Momo FF Wheel - GTA IV 1.0.2.0

27 replies to this topic
Nitram96
  • Nitram96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:47 PM

Hi,

I m trying to play GTA IV with my Momo Wheel since a few hours but it won't work.

I read, that i have to use a Programm to map my controls. So I startet my Logitech Profiler and trie to...
I tried and I tried.... but i really don't know how...

Could someone please tell me (and all the others) step by step how to map your wheel correctly for the game and whatever I hve to do also to run it with my wheel.

(first Problem is, that i dont know which Programm i have to use for my Momo Profil: GTA IV.exe or Social Club...)

I am using Vista 64

And my english is not so good because I'm german ^^

Thx for ur help!

Martin

Nitram96
  • Nitram96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

*push

Another question to that:

Can anyone play GTA IV 1.0.2.0 with his wheel correctly?

If yes: please tell us how u did it wink.gif

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

Use "GTAIV.exe" to attach to profile.

Create a .txt file using notepad called "commandline", and put "-usedirectinput" within it.

Make sure the device is plugged in and you are able to test the inputs in the "Device", "Game Controllers..." menu.

Nitram96
  • Nitram96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

THX a lot so far - thats working

but how can i bind my wheel for steering my car. only way ist so set a and d to my wheel axis.
but thats not "smooth" (i hope u know what i mean)

how can i bind my wheel to the steering axis of that xbox360 controller?

thunderoot
  • thunderoot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:50 PM

Hi,
Well, I was in the same situation as you with this.
I have a MOMO steering wheel and pedals and was looking forward to using it with this game. It has great potential for just cruising around the city. I encountered the exact same problem you did. After mapping the wheel through the game controller configuration section it would only give me a hard right or hard left. Nothing in between. steering was like a drunken sailor on a saturday night. I tried everything I could. I loaded the latest logitech controller program from thier site and used this as well to configure and tune the axis but to no avail.
Finally I re-read the instructions from Rockstar. The trick is to create a txt file following thier instruction and place it in the games main game directory. As the game loads it reads this commanline text file and allows your wheel to link up dirctly to the game.
After three frustrating days and nights I am pleased to say it works absolutly great! Smooth progressive turning and acceleration. I even mapped the buttons on the wheel to the horn, lights,views, etc.
So, the lesson here is before we all blame the software guys, read, the instructions carefully.
Try this, it DOES work. if you have any problems e-mail me back and I'll walk you through it in more detail.
P.S. Thanks Rockstar games for a great game, the story and graphics are wow, and I love the living drivable city. (wasn't too crazy about some of the radio talk)

thunderoot
  • thunderoot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Hi Martin,
Just to be clear, I created the commadline.txt file as per Rockstars instructions and placed it in the GTA IV dirctory. Then I started the Logitech controller profile software. While in it I then created a game profile called GTA4. (you can call it anything you want)
I then linked the game profile I just created to the game .exe through the Logiotech profiler program.(it allows you to browse your hard drive till you find the game folders and the .exe file for the game)
So, if you done it correctly, you start GTA IV through the Logitech controller program using the new game profile you just created. (sounds complicated but isn't really). The game profiler program runs in the background while you play the game.
Good luck.

mixer
  • mixer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:53 PM

I still cannot get it to steer or accelerate smoothly, it works in on/off motions only. Could anyone give a screenshot on how their logitec profiler is configured.

Nitram96
  • Nitram96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

Same Problem here....

Buttons are working, paddels and wheel not... (just on / off)

To the wheel pros: PLEASE HELP wink.gif ^^

modCJpls
  • modCJpls

The Armageddon is near.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:44 PM Edited by modCJpls, 09 February 2009 - 01:09 PM.

I would like know aswell smile.gif

EDIT: FOUND OUT HOW TO GET SMOOTH STEERING!

http://xpadder.awardspace.com/ <- Download this first

Install it and run the program, then create a new profile.

Clock on the Sticks tab, and choose Stick 1. Turn your wheel to the left to let it recognise it (This emulates the left joystick on 360 controller)

From there, you can set the two triggers as your pedals and add buttons if you wish.

Save the profile, and minimise the program to tray.

Run GTA IV and it will think there is a 360 pad plugged in, this is normal. You can use your wheel without adjusting any settings

logitechdog
  • logitechdog

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

can u bind the wheel and pedals to the thumb sticks.... as you need a analog input device...

on/ off is digital which a button would be... or the top triggers?

Nitram96
  • Nitram96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:29 AM Edited by Nitram96, 12 February 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Hi, i trie to do it with this xboxpadder:

No Problem to map my wheel to the programm, but ingame it still won't work...

sad.gif

I even cant Map my Keys to the game. Seems like GTA didnt recognize that Programm as XBOX Controller....

