Photo

My Chemical Romance

113 replies to this topic
Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

Life's short. Get over it, moron.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

A thread dedicated to my (and your, if only) favorite band, My Chemical Romance.

user posted image

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:46 PM

You don't have any idea what you just got yourself into...

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'm a meteorologist, and I predict a sh*tstorm coming straight for this topic.

None-the-less though, I don't like this band. Whiny, fashion sensitive, pop-culture suckling dicks. If you ask me.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

<629

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

DO NOT WANT

...at all.

ToyMachine
  • ToyMachine

Scum.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

They're great!

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:19 PM

GTFO now with this emofag punk wannabe sh*t. Go discuss this sh*t at livejournal.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:27 PM

Too easy.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:40 PM

Your favorite band? Like ever?

There is no other group in the history of music that entertains you then this very recent pop band? The Beatles maybe, or Zeppelin? Can I end anymore sentences in Question Marks?

So please explain to me why this band is good, we'll talk about it like gentleman so as to prevent lockage.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Jan 25 2009, 02:27)
Too easy.

QFT.

I'd make fun of it, but it almost feels like taking the time out to drown someone who's already dead.

Digital Murders
  • Digital Murders

&?

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jan 25 2009, 08:01)
I'm a meteorologist, and I predict a sh*tstorm coming straight for this topic.

Did you say....sh*tstorm?

Scarface187
  • Scarface187

Putting out the fire with gasoline.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

The only some what positive thing I have to say about them is that they are at least better than Fall Out Boy or Panic at the Disco but even then thats not saying much.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:57 AM

Is it bad to create a topic like this? Why would you just go and discuss topics in other threads than bashing in a topic which was decently made for MCR fans, not criticizers like you guys. Why won't you create your own band and let's see who has the better hits?

Seriously, why would you bash this band? What if I say Led Zeppelin sucked? The Beatles are nonsense? Jimi Hendrix is a fag? Michael Jackson is gay? Flo-Rida is masochistic? Soulja Boy has a coarse voice?Would it hurt you? Yes it will, unless you're an alien. And that's what I feel if people like you say that. Do I return the favor?

Look, we have our own opinions. I understand that. Yet, I would just like to request that criticize in a NICE way, not like you guys show you're screwing attitude. I would even accept debates, but NOT arguments. I wish you guys learn.

BTW, MCR is NOT EMO! Why do you nerds keep saying and blabbering that MCR is EMO? They're not. The vocalist, Gerard Way, said that EMO is GARBAGE. You may even search it in YouTube.

Do even people here studied G.M.R.C.?

tw!tch
  • tw!tch

●̪

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (Playstation_Loyalist @ Jan 26 2009, 21:57)
Flo-Rida is masochistic? Soulja Boy has a coarse voice?Would it hurt you? Yes it will

uhh, what posts in this topic gave you that impression? mercie_blink.gif

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

I like 'em, because I can't help it. When their music hits my ears, it sounds good. Sorry people of the Forum, I like MCR. I think it has to do with the fact that their from Newark, NJ, very close to me in Rahway, NJ.

And I don't give a mighty f*ck.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:47 PM

f*ck YOU SOULJA BOY HAS THE VOICE OF A SAINT

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:54 PM

Eh, I can't really moan. I don't get what gratification you all have by putting this band down. As mentioned before, it'd be like holding a child underwater with your foot; sooner or later it's going to drown, so there's no real point in doing anything but watch them. I don't know what sets MCR apart from every other appalling band out there, but either way we should do the same to MCR as we do to those; leave them alone, and let the suck hard their own way.

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Jan 27 2009, 00:54)
Eh, I can't really moan. I don't get what gratification you all have by putting this band down. As mentioned before, it'd be like holding a child underwater with your foot; sooner or later it's going to drown, so there's no real point in doing anything but watch them. I don't know what sets MCR apart from every other appalling band out there, but either way we should do the same to MCR as we do to those; leave them alone, and let the suck hard their own way.

But that's no fun!

Craig
  • Craig

Hell Interface

• Members
  • None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

Maybe not, that's a good point.

I tell you what, hold a staged event. Rally up some friends, buy a CD, put them in a pile and burn them. Maybe you'll get some media attention and be in the papers as the largest anti-MCR rally in existence. The power is yours, Trows! Just don't set your beard on fire.

Playstation_Loyalist
  • Playstation_Loyalist

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Jay @ Jan 26 2009, 13:47)
f*ck YOU SOULJA BOY HAS THE VOICE OF A SAINT

This is stupid. I just said "What if", unlike some of your comrades who are whining like they've never seen daylight in the past 1 minute. Don't you know how to use your logic?

