» «
Photo

if you mod, do something useful, 10x

13 replies to this topic
tapirsloth
  • tapirsloth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:27 PM Edited by tapirsloth, 27 January 2009 - 01:05 AM.

god modes, weapon and car tweaks, repaints etc not sure that would really improve the quality of the game

how about doing something useful such as:

-fixing that annoying Save system, ie: after getting wasted or arrested, why there is a need to wait for the cutscene to happen and why that would prevent from hitting 'ESC' and access the game's menu? i find that totally retarded and annoying and so "arcade 1990's", i think that should be somewhere some stupid script doing that..

-why not to be able to store some items or weapons in safe houses ? at least some armor that would spawn near the bed; those lofts have plenty of space!

-the police is definitely an annoying issue, it has been mentioned a number of times in the forums. I think something different must be done about it, not completely to remove it but it should be handled differently. Especially when on vigilante missions! also something must be done to let us hit ESC when you are being arrested, it is just f*cking annoying to wait for the stupid script to play the arrest cutscene to the end

and i believe there is a number of other things that must be "fixed" or modified, at least some car steering angles!

Leopard_
  • Leopard_

Call me Leo.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

I agree with the most points. I could try making them...

Gta_Sailer
  • Gta_Sailer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:34 PM

Agreed here as well, amazing idea's inlove.gif

lasallup
  • lasallup

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:10 PM

mods that we actually NEED?...hmm that would be going in another direction

edit: but we have the technology!

Corgi
  • Corgi

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

I don't necessarily agree. A lot of the people who make these so-called useless mods are new to the community, and don't really know how to do anything better or more original. But that's OK because that's how people learn.. baby steps. I know it seems so bizarre to have somebody release a tacky NYPD livery for the millionth time, but maybe in a few months that person will be an important name in modding releasing the latest cars everyone just has to get? I think it's important to promote great suggestions like yours but we have to encourage everyone on here because every effort is a good effort.

Mouta
  • Mouta

Hi OH SILVER! AWAY! Take Care Now...Bye Bye Then

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Corgi @ Jan 27 2009, 02:11)
I don't necessarily agree. A lot of the people who make these so-called useless mods are new to the community, and don't really know how to do anything better or more original. But that's OK because that's how people learn.. baby steps. I know it seems so bizarre to have somebody release a tacky NYPD livery for the millionth time, but maybe in a few months that person will be an important name in modding releasing the latest cars everyone just has to get? I think it's important to promote great suggestions like yours but we have to encourage everyone on here because every effort is a good effort.

now that was a great post! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

Useless mods? sneaky2.gif . Maybe you sould try doing something better.. wait.. you just cant! dozingoff.gif

Toez
  • Toez

Bigger Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

QUOTE (goin-god @ Jan 27 2009, 04:13)
Useless mods? sneaky2.gif . Maybe you sould try doing something better.. wait.. you just cant! dozingoff.gif

Summed it up for me

Intosia
  • Intosia

I'm random! ^^

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

biggrin.gif

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (tapirsloth @ Jan 26 2009, 18:27)
Especially when on vigilante missions! also something must be done to let us hit ESC when you are being arrested, it is just f*cking annoying to wait for the stupid script to play the arrest cutscene to the end

If you're saying that you wanted to paused when the screen is black and white, then I don't think it's posible to mod that. I can be talking sh*t since I don't have IV on my PC, but I think that those events are on the .exe, not on any scripting file.

@coin-god: Don't be a troll, I think that when he meant by useless, he didn't mean that it was bad or anything, but that they didn't improve GTA in any way, performance-wise. wink.gif

Mouta
  • Mouta

Hi OH SILVER! AWAY! Take Care Now...Bye Bye Then

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (VinnyGouveia @ Jan 27 2009, 11:16)
If you're saying that you wanted to paused when the screen is black and white, then I don't think it's posible to mod that. I can be talking sh*t since I don't have IV on my PC, but I think that those events are on the .exe, not on any scripting file.

i think he is saying that you should be abble to skip it.

aceship
  • aceship

Just An Indonesian Scripter

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

i think we should make the reality modes like hunger blader and something else for more complex game,the more complex is the best for games,i cant blame rockstar because i cant make a game better than gta 4 (i never build a game thought)and i suggest the building one, when you fire a rocket to a tree, it never burnt or destroy it, when fire its againts road , it doesnt make the road destroyed, if fired to the building ,the building doesnt destroyed

i suggest this for a movies maker for the super realistic one

the mods for this mods i think ,needs 3-5 type of a building model
1st is the foundation for the building
2nd is the column to build the building straight
3rd the 2nd floor building
when the building is destroy it , it loads 1 model from the first to the end
i think this because it will be very usefull when you use it on a building with very many of enemies
im sorry if this is like a request,i just do some sharing
and the char one, when it was falling from a very high place it doesn t break apart the body
i think it was not suitable for a gamer that doesnt like gore one so there are no function like this
and maybe building your own weapon (not very realistic if you ar making lasergun)is very usefull one

Intosia
  • Intosia

I'm random! ^^

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (aceship @ Jan 30 2009, 07:22)
i think we should make the reality modes like hunger blader and something else for more complex game,the more complex is the best for games,i cant blame rockstar because i cant make a game better than gta 4 (i never build a game thought)and i suggest the building one, when you fire a rocket to a tree, it never burnt or destroy it, when fire its againts road , it doesnt make the road destroyed, if fired to the building ,the building doesnt destroyed

i suggest this for a movies maker for the super realistic one

the mods for this mods i think ,needs 3-5 type of a building model
1st is the foundation for the building
2nd is the column to build the building straight
3rd the 2nd floor building
when the building is destroy it , it loads 1 model from the first to the end
i think this because it will be very usefull when you use it on a building with very many of enemies
im sorry if this is like a request,i just do some sharing
and the char one, when it was falling from a very high place it doesn t break apart the body
i think it was not suitable for a gamer that doesnt like gore one so there are no function like this
and maybe building your own weapon (not very realistic if you ar making lasergun)is very usefull one

Those are all features that have be in the game engine... You cant just 'add' them in. And even if they were in it, the game would run at 2 fps...

GTA_XP
  • GTA_XP

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Man, you really need an wacky-sacky sticked up your ass to
stop these very disappointing posts.
Saying that kinda comments are not necceseray.
If someone is not better, he could be better or find another thing.

Now ontopic.

I agree with some options.
But do you really whats annoying?
When I see someone is getting arrested, I do like to watch that show how hes getting
in the copcar.
But...they stays ages!
Cop doesnt do anything except standing on the road with this crappy gun
in the air and the thief with his hands in the air.
They dont do anything!
Thats very annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users