» «
Photo

Help for a newbie...

16 replies to this topic
Trexmaster
  • Trexmaster

Violators will be shot and survivors will be shot again

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:27 PM Edited by Trexmaster, 03 February 2009 - 11:10 PM.

Hello guys!

I'm new here. I'm a big fan of all GTAs and I've joined this site for new informations about these games.

Okay, I know this isn't a common thing to talk about hacks here but I need some help about different stuff.

1) Is there a more simple way (or a hack) to complete more easily and quicker the side missions? (they're driving me nuts mad.gif )
I've completed the main story missions smile.gif

2)Is there a trick to edit your stats? If so please explain... cool.gif colgate.gif

3)Is there a trick (or hack) to have bodyguards more earlier? anuj_cop.gif

Any information for these questions it'll be very appreciated smile.gif

Tudor "Trexmaster"

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:45 AM

1) Yes, there is. If you are struggling with a particular side-mission, or all the side missions (ranging from emergency to misc.), and if you happen to be playing the game on the PC, which I assume you are, then you can post your save game into this thread; Save N Play, and a member of these forums will complete whichever mission(s) you wish to be completed.

Alternatively, again if you're on the PC, you can take a look at this topic here; Downloads database. In that topic you will find save files which vary in the amount of side missions completed. There is a save which has all of these completed- Pizza Delivery L10, Paramedic L12, Fire Truck L12, Vigilante L12, Taxi (100 Fares), 35 (all) rampages completed and 100 hidden packages collected.

If I'm honest, why would you want all side-missions completed for you anyway? I find every single one a lot of fun, and when I used to struggle with them I found attempting them all the more fun, especially when I actually managed to pass them. Which side-missions are you struggling with?

2) Not that I know of. Although there may be a modification floating around somewhere, I see no need for this, though. Wouldn't it defeat a large purpose of the game?

3) If you take a look at the Confirmed Cheats topic, you'll notice that inserting a couple of these cheats will give you bodyguards as such. If you enter the Peds have weapons cheat (or Girls carry guns if you're on the PC version, much more suitable than all peds with weapons), and then enter the cheat code which will make all women follow you, whoever you decide to shoot at/beat up, the women who follow you will join in, and if you start to receive shots from cops or people, the women will also shoot at them and protect you. You can take them in a vehicle, or go anywhere you want, they will follow you and almost act as your bodyguards.

Trexmaster
  • Trexmaster

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

Thank you for responding Flicko!

1) Yes many of my friends asked me why I want to "skip" the side missions and the answer is this: the paramedic and firetruck missions are very hard to me which they're "beating" me to finish the game 100%. As an paramedic my citizens die too quickly when I'm taking them to hospital and thus I lose. As a fireman I can take the flames of a car but I can't on a citizen. He/She runs too fast and I can't take out the fire... and thus I lose. notify.gif

2) You got me. I heard many rumors when you reach Godfather. whatsthat.gif

3)Didn't know that. I rarely play with cheats but I REALLY didn't know that... wow.gif

Thank you very much for the help, Flicko. smile.gif icon14.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Tudor "Trexmaster"

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:39 AM

Not at all, glad to be of assistance.

I think the key to completing Emergency side-missions (as well as all missions to be honest), is practise. I was terrible at all Emergency side missions aside from Vigilante (thanks to the Hunter and Rhino) and Paramedic. But then after quite a bit of practise, I soon improved vastly, and can now complete the Paramedic missions with ease, and can complete 20+ firefighter levels consecutively.

If you still wish to skip the missions, then feel free, but if you are unsure, here's a few tips to help you-

Regarding the Paramedic missions, there are three places to attempt the Paramedic missions from (although there are four hospitals), and these are; Ocean Beach, Vice Point and Downtown. The majority of people opt to complete the missions in Downtown, but I find it much easier completing the missions in Ocean Beach. Vice Point is relatively easier than Downtown as well, since in Downtown you often have to drive down tight alleyways, up the stairs of the stadium and also through Little Haiti. As you have completed all main missions, you know that the Haitians will shoot at you as soon as you step foot in Little Haiti, and because you have to stop for passengers on paramedic missions, that will leave you exposed to nearby Haitians, who will attempt to pull you out of your vehicle. Which won't only fail you the mission, but it will leave you facing a barrage of shots, and you could potentially lose your life.

