[REL|GTAIV] VehicleSelector

295 replies to this topic
crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (gta-man22 @ Jun 22 2009, 09:31)
i cant get this to work, and i have trainers that work, maybe this dont work in 1.3?

um, the link for version 1.3 isn't here. check my signature for the link.

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

Wanted Level: ★★★★★

• Members
  • None
  • Best Video 2012 [GTA V Trailer with Niko, Luis and Johnny]

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

This mod is awesome!

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:25 PM Edited by Teo265, 24 June 2009 - 01:41 PM.

Co6alt, i have a huge problem: I can't see my cursor in the selector! Can anyone help?

Please answer! cryani.gif

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Teo265 @ Jun 24 2009, 13:25)
Co6alt, i have a huge problem: I can't see my cursor in the selector! Can anyone help?

Please answer! cryani.gif

I got same problem sad.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

Who cant see the cursor

What resolution do you run in?
Do you ever see it?
Is it totaly invisibil?
what other mods do you run?
Are you talking about VS V1.4?

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:14 PM Edited by Teo265, 24 June 2009 - 02:18 PM.

1. I use Vehicle Selector v1.4, and i have GTA v1.0.4.0.
2. My resolution is 1680 x 1050
3. It is completely invisible
4. Only .asi mods i use are Awwu's InGame Trainer 1.9.0 and Vehicle Selector, of course

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

I think i know the problem here. Ill make an update shortly.

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:24 PM

What resolution do you run in? 1280x1024
Do you ever see it? I saw cursor in version 1.0.3 but now it's totally invisible.
Is it totaly invisibil? Yes
what other mods do you run? I tested it without any other mods but I still didn't see cursor.
Are you talking about VS V1.4? Yes

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

Thank you Jantsu92 and Teo265 for reporting the bug.
An update is now in the first post that fixes the issue.

V1.41

JANTSUU
  • JANTSUU

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:41 PM

It works now! Thanks!

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:47 PM

There are still issues with saving cars and using the algonquin safe house.
I wanted to try to resolve these problems before this release but at least for now its good for 1.0.4.0.
I did add an undocumented feature which is blips for saved cars.
Blips can be enabled in the body shop menu.
When enabled you can see your cars on the map represented by a blip in its major color.
If you hold your cursor over the blip you can see the name of the vehicle.
You can disable the blips once again in the body shop menu.
The button is a toggle.

Josheh
  • Josheh

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (WolvenWolf @ May 25 2009, 23:00)
Wow sweet mod Cobalt.
I was thinking, in order to make it more realistic, when you press the trigger key, you choose and mod and buy your vehicle just like the actual mod, but instead of getting it inmediately, you have to pick it up in some place... Like "your vehicle is ready, come pick it up whenever you want". Boats in docks, helis in a heliport, cars in grotti, stuff like that.
Just an idea. Best way to spend the money icon14.gif

Wow this is an awesome idea....

How hard would it be to impliament that ?

I'd love to actually after buying your car them giving you an estimated time until your cars done "5 in game hours? / More?" And then you get an SMS saying your vehicles ready and you can go pick it up, Now THAT is awesome....

I'd love to see that in this mod.

vivecs
  • vivecs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Will this mod works with 1.0.3.0 version of gta4? And how exactly can i use the mod? Just by pressing F4? I asked because it tried it and it doesn't worked. confused.gif

I wont update my game until the promising 1.0.5 update is here, im still using the 1.0.3.0 version sigh.gif

mark008
  • mark008

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Josheh @ Jul 18 2009, 14:44)
QUOTE (WolvenWolf @ May 25 2009, 23:00)
Wow sweet mod Cobalt.
I was thinking, in order to make it more realistic, when you press the trigger key, you choose and mod and buy your vehicle just like the actual mod, but instead of getting it inmediately, you have to pick it up in some place... Like "your vehicle is ready, come pick it up whenever you want". Boats in docks, helis in a heliport, cars in grotti, stuff like that.
Just an idea. Best way to spend the money icon14.gif

Wow this is an awesome idea....

How hard would it be to impliament that ?

I'd love to actually after buying your car them giving you an estimated time until your cars done "5 in game hours? / More?" And then you get an SMS saying your vehicles ready and you can go pick it up, Now THAT is awesome....

