"Out of commission" mission bug

26 replies to this topic
mantisisrael
  • mantisisrael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:12 PM

"Out of commission" mission bug theres a bug when i jump with the motorbike
then i hang on the helicopter and it writes me press "space" rapidly to clime up
but when i press it it only changes the camera i cant get into the helicopter i tried 4 times
i downloaded the patch but i dont see any difference
i dont even have those new water reflection options everything looks the same
my copy is legal

i saw other people writing about the same bug
solution ?

mantisisrael
  • mantisisrael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:51 PM

http://www.superchea...ion-Problem.htm

"
pprince91

Date of Question: May 31 2008 | Question ID: 119272

Im at the last mission of GTA 4: Out of Commission. I have done it nine already. The first couple times I would get through the shootings but miss the ramp but these last several times I would perfectly go up the ramp then the cutscene would show. It shows that Nico is holding on to the helicopter in the air but there isnt a helicopter. So hes just in the middle of air holding on to nothing and pretty much freezes. It has done that for the past four times. If someone can explain the problem and a way I can fix it. Thanks "

same problem on the xbox version
i really hope theres a fix sad.gif i cant play on because of this

http://grandtheftaut...t-of-Commission

"hey when its say tap the A button does it mean press and hold or does it mean keep pressing it. because i been pressing it and Niko doesn't get in the helicopter, and i'm tried like 50 times already so i wan't to know if i'm doing it all wrong."

mantisisrael
  • mantisisrael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

Ahh i got on the helicopter!
but i really needed to press like a crazy man i play stepmania and i would say i needed to do like 20+ keystrokes a second
and other events in the game that this rapid pressing get in use is not like this
theres some problem there otherwise i would not get to this forum :|

mantisisrael
  • mantisisrael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 12:30 AM

no i just did it again twice theres a problem getting in the helicopter
i f*cking cant do it
i needed to do that mission for a zillion times now its so frustrating
i only got on the helicopter once then the helicopter was brought down
you may be thinking i cant play but its not the case theres a freaking bug on the helicopterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and every time i play i need to hope the freaking thing is going to work now i just want to pass this thing

Defuser
  • Defuser

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:25 AM

It is definitely a bug - I had it for a long period of time, during which I tried the mission upwards of twenty times. Finally I stopped and remapped my jump key to the tab key and, with some joypad gymnastics, hammered the button on the pad and the key alternately. On this occasion, it worked, although I genuinely don't think I was going much faster.

If you can stand it, keep trying. Once you're in the chopper, ignore whoever you are chasing and go straight for happiness island flying as high and as fast as you can. You'll take one hit, but that's scripted. Good luck!

lmike6453
  • lmike6453

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:53 AM

I had this problem and remapped the space bar key to the number pad + key. I had to press num pad + and up at the same time and it worked like a charm. It was so frustrating!

mantisisrael
  • mantisisrael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:10 AM

ahh thanks guys ill have to try it now! and remap this thing

mantisisrael
  • mantisisrael

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:00 AM

wtf it was the last mission
i had a hard two weeks of getting this game to even start had a big thread to
and now it seems i had a bug thread on the end

good thing the middle is worth it

remap to numkey 0 it was still the same bug but i think it was easier to press it like a crazy man

red)eYe
  • red)eYe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:52 AM

I can't get in the helicopter either. I have tried it 5 times now with remapping the key as well.

gsouza
  • gsouza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:19 AM

me too

GASTEFFENS
  • GASTEFFENS

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:04 AM

Me as well. I'm not about to repeat the mission over and over again until I know why it won't let me on the helicopter. I tried twice, and I was rattling that space bar like a maniac ready to break it yet nothing happened.

ARGH! So close!

Donald Rack
  • Donald Rack

So say good night to the bad guy!

