Soo is it hard to level up in MP?

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (simonp92 @ May 19 2010, 03:05)
Soo is it hard to level up in MP?

I don't think it's too hard. It's actually pretty fun ranking up. It looks a bit similar to Call Of Duty Modern Warfare's ranking system. I don't know why but I have a bad feeling that some people will find the ranking up boring if they want to that highest rank trophy. I think the highest rank could be 50 as I saw it in that outfitter menu.

The game is awesome, by the way. I'm so glad that I didn't watch those streams. The cougars caught me by surprise. Good thing I didn't die and killed them. I just love those random events where you could be a hero. I haven't tried being the bad guy yet but I do have a bounty on me and it's amazing. Got about $2400+ bounty on me now. Interesting how that bandana has to be put on if you don't want your honor and fame to be changed.

Cyraxx
  • Cyraxx

Lurker

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:18 AM

Can anybody tell me how the online avatars work? Are they like GTA 4 where you cycle through preset clothing etc or can you completely customize your online character?

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

QUOTE (GhostStorm @ May 18 2010, 15:09)
http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7820/image001qu.jpg

Source: HERE.

In celebration of the North American release of Red Dead Redemption, Rockstar Games is happy to announce the ‘Kill a Rockstar’ Red Dead Redemption multiplayer challenge.  Beginning today through June 1,  players who track down roving posses of Rockstar employees on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live have the chance to earn the coveted “Red Dead Rockstar” Trophy/Achievement by directly taking down a Rockstar, or someone who has already killed a Rockstar.  Once securing the Trophy/Achievement, players already enrolled in the Rockstar Game Social Club will automatically be entered for the chance to have their likeness on a unique Multiplayer character in upcoming Red Dead Redemption downloadable content.

That's the one and only achievement I have and it came early as f*ck. Rockstar was on just after/during the midnight release. Today was a gooood day for me. I highly recommend you get smashed with a few homies and play this. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif I was walking just as well as John did after 8 shots, maybe not so bad.

So far I just got back into Armadillo and a man challenged me to a duel which cost him dearly. After which I went to see how well Marston could handle his liquor. I drank until he backed off from the bar and struggled by gently trying to stay on my feet while not bumping into anyone, tricky! I saw a young lady in the corner of the room which is where I wanted to be... but fell on my ass half way there. He looked dead for a few seconds after which I hit a few buttons but there was no getting up for nearly 10 seconds... hilarious.

After which, I headed upstairs to buy myself a room. This brought my bank down to exactly 102$ So after the purchase I thought to have another drink... who thought just one more would send John back on the floor?

I seen many "what the ffff's" including 3 2 in the opening intro... moving ground through train floor, and the talkative girl had a quick seizure. First Macfarlane intro (race) after quickly ending the cutscene I could see nothing more than John's left hand on the door knob. make sense? okay. tounge.gif

I am though, impressed with your ability to spend money. It does have meaning and you can quickly go broke! I've lost 89$ dollars in betting and have not won a hand of anything. Nor have I chained together more than 5 hits in that finger poking game, what the hell do you call it?

Also, anyone found a treasure map? It told me New Austin, didn't even know what the f*ck was New Austin! Had to come on Wiki only to realize it was the entire northern hemisphere. lol.gif Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying the game.

RomanViking
  • RomanViking

Labyrinth

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:59 AM

It's called 5-finger fillet, that knife game is. And I have a question: can NPCs you play against loose a finger by messing up? Because if not, what's the point in playing that game within a videogame? It would be like including Russian Roulette in a videogame but without any genuine risk of your character's death.. the point of the game would cease to exist.

If people just nab their fingers and lightheartedly grimace at their paper-cut finger while playing this "knife game" I would be deeply disappointed.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:02 AM

Oh my Goood! They just dispatched my copy. Most likely it will arrive tomorrow. tounge.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:07 AM

Oh well, not today. I was hoping it would come seeing as it was dipatched on Monday, but not to be. Pretty disappointed if it doesn't come tomorrow.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

cryani.gif Hasn't been dispatched yet. I'm still optimistic that I'll have it soon though since I paid extra for next day delivery and ShopTo dispatch their stock late into the evening.

Anyone else here buy from ShopTo?

jpalmer2004
  • jpalmer2004

Stop being an idiot!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:14 PM

Like I said yesterday. The game feels like any grand theft auto game when it comes to controls. But, The player feels a lot more fluent. Not quite sure where y'all are finding any glitches. I circled the entire map as soon as I got into the game and didn't find anything.

