290 replies to this topic
matan050
  • matan050

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (cHA0s184 @ Feb 4 2009, 12:14)
QUOTE (sjaak327 @ Feb 4 2009, 12:06)
I'm betting it's a patch to fix the missing hotdog vendors, or to make the clock work or something smile.gif

that would be poor because in my opinion there are several issues that need to be fixed. nervous.gif

YES LIKE MY f*ckING FPS.

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Feb 4 2009, 22:04)
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Feb 4 2009, 21:24)
I dont understand why Rockstart is being so low key about it. They never said anything about the last patch.
I am sure they are sick of all the people complaining and trolling about how bad rockstart sucks. If they told us and kept us up to date I am sure if would make more of us more happy.
If they care about us why dont they give us updates on what their doing??

Because you, and some of the "fans" here are pretty much idiots.

My reason on why I'm saying this is because they (R*) said that GTA IV's support will not stop for a long time. So this means patches will be released, and when a new Grand Theft Auto episode is out, I'm pretty sure they'll continue this tradition and move on to that specific GTA. This makes it obvious that they will fix those bugs through patches.

IMO, it's not really important to know what they are working on. Simply because if they say something about which isn't currently confirmed (so it won't make it to the final patch, only to a later one), everyone is going to be f*cking crazy about it. smile.gif

Simply put, this is their strategy, which is a big enhancement if you look at GTA's of the past. They only released ONE patch which didn't solve every problem. But now, they are continuosly releasing these fixes.

Well,i wouldn't exactly say they are releasing "fixes".They are releasing 'something'.A patch that causes more problems than it solves shouldn't have the name "fix".But yes,i am happy too that they are really trying to make a patch to solve these problems.I'm not sure that all of the listed things will be corrected,but hopefully the bigger problems(missing things,memory issues,independence FM,CTD's)will belong to the past once the latest "fix" hits the net.I remember something that Katt Williams once said and perfectly fits this situation:

"At least if you're stupid,you should try!" -Well R*'s tryin' alright.Go R*!"Fix" GTAIV for us!

ron123
  • ron123

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (matan050 @ Feb 4 2009, 22:40)
I'm betting it's a patch to fix the missing hotdog vendors, or to make the clock work or something smile.gif

that would be poor because in my opinion there are several issues that need to be fixed. nervous.gif

YES LIKE MY f*ckING FPS.

I can't believe they can add more frames to the game, to do so they really can need to change the rage rngine which is too much work, however they can create more stable framerates and have better rendering and memory save optimization.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (ron123 @ Feb 5 2009, 04:22)
QUOTE (matan050 @ Feb 4 2009, 22:40)

YES LIKE MY f*ckING FPS.

I can't believe they can add more frames to the game, to do so they really can need to change the rage rngine which is too much work, however they can create more stable framerates and have better rendering and memory save optimization.

...or just take out an island. INSTANT FPS GAIN!

tounge.gif

HotDogBun
  • HotDogBun

The Way, The Truth, & The Light

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

FIX MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!

babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:09 PM

I have Aborted from playing this game.

It is just a Ridiculous Port!

NO WAY Does it deserve game of the Year!

NO WAY!

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Dcrysis02 @ Feb 4 2009, 22:50)
QUOTE (MasterK @ Feb 4 2009, 22:04)
QUOTE (YoungGun @ Feb 4 2009, 21:24)
I dont understand why Rockstart is being so low key about it. They never said anything about the last patch.
I am sure they are sick of all the people complaining and trolling about how bad rockstart sucks. If they told us and kept us up to date I am sure if would make more of us more happy.
If they care about us why dont they give us updates on what their doing??

Because you, and some of the "fans" here are pretty much idiots.

My reason on why I'm saying this is because they (R*) said that GTA IV's support will not stop for a long time. So this means patches will be released, and when a new Grand Theft Auto episode is out, I'm pretty sure they'll continue this tradition and move on to that specific GTA. This makes it obvious that they will fix those bugs through patches.

