Photo

Red Dead Redemption General Chat

10,328 replies to this topic
danjodan
  • danjodan

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:01 PM

RDR looked fantastic on 360, I cant imagine how great it would look on a maxed out PC mad.gif

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

Not sure if there's much truth in this, but RDR could be coming to PC on Augast 17th

http://flyfogame.com...11-support.html

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

So again, when do they plan to release stuff to the PC?
Edit: Nevermind.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (II J0SePh X II @ Apr 7 2011, 12:20)
Not sure if there's much truth in this, but RDR could be coming to PC on Augast 17th

http://flyfogame.com...11-support.html

I wouldn't read too much into that. Apparently the story originated from here :-

http://www.gamexeon....an-3d-dx11.html

The important fact about the original story is the date on which it was posted. The website posted the story on 1st April 2011 can anyone think what is special about that date ? Yep it is April fools day, in other words it is an April fools joke.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, and even if it wasn't posted on 1st April the Dx11 and 3D support are an obvious bullsh*t giveaway.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

When you buy the $30 red dead redemption undead nightmare disk, what does it come with?
does it come with undead nightmare AND legands and killers and cheats and liars? or just undead nightmare?
I read on amazon that it came with all the RDR dlc.

can someone help me out? thanks!

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:45 AM

Pretty sure it includes all the RDR DLC, each DLC cost 10$ in the online store.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (M4RK @ Apr 10 2011, 11:39)
When you buy the $30 red dead redemption undead nightmare disk, what does it come with?
does it come with undead nightmare AND legands and killers and cheats and liars? or just undead nightmare?
I read on amazon that it came with all the RDR dlc.

can someone help me out? thanks!

It does Include all the Multiplayer expansion packs, so if you go online with RDR, best to use the Undead Nightmare Disc as all content will be available to you.

foohy
  • foohy

New username. Member since 11/30/'07.

• Members

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

Is the DLC version of Undead Nightmare compatible with the Disc version in multiplayer? Or does it have the same problem as the GTAIV episodes?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (foohy @ Apr 12 2011, 04:07)
Is the DLC version of Undead Nightmare compatible with the Disc version in multiplayer? Or does it have the same problem as the GTAIV episodes?

YES, The Undead Nightmare Disc includes ALL Multiplayer, even standard default from RDR, they made sure they didn't make that mistake again, Undead Nightmare Disc contains all Multiplayer Modes, Add On DLC Modes, Skins, etc, so if you play Multiplayer, it's always best to use the Undead Nightmare Disc as that comes pre-packed with EVERYTHING.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:58 AM

I've been playing RDR for the first time while PSN has been down.

It's pretty awesome. I love the different landscapes.

I've got fame maxed out, it gets a little bit tiring hearing everyone say, Oh hello mr.marston! everywhere I go.
And the amount of bears around Tall Trees is pretty ridiculous.

I've still got about 20% of the storyline to do but it's going well.

Am a bit stuck on -- the knifing 2 cougars challenge
-- f*cking five finger fillet: I have seen the key combos at rdr.net but they're for xbox. I guess I'll try to translate them -- but the whole button pushing thing is tricky - I'm a bit dyslexic like that. Reminds me of the dancing challenges in BoGT, and the Finish Him trophy in GTA4.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ May 4 2011, 01:58)
I've been playing RDR for the first time while PSN has been down.

It's pretty awesome. I love the different landscapes.

I've got fame maxed out, it gets a little bit tiring hearing everyone say, Oh hello mr.marston! everywhere I go.
And the amount of bears around Tall Trees is pretty ridiculous.

I've still got about 20% of the storyline to do but it's going well.

Am a bit stuck on -- the knifing 2 cougars challenge
                          -- f*cking five finger fillet:  I have seen the key combos at rdr.net but they're for xbox. I guess I'll try to translate them -- but the whole button pushing thing is tricky - I'm a bit dyslexic like that.  Reminds me of the dancing challenges in BoGT, and the Finish Him trophy in GTA4.

I've got my fame low tounge.gif It's strange because apparently with high fame you get more random encounters, but my fame is "greenhorn" pretty damned low, and I'm getting loads of them tounge.gif
I've played the entire game with the bandana on to lock my fame and honor.

As for knifing the cougars - get the weakest gun (cattleman?) and shoot their legs. Then knife the c*nts. Same goes for bears - weaken and cripple them first.

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:38 PM

Replaying the story in this game. I had the resolution on my TV set to it's default which is something like 1034x1020. Does the game look better in 720p like IV did or does it look better in 1080p?

What do you guys play it in?

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:39 AM

780p. my flatscreen can't handle 1080p.

I just did the bit where dutch dies. The music video started up but I rode in the wrong direction and ended up near that little log bridge in the north. A bear attacked, I fell off the horse into a ravine. Real smooth

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

Who here plays on Xbox? I loaned my disk out to a friend and my xbox happened to go bellied up during then so I haven't been able to play games since.