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:36 PM

Was anyone ever able to get past this bug? I can't do it. Am I not hitting it fast enough?

copperwire93
  • copperwire93

Copperdude

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

I heard this bug only occurs on Vista. Still don't know the solution though sorry sad.gif

joe pineapples
  • joe pineapples

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (copperwire93 @ Mar 13 2009, 13:41)
I heard this bug only occurs on Vista. Still don't know the solution though sorry sad.gif

Also happened in XP, on at least one other pc i know. Happening for me in Vista though. Sent Rockstar an email asking about it, but i'm not holding my breath

Donald Rack
  • Donald Rack

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

It's irritating because it's the final mission that's started by a phone call, so you have to keep putting it in sleep mode if you want to do other stuff.

Subversion1337
  • Subversion1337

IPISubversion

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

I had the same problem and I can confirm that you need to tap it stupidly fast. You need to do it really really really fast, crazy fast.

joe pineapples
  • joe pineapples

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (Subversion1337 @ Mar 13 2009, 16:26)
I had the same problem and I can confirm that you need to tap it stupidly fast. You need to do it really really really fast, crazy fast.

did you also have it flicking quickly between two camera angles (seemingly with each tap of the button or spacebar), and still managed to get around that with very fast tapping?.

Donald Rack
  • Donald Rack

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (joe pineapples @ Mar 13 2009, 16:49)

did you also have it flicking quickly between two camera angles (seemingly with each tap of the button or spacebar), and still managed to get around that with very fast tapping?.

I'd also like to know this. Because I don't know if it's doing anything other than making the camera spaz out.

Subversion1337
  • Subversion1337

IPISubversion

• Members

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (joe pineapples @ Mar 13 2009, 16:49)

yes.

but it was extremely fast. i was doing it very fast initially and that exact same thing happened. but being stubborn and obsessive and reading google stuff that said i had to tap more fast i said "f*ck you man, im gonna f*cking tap my fucing ass off!". at first i could see niko trying to get up (and camera switching) but then not get up, so i was like go go go go gog go gogoogogogogogoogogo! and slowly he climbed while my arm was aching and my keyboard was in danger of falling apart. but he made it biggrin.gif afterwards i said, wtf?! D: and then YEI!

Donald Rack
  • Donald Rack

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

I can confirm, you have to hit the key an obscene number of times.

Shocky01
  • Shocky01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

So finally tried to complete the game again only to be stopped by this bug AGAIN, over a year after this was first reported and still I can't complete this game due to a bug, these guys are pathetic.

I'm never buying anything from them again, games buggy as hell.

AvEngErZx
  • AvEngErZx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:32 PM Edited by AvEngErZx, 08 June 2010 - 01:56 PM.

F*CK THIS SH*T PU**Y ASS GAME

I PRESS TAB [only key works] after i was shot by THE FKING RPG, MY HELI JUST TURNED LEFT OUT OF CONTROL, I CANNOT FLY IOT BACK TO RIGHT. IT SSUCKS TO THE sh*t OUT OF THIS GAME.

f*ck U

EDIT:

ANGER IS GONE, [TAB] is the only custom mapping that work. I tried Numpad + / Numpad 0 / Numpad Enter / Right Shift / ALL WONT WORK

got control of the heli and complete the mission after 5 tries

GTA 1911
  • GTA 1911

Liberty City Police Commissioner

• Members

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

@Original poster

Try Fraps. http://www.fraps.com/download.php (credits to Captain_Obvis456 for finding this)

EngelskJente
  • EngelskJente

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (joe pineapples @ Mar 13 2009, 14:01)
QUOTE (copperwire93 @ Mar 13 2009, 13:41)

Also happened in XP, on at least one other pc i know. Happening for me in Vista though. Sent Rockstar an email asking about it, but i'm not holding my breath

I know you wrote that 2 years ago almost but I have the same problem on the XBox! Clicking A like mad just is not doing it for me at all.

