GTA SA Mods won't work.

10 replies to this topic
Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

Hey, it's a long post, but for a long explanation so sorry. smile.gif

I downloaded IMG 2.0 and downloaded a car mod and put the txd and dff (?) files in GTA3.img all as i should, i deleted the old ones, i saved, rebuilt, and went into GTA SA, Looked for the car however, I found the original one. Even though i had removed it from the GTA3.IMG and entered a new car! I tried SAMI but not even something that simple would work! I un-installed, re-installed and tried again and again with different downloads and different IMG Tools. None work, i always find the original car.

So thats it. Apart from...

1) This is a legally aquired, no-cd cracked version of the game (i bought it legally and got the crack so the disc could be borrowed by a friend)

2) It IS version 1, the apparantly "moddable" version.

3) Sorry if this is the wrong forum, move me over if you wish tounge.gif

Thanks in advance,
Sim.

chikoroll
  • chikoroll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:21 AM Edited by chikoroll, 27 January 2009 - 11:27 AM.

have you backed up GTA3.img?

are you accidentally modifying the backup, not the used version?
the used version is in the directory:
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models

you don't need to delete, add, rebuild etc... that's a load of rubbish
just replace or add, take note of the file size, if it changes, viola you have victory

btw, if you want to change the name of vehicles, download "GTA:San Andreas GXT Editor" and use it to open "American.gxt" in the "text" folder

Download the program "GGMM" to view the Vehicles/Weapons when you have just modded them (make sure they are correct)

Download the program "CarSpawner" to spawn the Vehicles in game, run GTA San Andreas, get into the game itself, and onto a road or field, press "Esc", "Alt+tab" run carspawner, "Inject" "Launch Trainer" and search for the vehicle to spawn (number matches the number in
"vehicles.ide" for a quick reference)

Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply

Unfortunatly, i was unable to find any of the mods i installed. I downloaded GGMM and searched "Stratum" and found the volvo i installed (or atleast attempted to install). It was there and working and it looked great so i used "car spawner" and spawned the stratum, but all that arrived was the original model. I dont suppose you or anyone else has any other ideas?

Thank you anyway!!

i found the GGMM tool very useful, and the carspawner too!

Sim

chikoroll
  • chikoroll

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

hmmm... this is GTA san andreas V1.0 and NOT V2.0 isn't it?

Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

quite sure, i tried the downgrader patch, but it said im allready version 1.00 sad.gif

Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, it deffinatly is version 1 because i can use SA:MP with zero problems confused.gif

Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

Bump, dont suppose there are any other suggestions? thanks in advance smile.gif

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:56 PM

Did you try another cars ? or the Stratum only ?

Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

ive tried lots of cars. I dont suppose you could suggest a car and a tool that worked for you??

Function-X-
  • Function-X-

Negativity Replenish

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:07 PM Edited by Function-X-, 01 February 2009 - 12:09 PM.

I think it happened to me once, 2 cars got mixed for some reason....i think you might see your car ingame but it wont be the stratum

Anyway i say try again ...maybe this car is the problem
just make sure you backup your gta3.img and the data files

Then try another car ...something easy to find ingame, for ex police vehicles or firetruks

Sim188
  • Sim188

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:01 PM

Sucess! i downloaded another police car, and it has worked, thanks to both of you for all your help smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users