Hot Dog Stand Removed

292 replies to this topic
Shof
  • Shof

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

On the corner of Harrison St and Bunker Hill Ave (by the East Borough Bridge in broker) is no longer there after installing patch 2. Anyone else notice missing food vendors, i know i seen some posts with objects removed but now they are removing ways to recover some health kinda makes the game more annoying devil.gif

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Shof @ Jan 25 2009, 19:29)
On the corner of Harrison St and Bunker Hill Ave (by the East Borough Bridge in broker) is no longer there after installing patch 2. Anyone else notice missing food vendors, i know i seen some posts with objects removed but now they are removing ways to recover some health kinda makes the game more annoying devil.gif

Ah balls, I think you might be right. I was playing last night after installing the patch and noticed the one near the hospital wasn't there. I just assumed it would be back later..

Damn. sad.gif I have a movie idea I am planning which uses those vendors.. sad.gif

Hope there is a way to reenable them via modding or something.

okei
  • okei

Dressed to kill like I'm Gianni Versace

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

It seems like a lot of little things have been removed in the patch.

supermanz0d
  • supermanz0d

The Don Killuminati

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

sh*t yeah i noticed that too, i was lookin for that dude so i could shoot his gas tank on the hotdog machine smile.gif

SWEETSAPRIK
  • SWEETSAPRIK

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci
  • Unknown
  • Sourest Member

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:30 PM

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058908625

I've seen all sorts of things just go missing after this patch. The only vendor I noticed was the one in front of the bike shop in Alderney, but I'm sure the more we play the more we'll notice.

I really hope this is just a dodgy patch, or there's a way to have these things return to the game. I really, really hope they didn't just go around removing crap at random to make it seem like they actually improved performance. sad.gif

Vicetopia
  • Vicetopia

Factory Overclocked

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

So this is how they improve fps?
Remove stuff and assume no one will notice?

Awesome. Just awesome.

PacMaan
  • PacMaan

LIES

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:33 PM

lolz never thought of that - sneaky bastards huh

GODzillaGSPB
  • GODzillaGSPB

Pinboard Dinosaur

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

I figured this wouldn't be important enough to make a new topic, so I post it here:

There is another tiny bug with patch 1.0.2.0: When I drive a Banshee into of the two pay 'n spray garages in Algonquin it comes out silver or grey. ALWAYS. No more colors. ^^

It doesn't happen with other cars (as far as I can tell) and it doesn't happen with other pay 'n spray garages. colgate.gif

HakuAnime
  • HakuAnime

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Sweets @ Jan 25 2009, 21:30)

http://www.gtaforums...st&p=1058908625

I've seen all sorts of things just go missing after this patch. The only vendor I noticed was the one in front of the bike shop in Alderney, but I'm sure the more we play the more we'll notice.

I really hope this is just a dodgy patch, or there's a way to have these things return to the game. I really, really hope they didn't just go around removing crap at random to make it seem like they actually improved performance. sad.gif

Yeah. I'm really hoping they didn't intentionally remove all this stuff just to increase the FPS. Removing stuff from the game just because they don't want to optimize it and fix bugs is just very low.

solrac500
  • solrac500

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (GODzillaGSPB @ Jan 25 2009, 22:11)
I figured this wouldn't be important enough to make a new topic, so I post it here:

There is another tiny bug with patch 1.0.2.0: When I drive a Banshee into of the two pay 'n spray garages in Algonquin it comes out silver or grey. ALWAYS. No more colors. ^^

It doesn't happen with other cars (as far as I can tell) and it doesn't happen with other pay 'n spray garages.  colgate.gif

I had this problem with the Blista but, I just resprayed it about 7 times and it finally turned a different color
just keep respraying it, maybe that will work for you.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:25 AM Edited by SlingShotUK, 26 January 2009 - 01:58 PM.

Regarding the hotdog sellers, maybe we could add them back in via modding.

I'm sure I read about an objects file that defines where objects appear where. If this also includes fixed hotdog sellers etc, we could compare the file in v1.0 to v1.0.2 and then perhaps add them back in.

Might be worth looking into...

EDIT: I'm going to look into this. I just need to get the old files from v1.0 then I'll do some comparisons of the relevant files. If there are differences I'll put the vendors back in.

JeffPwick
  • JeffPwick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Shof @ Jan 25 2009, 19:29)

Could you possibly take a photo of this place, post it here, i would check if its there for me. As far i haven't noticed any missing things after the patch.

The-Real-Gta-Fan
  • The-Real-Gta-Fan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

After patch 2 i think they went for Holiday !!

devil.gif dontgetit.gif dozingoff.gif happy.gif sleepy.gif tounge2.gif rampage_ani.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif orly.gif icon14.gif whatsthat.gif sigh.gif

Shof
  • Shof

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (JeffPwick @ Jan 26 2009, 08:08)
Could you possibly take a photo of this place, post it here, i would check if its there for me. As far i haven't noticed any missing things after the patch.