Oh, and for the NJ guy, welcome aboard. Don't mind the peasants out there pulling your pants off.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Playstation_Loyalist @ Jan 26 2009, 23:38)
QUOTE (Jay @ Jan 26 2009, 13:47)
*sarcasm*

*trollbait*

Dude, come on.

You can beat your drum about differences of opinion and such, and we're not disputing that. The fact of the matter is, unless you slide away to a MCR forum, you will not find a majority of people who would agree with you that the band is good. Pick a forum at random with a music board and post this in there, you'll get the same reaction. MCR is an easy target (read: my first post) and posting so naively in a board which is full of metalheads and other assorted music listeners (read: not MCR fans) will only result in a lambasting of rather predictable proportions.

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Take a look around this forum; hardly anyone creates an topic for their favourite band. That is, unless they're a legendary band that deserves such recognition. The reason is that the chances of finding somebody who feels the same way as you are as about as likely as you becoming the band's next lead guitarist! The majority of people will always hate your favourite band, no matter what band that is.

I made the obvious decision and made a thread relating to a genre, rather than an actual band. The punk topic is still alive today because I'm not forcing people to talk about one specific band, instead allowing them to discuss any music in that genre. If I made a thread called "X-Ray Spex" or "Crass" (two of my favourite bands), the chances are it would be burned down in a fireball of flaming within two or three posts.

Statutory Ray
  • Statutory Ray

I'm a New World Samurai, and a Redneck Nonetheless

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Playstation_Loyalist @ Jan 26 2009, 06:57)
BTW, MCR is NOT EMO! Why do you nerds keep saying and blabbering that MCR is EMO? They're not. The vocalist, Gerard Way, said that EMO is GARBAGE. You may even search it in YouTube.

It's insulting to emo to classify bands like Fallout Boy or My Chemical Romance as such. What I find funny is how Gerard Way can call any band garbage when his entire style is a fabrication and rip of 90s alternative bands, glossed in candy and fed incessantly to young teens who don't know any better.

Emo > My Chemical Romance. A dog turd is somewhere between the two.

edit: Please don't insult my taste in music I am very sensitive about such things. I might just cry about it.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Playstation_Loyalist @ Jan 26 2009, 11:57)
Seriously, why would you bash this band? What if I say Led Zeppelin sucked? The Beatles are nonsense? Jimi Hendrix is a fag? Michael Jackson is gay? Flo-Rida is masochistic? Soulja Boy has a coarse voice?Would it hurt you? Yes it will, unless you're an alien. And that's what I feel if people like you say that. Do I return the favor?

You did not just use Zeppelin and The Beatles with Soulja Boy and Flo Rida in the same example of what is good music. I mean what the f*ck inspired you to put them up there? Zeppelin, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, all indisputably iconic, then you veer into a ravine of sh*ttiness with Flo Rida and Soulja boy.

Plus you didn't do what I asked, please explain to why MCR is good in a well structured way.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

The music is good. Hence the band's popularity and critical praise. Sure, there's just as much negative criticism, as seen in this topic.

But a band can't be garbage and be as successful as them, they just can't. They have to be entertaining, have to be good in some regard. Otherwise, I should be able to start a band now and in a couple years time be doing sold-out shows. Is that right?

Buncha haters drinking Hate-o-rade. I wish I was making money like them, while still pissing people off with the very sound of my music. Win-Win.

-Feel Free to Verbally E-Murder Me Now-

Omnia sunt Communia
  • Omnia sunt Communia

Tierra Y Libertad

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:26 PM

If you're making popular, easily exploitable music; it doesn't matter how much you suck. Record labels will work out a way to sell you off to little kids.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Jacky Fiend @ Jan 26 2009, 20:26)
If you're making popular, easily exploitable music; it doesn't matter how much you suck. Record labels will work out a way to sell you off to little kids.

Aye. I mean, fair game to em, they're richer than I'll ever be. Probably get some poon out of it too.

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:44 PM

Well, yeah Jacky.

See: Jonas Brothers.

Juice By Kayla Marie
  • Juice By Kayla Marie

space vision; blast off

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Scarface187 @ Jan 25 2009, 17:14)
The only some what positive thing I have to say about them is that they are at least better than Fall Out Boy or Panic at the Disco but even then thats not saying much.

uh.. I think not!
MCR is f*cking horrible. I can't stand them and fall out boy has the same equivalence as MCR.

Panic at the disco is at least better than both. :|

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:44 AM

I do not enjoy all three bands, due to their politics, music and fans.

asimov
  • asimov

up Debts!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:01 AM

QUOTE (Masterkraft @ Jan 26 2009, 21:54)

Dammit masterkraft why do you have to be so logical. Although I like that analogy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users