Red Dead Redemption General Chat

10,379 replies to this topic
The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

What happened to John Marston?

Great article on what happened to Rob Weithoff, the actor who played John Marston, and why he's been off the radar since. From Polygon. Must read.

http://www.polygon.c...an-John-Marston
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 18:55)

Great article on what happened to Rob Weithoff, the actor who played John Marston, and why he's been off the radar since. From Polygon. Must read.

Very inspiring.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 18:55)

Yeah good article. That's the side of LA you don't hear reported too often. I've known a couple of people who worked in the movie industry there and they are by far the biggest bullsh*t artists I've ever known. Unsincere, users of people.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (rotipuj @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 17:03)
So I finally saved up enough to buy the War Horse. I feel like in Hardcore, I help people mostly to get money. Whereas in Normal mode I felt like I was helping people just because I wanted to.

Got most of the outfits, with the exception of Legend of the West, Army Uniform and Reyes Rebel Outfit. The damned Master Hunter Challenges are holding me back on Legend of the West Outfit. I don't know how to play Poker and I can't find the damn horse for 'Love is the Opiate'. I'll find the horse and beat the players in Poker eventually. I did it once before too.

After completing Hardcore mode 100%, I'm gonna play Undead Nightmare once again. I didn't 100% it before.

I didn't know how to play poker until I had to bust everyone on the table in Blackwater. I'd probably get my arse kicked in real life, because the ai in the game has exploitable weaknesses. They are very susceptible to bluffing & if you know you have two good cards, like a pair of aces, don't make large raises to start or they'll just fold. You'll know if they have a good hand as they'll make large raises, so just resist the temptation to bluff & just fold. Learn how to cheat while wearing that elegant suit (forgotten the name), as this makes winning hands much easier.

Oh & everytime you go bust, dead eye every remaining player right between the eyes & then reload last save. This alleviates some of the frustration & stops you from smashing your controller to pieces.

DonkeyEatingCheese
  • DonkeyEatingCheese

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 01:01)
QUOTE (rotipuj @ Thursday, Jun 13 2013, 17:03)
So I finally saved up enough to buy the War Horse. I feel like in Hardcore, I help people mostly to get money. Whereas in Normal mode I felt like I was helping people just because I wanted to.

Got most of the outfits, with the exception of Legend of the West, Army Uniform and Reyes Rebel Outfit. The damned Master Hunter Challenges are holding me back on Legend of the West Outfit. I don't know how to play Poker and I can't find the damn horse for 'Love is the Opiate'. I'll find the horse and beat the players in Poker eventually. I did it once before too.

After completing Hardcore mode 100%, I'm gonna play Undead Nightmare once again. I didn't 100% it before.

I didn't know how to play poker until I had to bust everyone on the table in Blackwater. I'd probably get my arse kicked in real life, because the ai in the game has exploitable weaknesses. They are very susceptible to bluffing & if you know you have two good cards, like a pair of aces, don't make large raises to start or they'll just fold. You'll know if they have a good hand as they'll make large raises, so just resist the temptation to bluff & just fold. Learn how to cheat while wearing that elegant suit (forgotten the name), as this makes winning hands much easier.

Oh & everytime you go bust, dead eye every remaining player right between the eyes & then reload last save. This alleviates some of the frustration & stops you from smashing your controller to pieces.

Lol I did it by cheating a little with just one person. Got the 100% completion too biggrin.gif

I'm gonna play Undead Nightmare soon. I'll try to 100% it, should be easy considering I achieved 100% twice on the original.

HatlessNebula1
  • HatlessNebula1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

Hello, I have a question about Red Dead Redemption.

I have Xbox 360 and I recently bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition. Now, I have a problem that whenever I enter a Blackwater city riding on my horse faster, the textures of the buildings and roads are very bad and rendering really slow. Some objects are even missing and appear after a while.
I have my Xbox 360 for 2 years now, is it already old? Does anybody have the same problem? I am worried that the GTA V won't run so smoothly and will have similar problems. Thank you for your answers.

