[REL|GTAIV] VehicleSelector

295 replies to this topic
GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Lighting @ Feb 4 2009, 20:52)
I dont found tug boat in this shop, can you add all vehicles?

LOL?

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:39 AM

This mod is truly mindblowing. Just loaded it up and can't believe what you've done. I would love to know the technical details of how you achieved all this.. All all the menu's etc built using DX hooks etc? Love how you've worked out how to spawn the Grotti showroom without all the other objects in it and jump straight it for the vehicle selection - amazing.

The only thing which the other guy mentioned is having to buy the vehicles. I haven't got enough cash for more than one sports car and would prefer it if I didnt have to use a trainer and affect my current save position money wise. Any chance you could make a free version? This is the ultimate tool for movie makers - very exciting. I made a Sultan RS which looks like a very cool A-Team sports car.. lol.

Your mod just keep on getting better and better.. cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

HippieCommunist
  • HippieCommunist

PWR2DPPL

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

no really dude... this is a giant step forward!

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

CHARLES007
  • CHARLES007

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

great job

is it support 1.0.2 version?

Pandur
  • Pandur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:51 AM

is it support 1.0.2 version?

Yes, it is.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:18 AM Edited by C06alt, 05 February 2009 - 05:30 AM.

Thanks everyone for all your kind comments.

@CHARLES007 This is only for version 1.02

Tug boat is there in boats section but for some reason the name is invisible on the list. To select it click the space after the last boats name for now.
There is a spawn system for boats it trys to find water near you and put the boat in it but sometimes it will put you in strange places if you are not near water.
If you are standing on a shoreline when you press buy it will work 99% of the time.

Prices are set by rockstar as they use the price in the car configs, the body and protection mods cost are based off the flat value of the vehicle.
If someone wanted to buy cheep cars but not train in money the should edit the value of the car in the gta configs.
I suggest a minimum of 1 dollar or there might be problems.
You can do this with an ide editor or even notepad.
This is a mod and i believe mods should at least try to merge with the reality of the game world unless its a tc otherwise its a trainer imo.
So the prices stay.
Your lucky i didn't make you have to go to grotti. devil.gif

A basic tutorial of saving:
Set the car up as you like it
Before pressing the buy button on the main screen press save.
Click a slot on the bar that looks like this "---".

Loading is the same but click the load button.

Each time you save a car template a file for that slot is created or updated in your gtaiv dir. vs0.sav is the first slot file for instance.
If it does not save this could be a vista issue and allowing programs to create files in folders under the program files directory.
I know nothing about vista but maybe you need to set some permissions somehow in the case of save failure.
Unlike gtaiv saves theres no problem sharing your save setups with other players.

About the sound I will look into this I'm pretty sure it can be fixed I think I know the problem here. Its a priority but id like to find more bugs before i update.
If you notice any bugs let me know here and ill check it out for the next version sound fix.
If you see a jumbo jet fly through the showroom. This is a bug doesn't need reporting and wasn't meant to offend anyone. cry.gif
No DX hooks were used in the production of this mod, all GTAIV Script natives.

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 5 2009, 05:18)

No DX hooks were used in the production of this mod, all GTAIV Script natives.

Excellent smile.gif

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

i dont know why...and how, but this mod changes the "level of detail" which oyu can edit in the graphicsmenu.
I edited the rage_postfx, so it doesnt blur the buildings infront of me. But when I start the mod, the blur is all over there smile.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (diboze @ Feb 5 2009, 08:29)
i dont know why...and how, but this mod changes the "level of detail" which oyu can edit in the graphicsmenu.
I edited the rage_postfx, so it doesnt blur the buildings infront of me. But when I start the mod, the blur is all over there smile.gif

does pressing p make a difference? I did do some stuff with depth of field but it didn't have any effect unless i pressed p before I use the mod.
In either case noted and will be fixed.

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

After I installed your mod, cars stopped making sounds when they crashed. icon13.gif

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:10 AM

does pressing p make a difference? I did do some stuff with depth of field but it didn't have any effect unless i pressed p before I use the mod.
In either case noted and will be fixed.

i have the blur-effect enabled by default. Everything looks ok. But when I go to the car-selector everything becomes blurry and keeps being blurry until i press p.

After I installed your mod, cars stopped making sounds when they crashed.

yes, i dont have have carsounds either. If you fix these issues, I would be a nice Mod smile.gif - But this way its kind of annoying

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 5 2009, 05:18)
Prices are set by rockstar as they use the price in the car configs, the body and protection mods cost are based off the flat value of the vehicle.
If someone wanted to buy cheep cars but not train in money the should edit the value of the car in the gta configs.
I suggest a minimum of 1 dollar or there might be problems.
You can do this with an ide editor or even notepad.
This is a mod and i believe mods should at least try to merge with the reality of the game world unless its a tc otherwise its a trainer imo.
So the prices stay.
Your lucky i didn't make you have to go to grotti. devil.gif

Hi C06alt,

I can certainly see where your coming from on this, but I still personally see this as a trainer as it's allowing you to get cars you couldn't normally get. I will therefore not use it during single player.
However, it is absolutely sensational for movie making as it will allow me to fully customise the vehicles I want to use.

With that in mind to have to earn the money to use the tool is quite limiting if you just want to make movies. In there any chance you could build in a free settings via a config file or something? A 'movie mode' if you will.. wink.gif

I am still amazed by this though.. Fantastic tool, brilliantly executed..

I just wish you would take us through how you built that menu system at some point.. I know I'm hoping for a lot.. lol.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:51 AM

If its just for making movies disconnect and trainer money off line and don't save or adjust the value in the configs like i mentioned before. smile.gif

V1.1 is now available and fixes blur and sound issues in the first post.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 5 2009, 11:51)
If its just for making movies disconnect and trainer money off line and don't save or adjust the value in the configs like i mentioned before. smile.gif

V1.1 is now available and fixes blur and sound issues in the first post.

