as they were playing MP as it's supposed to be, and I enjoyed myself, so I'm not particularly one way or another, but it could be they're just making more strict passage, enforcing what was in a EULA perhaps, but people tend to overlook agreeing to them face-value

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Wednesday, Apr 11 2012, 23:36)
My post count going up? Can't be, it's in the negative!
BTW, never spelled Business "Bussiness", I used to miss the "I", but that's long ago
I had horrible spelling as a kid, horrible
Anyway, why shouldn't they be allowed to enforce the online network? Most complaints come on about people too young to play, I got a lot of feedback from who I used to posse up with, I didn't care about age in-game, MP, as long as they were playing MP as it's supposed to be, and I enjoyed myself, so I'm not particularly one way or another, but it could be they're just making more strict passage, enforcing what was in a EULA perhaps, but people tend to overlook agreeing to them face-value

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? I've already told you that it is the amount of posts you made TODAY. As seen here:
http://www.gtaforums....php?&act=Stats
Stop harrasing me for god sake.
It's not that difficult to understand. And I didn't say anything about how you spell Bussiness.

In case you are blind:
user posted image

----

Anyways, I don't really think they would make online more strict. They are limiting what someone can do with the game they payed for.

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Is your brother part of R* Games Social Club? Don't they have an age verification when registering on that? It could have flagged him as underage. I've never heard of it happening before though, maybe it's a new thing from Sony.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:17 PM Edited by Slamman, 15 April 2012 - 08:21 PM.

What I still dislike is that in the Multiplayer MP section, when you shoot someone and collect Achievement for killing someone who's a Rockstar gamer online, there's no way of knowing if they collected that 'bounty', and are not actually Rockstar employees, is there? It seems that no matter who collects that, when you kill THEM, you also get the award/reward

Coin God, it's in the negative, many people have seen it and asked ME about it, like I have a say, and quit watching post count, that in an of itself is moronic, there's better things you can do with your time.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:
I was thinking as I was playing, Why haven't we asked everyone who's played it, what is your favorite quote or quotes from the game's peds?
One of my favorites is "You keep talkin' bout this person and that person", in the African American accent, for lack of a better word, mix in the old West flavoring and it's just funny in it's own context, basically the guy is not pleased with the engaged conversation. There's a few things that are like this, contradiction in convo was a common feature of GTA SA based in it's simple ped design, in RDR we see it really nicely evolved!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Started a new playthrough the other night after I hadn't touched it since release (also got the ending spoiled for me before I even got the game)

Really enjoying it so far, I've spent a sh*t load of time hunting and I've only finished the Pikes Basin mission with the law in Armadillo. Already on about level 5 of the hunter challenges, about 4/5 on the marksman and only about 2 on the herbs since I'm not really that bothered about them. I'm hoping this time around when I get to Tall Trees I'll actually be able to kill all of the Buffalo since I had a bunch of f*cking NPC's come over and join the killing party so I never unlocked the achievement.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:47 PM Edited by Slamman, 18 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Yeah?! The ending was spoiled from this forum when reports of ROMAN DIES came up, I remember well, but at least there were multiple endings, for playing Undead Nightmare, I don't think much of anything was spoiled, for me, anyway, I enjoyed it. It was a bit tough at the end, the BOSS mission! haha

I like leaving the buffalo on the range for awhile, when you and the professor ride that way to Cochiney, he comments on them if they are found roaming in the general area, it's always a bit of a laugh that you're tasked with hunting them to extinction!

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:40 AM

Have any of you guys had an issue with the aiming system after playing for a couple hours? I ran into it yesterday after playing for about 3 hours I think. It would aim at birds/things at the start, then after the 3 hours it just decides that it won't auto aim on ANYTHING. No matter what the object I'm trying to aim it at, it just wouldn't lock on. I tried changing the settings on the aiming but it still wouldn't work properly. I kept playing with it since I got kind of engrossed in the story but is there anyway to fix this other than saving and turning off/on the 360?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

i haven't had that. Try turning off auto aiming completey, play for five minutes then turn it back on to whatever you usually had it on.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

In the final showdown where the Army faces off with John, I've only done it once thus far, as my other saved games have less of the challenges complete, but you do go into Dead Eye, I wonder, can you get any progress doing that, or say, using your health you have stored on you, bottles to restore dead eye? I think it happens too fast, but in my anxiety, I had pressed the button to enter Dead Eye and Exit in a split second time frame, so it was just by accident that I didn't get any Dead Eye shots off, so.... is it basically that ineffective?

