Quantcast

» «
Photo

How Can I Add a site to a In-Game Internet?

34 replies to this topic
DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hello!

How Should I do to Adding a Page to a site or Adding a Site to a In-Game Internet?

Can You help me?

inlove.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

the computers ingame just use textures which are changed by the player, they arent actualy pages, so if you want to change them you will need to change the textures which are used for them.

GhostDragon
  • GhostDragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (D@noosh Peechgah @ Jan 24 2009, 18:10)
Hello!

How Should I do to Adding a Page to a site or Adding a Site to a In-Game Internet?

Can You help me?

inlove.gif

I lol'd

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Jan 24 2009, 19:36)
the computers ingame just use textures which are changed by the player, they arent actualy pages, so if you want to change them you will need to change the textures which are used for them.

No I mean How should I do to ADD pages...not EDIT or CHANGE Pages...
inlove.gif

Leopard_
  • Leopard_

Call me Leo.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

Check the folder "html" in gta iv's folder. I don't know how to add tho, sorry. good luck anyway smile.gif

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

LOL!

Thank you! I knew That!!!

I Asked to the Rockstar but They Didn't Answer to me... sad.gif

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

Don't ask Rockstar, they wouldn't like to see their game modded. Rockstar never liked that we modified their so loved GTA, but they failed hard devil.gif

BWARazor
  • BWARazor

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

Rockstar should be lucky there are modders, becoz if there are modders the game is still interesting, so they have more sells

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Rob.Zombie @ Jan 25 2009, 12:13)
Don't ask Rockstar, they wouldn't like to see their game modded. Rockstar never liked that we modified their so loved GTA, but they failed hard devil.gif

If they really hated mods, why would they let us port San Andreas to the VC engine, etc. with out doing any thing about it? They could easily sue over it. Why did they just remove the need for a .magic patch in the latest update and all that is needed now is an edited filelist.pak?

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:44 AM

Look...I Asked To You "Have Can I Add in-game Web site" ... I Didn't Asked to you "Why Rockstar Doesn't Like Us"...

Please Talk about "In-Game Web Sites"

The GTA Guy
  • The GTA Guy

The Frisker

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (D@noosh Peechgah @ Jan 30 2009, 07:44)
Look...I Asked To You "Have Can I Add in-game Web site" ... I Didn't Asked to you "Why Rockstar Doesn't Like Us"...

I don't think so you can add websites, only edit them.

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (The GTA Guy @ Jan 30 2009, 09:14)
QUOTE (D@noosh Peechgah @ Jan 30 2009, 07:44)

I don't think so you can add websites, only edit them.

So How Can I Edit Them? biggrin.gif

With OpenIV?

It Says I have Wrong GTA IV-Because I have 1.0.2.0 version...

rootman
  • rootman

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

i would love to see some new ingame internet sites in this game. i remember going into tw@t cafe to surf the web ingame and there is a site i cant remember the name of that ingame site but apparently it looked similar to youtube and in that it had a clip type of box that you view clips on and it suposedly seemed that you could view web clips in that game but instead you got a message saying unavailable for viewing at this time or sumthing. anyway i mention this because, since we now can watch tv in our safehouses ingame why cant we watch ingame web clips on an ingame internet?

still on topic on this one but there is a thread atm regarding viewing movies and other clips that you can add into your gtaiv so that you can watch your own movies and other clips on your ingame tv smile.gif awesum btw. anyway, is there a likelyhood that it can be modded so that you can apply viewable clips on an ingame internet site? id love to be able to view a youtube type of clip ingame while on the ingame internet. is there a way around that, anyone, genius modders here?

just realised i made your thread go offtopic, sorry about that. cos otherwise it would now look more like " how can i add viewable clips to an ingame internet blush.gif still, it could be very cool to watch sumthing on your computer ingame other than just watching tv all the time ingame.