IMO, it's not really important to know what they are working on. Simply because if they say something about which isn't currently confirmed (so it won't make it to the final patch, only to a later one), everyone is going to be f*cking crazy about it. smile.gif

Simply put, this is their strategy, which is a big enhancement if you look at GTA's of the past. They only released ONE patch which didn't solve every problem. But now, they are continuosly releasing these fixes.

Well,i wouldn't exactly say they are releasing "fixes".They are releasing 'something'.A patch that causes more problems than it solves shouldn't have the name "fix".But yes,i am happy too that they are really trying to make a patch to solve these problems.I'm not sure that all of the listed things will be corrected,but hopefully the bigger problems(missing things,memory issues,independence FM,CTD's)will belong to the past once the latest "fix" hits the net.I remember something that Katt Williams once said and perfectly fits this situation:

"At least if you're stupid,you should try!" -Well R*'s tryin' alright.Go R*!"Fix" GTAIV for us!

And you know what's funny? The CTD's and other non-gameplay related problems can be solved by ATI and NVidia too. Their latest drivers either make the game run better without crashes, or makes it impossible to be played on a system which previously was capable to run this game just fine, with good FPS and no problems.

So IMO this isn't just Rockstar's fault. NVidia and ATI has a big part in GTA IV's problems and I go as far to say that the most of these problems came from the stupid "NVidia optimization" sh*t.

If they'd work with different hardwares properly and not just choose one developer (Like every mofo developer does nowadays), they'd have less problems for sure. Because it would mean more optimization. Not to mention how ATI is getting better and better, and it isn't as expensive as Nvidia.

I'm not a fanboy, just saying that if software developers would try to develop their games and other stuff properly, and not just throw out some sh*t for their fanbase, we could have a good gaming experience.

And just to let you know, not only GTA IV has these kind of problems. It started when they (not rockstar) released Far Cry back then... icon13.gif

MrNoHelp
  • MrNoHelp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

I hope the new patch will fix some of the mess done by the previous patches and fix some old problems, especially lagging problems.

They might release Lost and Damned for PC someday in the future (I hope) and probably fix those issues, because, some games that I have played, when I included an expansion, some issues from the main game were fixed.

I think we will get more than one patch in the future for this game. I hope that R* learned that releasing a game without proper beta testing will sure make lots of complications in the future and keep reprogramming the same game over again (think of time consuming additional programming to fix this mess) instead of developing another game titles. In other words, now they are spending lots of time and dealing with old issues that should already been fixed in the game in the first place for two months already instead of working on future plans.

Here is the logic:

Properly developed and beta-tested game: A playable game and maybe two patches to fix some minor problems

Typically released game -> fix some bugs -> time dedication for the game completetion is over

Lack of beta-testing a releasing the game ASAP: Almost to never playable game that needs series of patches, which are time consuming to release and fix the game, and will cause LOT of headaches for consumers and producers.

Very buggy released game -> fix serious issues -> need more time dedication to fix the problems -> fix another issues -> new problems appeared we need more time -> fix some bugs -> still some problems that has not been fixed and then the higher ups of the gaming company would say "it has been half a year and we still haven't been able to fix problems related with this game? What the heck is the developing team doing? Playing Mah-jong?"

or in a game situation:
Fully trained soldiers: Enemies are defeated easily with some minor injuries

Fresh recruits in the front line: Constant back ups to deal with the enemies due to the lack of skills of the soldiers, lots of seriously wounded soldiers and causalities and generals in command saying "we should have full trained our soldiers before sending them to the battlefield"

Feel free to read about my other opinion regarding R* situation in my point of view:
http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058933388

eagle016
  • eagle016

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:48 AM

And after 1.0.3.0 they will be working on another one... what's the point of this thread? And the "source" is some random guy that *claims* that he got sent a no-CD crack from SecuRom?

miarkus
  • miarkus

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:14 AM

my aunt's grandma's dog's colleague heard that someday some company would like to start working on something similar to patch for some game like gta iv

SickBoy254698
  • SickBoy254698

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (eagle016 @ Feb 5 2009, 05:48)
And after 1.0.3.0 they will be working on another one... what's the point of this thread? And the "source" is some random guy that *claims* that he got sent a no-CD crack from SecuRom?