Remember not to out-right spoil the end for anyone

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Friday, Apr 20 2012, 05:40)
Have any of you guys had an issue with the aiming system after playing for a couple hours? I ran into it yesterday after playing for about 3 hours I think. It would aim at birds/things at the start, then after the 3 hours it just decides that it won't auto aim on ANYTHING. No matter what the object I'm trying to aim it at, it just wouldn't lock on. I tried changing the settings on the aiming but it still wouldn't work properly. I kept playing with it since I got kind of engrossed in the story but is there anyway to fix this other than saving and turning off/on the 360?

It only seemed to happen on MP to me. On SP works perfect everytime.
----

I wasted alot of hours on MP so far, I'm advancing slowly on the Storyline (Dosn't help knowing the ending). It's really fun.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

I've always gotten sidetracked with the challenges or some of the stranger missions to continue on the story. Last night I got really distracted because I'd just gotten into Mexico and before I even started any missions I'd ran into about 20 wolves all running in packs. I'd literally kill 5, halfway through skinning them and then boom another pack of 5-7 would come around. I've saved all the other animals that you can get in Mexico and going to sell them in Armadillo or somewhere over in the US since you get more money.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

I've just theorized something amazing.

Spoilers

What if Jack is Dutch's son? Think about it. Abigail was slept with all the gang and adult Jack's facial feature look strikingly similar to Dutch's rather than John's. John has no way of knowing Jack isn't his son and loves Abigail so he takes him.

Hell, there's even a line of dialogue where its basically told out loud: "Abigail was any man's wife! And Jack, he was any man's son!"
If this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will. The only biological child of John is his daughter, meaning the Marston bloodline is obliterated. sad.gif

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

^ agree mercie_blink.gif
from the first time I saw adult Jack face, the only thing I thought about was Dutch's face too mercie_blink.gif

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 10:24)

Spoilers

What if Jack is Dutch's son? Think about it. Abigail was slept with all the gang and adult Jack's facial feature look strikingly similar to Dutch's rather than John's. John has no way of knowing Jack isn't his son and loves Abigail so he takes him.

Hell, there's even a line of dialogue where its basically told out loud: "Abigail was any man's wife! And Jack, he was any man's son!"
If this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will. The only biological child of John is his daughter, meaning the Marston bloodline is obliterated. sad.gif

I don't remember Dutch saying this dialogue at all. He said, during the mission of Great Mean are Not Always Wise, that they all had Abigail when she was riding with them in their gang. He was mocking John for marrying a whore, but I don't remember him saying that Jack is any man's son. Even so, that's another mock. I think we're just creating more dimensions for the story that don't really exist, or even thought of by the story writers.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

But why would Jack have all the abilities that John has? I refuse to believe this, it just makes me so upset to think the Marston bloodline has ended ;_;

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 22:40)
But why would Jack have all the abilities that John has? I refuse to believe this, it just makes me so upset to think the Marston bloodline has ended ;_;

what abilities? Shooting and horse riding? They're pretty common among people in that era. Plus john brought jack up, so he would take after him.

jury's still out imo on jack's father. I think it is john, but i cant say for definiite.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:55 AM Edited by AceRay, 22 April 2012 - 04:23 AM.

QUOTE (FiS!!HeR @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 00:35)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 10:24)

Spoilers

If this doesn't prove it, I don't know what will. The only biological child of John is his daughter, meaning the Marston bloodline is obliterated.  sad.gif

I don't remember Dutch saying this dialogue at all. He said, during the mission of Great Mean are Not Always Wise, that they all had Abigail when she was riding with them in their gang. He was mocking John for marrying a whore, but I don't remember him saying that Jack is any man's son. Even so, that's another mock. I think we're just creating more dimensions for the story that don't really exist, or even thought of by the story writers.