The map feels bigger then San Andreas to me. It took me a good 15 minutes to go from one side of the map to the other on horse back. And that's at a full gallop too.......

I've had quite a few random encounters so far. One guy challenged me to a shooting game. I killed some guys for a treasure map. One guy asked me to pick flowers for him lol, and Some guy in the Great Plains claimed he wanted a ride to town...But he tried to steal my horse.....It didn't work out too well for him. Shot him in the foot, hogtied him and tossed him off a gorge....Hope he got to the bottom ok. Asshole..... devil.gif

Did y'all notice that the flags have motion? In GTA IV they stood still. That American flag at the ranch is beautiful! icon14.gif

For me, This game is better then IV. Why? Because its not just a vanilla city with no enterable buildings, citizens are not interactive and not enough playable infinite side missions........

IV is great, But this game really shows what IV was lacking....With IV you have no choice but to be a criminal and rob people or start terror. There is more opportunities to be good in this game and its still an enjoyable experience.......

I'd be afraid to go bad in this game. Cause you have to pay your debts to society. If you kill somebody you gotta pay 50 bucks to the sheriff or ask for a pardon....You kill a whole village? its gonna be awhile before you can pay that back..........

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:08 PM Edited by Captain_Obvis456, 19 May 2010 - 03:14 PM.

Races, WTFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't win. I have tried 8 times so far. I stay on the path, I am kicking until I am almost getting thrown off the whole race and I am never close to winning. How do you win???? Every time I come in either 6th or 8th. Is there something I am missing?

OMG 3 more races and now I came in 4th finally WWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you win???????

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ May 19 2010, 15:08)
I can't win. I have tried 8 times so far. I stay on the path, I am kicking until I am almost getting thrown off the whole race and I am never close to winning. How do you win???? Every time I come in either 6th or 8th. Is there something I am missing?

OMG 3 more races and now I came in 4th finally WWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you win???????

You stop kicking when you reach gallop or sprint, from there you just steer the horse. The more you kick, the more the horse doesn't like it.

Captain_Obvis456
  • Captain_Obvis456

you're about to be inadequate

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:28 PM Edited by Captain_Obvis456, 19 May 2010 - 03:44 PM.

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ May 19 2010, 10:26)
QUOTE (Captain_Obvis456 @ May 19 2010, 15:08)

Edit:
How do you win???????

You stop kicking when you reach gallop or sprint, from there you just steer the horse. The more you kick, the more the horse doesn't like it.

As soon as I stop kicking I slow way down and the other racers pass me.

OMG I won. I did everything the same. I have no idea why but at the end of the race the other racers slowed down so I could win. That's the only way I was going to win anyway. WTF ??? I was is 5th place and all of a sudden they all slowed down at the end going up that hill and I won.
Anyway thanks for trying to help.
Have a cookie.gif

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

News for UK people.

Apparently some Tesco stores have broken the street date and are selling the normal copies of RDR already. So it might be worth checking the local Tesco stores if you really can't wait until Friday.

StickyWickett
  • StickyWickett

VTEC with v-tak

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ May 19 2010, 11:37)

I bought mine from ShopTo, just got home from college, first thing I did was check ShopTo.

"You have 0 preorders" :0

Checking 'Orders' section: "Red Dead Redemption: Processing"

We should get it tomorrow, ShopTo pal.

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Hmm, I'm unsure to buy this game or not. It looks great, but then again there are a few other games I don't have and want yet. Is it completely amazing and worth the cash?

StickyWickett
  • StickyWickett

VTEC with v-tak

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:02 PM Edited by StickyWickett, 19 May 2010 - 04:05 PM.

QUOTE (GtA01 @ May 19 2010, 15:52)
Hmm, I'm unsure to buy this game or not. It looks great, but then again there are a few other games I don't have and want yet. Is it completely amazing and worth the cash?

From what I've seen and played, yes.

There are a few bugs, but most of them are hilarious and not at all game-breaking and they shall probably be fixed soon.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (GtA01 @ May 19 2010, 17:52)

:s if you like GTA, then it's a no-brainer.

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (StickyWickett @ May 19 2010, 15:46)
QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ May 19 2010, 11:37)

I bought mine from ShopTo, just got home from college, first thing I did was check ShopTo.