I'd love to see that in this mod.

fantastic idea, theres "Docks" where you probably can find opened garage where car could appear after SMS message "You'r car is ready" from Unknown/Private Number? and near that docks there could be somewhere place for a boat spawn, and Helicopter only at Airport, which you can get later when open that island(or maybe some locations which has H landing). the rare'r car you wanna buy, longer u have to wait to get it, and maybe if its tuned with bulletproof and other things, then it should increase waiting time too (cause its a big work to do). what ya guys think about my little opinion? ^^

Teo265
  • Teo265

Perfectionist

• Members

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:26 PM

I know that this sounds crazy, but i hope that you would make one extra release: everything is free! biggrin.gif

CHARLES007
  • CHARLES007

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

hey
I have a problem
Whenever I buy a car
and left it in the car parks or the street

Then back to savehouse and save

After save the game I find that my cars are disappear
I go to that street which i left the cars
my cars are not there

I think its a bug so i report to you

PLZ fix this bug
THZ

Gokaic
  • Gokaic

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 12:46 AM Edited by Gokaic, 03 August 2009 - 04:11 AM.

Hey, I just want to let you know that this mod is great, and is a perfect compliment to HippieCommunist's Robbery Mod.

Alright, I found out what my issue was, and fixed it. I had accidentally saved mod version 1.3 as 1.31 without realizing it, so I was dealing with bugs already fixed. After looking all over the internet, I found it on a Russian site:
http://www.playground.moo/cheats/20505/

I am now able to save the game and have my cars saved, and it won't crash when exiting. I kept my old issue down below for those that are having similar issues to look at and see if this helps you.

QUOTE (OLD INFORMATION! PROBLEM SOLVED! I'm keeping this for others to see my mistake and hopefully learn from it!)

That said, I'm having a few issues with this mod.

I'm using 1.31 as my game is only patched to 1.0.3 at the moment.

I have bodyguard mod, robbery mod, prison mod, noose mod, side mission mod, and this mod installed.

My first issue is that when I go into the car buying menu, whenever I click/press a button using the mouse, I end up punching or shooting outside of the mod. I've come back from messing with cars to find piles of bodies at my feet(which is pretty funny).

Second is the saving issue. When I leave a car in places, the cars stay for my entire play session, but when I save and reload the game, those cars are all gone, including the ones I place on sidewalks, in parking spaces, and in the saved parking spaces in front of Niko's homes.

Last issue is that I seem to get a crash to desktop whenever I exit the game. I'm going to try this with all mods but this disabled and edit in my issues. If that doesn't work, then I'll bit the bullet and patch the game to 1.0.4 and this mod to 1.41 and see if that fixes my issue.

Edit: I deleted all other mods, and now only use this one, with the same issues. In the game folder, I found VehicleSelector.txt with the following:

CODE
VehicleSelector.txt
Log start: Sun Aug 02 20:17:15 2009
-----------------------------------------------
[INFO] GTA IV Script Hook 0.3.0- Unsanctioned - Initialized
[INFO] Process base address: 0x990000
[INFO] Using game version 1.0.1
[INFO] Awaiting game thread creation
[INFO] [VehicleSelector] Thread Terminated

Again, this mod is one of the better ones I've seen and played with, as I love being able to actually buy cars. I hope that you continue working on this mod as this really makes the game so much more fun to me.

A few things I'd like to see with this mod if you are looking for suggestions of what could be added:

The ability to go into one of the auto shops and buy cars specific to those shops, and added areas such as a police station for the police vehicles, and the docks for boats, etc.

Another possibility would be to add a timer before the car is ready for pick up, depending on how many features are added to the car.

And my last idea would be to add a body shop type area where you could bring the car to fix it or add components for a price above what it would have been to add that component straight from the factory. For example, you buy a car but don't get run flat tires. The tires would cost $1500 if you got them from the dealer, but from the body shop it would cost $1750.

I love adding realism, and I am with you in believing that this shouldn't be just a trainer, as I won't use a mod that gives the game an "I Win button."

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

I know this might seem like a silly question. But how do i install this mod? I mean where do i put the files, Because i looked through this thread and have found no description for installation. Not even in the readme.txt.