Once you begin the mission, as well as being relatively quick, as you're against the clock, you've also got to be very careful. The first few levels are pretty simple, but when you get to the levels where you can't hold all the pedestrians in need of medical attention, the missions become tricky. What I suggest to do when you progress to this stage, is pause your game as soon as the next level is triggered, make a note in your mind as to where all passengers are, if a bunch are close together or far apart, and then un-pause your game and begin. If I were you, I'd go to save the pedestrians who are all close together, as that will give you multiple speed bonuses, and take a little pressure off of you, as you are constantly against the clock. Quite often in Ocean Beach, a group of three or four, and even five pedestrians all spawn about 100M apart from each other on the beach. This makes completing each level much easier than attempting paramedic missions in Downtown and Vice Point, as you will complete each level quicker. And if you're a bad driver, those extra seconds may benefit you, as you can then drive a little slower than you usually would.

I find Paramedic missions annoying because of the inability to get a re-spray, so careful driving is essential. I've failed Paramedic missions many times previously at the very end of level 12, because I wasn't careful enough. You've also got to be careful not to run over the pedestrians in need of medical attention. They are low on life, and one bump could inadvertently kill them. Changing to in-car view when you approach pedestrians, or dramatically slowing down upon approach will give you the best possible chance of not killing them.

The Firefighter missions, admittedly, are very difficult to complete. But, as long as you practise enough, you'll soon master them. Remember that you can rotate the Water shoot on the vehicle, and you can also increase the distance it shoots. I often make sure the water shoots extremely close to the Firetruck, and then I drive right up to the burning vehicle/pedestrians and aim at them. Being closer, I can aim better, and if a pedestrian chooses to flee their vehicle, the closer they are, the easier they are to distinguish. Again as you progress levels it becomes considerably harder, and moving burning vehicles are a right pain, but providing you're fast, and accurate with your water shoot you'll complete each level pretty simply.

If you struggle with the water shoot, what I would suggest to do is practise on random pedestrians, without having the emergency mission triggered. Treat pedestrians like they're on fire, and hose them down. Vary the distance you hose them, and rotate the water shoot constantly. In no time you'll master the art of aiming! Then when you're ready, you too will breeze through the levels. icon14.gif

Trexmaster
  • Trexmaster

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thank you again for these important informations. Now, I'll go and practise.

Thank you again!

See you soon Flicko.

Tudor "Trexmaster"

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

A few more hints for the Paramedic mission:

I think that Vice Point hospital is the best location. I always come in the side entrance so that I can drive straight out the main entrance.

* First and most importantly, learn how to drive. Learn how to drive fast and accurately without hitting anything. Learn how to drive that ambulance fast and accurately.
* Take care of that ambulance. It can survive a lot of damage but it's not indestructible.
* It rolls easily so keep it as near to vertical as possible by going around all corners with a handbrake turn
* You can afford to take more damage when you're not carrying any patients so you can take a few risks as you race to the first one. But be extra careful when you're carrying patients. Too many knocks and your patients will die
* Once you're on level 3 and above, pause the game and check the map to see where they are. Work out the order you'll do them in, how you'll group them.
* You don't have to fill up the ambulance every time. If you're on level 4 and there are 2 to the north and 2 to the south - pick up 2 of them, take them to the hospital and then pick up the other 2
* Always go for the nearest patients first. You get a bonus on the time when you bring the first lot back on each level (only for the first lot). Get that first lot and you'll have more time to get the ones that are further away.
* The time you get added when you pick up a patient is (sometimes) more for the patients that are further away. But you have to have enough time to get to them first.
* Don't kill the patients! Don't kill them by bumping the ambulance when they're on board and don't run over them. It's easy to slide into them when you're rushing around so aim to stop about two ambulance lengths from them. Hold the handbrake on while you're stopped! Let them run to you. it'll take a few seconds longer but it's much safer

You're bound to do it a few times when you get to the last couple of levels and you kill a patient. Everyone does it. Shout, scream, curse, hit something. But then try it again and don't make the same mistake again.