Heres the missing hot dog stand:
http://i42.tinypic.com/i3c2kk.png

And here is missing objects on the east borough bridge as well:
http://i42.tinypic.com/15h0vmg.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/mmaq15.png

ShXIII
  • ShXIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Shof @ Jan 26 2009, 14:16)
QUOTE (JeffPwick @ Jan 26 2009, 08:08)

Heres the missing hot dog stand:
http://i42.tinypic.com/i3c2kk.png

And here is missing objects on the east borough bridge as well:
http://i42.tinypic.com/15h0vmg.png
http://i44.tinypic.com/mmaq15.png

forget whats missing, just look at those nasty jagged edges on everything, this game looks like absolute sh*t on the PC.

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:07 PM Edited by gta-man22, 26 January 2009 - 03:09 PM.

i think that i will put the 1.0v again, this patch f*cked up so many things. icon13.gif

i laught at the people that made this awful patch, it sucks, it only remove objets to get FPS and , if i put vision distance to 100%, things disapear. WTF

Sumo-Soldier
  • Sumo-Soldier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

who needs hot dogs when u have the nurishment of CLUCKIN BELL!!! biggrin.gif

gta-man22
  • gta-man22

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE (Sumo-Soldier @ Jan 26 2009, 15:11)
who needs hot dogs when u have the nurishment of CLUCKIN BELL!!! biggrin.gif

/SARCASM

warlordcs
  • warlordcs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

if the got rid of those little details to improove fps than why are most people getting 1 or 2 less fps then they were

Pantheon
  • Pantheon

is barrel rolling

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

I'm really glad that they didn't remove the cars and pedestrians to improve performance.
Thank you R*!

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Pantheon @ Jan 26 2009, 16:15)
I'm really glad that they didn't remove the cars and pedestrians to improve performance.
Thank you R*!

They could have removed the whole map. Imagine how much FPS we'd get, falling from the skies endlessly.

I think removing stuff had it's reasons, makes the game more realistic - vendor don't always stay at the same place and the road works usually are finished at some point. But what I don't like is that they were removed PERMANENTLY< R* shoul have moves them to the area where the graphics loading isn't so demanding.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

This is similar to a mod that was released for GTAIII. Many users had FPS issues and what not, so a member from this very forum made a mod to remove peds, leaves and other little misc. things around to increase the FPS.

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

i seriously doubt that removing the stands has anything to do with FPSs

come on ppl, think. it's just one small object. it's merely 2% of the stress the world is puttin on the GPU. maybe its for gameplay reasons? i dont know. i dont care.

and for me the patch made the game run SOOOOO much better. i am loving it.

and for the guy who said the game looks like [email protected] on the PC - this screen shot is on very low settings. my game on my rig looks amazing and runs smoothly.

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 26 2009, 17:45)
and for the guy who said the game looks like [email protected] on the PC - this screen shot is on very low settings. my game on my rig looks amazing and runs smoothly.

+1.

I am still blown away by the graphical and audio experience of this game on the PC..

I sometimes just walk around Star Junction at night and soak up the atmosphere.. Oh and taking a chopper around Algonquin in truly mind blowing.

One thing I noticed on the PC version is that you can see actual cars from the highest buildings.. On the console everything look deserted from high up or you just saw lights moving along the roads.. Brilliant improvement on the PC version in that respect..

Lutra78
  • Lutra78

MGMT

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

Come on guys, removing a hot dog stand does not increase the fps noticeable. And the other few things that are gone or are changed over to other places do not increase the fps, too. Or had anyone a fps-decrease by walking by a hot dog stand before??? wink.gif

Jah.Volunteer
  • Jah.Volunteer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Lutra78 @ Jan 26 2009, 18:46)
Come on guys, removing a hot dog stand does not increase the fps noticeable. And the other few things that are gone or are changed over to other places do not increase the fps, too. Or had anyone a fps-decrease by walking by a hot dog stand before??? wink.gif

so why remove them?

Dcrysis02
  • Dcrysis02

The Stronger One

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Jah.Volunteer @ Jan 26 2009, 18:51)
QUOTE (Lutra78 @ Jan 26 2009, 18:46)

so why remove them?

Because they have family,and they can't stand there all the time....DUUH!

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

doesnt having less hot dog stands decrease the load on the memory a bit?

CaptainDingo
  • CaptainDingo

Not actually a captain, or a dingo.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

It'd very slightly decrease the load, but I've still seen plenty of hotdog vendors around. I don't see why they'd remove one specific hotdog vendor and still leave a bunch in other places that presumably could benefit from removing them.

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:21 PM Edited by syrdax, 26 January 2009 - 07:28 PM.

Sorry, I don't understand... when or where were the hotdog stand removed?
They are there, where they always are for me... Let me take a picture. dontgetit.gif
Got it:

user posted image

As you can see, I'm using the latest patch. And the hotdog stands are in their places, all of them.
Sorry if I misunderstood the post. blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users