The mod looks awesome btw, i would really like to have it in my game.

Luc 12345678
  • Luc 12345678

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

You first need to download an AsiLoader like this one:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=380830 - By Alexander Blade.

There are more, but this is the one I use, if you want another Asiloader:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=394806 - By HazardX.

And

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=388658 - By Listener - This is Xliveless, but it will give you no online support.

Then you place the Asiloader, for Alexanders B's one: Dsound.dll for example, in your GTA IV directory.

Then you download the mod you want to use, in this case: Vehicle Selector 1.41 - By C06alt.

Place this also in your GTA IV directory.

Ingame you need to press F4 twice to get into the menu, it might be that some other mods using the same key may conflict, and result in not opening the menu, like I had using Sjaak327's Simple Native Trainer, all you need to do to change the hotkey in vehicle selector.ini, or in the other trainer.

To uninstall, you just have to remove the files.

Hope this helps. wink.gif

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:06 PM Edited by DuPz0r, 03 August 2009 - 08:36 PM.

Thanks Luc. I tried Alexander's Asilaoder, and my game wouldn't even run. I have no other mods apart from skins and vehicle changes. I then tried Hazard's loader. This one loads ok, but when i double press F4 nothing happens. Do i need to find the right versions to match up or something? I patched my copy of GTAIV when i first installed it, but i don't know what version it is... can i find that out somehow?

I noticed the GTAIV modding community is a lot smaller than the in old GTA modding days. It's a lot harder to find out how to get a-hold of all the right tools.

Anyway, thanks again.

/Edit

Don't worry. I have fixed the problem. I went to the GTAIV website and downloaded the latest patch and now it works fine. XD Silly me!

YAY. This is so cool btw i love it.

DerDodga
  • DerDodga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

I have one question for you? How do you get the cars prize/value out of the handling.cfg i guess? or do you made a list with all cars? i would like to make car-dependant rewards for my car-sell mod, but i dont want to create a car database for that wink.gif

Greetz derDodga

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:00 AM

There is a command to get the value of a car as set by R*

CODE
GetCarModelValue(Model, &Value);

Its used in the stealing car missions.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 August 2009 - 09:27 AM Edited by silvermanblue, 05 August 2009 - 11:14 AM.

awesome mod and quite stable

EDIT. I got about ten cars saved and they all vanished, except for the first one I made with the vehicle selector. My gta is patched and im using the most recent asi loader. I also bedsaved before I lost them.

DerDodga
  • DerDodga

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

Great just what i need right when i need it wink.gif Thanks for the quick reply!

Greetz derDodga

iEnemY66
  • iEnemY66

pwn scripter

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

this mod compatible with all mods? my cars vanish some times sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif i have .net Tuning mod and some robery mods, where the problem? (GTA 4, 4 patch, XLess asi loader 0.97, script hook 0.3.0)

manx2007
  • manx2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:31 AM Edited by manx2007, 13 August 2009 - 08:38 AM.

-Your mod is the best!!! -Great mod!!!

-i have one minor problem wit this mod!-if i start "Crime & Punishment" in my car (bought) ,after i finish the mission ,no longer have that car or in "Easy Fare" i have a car parked in front of pay n spray ,after i finished the mission ,car disappeared.-may be more missions that create such problems, i don t know!

-and i have a proposal! -In this mod ,we can buy cars anywhere!-you can buy a car from the auto shop,not anywhere!-one or two places for each island where i can buy cars, i don t know, i think it would seem more real.

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

iEnemY66
  • iEnemY66

pwn scripter

• Members

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

man, why you not fix car vanish problem? sad.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

Support for patch 5 has been added and the link is in the first post.

crevlthe
  • crevlthe

Hello there.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2009 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Dec 3 2009, 06:18)
Support for patch 5 has been added and the link is in the first post.

wah hey, nice work Cobalt!

WolvenWolf
  • WolvenWolf

OMG They killed Kenny!

• Members

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:53 PM

I vote for the suggestion ppl have made before. Instead of pressing a key, player should be able to get a car FROM a shop, like from Grotti or the bike shop in north alderney. I bet If you work with endosan and his Car Shop Mod, you two could create a perfect mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users