If anyone else is still reading these topics and has an idea please let me know as it's so boring/frustrating getting through the warehouse every time only to get thrown off the chopper into the sea because he will not climb in (no I cannot do a patch either, I do not have Xbox live and at present am running off a netbook so cannot put any disc in here to transfer to the Xbox.

:sigh.gif:

CK96
  • CK96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

I'm having this problem as well. The mission is very easy until I reach that dam copper!! I get on it like every one else and hang their....the camera changes...(I've noticed that when it happens your not far away from climbing up---i climbed up once then the copper fell into the water) anyway now I can't het into the copper at all!! I've broken 2 keyboard out of anger...spare my last one dontgetit.gif
Oh BTW its the PC version and I'm running Win 7 Ultimate

mkey82
  • mkey82

Keep riding hard, son

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:04 AM

Have you tried doing what's suggested in this thread?

nickhdaze
  • nickhdaze

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (mantisisrael @ Monday, Feb 2 2009, 00:30)
no i just did it again twice theres a problem getting in the helicopter
i f*cking cant do it
i needed to do that mission for a zillion times now its so frustrating
i only got on the helicopter once then the helicopter was brought down
you may be thinking i cant play but its not the case theres a freaking bug on the helicopterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

and every time i play i need to hope the freaking thing is going to work now i just want to pass this thing

Ok I found out how to complete the helicopter jump on “OUT OF COMMISSON” mission on PC

Sorry if my English is bad.

If you want to know the reason to why this bug occurs and why ROCKSTAR did not put in the effort in testing the game on the PC before distribution. Here is the link below. Good explanation on why the helicopter jump problem occurs.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=404808
Read “Ferrai91196” Blog why the reason for not able to jump in to the helicopter
After reading post and Blogs
I have found 3 solutions to solve this problem with the helicopter jump in OUT OF COMMISSION via using FRAP (Frame per second program) that illustrates how many frames there are per second. If you still do not know what I mean. I suggest you read the link I sent above. If one solution does not work, try another……..
However FRAPS.exe does not solve the problem.
Before the cut-scene jumping into the helicopter (or in the cut-scene), I suggest you pauses the game.
Then CRL+ALT+DELETE and bring up the start task manager. If you cannot open task manager and it keep going back to the game. I suggest you push ALT+TAB to go to the Desktop Screen. From there Bring up TASK MANAGER, go to PROCESSES and look for GTAIV.exe, highlight GTAIV.exe and RIGHT CLICK (mouse button) and select “SET AFFINITY”. Another dialog box should appear and select processors CPU 0,1 (whatever you choose) The less processors selected the slower the Frame rate per second.
From selecting one or two processors, the frame rate becomes less (should be between 20 FPS – 30 FPS) this should give you the assistant to help you make the jump
However you still need to push the JUMP button rapidly to ensure the helicopter jump is successful.
If your computer is like mine, unable to process high resolution games without sacrificing speed. Then here is another solution
Before the cut-scene jumping into the helicopter (or in the cut-scene), I suggest you pauses the game.
If your running your game at 800 X 600 / 1024 X 600 (something like that) and texture quality, reflection resolution, water quality, shadow quality, texture filter quality are on “LOW”.
Then what you do is make your resolution very high. Eg. 1920 X 1200, ALSO make your texture quality, reflection resolution, water quality, shadow quality, texture filter quality are set to Very High and VSYNC and DEFINITION set to “ON”
This will slow down the frame rate per second to about 20 FPS – 30 FPS
However you still need to push the JUMP button rapidly to ensure the helicopter jump is successful.
#3 changes the mapping of your keyboard layout before
Then change your key mapping to a new key (may not work for the mouse)
Or
Change your JUMP key to another key. (Make sure the new JUMP KEY Character is there) then change it back to the original JUMP KEY.
Hope these all worked. #1 I have not tried at the cut scene of the helicopter jumping and the changes to the key mapping is 50% it will work. Obviously #2 has worked for me.
Hope this helps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users