Photo

[SA-MP] Custom Missions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic
GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:26 PM Edited by GTArv, 03 March 2009 - 02:29 PM.

user posted image
Thanks to CCPD for the image

Just a little idea that I've been having in my head for a while. Simply put; this is an invent where a player or a team tries to successfully complete the given objectives. Another team tries to prevent them for successfully completing the mission.

A couple of scenarios so that you can get the picture:

Scenario 1
You get a job at the payphones, asking you to deliver a package to the docks. Turns out to be an ambush (Which is unknown to you until that point). The package is stolen you must successfully retrieve and return it from where you picked it up.

Scenario 2
Your employer asks you to steal a few cars for him that are parked around the city. One of them turns out to be rigged (Which is unknown to you until that point). You must drive around, without letting the car blow up, get the bomb defused, and deliver the car.
  • Missions similar to the single player missions.
  • No second chances.
Each mission will require a player or a team, working toward the given objectives, and a team that tries to prevent the first team from reaching the goals.
A Custom gamemode will be used. I can host upto four players, any hosting volunteers are much appreciated, and so will any scripting or brainstorming help.

Lets keep it quite simple to begin with. If you or your team completes the mission, all of you will gain one point on the leaderboard. If not, the other team members get the point. The event will be closed after a predetermined amount of time and the #1 on the leaderboard gets a prize (Its a surprise).
Once a considerable number of people get involved, we can make this event more intricate, weave a gang storyline and what not.

Please leave a post in this topic if your interested. Ideas and help are most welcome. I'd like to see how many are interested before actually starting off this event.

RankNamePoints
1Damien.0
1Flesh-n-Bone0
1girishb0
1GTArv0
1radicell0
1Red_Queen0
1williamk760

Update on Mar 2: This event is cancelled as I'm unable to find time to script gamemodes. Thanks to everyone who showed interest, sorry for the delays. If you're interested in creating your own SA missions, there's a mod, which you can get from here.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:25 PM

I have always wanted to play missions in multiplayer so I like this idea, but a bit more variation can be good too.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

Finally, something in MP that interests me. tounge.gif

Arv, both the scenarios that you mentioned are perfect. Here are a few more scenarios that could be considered:

Scenario 3
Both teams (say, A and B) start from a pre-determined point. There are 3 or 4 locations marked on the map. One of these locations is home to a package that needs to be retrieved. All locations are at an almost equal distance from both starting points. The first team to retrieve the correct package wins. For more fun, the teams can even choose to engage in a fight and try to kill off the other team to make the search task easier. We can also put in a timer to increase the difficulty level.

Scenario 4:
Something similar to Counter Strike. One team gets to have a bomb and plant and defuse it at a pre-determined location before the other team finds and kills them or defuses the bomb. Something can be worked out to decide which team gets to be what at the start of the game.

Scenario 5:
One team chooses a boss and has to get him from location A to location B before the other team gets to them. The game ends when the team successfully transports the boss to the required location or when the other team kills the boss.

If these scenarios aren't already available, they'll have to be scripted, right? I assume you have some knowledge about scripting, Arv. Or if not, you know someone who can get it done. I'd really like to see this happen; it has the potential to be very exciting! happy.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:17 PM

@FnB: Aye, I'd like more variation myself, those were just examples. I'm sure we can come up with something more interesting with a little more brainstorming.

@girish: Interesting ideas, I'm sure there are similar scripts available. If not, we can script them. But I'd like to stay away from conventional gamemodes, something beyond basic deathmatch or CTF games; they are quite boring to most people. But your ideas are wonderful, we can use those as a base.

Simply put; this event will be similar to single player missions, with one player/team working towards the objectives, and the other team as a replacement for the AI enemies.

For instance, in Scenario 1, one man tries to deliver the package, but is ambushed by the opposing team of three members. (Obviously, the 'protagonist' will be better equipped to maintain the balance)

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Feb 4 2009, 21:47)
For instance, in Scenario 1, one man tries to deliver the package, but is ambushed by the opposing team of three members. (Obviously, the 'protagonist' will be better equipped to maintain the balance)

...like having better weapons and armour? Yeah, that sounds like a good enough idea. The vehicles can also be different. The main character gets a better one and the other team gets less better ones with a not-so-good handling.

So, basically, from what I gather, this is either a team v/s team or a single player v/s a team, right?

Damien.
  • Damien.