Maybe i deletet a nesseary file in GTA main folder. (while trying to use my wheel with diferent programms)

I have those files in it (Sortet by Type)

1.wgp
GTA IV Verknüpfung (link)
Lizenz Wiederufen
commandline.txt
files.txt
GTAIV.exe
lang
GTAIV (icon)
binkw32.dll
FirewallInstallHelper.dll
GameuxInstallHelper.dll
GTAIVGDF.dll
LivaTokenHelper.dll
Paul.dll
GTAIV.exe.cfg
GTAIV.exe.cdf
logo-paul
gtaivBrowser
gtaivEncoder
GTAIV
LaunchGTAIV

Did i deletet files?

Istari-CHH
  • Istari-CHH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hi,

ok same problem here....

I have th Logitech MomoRacing...so I tried several setups...

ok pedals not working..wheel is working but honestly it is useless to accel with the keyboard and steer with one hand....

so someone said to use the Logitech Profiler soft to start the game from there...fine...
but then the "commands" "usedirectinput" is not working..

so i created the commandline.txt and saved it in the folder where the "lauchgtaiv.exe and gtaiv.exe" is....

guess what ...no success...it seems it is not recognizing my commandline.txt....

what i am doing wrong ?

thx for any help and support !

Greetings
Istari

GerryTheLeper
  • GerryTheLeper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

Hi, I'm in the same situation as Nitram96.

None of my buttons/pedals/wheel can be mapped in the in-gme menu using any of these methods. I am using a Logitech Driving Force Pro.

Istari-CHH
  • Istari-CHH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hi again,

ok found out why my commandline.txt was not working..it wasn't saved as "ANSI"......

ok now GTA is recognizing the commands...whell is working in the game, buttons also....but no pedals....
nor is the steering very direct....any ideas how i cana djust this or use the pedals...used the Profiler but no real reaction it seems....

thx for any support !

Greets
Istari

Nitram96
  • Nitram96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:58 AM Edited by Nitram96, 20 February 2009 - 06:00 AM.

Peddal Problem:

Try to uncombinine ur Peddals.

My Commanline.txt is saved as ANSI

Sammy_gt
  • Sammy_gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

Hi all!

First off all - thanks for this topic!

I have a little trouble with adjusting my Logitech MOMO racing wheel in GTA 4 and I would be very grateful if someone can help me or give an idea!!

So
1. I have a latest GTA 4 patch and MOMO wheel drivers installed.
2. I have a commandline file with "-usedireñtinput" string as it should be (thanks again!).
3. I don't use that xbox emulator.
4. The wheel and pedals WORK normally!!! but...

The trouble is, that i cannot adjust some settings of the wheel.
- I cannot adjust wheel's deadzone value. I want to minimize it to 0.
- I cannot adjust a "weight" of the wheel. The wheel is too tight. I want to make it lighter at turning.

I tried to change corresponding values in logitech profiler and also in control panel - game controllers, but it doesnt have any result. I set the deadzone to 0% and turned all effects to 0%, but it doesnt result in game.
Settings like "Wheel sensitivity" and "Wheel range" are working correctly.

It seems to me that GTA4 has its own part of game controller settings in own configuration file or registry. But which?

Did I explain my problem clearly? sad.gif I tried best with my bad English, sorry!

Thanks again in advance to all!!!

CamelX
  • CamelX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Sammy_gt @ Feb 24 2009, 09:28)
Hi all!

First off all - thanks for this topic!

I have a little trouble with adjusting my Logitech MOMO racing wheel in GTA 4 and I would be very grateful if someone can help me or give an idea!!

So
1. I have a latest GTA 4 patch and MOMO wheel drivers installed.
2. I have a commandline file with "-usedireñtinput" string as it should be (thanks again!).
3. I don't use that xbox emulator.
4. The wheel and pedals WORK normally!!! but...

The trouble is, that i cannot adjust some settings of the wheel.
- I cannot adjust wheel's deadzone value. I want to minimize it to 0.
- I cannot adjust a "weight" of the wheel. The wheel is too tight. I want to make it lighter at turning.

I tried to change corresponding values in logitech profiler and also in control panel - game controllers, but it doesnt have any result. I set the deadzone to 0% and turned all effects to 0%, but it doesnt result in game.
Settings like "Wheel sensitivity" and "Wheel range" are working correctly.

It seems to me that GTA4 has its own part of game controller settings in own configuration file or registry. But which?

Did I explain my problem clearly? sad.gif I tried best with my bad English, sorry!

Thanks again in advance to all!!!