Bon chance monocle.gif

Steve

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 4 2009, 17:07)
* Don't kill the patients! Don't kill them by bumping the ambulance when they're on board and don't run over them. It's easy to slide into them when you're rushing around so aim to stop about two ambulance lengths from them. Hold the handbrake on while you're stopped! Let them run to you. it'll take a few seconds longer but it's much safer

Good tip, if you use the regular brake, and you've stopped further than anticipated, and are in front of the pedestrian, sometimes you inadvertently reverse back a tad, right into the pedestrians path. And the slightest bump will result in death, and failure of the mission.

Another thing I find useful is to destroy all passenger doors on the Ambulance. It will save time when the pedestrians are entering your vehicle, and, although it's only a few seconds, when you're on paramedic missions, every second is vital. You can saw the doors off with a Chainsaw, and other weapons, though I'd pick the Chainsaw as it doesn't damage your vehicle that much. It does damage your vehicle, though, so only do this if you are really struggling to complete each level in the allotted time. There are other tips on this, but I'm sure you've already read enough! tounge.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 February 2009 - 03:53 PM Edited by Spuds725, 05 February 2009 - 03:56 PM.

QUOTE (Trexmaster @ Feb 4 2009, 05:11)
2) You got me. I heard many rumors when you reach Godfather.  whatsthat.gif

What rumors did you hear??-- the only difference is your criminal rating name- Verified on PS2 in 2004 by me biggrin.gif

There is a godfather PC save at gtagarage.com

http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=1502

All of Plakas & Simps saves in the database linked to above are dead links... looks like the entire "save" table is dead.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 5 2009, 15:53)
All of Plakas & Simps saves in the database linked to above are dead links... looks like the entire "save" table is dead.

Sure does, and there are a couple of links on the Mods table underneath that seem dead-

•Package/Rampage finder
•VC Money Maker
•Timetwister VC

...are the ones that don't seem to work for me. I'm not too sure, though. Doesn't it make most of the topic, kind of useless? It won't really provide members with what they need.

Trexmaster
  • Trexmaster

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:40 PM Edited by Trexmaster, 05 February 2009 - 08:43 PM.

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Feb 5 2009, 15:53)
QUOTE (Trexmaster @ Feb 4 2009, 05:11)
2) You got me. I heard many rumors when you reach Godfather.  whatsthat.gif

What rumors did you hear??-- the only difference is your criminal rating name- Verified on PS2 in 2004 by me biggrin.gif

There is a godfather PC save at gtagarage.com

http://www.gtagarage...how.php?id=1502

Here's the explanation: I still hear weird thing happening in GTA Vice City when you reach Godfather. Here some "samples":

- more money after 00:00--> after you reach Godfather there's a property (or a store) which gives you 15.000$-100.000 $ cool.gif
- new person-->at an certain hour (I don't remember) there's an unknown (and a strange one, not like the other citizens) person that appear day or night somewhere not very populated alien.gif
- free powerful weapons--> on the second island (I don't know where) is a place, not a secret place, which there are some powerful weapons that you can purchase them without any pay (NOT "Phil's place" or "Ammu-nation" if you thought that) die.gif
- teleport (but I think it's a glich nothing interesting)--> at an ceratin point on the map there a piece of terrain (one magical) that it's teleporting you to the other island (which island I think is the second one) breadfish_by_Moto.gif

Here they are but there were many but I don't remember them. catspider.gif Some of them are mods but the other aren't...