"You have 0 preorders" :0

Checking 'Orders' section: "Red Dead Redemption: Processing"

We should get it tomorrow, ShopTo pal.

You lucky devil. Mine still hasn't been dispatched confused.gif Just noticed this on the ShopTo news section:

Please note that pre-orders of Red Dead Redemption will be shipped on Thursday to arrive on Friday's official release date. Thank you for your patience.

Damn. Did you get the Special Edition one? I was tempted to order a normal edition to see if that got processed straight away but spending a potential £70+ on one game woulda made me look silly tounge.gif

StickyWickett
  • StickyWickett

VTEC with v-tak

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

Yeah mine's the SE. Is yours still listed under the preorders section?

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

Yep, still listed in preorders. And since it's now after 5.30pm I'm thinking it won't be dispatched til tomorrow icon13.gif

StickyWickett
  • StickyWickett

VTEC with v-tak

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

Man that sucks, how long ago did you preorder it, if you don't mind me asking?

SIKKS66
  • SIKKS66

Horny

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

Not that long ago actually, 3rd May. I had a preorder on Amazon from a few months back but went to ShopTo when I saw they were doing Limited Edition. Ah well, as long as I get it on Friday tounge.gif

StickyWickett
  • StickyWickett

VTEC with v-tak

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

I canceled my standard edition for the special when I found out it was only a fiver more, about the beginning of may.

Ah well like you say, can't really complain if it arrives on the release date.

icon14.gif

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

Heh I wouldn't worry, mine got dispatched yesterday and didn't come today. Still hoping it comes tomorrow though.

StickyWickett
  • StickyWickett

VTEC with v-tak

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

I'm sure it will.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE ($RebelG @ May 19 2010, 19:04)
Heh I wouldn't worry, mine got dispatched yesterday and didn't come today. Still hoping it comes tomorrow though.

Are you in the UK? Are delivery times really that slow, considering that your country's smaller than ours and with faster transport? tounge.gif 3-5 is what I'd expect it to take from Germany to here. Our postal company (government owned) guarantees delivery by the next weekday with a certainty of 95%. Though it's always possible that when they say "dispatched", it just means that they've put your copy in an envelope, but haven't actually dropped it off in the post box.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (SIKKS66 @ May 19 2010, 16:36)
You lucky devil. Mine still hasn't been dispatched  confused.gif Just noticed this on the ShopTo news section:

Please note that pre-orders of Red Dead Redemption will be shipped on Thursday to arrive on Friday's official release date. Thank you for your patience.

Damn. Did you get the Special Edition one? I was tempted to order a normal edition to see if that got processed straight away but spending a potential £70+ on one game woulda made me look silly tounge.gif

It says that message with mine but the status of the delivery says complete and i've had the email with the dispatched details.

Fingers crossed for a tomorrow morning delivery.

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:30 PM Edited by II J0SePh X II, 19 May 2010 - 05:33 PM.

I'll be wandering the streets of Whalley Range tomorrow looking for postmen. I'm pretty optimistic it'll be here. It was sent Monday 5:37pm.

EDIT: Just checked mymail, and the Bradygames guide has been sent by zavvi at 4:55pm today.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• The Connection
  • Olympics

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ May 19 2010, 17:19)
QUOTE ($RebelG @ May 19 2010, 19:04)

Are you in the UK? Are delivery times really that slow, considering that your country's smaller than ours and with faster transport? tounge.gif 3-5 is what I'd expect it to take from Germany to here. Our postal company (government owned) guarantees delivery by the next weekday with a certainty of 95%. Though it's always possible that when they say "dispatched", it just means that they've put your copy in an envelope, but haven't actually dropped it off in the post box.

Depends on what kind of postage you've paid for. Special next day deliver is quite expensive since the price is determined by the weight of what you're buying. First class is usually 1-2 working days to get to you, normally within the next day its with me though. Second class is about 2-4 working days. Special next day delivery is of course going to be with you next day. GAME did say it would take 2-3 working days though so I'm hoping knowing the post I usually get its going to be tomorrow when I get it.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Last night I tried to do the old school villain thing and hog tied some lusty lady of the evening. I then proceeded to drop her on the nearest set of train tracks. All the while she was yelling phrases like "There are easier ways you can get me, I'm not that expensive". So I'm waiting for the train to come (which you can see on the map) and I get attacked by wolves. This is the most wonderfully random game ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users