I also searched hard enough, but even if Xpadder solved the deadzone problem (hard to find, but it can be set there), NO force feedback and NO sensitivity tuning means a big Hooray for the new patch, which is still just another pat on the crap dozingoff.gif
Oh, btw I have Logi Formula Force EX, not MOMO

anzudragon
  • anzudragon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:15 AM Edited by anzudragon, 26 February 2009 - 07:15 AM.

hi guys, just want to give some information. Im using Logitech driving force EX, I did the command.txt and download the lastest software for my wheel from logitech website, then I plug my wheel in and it s work great, smoothy. But the thing is that I cannot adjust the deadzone and force feedback, its too hard and slow

Sry for my English. ^^

Edit: I can fix the force feedback by adjust in the properties of the wheel setting, but deadzone made driving become fake

Sammy_gt
  • Sammy_gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:03 AM

CamelX, I made FF and sensitivity work already using xbox emulator. By the way FF is poor enough, it's not really generated by the game, its' just a "simulation" of a FF.
But I still couldnt solve the deadzone problem! sad.gif .

Sammy_gt
  • Sammy_gt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:12 AM

anzudragon, I have a problem with large deadzone too. Searched and tried a lot, but with no result yet.

Here is a topic about enabling a Logitec G25 (I dont think that my Logitec MOMO is much different) in GTA 4.
[BOUNTY] Controller mod, please for the love of god
The point is that author of the topic finally made it work, and as he says he also removed a deadzone. I even wrote him a private message with questions, but he didn't answer yet.

CamelX
  • CamelX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2009 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Sammy_gt @ Feb 26 2009, 08:12)
anzudragon, I have a problem with large deadzone too. Searched and tried a lot, but with no result yet.

Here is a topic about enabling a Logitec G25 (I dont think that my Logitec MOMO is much different) in GTA 4.
[BOUNTY] Controller mod, please for the love of god
The point is that author of the topic finally made it work, and as he says he also removed a deadzone. I even wrote him a private message with questions, but he didn't answer yet.

The XPadder prog has sort of a deadzone remover, but you'd need a combination of all hell of emulators, and still FFB is not the thing. Well, couldn't expect that to work with one or two patches, so I gave up on that. The funny thing is that the good ole' Mafia - City of lost Haven has a fully working and enjoyable wheel support possibility, even though it's been many years...

anzudragon
  • anzudragon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:40 AM Edited by anzudragon, 27 February 2009 - 08:45 AM.

I dun know how to make it, can u give some instruction? Thks

CamelX
  • CamelX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (anzudragon @ Feb 27 2009, 08:40)
I dun know how to make it, can u give some instruction? Thks

On Xpadder - go to settings (that wrench icon) and then go to Values, where you can set the default axis/trigger deadzone. The funny thing is that in properties it says Rumble/Force feedback = 'NO (X)'. For my Formula Force Ex wheel that is. Kinda stupid sarcasm.gif

nomad4
  • nomad4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

I can't wait for them to remove the deadzone. I am using the 360 racing wheel and it is properly recognized, and in the Gaming Control Panel in Windows (x64 Vista Ultimate), it even says that it is a wheel. The dead zone is the biggest problem right now!!!

Once that is gone, I am going to grab up a Logitech G25!

wrxsti_05
  • wrxsti_05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

I got a copy of GTA IV for pc and I was also wondering how to get a racing wheel working with the game. I guess you could say i'm really not all that tech savvy and I don't fully understand the explination that has been given. Could someone reply to this with a step by step guide of how to get a Logitech G25 Racing Wheel to work with GTA IV for pc?

gobloxs
  • gobloxs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:22 PM

Why would you guys even mention wheel support in the patch notes if this is the best you can do? Protip: The dead zone makes it unplayable. Wheel support in a game that also features FPS gameplay is not new and it's not rocket science. If someone the staff actually cared I'd suggest looking at BF2's controller setup; they got it right the first time out of the box in 2005. Obviously this is what 3 minutes "effort" to include a directinput library gets us; why bother?

ltnltn
  • ltnltn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

sad.gif i have a saitek R660, maybe it is not frequently used, i plug in ,and open GTA4, well , the game reconigze my device, but the problem is , the wheel can only control the rotating of the view , as well as the gas pedal!!!!, god, i map the keyboard to the wheel with the SST program which provided by Satik, it may me crazy , only on/off effects.

Does anybody know about the setting of this kind of device ? It's name is Saitek,thank you very much for helping!!!!!

Homeboy25do
  • Homeboy25do

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

please upload xpadder profile or logitech profile for all.

i needed, it dont get it to work with my logitech drivign force gt.

thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users