Is RDR on xbl still going strong? I've heard alot about how the ps3 communities are kind of dying off but what about on the xbox? I loved rdr multiplayer I could always waste hours on there just roaming around with a posse n whatnot. It'll be kinda disappointing getting a new xbox and the multiplayer scene is empty..

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:50 AM

There are still alot of people playing this game online. It might depend on the times you log on but still, there are enough people out there to mess around with.

Anyone got any hints for the Tripple XP for tonight? As in what are the best hideouts you could do on your own for the quickest and most XP reward. I constantly do Pike Basin but others join in or either f*ck your sh*t up. Not to mention how long it takes to complete it decently.

Also: LOL.

Rockworm
  • Rockworm

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

I intend to play a lot more online as soon as PSN comes back on lol sneaky2.gif

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

As the PC version would probably never come.
What's the cheapest site? (PS3 version, if there are differences)

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 6 2011, 05:50)

Anyone got any hints for the Tripple XP for tonight? As in what are the best hideouts you could do on your own for the quickest and most XP reward. I constantly do Pike Basin but others join in or either f*ck your sh*t up. Not to mention how long it takes to complete it decently.

Also: LOL.

I tend to still use Fort Mercer, or I'll do Tesuro Azul with one or two other people. It's a good hideout to do, pretty relaxing with a friend or two, and yo uget +10 exp for killing hookers. icon14.gif

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:11 AM

Oh I thought you only get massive "Bonus XP" for keeping the hookers alive in Tesoro Azul? But ok thanks for the hints I'll do those then.

Fort Mercer is indeed also a fun one to do. I'll check the map out later when I'm back from work and start farming my XP then. Would be nice if I got from 44 to 50 (and pass onto Legendary aswell) biggrin.gif .

Also anyone experienced issues with the achievement be 'most wanted', having a bounty of 1000 (or more), surviving 10 minutes with it and escaping (and losing your bounty/most wanted status? I pulled it off in Blackwater one time, escaped alive and didn't get the achievement sad.gif .

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 6 2011, 11:11)
Also anyone experienced issues with the achievement be 'most wanted', having a bounty of 1000 (or more), surviving 10 minutes with it and escaping (and losing your bounty/most wanted status? I pulled it off in Blackwater one time, escaped alive and didn't get the achievement sad.gif .

I don't think there is any problems regarding glitches to that achievement that i know of. Silly question but are you sure it was in a public session?

That was a right pain in the arse to get for me, every attempt had at least one person coming for me, it's not even worth going out of your way to kill the most wanted, you still only get about 10xp for the kill. Sitting on the roof of that Blackwater building i did get killed by some awesome shots, sniped from miles away and someone lobbed a stick of dynamite at me from across the town on another building.

I've just jumped back into this for the first time in months, started through the singleplayer again.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

I went to a big-ass, ol' times farm with my class yesterday, despite the idea appeared to me as boring as hell, it was all good, and plus, I left the place with an enormous need to get to play RDR. The problem is, I kinda co-own the copy with my big bro, who's just playing through the game again, so I've got to wait.

Anyways, the trip to the farm showed me how well has Rockstar designed the in-game farms.

paul
  • paul

We can do this the easy way or the Yard way

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (fullmetal @ May 6 2011, 06:50)

Pike's Basin and Twin Rocks are the best (switch up when you start to get really bored of one hideout)

If you do hideouts in expert aim you'll have alot more fun, believe me.
I did from 1st legend to 5th legend all in expert aim, and I've managed to complete Pike much faster than many casual aim guys.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2011 - 07:39 AM

Pretty much always play Hardcore and never do aim assist in any game...

Yes it was in a public game. Ah well I'll have to try it again.

Had alot of fun with the tripple XP, just hope there are more times of Tripple XP (and preferrably not so late). Did Pike's Basin and Tesoro Azul alot. The last one is alot of fun to do on your own I must admit. Boosted up to level 47 (shamefully not 50). Those last 10 levels are a bitch... massive XP needed to 'rank up'.

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:14 PM

Bumpity motherf*cking bump, bitches. Playing RDR for the first time in months, well, can't even tell you how great does it feel, look, sound, everything is just... Ahh man, how much I used to love this game.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Yeah it is great to get back into it for the first time ages, as i mentioned in the LA Noire topic, just recently completed the story again....and of course playing the ending again cryani.gif .

And also reminding me of how annoying a certain someone is: CUMON, CUMON. WERK YA DAM NAG!!!!!!!!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

Every time I see this topic bumped together with "for PC gamers" topic I get aroused for a split second. f*ck you guys.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ May 16 2011, 22:23)
Every time I see this topic bumped together with "for PC gamers" topic I get aroused for a split second. f*ck you guys.

Felt the same a few minutes ago.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ May 16 2011, 22:25)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ May 16 2011, 22:23)

Felt the same a few minutes ago.

The moral of the story is: Hope is for losers.

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:29 PM

Anyone able to successfully play this online on PS3 since PSN has been back? Mine just endlessly loads...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users