Quantcast

» «
Photo

Areas

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Which areas is your favourite? (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Which areas is your favourite?

1. Downtown (29 votes [38.67%])

Percentage of vote: 38.67%

2. Residential District (35 votes [46.67%])

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

3. Industrial District (11 votes [14.67%])

Percentage of vote: 14.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:26 PM

The first level, Downtown, is a hub of business activity as well as the site of a large mental institution and university. The second area, the Residential District, contains the city's prison, a trailer park with an Elvis-themed bar dubbed "Disgracelands", a shopping mall, and a giant hydroelectric power plant. The third and final area is the Industrial District; it holds a large seaport, a meat packing plant, a Nuclear Power Plant and a Krishna temple.

Which areas is your favourite? You can vote only one and feel free to post lot of comments.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:52 PM Edited by chapapote, 28 January 2009 - 10:00 PM.

I voted for the Residential District: the Wang Cars, the amazing cars (Furore GT, for instance), the Black Arachnid, extra life and multiplier bonuses...

PS: I see that my Nuclear Power Plant topic was completely useless.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:13 AM Edited by GAME MASTER, 27 February 2009 - 11:13 AM.

Not really useless besides you still got some useful information to show about Nuclear Power Plant and other buildings. I'm still interested in your topic and other people don't think it also useless. wink.gif

Downtown is a comfort place with gangs and police to start a easy missions and fighting.

GTArv
  • GTArv

#

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Residential district, mainly due to the Wang cars bonus. Also, some of my most favourite missions are in that district. There are lot of other things to do as well - such as rigging a tank with machine guns, oil slicks, and such, and disrupting the city. Considering that special agents are the highest security force that one might face in the residential district, there's no need to worry about being annihilated by the army.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (GTArv @ Feb 28 2009, 13:52)
Residential district, mainly due to the Wang cars bonus. Also, some of my most favourite missions are in that district. There are lot of other things to do as well - such as rigging a tank with machine guns, oil slicks, and such, and disrupting the city. Considering that special agents are the highest security force that one might face in the residential district, there's no need to worry about being annihilated by the army.

Oil slicks is the most funny where all cars drive in wrong turn. Rigging a vehicle with a bomb is also good fun to blow the enemy.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:58 PM Edited by B-$hep, 01 April 2009 - 05:03 PM.

Residential District, because there is no army, ie no 6 levels.
And i play this area alot.

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

Residential district, just because of the awesome cars that are there, as someone has already mentioned.

gta player06
  • gta player06

Respect is everything

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

Downtown, because I love the gangs there and whole area is kinda fun. Residential seemed a bit boring for me. The only place that intrigued me there was the bridge that leads to Zaibatsu Village because you could spill some oil there and watch the cars fly in water. biggrin.gif

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Not just oil. Just have some wanted level and walk around there on the bridge.
Cops are so stupid, they just drive off the road and into water.
They just make a hard turn if they spot you and directly into water. They just fall into water, because they thought that they can turn around a car and drive for you. But they are wrong.

Im getting a lot of fun with this place, every time i visit it. There are good places around where grenades could be dropped into the pavement, so people just "jump" into water after explosion.

gta player06
  • gta player06

Respect is everything

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:20 PM

Yeah, the bridge is probably the funniest place in Residential District along with the Plaza where constant Redneck and Zaibatsu gang wars occur. cool.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (gta player06 @ Jun 2 2009, 13:20)
Yeah, the bridge is probably the funniest place in Residential District along with the Plaza where constant Redneck and Zaibatsu gang wars occur. cool.gif

Mmm, that bridge was actually the most hated place on the Residential District for me. There are always lots of cars there, so it's very hard to get to the Village. I'm usually able to just avoid the cars, but the traffic is so intense at the bridge that it's impossible to avoid them there.

B-$hep
  • B-$hep

0xBADF00D

• Members

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

Drive through people on pavement or just sound horn.
I know it's still slow but one chance.

redx3
  • redx3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:22 AM

the bridge in Residential District hmm just sit Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif or kill die.gif viddy_pirate.gif tounge.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

ahhh the good times.!! old school GTA still kick AZZ i would still play em' but i don't have a PS1 anymo' sad.gif cry.gif .

my area was anywhere but downtown because dats were you find most of the cops. & they just annoy me.! mad.gif angry.gif

Gustavob
  • Gustavob

Martian

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

nice job bumping a 2 yea' ol' topic. You don't need play station to play GTA1 and GTA2 since they are available for free for PC on rockstar games website

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

my bad i just wanted to give my opinion dats all tounge.gif sad.gif confused.gif . sorry jeez!!.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:36 PM

Anyway, here it doesn't really matter bumping a topic. This section is very empty. A bit of activity is always welcome.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

People forgot the best reasons in Residential District:

Alma Mater Prison
REDNECKS f*ck YEAH
Massive gangwars on that square between Zaibatsu and Redneck
Army Base

Mr Zero
  • Mr Zero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Feb 5 2011, 13:09)
People forgot the best reasons in Residential District:

Alma Mater Prison
REDNECKS f*ck YEAH
Massive gangwars on that square between Zaibatsu and Redneck
Army Base

+SRS Research Center ph34r.gif Residential district rocks hard :q

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

I voted for industrial, thinking, that definitely residential district has so many votes, that one less shouldnīt do harm. And what do I see? Even Downtown is ahead of industrial district - now that was a surprise for me.

Anyways, I still remember the first year when I started playing GTA 2. It was unbelievably hard to find the church in Downtown area - all due to the young age and little experience. I remember I visited the Loonies territory the least, cause it didnīt seem very intriguing to me. Then again, the ice-cream vans were fun to drive and make the jingle sound.I also adored the looks of Aniston BD4, Michelli Roadster and Wellard - were great with speed too.

Back in the day, residential area, was the place I played the most, even more than industrial. Who wouldnīt like driving with the Arachnid from the starting place? biggrin.gif
Then, I didnīt complete all the missions, but I used a tank and cause havoc in the streets. When I finally got the needed sum of money, I was very happy with myself.
Even today I sometimes find it quite fun to put oil leaks on the bridge, that leads to Zaibatsu Village. Or gently push people with the vehicle into the wet death below. Even attaching a bomb to a car and blowing it up there, can be entertaining, but mostly after that the Z-men will hate me, cause thereīs always plenty of them jogging along.
Driving with a golden/yellow Benson makes you feel like a boss... still does.

So, why still industrial? When it was the first time I played the game, it was at my friends place and we were playing it on the same district. When it was my turn, I was so excited when I got into a Box Truck and started driving. The first experience of randomly driving into Mad Island was quite of an experience biggrin.gif
Rumbler and especially Stinger are my favourite cars. I just got bored of Z-type (every district had them).

And yeah, I again downloaded the game, to remind me of my childhood. Watching videos from youtube isnīt just as entertaining, when youīre doing missions etc. by yourself for REAL smile.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:20 PM

Downtown all the ways for me.

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

• Members

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Interesting, according to the poll; Residential District is the main area that most people like and is more competitive to Downtown area where the Industrial District is the lowest of the vote.

However the most thrilling part of Industrial District is the missions where it's more interesting to play than Residential District but the gangs and other miscellaneous missions are equivalent in Downtown.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

Residental district. Most for the cars. turn.gif

Johnny_Cash1983
  • Johnny_Cash1983

CopKilla

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

I voted Downtown because it brings back memory of trying to complete it as a kid.
But Residential District is more fun since it have better cars and places to rampage + Shotgun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users