Quantcast

» «
Photo

I just finished it 100% for the first time

30 replies to this topic
The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

... on Xbox wow.gif Awesome stuff biggrin.gif

I loved the improved graphics, but hated the sorta occasional slowdowns. Xbox shouldn't have a problem with GTA3, but I digress.

Out of the 5 years or so I have been playing the game on PC (and I'm on my second copy now since my first literally exploded in the CD drive because of all the wear and tear), I never actually managed to snap Paramedic in half. I felt such a sense of pride and joy when I finally done it, first time, on Xbox. Wow, don't you hate Murphy's Law and f*cking irony?

Overall, I'm really impressed, and I actually had a hysterical fit at the end when Claude shoots Maria. Don't argue with me on that point, because that's what Rockstar wants everyone to think happened devil.gif I hate it when people make something out of nothing.

Anyway, I'm going off topic again. I have a few questions for the PS2 owners who have also played the Xbox version:

1. Are the graphics as good as the PC/Xbox version?
2. Is the gameplay different in any way?
3. How are the loading times? Are they close to the PC version like Xbox was (which I was honestly really impressed by).

Thanks guys for all the support you've ever shown me on these boards, whether I ever asked for it or not, or whether I simply stumbled across a help topic and read it.

... and most of all, thank you Rockstar for keeping me entertained for the last 5 years with a session of GTA3 pretty much every day, no matter how busy I was smile.gif

You know, I used to always think that GTA3 was the best game ever made, but I reckon that the only thing keeping me hooked was the fact that I never finished it 100%. Now my blindness has faded a lot and I can see some of the game's glaring flaws, but don't get me wrong, they don't stop me from enjoying every second of Claude's hysterical life.

I dunno what to sign off with, so...

"I broke a nail and my hair is RUINED! I mean, can you believe it? This one cost me fifty doll-*BAM*"

biggrin.gif

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

I don't know the answers to your questions. I only ever play on a PC.
But well done for your first 100% completion (on the Xbox)
Have a cookie.gif icon14.gif

Steve

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:28 PM Edited by Smiley001, 28 February 2009 - 05:42 PM.

This makes me wish that I had bought an Xbox instead of a PS2 because, although the PS2 is a great system with lots of titles, I would have enjoyed Xbox's extra grunt on the hardware aspect, especially when it makes games like GTA 3, VC and SA look alot better with reflections, separate fingers and actual engines under the hoods of cars.
Good job on getting 100%! I have completed GTA 3 storyline several times already (without cheats, I hate them!) but never have I made 100%, only on LCS.
Also, the PC and PS2 versions look relatively the same compared to the Xbox version's majorly pumped up visuals.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

I am soon getting 100% but there's one package I'm still searching for, then I have got it, hence 99% on my sig, the same story is present with LCS.

IMMI
  • IMMI

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 February 2009 - 05:36 AM

hi
plz help me 2 play gta3 games?????????

The Horror Is Alive
  • The Horror Is Alive

Monkey-fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane.

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:00 PM

Talk properly, cockweed.

Ilovevicecity324
  • Ilovevicecity324

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (The Horror Is Alive @ Feb 2 2009, 13:22)
... on Xbox wow.gif Awesome stuff biggrin.gif

I loved the improved graphics, but hated the sorta occasional slowdowns. Xbox shouldn't have a problem with GTA3, but I digress.

Out of the 5 years or so I have been playing the game on PC (and I'm on my second copy now since my first literally exploded in the CD drive because of all the wear and tear), I never actually managed to snap Paramedic in half. I felt such a sense of pride and joy when I finally done it, first time, on Xbox. Wow, don't you hate Murphy's Law and f*cking irony?

Overall, I'm really impressed, and I actually had a hysterical fit at the end when Claude shoots Maria. Don't argue with me on that point, because that's what Rockstar wants everyone to think happened devil.gif I hate it when people make something out of nothing.

Anyway, I'm going off topic again. I have a few questions for the PS2 owners who have also played the Xbox version:

1. Are the graphics as good as the PC/Xbox version?
2. Is the gameplay different in any way?
3. How are the loading times? Are they close to the PC version like Xbox was (which I was honestly really impressed by).

Thanks guys for all the support you've ever shown me on these boards, whether I ever asked for it or not, or whether I simply stumbled across a help topic and read it.

... and most of all, thank you Rockstar for keeping me entertained for the last 5 years with a session of GTA3 pretty much every day, no matter how busy I was smile.gif

You know, I used to always think that GTA3 was the best game ever made, but I reckon that the only thing keeping me hooked was the fact that I never finished it 100%. Now my blindness has faded a lot and I can see some of the game's glaring flaws, but don't get me wrong, they don't stop me from enjoying every second of Claude's hysterical life.

I dunno what to sign off with, so...

"I broke a nail and my hair is RUINED! I mean, can you believe it? This one cost me fifty doll-*BAM*"

biggrin.gif

Congratulations! I'm actually doing this myself right now. I switch off between GTA III and Vice City and am trying to get 100% completion in both games. Like after every 20% I get, I switch to the other game and get 20% in that, and then switch off and get another 20% done, and so on and so fourth. So far I'm 80% done with GTA III and 75% done with Vice City. After I get my 100% in these two games- going to work on it for San Andreas and Liberty City Stories.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

That is actually a really good idea, i wish that i had thought of that for the portable games.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

I just got my first 100% in GTA III. The last thing I was missing was a hidden package in an alleyway between the apartments in Wichita Gardens. I really thought I had collected it, when my eyes spotted them I was like.... WOW!

Too bad you don't get noticed by any pager message or anything that you have got 100%, my reward for this achievement was a rocket launcher... haha!