He did get sent a no-CD crack from SecuRom. He did or someone else did. I downloaded it about 3 days ago. Its a replacement for the LaunchGTAIV.exe file and it works just fine. Unfortunately, Rockstar found out and pulled the links. I mean, God forbid they actually help us out here.

FYI - Game still crashes with my new GTX 285 but no missing textures. It has done this twice. Both times during MP.

stevvie
  • stevvie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:28 AM

I hope it's a ptch to actually fix things, rather thang repair what they broke with the last patch. If not then Rockstar will become the new ATI only fixing things they broke in the first place and still leaving you with the original bugs. But only time will tell.

ZaCkOX
  • ZaCkOX

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:30 AM

Here you go Rockstar! My application.

*Rockstar: Reviews the application only to find that I signed my name.

WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME ROCKSTAR!!!!??? devil.gif DO I NOT HAVE THE QUALITIES NEEDED TO DO YOUR JOB!!!! suicidal.gif

*Rockstar reply: We needed your phone number.

PyRRhUs77
  • PyRRhUs77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:57 AM Edited by PyRRhUs77, 05 February 2009 - 12:57 PM.

I would like to see two new shortcut one to multiplayer and one to the editor. Donīt get me wrong I like the cellphone but to be forced to start the singleplayer just to use the cellphone to "dial" to multiplayer is a pain in the .... biggrin.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (PyRRhUs77 @ Feb 5 2009, 09:57)
I would like to see two new shortcut one to multiplayer and one to the editor. Donīt get me wrong I like the cellphone but to be force to start the singleplayer just to use the cellphone to "dial" to multiplayer is a pain in the ....  biggrin.gif

Yes, the game is a console port. Consoles don't have shortcuts, so why should we have them?

chngdman
  • chngdman

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:38 AM Edited by chngdman, 05 February 2009 - 08:43 AM.

This game is not a port. The PC version was built by itself just like the PS3 version and the XBox360 version were built by themselves. There is data that is common between all systems, that doesn't mean it's a port. Just because they got paid to only support the 360 pad and to use Live (which easily gets built into windows live instead of 360 live) doesn't mean it's a port. If anything, more arguments made to prove it is a port re not even port arguments, but emulation arguments, and I'm sure anyone can see emulation is not used...

Sorry, but it needs to be said: GTA IV PC is not a frikken port...

The MP control module might be a port (after all, Live is designed to be back-port-able...) and the controls may be back ported (again, designed to do that as the 360 is based on Windows control sets) but the whole game is not a port - just certain modules - and you cant even CALL them ports, because it is really a backwards compatibility by Microsoft... If anything, 360 games are ALL ports by any logic that would state IV was a port to PC...

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (chngdman @ Feb 5 2009, 08:38)
This game is not a port. The PC version was built by itself just like the PS3 version and the XBox360 version were built by themselves. There is data that is common between all systems, that doesn't mean it's a port. Just because they got paid to only support the 360 pad and to use Live (which easily gets built into windows live instead of 360 live) doesn't mean it's a port. If anything, more arguments made to prove it is a port re not even port arguments, but emulation arguments, and I'm sure anyone can see emulation is not used...

So IMO this isn't just Rockstar's fault. NVidia and ATI has a big part in GTA IV's problems and I go as far to say that the most of these problems came from the stupid "NVidia optimization" sh*t.

Then i must be going blind.I never saw the "Saving.Please do not turn off your machine while the game is saving." sign in any built from ground up,or PC exclusive games.

Yeah the "NVidia optimization" was no optimization.Yes,the game would start on Nvidia cards but that's about it.Both brands had/has problems running this "demanding" game.But we still don't know what makes this game so demanding..

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Dcrysis02 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:53)
Then i must be going blind.I never saw the "Saving.Please do not turn off your machine while the game is saving." sign in any built from ground up,or PC exclusive games.