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

All those rumors are false--

Yep Flicko-- Justin needs to fix his table wink.gif ....

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (Trexmaster @ Feb 5 2009, 20:40)
- teleport (but I think it's a glich nothing interesting)--> at and ceratin point on the map there a piece of terrain (one magical) that it's teleporting you to the other island (which island I think is the second one) breadfish_by_Moto.gif

The only one I've remotely heard of is this one. Like Spuds has said, none of these rumours are true, the teleporter is a feature of many trainers for the game, but is not available for use after you achieve the Godfather rating.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:49 PM Edited by Spuds725, 06 February 2009 - 02:55 PM.

I got godfather 5 years ago this month... trust me-- (it took me about 8 months of effort to reach it)

It is possible to get godfather with very little effort if you utilize the "accuracy bug"-- I have verified this seperate fromt he above godfather run... I did not find the accuracy bug but did figure out that you needed $10,000,000 to achieve godfather with it....

Start a new game, collect 80 packages (do nothing else)-- you will have to sneak to the west island to get at least some of the ones over there-- at 80 package, you get the sea sparrow at the mansion (you don't have to own the mansion)-- fly this to an open field (I use behind sunshine autos)--- park it, jack a car and park it infront of the sea sparrow-- using the sea sparrow's minigun-- shoot the car till it blows up and then keep firing-- tape your button down--- and let it go....

You need to have 100 shots fired for this bug to work, but what happens is your accuracy will go well above 100% (your shots fired by the sea sparrow do not count toward the accuracy)-- you get 5 CR points for each % of accuracy--

in about 6 hours of firing you will get your CR up over 1,000,000 (your accuracy will be 200,000%).

Now utilizing the cone crazy money bug, do cone crazy about 15 times (beating your record by 1 second each time-- you need to earn $10,000,000 for your CR to change to godfather.... (see the Easy money guide for more info on this)--

you can do the cone crazy part first if you want---

I doubt this will take you more then 2 hours of effort, and another 6 hours of letting your game run with a button taped down....

You won't really be able to utilize this save for playing missions (without losing your godfather ranking)-- your shots fired will go up with mission play so your accuracy and CR will drop.....

But you can experiment with it if you like (for the glitches)....

If you are on PC, there is a godfather save at gtagarage.com (your gtaforums.com ID/PW works there)....

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

who needs godfather rating and even if trex is saying he heard rumours then what is the big deal because who needs and alien at a particular time or free money or a teleport?? angry.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Feb 7 2009, 13:56)
who needs godfather rating and even if trex is saying he heard rumours then what is the big deal because who needs and alien at a particular time or free money or a teleport?? angry.gif

The Godfather criminal rating is the most coveted achievement a VC gamer could attain. Without exploiting hacks and what not, the amount of time it takes to reach the Godfather rating is an achievement in itself. Only a minority of gamers have actually reached this level, and their sheer endurance and will to continuously wreak havoc amongst the City, eventually resulting in this elusive rank is a fantastic feat.

hotwheels83
  • hotwheels83

im the richest boy on earth

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

i got godfather before but my sister used a lot of car cheats and then saved just because i was not there at home nervous.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 7 2009, 13:24)
QUOTE (hotwheels83 @ Feb 7 2009, 13:56)

The Godfather criminal rating is the most coveted achievement a VC gamer could attain. Without exploiting hacks and what not, the amount of time it takes to reach the Godfather rating is an achievement in itself. Only a minority of gamers have actually reached this level, and their sheer endurance and will to continuously wreak havoc amongst the City, eventually resulting in this elusive rank is a fantastic feat.

I felt empty inside when I got it by killing my way there-- It became work and gut check time game at about a CR of 700,000 -- still a long way off, but I'd come too far to quit.

I did discover a new fast killing method at a CR of about 850,000 which helped fight the boredom of my original method.

It was very anti climatic when I got there-- they should have given you fireworks or something.... wink.gif

If anyone wants this, I urge you to do the short method I described above...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users