• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
mickyfen
  • mickyfen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hello peeps.

Just reinstalled & played & I seem to be stuck at Vlads Clean Getaway mission. I knick the car fine & drive it to the lock up. But there's no phone call from Vlad telling me to go get it clean.

Seem to work fine the 1st time I played. It's since I've installed that 1.2 patch. I'm using a Nvidia 7600GT & as you all know that had the graphics problem & I was well excited to get in to since the patch has the fix for the 7000G4 series. & that's the only reason why I reinstalled it, cause of this patch. But to sub one bug for another... That's just wrong!

Anyone confirm this?

Thanks
mickyfen

Chueiri
  • Chueiri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

mad.gif

I Had the same problem!!! after installing the new 1.0.2.0 patch this mission stop working, I can get the car but I never receive the call telling to clean the car and put it in the garage.

and the garage keeps closed and I have nothing to do... I think we have to downgrade to the old patch sad.gif

did you find any way to complete the mission!??? I already tried to clean the car in the car wash but no success, the garage still closed.

[]īs

mickyfen
  • mickyfen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

I haven't found away to skip or get this mission to work. Thought there might have been a cheat code to skip the level, but I can't find one.

Any ways, thanks for confirming.

Can't play the game with the 1.1 patch,with me having a 7600GT, the graphics just slowly dissopear after 10mins of running around.

Rockstar Toronto
  • Rockstar Toronto

Rockstar Games Technical Support

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

If you are experiencing the "Clean Getaway" issue where the mission cannot be completed, make sure you are using a legitimate copy of GTA IV PC.

If you have a legitimate copy of GTA IV PC and you are still experiencing the issue, please make sure you are not using a cracked launcher (ie. the "no disc" launcher).

ah0i.bRAuSe
  • ah0i.bRAuSe

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Toronto @ Jan 26 2009, 16:55)
If you are experiencing the "Clean Getaway" issue where the mission cannot be completed, make sure you are using a legitimate copy of GTA IV PC.

If you have a legitimate copy of GTA IV PC and you are still experiencing the issue, please make sure you are not using a cracked launcher (ie. the "no disc" launcher).

why are you building new problems for the people that bought the game ?? ! damn.. do you really think that something like that will stop the piracy for more than a few hours ?? no it wont.. the people that pirate it will get a new launcher some minutes to hours after patch rls and the ones that are using the securom launcher and bought the game are the ones who are f*cked now.. nice wink.gif

aren't you able to make a simple legal no dvd launcher ! i know this will never happen (at least you aren't a sort of a quite good company as blizzard or some others) but aren't you able to realize that you only f*ck the buyers with such methods ??

lol.. thats really impossible and inacceptable sad.gif

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

You seem to miss the point ah0i.bRAuSe this issue DOES NOT AFFECT those that legitimately purchased the game. I have played the PC version through 4 times too completion and now going through it a 5th time with no problems whatsoever with any of the missions.

The reason why I don't have any problems is because I have a retail version and I have not used any cracks whatsoever. I use the game within the terms of the license that I paid money for and the game works as it should. The only people suffering these problems are those that stole the game or using it outside the terms of the license that they paid for and to be honest I really couldn't give a f*ck if they are having problems personally.

I hope Rockstar has put many more anti piracy triggers in the game and I hope the freeloaders get even more frustrated with trying to play a game that they didn't pay for. Meanwhile as a legitimate paying customer I am happy that my copy still works well and the copy protection is fairly unnoticeable. The only annoying thing is I have to shuttle a dvd between my two PC's. However I will be purchasing a second copy of GTA 4 so I won't have to do that instead of being a cheap ass and try and use a no dvd crack that is clearly flawed.

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

Not true , CD do nothing it`s only needed to verify original disc , cd do nothing in game , in game you can remove cd and nothing will happend game run fine .....
This is not fake launcher bug it`s f*cking patch bug and you know that and you don`t know how to fix it !
Face the true R*

toe_can
  • toe_can

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

guys2..
just got a solution and works for me..
what i do is reinstall the gta4 and make sure not to update to any latest gta patch..
niko gave vlad a call, took blista to carwash, the lockup opened, im so happy..
finished clean getaway mission..

please try, works for me!
gud luck!

mickyfen
  • mickyfen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

lol @ CharmingCharlie. Someone sounds bitter alien.gif

Yeah toe_can, I also removed & reinstalled, but to the 1.1 patch only. Works fine now!!!

emcax24
  • emcax24

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (CharmingCharlie @ Jan 26 2009, 22:14)
However I will be purchasing a second copy of GTA 4 so I won't have to do that instead of being a cheap ass and try and use a no dvd crack that is clearly flawed.

way to be a sucker. this is 2009, who wants to be keeping track of dvd's? trying not to get it scratched as you take it in and out of your drive to play a game that doesnt need the dvd for any reason other than copy protection and so that you scratch it up and have to go buy another one.

this game runs super sh*tty anyway. i cant drop $60 on a game that runs terrible on a nice system. what they need to do is go back to 1997 and focus on making fun games that work. i played gta1 on a 486 and the minimum req was a pentium. thats how you make a game. not like gta4 that runs like turd on a system that far exceeds the recommended specs on the box.

/soapbox.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (mickyfen @ Jan 27 2009, 19:53)
lol @ CharmingCharlie. Someone sounds bitter alien.gif

Yeah toe_can, I also removed & reinstalled, but to the 1.1 patch only. Works fine now!!!

why would I sound bitter ? I love the game I can't get enough of it and I am quite happy to have rewarded Rockstar for their work unlike some others on this forum that seem to be just leeching cretins.

Anyway this has been solved if you are having issues like this then buy the game or don't use the crack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users