Or those nice xbox images all over the menus.

PC build, give us a break, will you?

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:01)
QUOTE (Dcrysis02 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:53)

Or those nice xbox images all over the menus.

PC build, give us a break, will you?

OR PS3 version leftovers.

Riiiight.

PyRRhUs77
  • PyRRhUs77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (mkey82 @ Feb 5 2009, 08:19)
I would like to see two new shortcut one to multiplayer and one to the editor. Donīt get me wrong I like the cellphone but to be force to start the singleplayer just to use the cellphone to "dial" to multiplayer is a pain in the ....  biggrin.gif

Yes, the game is a console port. Consoles don't have shortcuts, so why should we have them?

Well I would like to have them. wink.gif

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (PyRRhUs77 @ Feb 5 2009, 14:59)
QUOTE (mkey82 @ Feb 5 2009, 08:19)

Well I would like to have them. wink.gif

You are a mere PC gamer and by that you shall suffer a shortcutless existence. At least as far as R* is concerned.

MP5
  • MP5

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:48 PM

Reminds me of the headlight bug in the PC version of GTA3. I'm still waiting for a fix for it, mind you.

Pixelated
  • Pixelated

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:32 PM

And to add the ultra modern anti-aliasing technique to further future proof GTA IV because we'll still be playing it in another 10 years.

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:39 PM

Well, I bet there are more missing objects confused.gif
Because the consoles (correct my empty head if Im wrong)
have no AA, there will be definitley NO AA and DX10 support.
Well, the patch1 solves the online supports like the logging/off/on
and support for X1900 and 7900 series cards

Patch2 added more support for the gamepads and added
more graphical settings.

Patch3, unknown

ZaCkOX
  • ZaCkOX

Peon

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (chngdman @ Feb 5 2009, 08:38)

The MP control module might be a port (after all, Live is designed to be back-port-able...) and the controls may be back ported (again, designed to do that as the 360 is based on Windows control sets) but the whole game is not a port - just certain modules - and you cant even CALL them ports, because it is really a backwards compatibility by Microsoft... If anything, 360 games are ALL ports by any logic that would state IV was a port to PC...

You identified what a port is, how nice. Great to know this game is a port after all.

3volution
  • 3volution

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (GTA_XP @ Feb 5 2009, 15:39)

more graphical settings.

Patch3, unknown

I think GTA IV supports DX10 or it will support it with a patch...look here:
user posted image

Frostshocker
  • Frostshocker

The winter GTA-man

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (3volution @ Feb 5 2009, 17:04)
QUOTE (GTA_XP @ Feb 5 2009, 15:39)

more graphical settings.

Patch3, unknown

I think GTA IV supports DX10 or it will support it with a patch...look here:
user posted image

i think that reffers to the type of card not the rendering of DX10

for instance something like ATI 38XX or above would be classed as a ATI_DX10 card

babarian225
  • babarian225

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:28 PM

But How is this Game of the year 2008?

The Unlimited Problems this Game bring Cancels out any goodness!

Reviewers have to think more seriously before rating games.... Else this will certainly carry on and on and on!

Assassins Creed is PC Game of the Year 2008

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (babarian225 @ Feb 6 2009, 00:28)
But How is this Game of the year 2008?

The Unlimited Problems this Game bring Cancels out any goodness!

Reviewers have to think more seriously before rating games.... Else this will certainly carry on and on and on!

Assassins Creed is PC Game of the Year 2008

Please tell me how any of your posts are relevant to this topic ? Last time I checked this topic was NOT about "whether GTA 4 should be game of the year or not". If you have nothing of relevance and ON TOPIC to say then don't say anything in this thread.

ZaCkOX
  • ZaCkOX

Peon

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:22 AM

I think Rockstar needs to focus on the most common bug complaints. Get out the worst and then move from there.

Minor bug since day 1: Can't break tires and swift turn like the xbox 360 version. People claim this is the keyboard with ghosting, but how can it be ghosting when you see the tires turn and the car doesn't?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users