Right so I can just use a trainer to boost money for the particular times I'm 'shooting' scenes..

Will do that then..

I'm still waiting for that 'how I built this amazing mod' programming tutorial.. biggrin.gif

user21043
  • user21043

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

Thanks you, it's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dvt-MedShot
  • Dvt-MedShot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (Diaz070 @ Feb 4 2009, 17:51)
i kinda hate it you gotta buy the goddamn car they are so expensive and i wanna have much cars you know what i mean,
cant you lower the prices or just for free cuz you are not making any money with it, right? or you're one sneaky bastard cry.gif cryani.gif im to0 poor for this mod sad.gif

Then download a trainer and add the amount money you need... wink.gif

loczek47
  • loczek47

They call me "Random Funny Guy".

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:24 PM Edited by loczek47, 05 February 2009 - 04:22 PM.

I love this mod,because:
1.You pay for the cars (I love shopping,you can call me a girl lol)
2.Tuning parts, and the best- colours! Finally I can have infernus with orange pearl colour on hood (You can get one from Bernie,but I destroyed it by mistake,and it's impossible to find one in this color on streets)
Also, a suggestion. What about adding this to "body tuning" section: bulletproof vehicle body, for 5000$ or any other price. It would be cool for rampages.

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:42 PM Edited by C06alt, 05 February 2009 - 04:45 PM.

Eventually 6 specials get unlocked in protection, bullet proof is one. you got to spend $$$ to unlock stuff.
The specials are disabled online. and the entire mod is disabled in ranked games.

Howmaster
  • Howmaster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

Were can i find that special ??? I dont find it and i have some questions ....

WTH is this ?? at the body section :

AFEX ; RIDE ; HKR ; ATO ; TAITEK; NRE; BLOTZ; SEICON; Run Flat

can someone help me ? because i dont see any differnt at the comet ore at the police car when i press one of them nervous.gif

loczek47
  • loczek47

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (C06alt @ Feb 5 2009, 16:42)
Eventually 6 specials get unlocked in protection, bullet proof is one. you got to spend $$$ to unlock stuff.
The specials are disabled online. and the entire mod is disabled in ranked games.

How spend $$$? By buying cars?

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:37 PM Edited by C06alt, 05 February 2009 - 05:43 PM.

AFEX ; RIDE ect are just names to represent the body kit manufacturers. Each car has its own mods included with the model file so some are limited so even if these names apper there may not be mods for that vehicle. An exclusion list must be created and its a bit of a task to document all 9 possible options on 127 vehicles. Click a mod if you cant see it dont buy it. sometimes it might be an exhaust and hard to see so you need to rotate the view.
Comet has no visible body mods but the police cars siren can be toggled with the first option AFEX i think.
Dukes in the muscle section has a lot of options , try that one.
Run flat is a technology used in tires to allow them to be driven on when flat, punctured.
Try buying it then get out and shoot your wheels.
On the same section as Run Flat (Protection) when you spend more money more options will become available.
You should also get a text notification of unlocks.
First unlock comes after spending $300000.

Howmaster
  • Howmaster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:41 PM

Oo ??? mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

HÄÄÄ ???

ok like i understand, there are only vailables for each car ok

But how do you mean that with spent ???

Do i have to buy more cars so i get that special ore do i have to come at the each car over 300.000 $ ?

and Text notification of unlocks ???? how do you mean that ? i dont have one, only the readme ore do you mean ingame ??? mercie_blink.gif mercie_blink.gif

I know i dont understand a lot ^^ blush.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:46 PM Edited by C06alt, 05 February 2009 - 05:49 PM.

By 300k I mean total ever spent on cars since installing the mod and running it for the first time.
Text notifications are live in game and apper in red in the showroom screen.
If you buy 3 Infurnes you would unlock the 2nd protection.
If you buy one today turn off your machine come back tomorrow and buy 2 more you would unlock the 2nd protection also.
Once you unlock them they stay unlocked and can be used on any vehicle.

Howmaster
  • Howmaster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

wow cool thx men ^^

You are a big help xD biggrin.gif

Could you unlock the Special ? for Unranked + Free Mode ??

Would be great ^^ please that would make more fun XD lol.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

I wont make mods that offer an advantage over other players online. Even in free mode theres plenty of potential for abuse with an indestructible vehicle.
Anyway Free mode would get pretty boring with no cars blowing up anymore don't you think?

ZomBuster
  • ZomBuster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Wow this is most impressive, no need for complicated hotkeys etc. just one slick menu. inlove.gif

Howmaster
  • Howmaster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

Ya sure i know but some stuff is quite funny in mp ^^

Well nvm but i have still one question, what the all the special make, there is always only a shortcut so one is bullet, i can figur out that that is the bullet proof,

Is fire maybe undestroyable ?? , ore what is alle that, because i dont understand the shortcuts always ^^ notify.gif

C06alt
  • C06alt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

first one is RunFlat which you get anyway it stops you getting punctures.
Second one unlocked at 300k is UNARMED which prevents damage from fists kicks and baseball bats and knives.
When you get bulletproof it will say BULLET. The rest should be self explanatory

loczek47
  • loczek47

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:17 PM

sh*t, now somebody must make garage mod so we can store all vehicles we bought in it inlove.gif

sjaak327
  • sjaak327

Big Homie

• Feroci
  • None
  • Modding Contribution Award

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:26 PM

Great that you fixed the sound bug, now I just need to get me some money, but I'm sure that's not going to be difficult. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users