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Try installing the discs. That helped me when I had pop in issues.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (HatlessNebula1 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:48)

I have Xbox 360 and I recently bought Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition. Now, I have a problem that whenever I enter a Blackwater city riding on my horse faster, the textures of the buildings and roads are very bad and rendering really slow. Some objects are even missing and appear after a while.
I have my Xbox 360 for 2 years now, is it already old? Does anybody have the same problem? I am worried that the GTA V won't run so smoothly and will have similar problems. Thank you for your answers.

I had the same problem. It's even worse with the standard edition, where the game would freeze if you ride into Blackwater too fast. In the GOTY, the textures go away instead of abruptly f*cking up the whole game. I've had my Xbox 360 since 2010.

I also worry about GTA V having similar problems. Max Payne 3 runs smoothly on my Xbox, though, so I don't think I'll have anything to worry about.

HatlessNebula1
  • HatlessNebula1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:56)
QUOTE (HatlessNebula1 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:48)

I had the same problem. It's even worse with the standard edition, where the game would freeze if you ride into Blackwater too fast. In the GOTY, the textures go away instead of abruptly f*cking up the whole game. I've had my Xbox 360 since 2010.

I also worry about GTA V having similar problems. Max Payne 3 runs smoothly on my Xbox, though, so I don't think I'll have anything to worry about.

Yeah, I haven't got problems with Max Payne 3 neither, but Max Payne is not an open world so..

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Just 1500'd this bitch. Pa-Pa-Pa-Pain the the Ass!

user posted image

Anyone else over here completed this?

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

Frantz, was that a play on the song checkin it out by lil chris. God I wish that dude was dead. lol

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

Nope, it was a play on the hardest achievement in the game, Pa-Pa-Pa-Poker_Ace, which in turn is a play on Lady Gaga's song Poker Face.

This single achievement f*cked me up real good. But I'm glad I've finally finished it. Can't wait to 100% GTA V! biggrin.gif

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 21:31)

user posted image

I'm 9 Achievements away. I gave up on that sh*t... Natural Selection achievement is glitched for me, so I can't get them all even if I wanted to.

Distrom
  • Distrom

Forever Bulking

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 18:34)
QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 21:31)

user posted image

I'm 9 Achievements away. I gave up on that sh*t... Natural Selection achievement is glitched for me, so I can't get them all even if I wanted to.

Are you shure? I also thought it was glitched for a while, until I killed a wild horse (since domestic horses doesn't count for the trophy) did you try that?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 02 July 2013 - 02:04 AM.

I've done that and it didn't unlock. I hear there are sheep in the game, so that's probably the problem. I found one in Multiplayer but never in Single Player.
Hell yeah, I just got it! I just had to find and kill a f*cking duck... I now have every Achievement available from Single Player

I'm also missing the following:
Slow on the Draw - 10g
The mother lode - 20g
Call it a Comeback! - 10g
Pa-Pa-Pa Poker Ace - 10g
Compulsive Liar - 10g
Legion of Boom - 5g (impossible achievement)
Over 9001 - 5g
Kingpin - 10g

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:32 AM

The hardest thing about Unnatural selection for me was finding the snake. I accidentally found it in Torquemada while I was aiming. The reticule kept sticking on the ground.

Tips;

Slow on the Draw - Equip Repeater Carbine, shoot everyone once in the leg and let someone else finish them off.

The Mother Lode - You just have to be good at free aiming. Get a posse of 4 who are all relatively good.

Call It a Comeback! - Just have to get lucky, or get a friend to boost.

Pa-Pa-Pa Poker Ace and Compulsive Liar - I don't even want to talk about these sons of bitches. These alone took me more time than the rest combined.

Legion of Boom - Cannons at Fort Mercer.

Over 9001 - Easy. Pike's Basin.

Kingpin - Again, just have to get lucky.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

Just finished the story of Red Dead Redemption yesterday, I gotta say about the ending. It was rather sad and a complete mystery.

Props to Rockstar for making such, a great video game. I'm simply amazed with the storyline and it's theme as well in fact. I cannot wait to see the next one in the series. smile.gif

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

Ah i miss this game i remember i was in a group called "reign in blood" some years ago, on 360. I still remember my best score in gang shootout.

