Photo

GTA IV Traffic

15 replies to this topic
Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Have you noticed that the traffic always trys to "intercept" the trains path when they are on the bridge? NPCs are driving on the Algonquin bridge and when a train passes under them they go suddenly right and hit the fence. WTF? is there a way to fix this? (maybe this should went into modding, but it's good here I think)

JuicyFruitSweeT
  • JuicyFruitSweeT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:21 PM

lol only u experiencing this bro
cheat much.... or should I say download mods much?

noid449
  • noid449

Englishman in The United States

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:34 PM

a question on traffic .. and cars ...

why no huntley in multiplayer or the mercedes looking convertable ... i love those cars tounge.gif

maybe its just my multiplayer anyone?

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Jan 26 2009, 10:51)
Have you noticed that the traffic always trys to "intercept" the trains path when they are on the bridge? NPCs are driving on the Algonquin bridge and when a train passes under them they go suddenly right and hit the fence. WTF? is there a way to fix this? (maybe this should went into modding, but it's good here I think)

Police Sirens will cause AI cars to swerve out of the way. Could this be what you're seeing?

shivanandrs
  • shivanandrs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:46 PM

Same thing happens to me...and it only happens when the train passes. All the traffic turn suddenly to the right as if to avoid hitting the train. This is on the broker bridge only. I could probably post a pic when i get home.

Wheelman
  • Wheelman

n00b patrol

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

The traffic does this for me at a specific point on the bridge when I'm in a (civilian) car, let alone a train. Suddenly all the traffic will swerve to one side or another as you get near, often ramming the barriers or totalling their own cars in the process. I'm not sure whether this is the same issue as the train thingy though.

It's the only traffic issue I've noticed with the game so far. I must say that the general traffic AI in IV is a vast improvement over the previous games, where it was pretty blatant and obvious in many situations that they were speeding up, slowing down or changing lanes to try and get in your way. Apart from the bridges, IV traffic drives pretty fluidly. The only tiny niggle is their reaction speed to traffic lights - it's measured on a calendar rather than a stopwatch. colgate.gif And sometimes they really like to drive through a red, and wait on a green.

Columbo
  • Columbo

Blaine County Resident

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Jan 26 2009, 19:46)
QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Jan 26 2009, 10:51)

Police Sirens will cause AI cars to swerve out of the way. Could this be what you're seeing?

This happens to me all the time as well. I can't say I have noticed it on PC yet, but on PS3 I noticed it right away. It's very clear that it's the train that causes this to happen.

bartekxyz
  • bartekxyz

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:55 PM Edited by bartekxyz, 26 January 2009 - 11:02 PM.

You should watch this before complaining about GTA traffic AI biggrin.gif

shivanandrs
  • shivanandrs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (bartekxyz @ Jan 26 2009, 18:55)
You should watch this before complaining about GTA traffic AI:D

biggrin.gif I not complaining, It really does not bother me at all cuz when all the cars go right i sometimes have enough time to speed through on the empty lane. devil.gif

bwtodd
  • bwtodd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:10 AM

i get this as well... it can be annoying at times as it always seems to happen as i am about to pass. but it not that major... although it can take away from immersion...

frequenco
  • frequenco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:00 AM

Very emberassing for R*

DaveC2003
  • DaveC2003

DC

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:03 AM

I noticed while playing a multiplayer game last night that some cars were driving past with NO NPC driver in it and could not hijack it notify.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

Yeah I'm 100% sure it's the train, it's kinda odd, when I see traffic doing this crazy sh*t, I always go "ah train incoming on track 2, please stay away from the railroad in a 1 mile perimeter... :\" I really hate this bug, and it's kind of annoying that the traffic pulls over for me when I put on sirens, but they don't pull over for real cops.
And another bug. Have you noticed the Ambulance driver is "driving" like a cucumber in a hering can? So nohow... They always crash into cars, buildings etc.
And the traffic is rediculously slow (I know they are driving at 50 Km/h) but is there a way to make 50 Km/h faster?

EDIT: one last thing is that the traffic can't stop at red lights? There's a road near star junction where every car slows down at the red light then passes... At least in SA they could driver (don't tell me anything about the highway lol biggrin.gif)
  • vlad_8011 likes this

Moshi
  • Moshi

!!! Trance !!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Yeah I noticed this annoying sh*t too. On bridges cars going left and right. Didn't figure out it's because of trains.

Keith in the Woods
  • Keith in the Woods

sheeps fall down!!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

i always wondered what caused this, everytime i go over that bridge i wait for the inevitable swerving of cars infront of me, ruined a few cars on that bridge because of it.

vlad_8011
  • vlad_8011

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

We have 2017, few patches later, problem(s) still here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users