Charlies facebook bro

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:55 PM

This must be the best idea for a SA:MP event since sliced bread. Count me in.

And as for Scenarios, here's some suggestion:

Scenario 1

This is kind of like the first cut scene in Vice city, but with a twist.

Team A Goes to an secluded location (like the parking lot under the Los Santos highway intersection) and makes a coke deal with team B. Team C however Ram down the persons making the transactions and manages to steal the coke & money by driving into the briefcase icon ( If that is possible so script?) and drive away. Both Team A & B now have to get into their cars and shoot down Team C's car before it reaches it's destination (a helicopter pad or an airport) and flies Safely away.

The winner is either Team A & B if they get the manage to get the coke & money back (they can fight eachother for it as soon as Team C is down) or Team C if they make it to the helicopter/plane and get away to safety.

Scenario 2

This one is loosely based on like the first mission in San Andreas and getting busted in GTA2. The Radar icons must be switched off for this one.

The mission starts of with Player 1 being caught by the police. He soon finds out that the door is unlocked and has to bail out in an alleyway and has about a 10 second head start to make a break for it and run back to his safe house (unknown to Team 1) without getting caught by the police. The rest of Team 1 except for the 1 or 2 cops in the police car will be dispatched from their position a bit further away to join the manhunt.

The winner is either Player 1 if he makes it to the safe house or Team 1 if they

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

Good ideas Dem. Yeah, a little bit of roleplay mixed with each mission.

Once we get a couple of more people involved, and a volunteer to host the game, we can get started. biggrin.gif

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:32 AM

This sounds really cool, I'm in. I haven't played SA-MP (don't play much multiplayer) since that last meet we had, so this will be really good. icon14.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:46 AM

Cheers radicell, added you to the list.

We could try some missions next weekend, since we've got the Pre-TLAD meet tomorrow.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:44 PM Edited by GTArv, 10 February 2009 - 02:35 PM.

So yeah, since the TLAD meet is over, we can try something for this event.
We will need atleast two people (1 protagonist and 1 AI replacement). We can play this Saturday or Sunday. Time will be highly negotiable since there's only a few of us involved.

Sorry about the double post, but no one is going to notice this without a bump; the topic has crawled down to the latter half of the forum view. tounge.gif

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:49 AM

I was thinking maybe we could get some people together as a sort of "Scenario" commitee.

You know, to keep things fresh and entertaining.

Damien.
  • Damien.

Charlies facebook bro

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Feb 10 2009, 14:44)
So yeah, since the TLAD meet is over, we can try something for this event.
We will need atleast two people (1 protagonist and 1 AI replacement). We can play this Saturday or Sunday. Time will be highly negotiable since there's only a few of us involved.

Sorry about the double post, but no one is going to notice this without a bump; the topic has crawled down to the latter half of the forum view. tounge.gif

I probably could turn up this weekend if we set a fixed time, don't really care if I'm the AI or not.

williamk76
  • williamk76

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:26 PM

This looks really interesting. I'll have a go at this. icon14.gif

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for your interest everyone, but SA:MP's too unsuitable for this; scripting gets too complicated. I was thinking of switching this to MTA DM.
Does anyone here play MTA DM? You can get it here.

Red_Queen
  • Red_Queen

VC-MP, SA-MP & GTAIV-MP Player <3

• Members

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

where do I signup ? notify.gif

Im playing MTA DM, not as much as samp, still I play it smile.gif

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:51 AM

So has this gone ahead? I'm looking forward to getting a storyline team together.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Aye, but I'm having trouble scripting, apologies for the delay. Maybe sometime later this week.
List updated.

Please PM me if you have any ideas, every bit helps. smile.gif

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:41 PM

Lochie PMed me a bit back about this, just saying I'd love to write some missions for you. Not the whole scripting side, but dialogue and summaries of the missions themselves. I hope this goes ahead considering I used to make up my own missions for San Andreas a few years ago, writing conditions down on paper and everything. It'd be fantastic to see them brought to life.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

Thanks Masterkraft. smile.gif

I'm reluctant to seek anyone's help in writing missions, as I'm not sure how complicated or how simple implementing them will be. I've stared writing a gamemode for a simple MTA mission. If it turns out well, I'd love to hear your missions and implement them. Don't get me wrong - I just don't want to waste your time and effort.

Tommy-Vercetti19
  • Tommy-Vercetti19

Sure, Grand, No Probs

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:53 PM

This idea is awesome i'd be totally up for this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users