He does. Here:

QUOTE (Mission: And You Will Know the Truth)
Dutch: Your family? Abigail was any man's wife, John. And Jack, he's another
       whore's son, just like you.
You're weak. You always were. You never had
       the stomach for this.

Source: http://www.gamefaqs....tion/faqs/60200

Yeah, Dutch was mocking John but don't you think that there's a lot of truth to this sentence? Hell, Jack's father could have been any old johnny who hired Abigail. I'm just saying that Jack has a lot of similarities to Dutch visually compared to John. Look at their pictures on the RDR wiki:

Jack: http://reddead.wikia...ki/Jack_Marston
Dutch:http://reddead.wikia...h_van_der_Linde

Linki: Its implied Ricketts also has Dead Eye. He even teaches John level 3 dead eye.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

You guys managed to defy the spoiler tag and spoil the game for anyone not there yet.... Congrats! hahaha

I will say, there is more then one way to skin a cat, and the AUDIO DIALOG WILL CHANGE as you play the game and pace it, or replay a mission where it ends unsuccessfully

This happens twice for just about every mission in GTA IV, you get killed, start over, hear a new exchange of dialog! It's pretty involved, and you can see the time taken to make such things possible

If you time your A to Z travel, even more dialog can emerge, this is one of the challenges I have in playing the story again, it forces you to keep up with NPC but it also runs out of time to play the audio streams that are there in the game!

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 17:03)
You guys managed to defy the spoiler tag and spoil the game for anyone not there yet.... Congrats! hahaha

I will say, there is more then one way to skin a cat, and the AUDIO DIALOG WILL CHANGE as you play the game and pace it, or replay a mission where it ends unsuccessfully

This happens twice for just about every mission in GTA IV, you get killed, start over, hear a new exchange of dialog! It's pretty involved, and you can see the time taken to make such things possible

If you time your A to Z travel, even more dialog can emerge, this is one of the challenges I have in playing the story again, it forces you to keep up with NPC but it also runs out of time to play the audio streams that are there in the game!

I've added spoiler tags to the crucial parts, okay?

Even so, the above dialogue is kinda evidence that Dutch is Jack's biological father whether you hear it or not.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

^
^
wow, this already happened in GTA SA, sometimes you can hear different dialogues.
I'm suprise that RDR did the same thing too mercie_blink.gif . I think the fame system in RDR could affect the dialogues in game.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:49 AM Edited by Slamman, 22 April 2012 - 05:51 AM.

I doubt that, and not sure about the SA connection since it's been awhile away from playing the complete game, I did start it though
In regard to the biological father, I don't believe so, there's no way to find that out in the time setting of the game, but they've been a couple for some time, I think the idea of exploring the gang in question with the next/ or another RDR outing is entirely plausible

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Rebel @ Saturday, Apr 21 2012, 06:39)
I've always gotten sidetracked with the challenges or some of the stranger missions to continue on the story. Last night I got really distracted because I'd just gotten into Mexico and before I even started any missions I'd ran into about 20 wolves all running in packs. I'd literally kill 5, halfway through skinning them and then boom another pack of 5-7 would come around. I've saved all the other animals that you can get in Mexico and going to sell them in Armadillo or somewhere over in the US since you get more money.

My mortal enemies are the god damned Pumas. I f*cking hate them. Everytime I see one I have to f*cking chase it and gun it down.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:32 AM

Coin, that's COUGARS, not Puma. But, to expound, yes, they can spawn in great numbers, or only a few at a time, the spawning algorithm is random, as sometimes in Silent Stead you can get wolves versus cougars appearing, so there's a randomness in that as well as how many

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Slamman @ Monday, Apr 23 2012, 05:32)
Coin, that's COUGARS, not Puma. But, to expound, yes, they can spawn in great numbers, or only a few at a time, the spawning algorithm is random, as sometimes in Silent Stead you can get wolves versus cougars appearing, so there's a randomness in that as well as how many

according to a zoo i went tolast year, Cougars, pumas and mountain lions are the same animals, just have different names.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users