Photo

All the effort and waiting...

9 replies to this topic
Dreakon
  • Dreakon

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

I've been having performance and various other crashing and graphical issues ever since I bought the game (when it was released). Like many of you, I spent countless hours and days trying tweaks and driver updates and game updates to get things fixed but to really no avail. Then finally, as of a few days ago, the 9.1 Catalyst drivers came out. No more graphical problems, a slight boost to performance and apparently it helped with the memory leaks and stability problems I had with previous drivers (freezing, crashing, BSOD, etc). I could finally enjoy the game without worry.

As of last night, I finally beat the story and all I have to say is I watched the credits with a huge, giddy smile on my face. It was so incredibly worth it. I tip my hat to you Rockstar, I havent felt this satisfied beating a game in ages.

This is a wonderful game. smile.gif

Weses
  • Weses

Rat

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

It is indeed a wonderful game, lucky you got it going properly. I'm still having serious stuttering issues after playing for 30 minutes. I just don't want to continue playing like that, it gives me a headache looking at it.

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Dreakon @ Jan 31 2009, 18:08)
As of last night, I finally beat the story and all I have to say is I watched the credits with a huge, giddy smile on my face. It was so incredibly worth it. I tip my hat to you Rockstar, I havent felt this satisfied beating a game in ages.

This is a wonderful game. smile.gif

Like this eh, awesome game, ive just started playing it for the third time. biggrin.gif

user posted image

nicotin3
  • nicotin3

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Havent played since i beat story mode at about 75%...
Great game as in great city, graphics, sound, peds but poor story and missions, even with the diferent decisions it doesnt touch the epicness of Mafia (missions and story) and i dont see myself replaying this crappy story anytime soon (if ever). Only the MP keeps IV installed here.

Dreakon
  • Dreakon

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (nicotin3 @ Jan 31 2009, 15:57)
Great game as in great city, graphics, sound, peds but poor story and missions, even with the diferent decisions it doesnt touch the epicness of Mafia (missions and story) and i dont see myself replaying this crappy story anytime soon (if ever). Only the MP keeps IV installed here.

Mafia was a great game and I was ridiculously addicted to it back in the day, but I never played through the story more than once (I tried countless times but I just couldn't get back into it).

Honestly, I think this game matches Mafia or comes pretty damn close when it comes to the story and missions. I felt for Niko at the end of it and with some of the decisions he had to make/I made for him, much like I felt for Tom in Mafia. The graphics and the incredible physics engine and the large, realistic city are just bonus.

Just my thoughts though.

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

Lucky guy. If only I didn't get the stupid random crashes here I would have beaten it for the second time.

Yea, awesome game, but it's still nowhere near Mafia IMO.

BlueAngel
  • BlueAngel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

No game can touch Mafia, ever. inlove.gif

Ardbug
  • Ardbug

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:09 AM

Its funny Im experiencing the quite opposite, for 2 months I have been tweaking and turning every knob in this game, well it has been 2 months of interrupted intercourse, just when I start slapping its arsle and putting my johhny in the honney, Im interrupted by stutter and bugs.
I have it up and running fine now, but I just cant be bothered tickling that old skank again, I will play it in half a year, start a fresh and hope for a little uninterrupted gratification.

thales100
  • thales100

TripleHeader

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (One-time @ Feb 1 2009, 03:53)
Yea, awesome game, but it's still nowhere near Mafia IMO.

Mafia, i remember playing it like 5 years ago, its great - cant wait for Mafia II. colgate.gif

diom
  • diom

O_o

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:56 AM

i love both games..i played Mafia maybe three times and now i'm in second run of GTA

..and im really proud, that you guys like Mafia, because its a game made in my country..the one and till yet only great game made here smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users