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 14 2009, 18:50)
I just got my first 100% in GTA III. The last thing I was missing was a hidden package in an alleyway between the apartments in Wichita Gardens. I really thought I had collected it, when my eyes spotted them I was like.... WOW!

Too bad you don't get noticed by any pager message or anything that you have got 100%, my reward for this achievement was a rocket launcher... haha!

Congratulations!
Next time, write on a paper every package you pick.

.AshRemains
  • .AshRemains

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:19 PM

There's alot of contreversy about the ending; some say Maria is shot, some say Claude is trying to shut her up.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

unfortunately I beat the game twice and alway got just 98% although I have done everything in this game. this annoys me.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Or, more likely, you missed a couple of things.

Were you working from a 100% checklist? If so, which list?

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:27 PM Edited by Stephan123, 26 February 2009 - 05:04 PM.

I was pretty fast, it took me about 20 hours

I have done

- alle main missions
- police missions
- telephone missions
- fire fighter
- taxi driver
- para medic
- all export garages
- alle RC missions
- all offroad missions
- 100 hidden packages
- 20 monsterstunts
- 20 rampages

but wtf I just searched for a checklist with google, the first one I've found says you have to deliver 10 securicars. this is the first time I have read this and I have probably just delivered 2 of them. So I will try to deliver more of them.

however completed yesterday GTAIV........Vice City and San Andreas some time ago

edit: delivered 10 securicars and still 98%

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:57 AM

You don't have to deliver 10 seciricars. just one.

Try a 100% completion guide & checklist like the one at gamefaqs.com

Steve

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 27 2009, 00:57)

Steve

I've read several guides and have done everything. so why start all over again?

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

Have you done the emergency crane exports? I know you mentioned the export garages, but they are two Import/Export one's and the crane one isn't a garage.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 27 2009, 13:20)
Have you done the emergency crane exports? I know you mentioned the export garages, but they are two Import/Export one's and the crane one isn't a garage.

yeap the crane, the garage near the crane, 10 securicars and the garage in shoreside vale...

I start to think that my game glitched because I changed the language in order to do all rampages.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:22 PM

Probably some glitch. But either way you're not missing out much, there's no rewards for 100% anyways...

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Feb 27 2009, 14:22)
Probably some glitch. But either way you're not missing out much, there's no rewards for 100% anyways...

I know, just want to see "100%" in my stats

fuckindumass
  • fuckindumass

Pissing the night away

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

Did you do the vigilante missions?
Here's a guide

I'm doing III again. I forgot the 9's glitch and started a new game last week with my mem card in. So, yesterday I started yet again....

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (f*ckindumass @ Feb 27 2009, 17:27)
Did you do the vigilante missions?
Here's a guide

I'm doing III again. I forgot the 9's glitch and started a new game last week with my mem card in. So, yesterday I started yet again....

yes I did it and have six stars in my hideouts

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:37 AM

I have both the PS2 and Xbox versions. I got the PS2 version on release day and beat that 100% and then I got the double pack in 2003 and got 100% on that. The Xbox version has much improved graphics in GTA III but lately i've preferred the PS2 version. Maybe only for nostalgia's sake. The audio in the PS2 version is slightly better than in the Xbox version and I prefer to use the dualshock 2 when playing GTA.

The hardest part for me when doing 100% is those stupid paramedic missions. soooo tedious.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, you'd get to level 10 or 11 and get overconfident, and next thing you know the ambulance is upsidedown.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Feb 27 2009, 16:27)
just want to see "100%" in my stats

start again, use some guides from the Demarest's site or my site and you will be able to complete the game at 100%

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Feb 27 2009, 12:43)

Steve

Because you missed something and don't know what you missed?

That's how I did it and I expect a few other people did it as well.
The first few times you just play the game through to complete it.
Then you realise that you can go for this 100% completion and the first few times you try that you miss a few things and don't quite make the 100%. There's no simple way to identify what you've missed so the only way is to start again and do things more carefully, making sure you don't miss anything. And one of the best ways to do that is to follow an accurate guide.

Once you've done 100% a few times then you can start varying the order in which you do things a bit again and can go "off script" more

Steve

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 February 2009 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Feb 28 2009, 12:14)
QUOTE (Stephan123 @ Feb 27 2009, 12:43)

Steve

Because you missed something and don't know what you missed?

That's how I did it and I expect a few other people did it as well.
The first few times you just play the game through to complete it.
Then you realise that you can go for this 100% completion and the first few times you try that you miss a few things and don't quite make the 100%. There's no simple way to identify what you've missed so the only way is to start again and do things more carefully, making sure you don't miss anything. And one of the best ways to do that is to follow an accurate guide.

Once you've done 100% a few times then you can start varying the order in which you do things a bit again and can go "off script" more

Steve

well I mean there is always a proof for having done something for examples all the items in your hideout, you can get cars from the garages and finally the informations from your stats...

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

It looks like you have locked some missions

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:21 PM Edited by Stephan123, 28 February 2009 - 05:34 PM.

I knew that some missions can be locked before my playthrough, and as far as I can remember I've done them. Recently I've watched them on youtube. so I could remember having done those missions.

my mission stats say 74 mission attempts
past missions 73/73

Smiley001
  • Smiley001

Abandoned all hope...

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Feb 28 2009, 01:37)
The hardest part for me when doing 100% is those stupid paramedic missions.  soooo tedious.

You got that right, but wait till you try the paramedic missions in the PC version, this will break you! tounge.gif
I have the PS2 and PC version and I would rather do the paramedics on the PS2 version...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users