Good times~

cactus.
  • cactus.

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by TheCacti, 03 July 2013 - 06:03 PM.

PSA:

Triple XP weekend, starting tomorrow

http://www.rockstarg...ead-and-ma.html

edit: If anyone on PS3 wants to clear some gang-hideouts together, feel free to add me: ElCactus. I plan on doing some serious grinding at Pike's Basin. and by "serious" I mean no screwin' around, you damn kids screw around too much..

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm going to try to be on most of the weekend to take advantage of this triple XP. I'm trying to get the zebra icon14.gif

My GT is CBiscuit93 if anyone wants to posse up.

Also could anyone tell me when exactly triple XP will be activated? I live on the East coast, so will it be midnight tonight? Or like 6:00 in the morning??

cactus.
  • cactus.

king sh*t of f*ck mountain

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:57)
Also could anyone tell me when exactly triple XP will be activated? I live on the East coast, so will it be midnight tonight? Or like 6:00 in the morning??

It's live right now, boiii

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (cbiscuit93 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:57)
I'm going to try to be on most of the weekend to take advantage of this triple XP. I'm trying to get the zebra icon14.gif

My GT is CBiscuit93 if anyone wants to posse up.

The triple Xp starts on Friday. I can't wait to start blasting bitches with my Semi-Automatic Pisto. Trying to get it gold. icon14.gif

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

I just got this game yesterday.. My only regret: Not buying it sooner.

Mv6
  • Mv6

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

I'm going to be honest with everyone, I still need 3 more trophies for this game..

monocle.gif angry.gif

Hold your own trophy= come back from a 2-0 deficit.
Poker face trophy

and land grab...

Archvile78
  • Archvile78

Playa

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (Mv6 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 23:17)
I'm going to be honest with everyone, I still need 3 more trophies for this game..

monocle.gif angry.gif

Hold your own trophy= come back from a 2-0 deficit.
Poker face trophy

and land grab...

i know you could boost the hold your own trophy with 1 other person, just gotta let him score 2 bags then he let you score 3 and voila, as for the rest though...

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

I actually did the Call it a Comeback! achievement, but I didn't have the Legends & Killers pack at the time, so no achievement for me... F*cking bullsh*t.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Triple XP the 4th-7th .. so expect me on alittle today and the weekend. I finally moved to legend status last time I played RDR and haven't played since, so this shall help the ranks for sure.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Just played through a few gang hideouts today. They always feel so cinematic, landing a shot actually feels fun every time you do it (without deadeye anyway). I figure I'll try to get those ambient challenges now. Anyone got any tips for the one where you have to kill the cougars with the knife?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 05:43)
Just played through a few gang hideouts today. They always feel so cinematic, landing a shot actually feels fun every time you do it (without deadeye anyway). I figure I'll try to get those ambient challenges now. Anyone got any tips for the one where you have to kill the cougars with the knife?

Zoo, when I did those challenges, particularly that one.. I remember getting a wagon, going to a part of the map where cougars roam and parked it. stay seated, they can't jump up and attack you.. just get on the ground, go for killing one, get back on wagon if you get surrounded. Chances are you'll end up dying anyways, it takes acouple stabs to kill the cougars. But just keep respawning and repeating the process until you finish it.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 05 July 2013 - 05:12 PM.

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 10:43)
Anyone got any tips for the one where you have to kill the cougars with the knife?

There is one very obvious solution to this problem. Should you throw a fire bottle at one of them while riding a carriage the passive damage dealt to them while you fight them will always give you the upper hand, the other thing you should do before it hand is put a few bullets through the cougar first so that they're even weaker when it comes down to battling them with nothing but your knife.

Either that or simply stand in the doorway of cougar woods' cabin, if you don't know what or where cougar woods is don't worry, it's the small cabin just south of the great lake that sits atop Tall Trees. Wait there long enough and you'll notice a fairly substantial amount of cougars start to spawn, luckily for you they have great difficulty making their way through the door frame of the cabin, giving you a lot of easy kills.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users