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (rootman @ Jan 30 2009, 19:24)
i would love to see some new ingame internet sites in this game. i remember going into tw@t cafe to surf the web ingame and there is a site i cant remember the name of that ingame site but apparently it looked similar to youtube and in that it had a clip type of box that you view clips on and it suposedly seemed that you could view web clips in that game but instead you got a message saying unavailable for viewing at this time or sumthing. anyway i mention this because, since we now can watch tv in our safehouses ingame why cant we watch ingame web clips on an ingame internet?

still on topic on this one but there is a thread atm regarding viewing movies and other clips that you can add into your gtaiv so that you can watch your own movies and other clips on your ingame tv smile.gif awesum btw. anyway, is there a likelyhood that it can be modded so that you can apply viewable clips on an ingame internet site? id love to be able to view a youtube type of clip ingame while on the ingame internet. is there a way around that, anyone, genius modders here?

just realised i made your thread go offtopic, sorry about that. cos otherwise it would now look more like " how can i add viewable clips to an ingame internet blush.gif still, it could be very cool to watch sumthing on your computer ingame other than just watching tv all the time ingame.

Well...If We understand how to edit it,We will understand how to Add a Video in a in-game web smile.gif

Intosia
  • Intosia

I'm random! ^^

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:56 PM Edited by Intosia, 31 January 2009 - 05:56 PM.

Why would you want to browse a fake internet. It should be real internet that would be cool. We would need to render a website inside DirectX. Should be possible with LLMozLib2. But i dont know to hook DX...

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Intosia @ Jan 31 2009, 15:56)
Why would you want to browse a fake internet. I should be real internet take would be cool. We would need to render a website inside DirectX. Should be possible with LLMozLib2. But i dont know to hook DX...

We Don't Know How to Edit them! and You wanna know how to make it to real?! biggrin.gif colgate.gif colgate.gif

Anyway.... Maybe We can? We need Just a member like Seemann... Maybe he Helps Us...no?

ddoodm
  • ddoodm

^_______________^

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (BWARazor @ Jan 26 2009, 06:06)
Rockstar should be lucky there are modders, becoz if there are modders the game is still interesting, so they have more sells

lol! Yeah, I only got the PC version for modding! smile.gif Its so fun! biggrin.gif

mubd
  • mubd

Comfort Wipe Pedaler

• Members

Posted 01 February 2009 - 09:17 AM

I've seen your name before, Danoosh...and I recognize the bad english/n00biness.
Dont Start Every Word With A Capital Letter Its Grammatically Incorrect and Annoying.

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (mubd @ Feb 1 2009, 10:17)
I've seen your name before, Danoosh...and I recognize the bad english/n00biness.
Dont Start Every Word With A Capital Letter Its Grammatically Incorrect and Annoying.

thank you for learning me some thing!
but please don't talk about any things except in-game webs. inlove.gif

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

Maybe this file can help us:

X:\Rockstar Games\GrandTheftAuto\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\default.dat

no?

Anybody who has a 100% save game;can upload it? dontgetit.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Definately possible. I've had a look into it.

in Program Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto IV/pc/html

Are all the websites used in the in game internet, renaming any of them folders will rename the web address used to access the site. Adding a folder to there creates a new website that can be accessed, I created GTAForums.com and copied a blogsnobs page into there and it worked in game under the www.gtaforums.com url.

The webpages aren't just texture images that are replaced, I think it is made up of textures and text. The files have a .whm extension. I've been trying to workout how they work but failed. You can view the .whm files using aru's sparkIV. You'll see its images and text.

Maddy25
  • Maddy25

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (BWARazor @ Jan 25 2009, 20:06)

True !

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Intosia @ Jan 31 2009, 14:56)
Why would you want to browse a fake internet. It should be real internet that would be cool. We would need to render a website inside DirectX. Should be possible with LLMozLib2. But i dont know to hook DX...

Hmm, that would be great, considering that it would be over 9000 times better if you can check your email in real life while playing IV...

@Gangsta Killa: Yep, renaming or spawning new folders does the job; I tried that when I edited the fruitcomputers.com website, made a duplicate site folder, and renamed it to www.apple.com. The only problem is that we have to find a way in order to change the site's layout, or something like that...

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:39 PM Edited by a-k-t-w, 15 February 2009 - 12:49 PM.

I'm pretty sure that there stored in html format, just in a archive. I'll look into it...

Edit:
It's opened with microsoft internet explorer, thus meaning it's html

http://lqmksa.bay.li...hjg/tesdick.bmp

It wouldn't let me embed the pic for some reason angry.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

I tried opening it in internet explorer, all I got was save file dialog. I do think it is some kind of html.

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (a-k-t-w @ Feb 15 2009, 13:39)
I'm pretty sure that there stored in html format, just in a archive. I'll look into it...

Edit:
It's opened with microsoft internet explorer, thus meaning it's html

http://lqmksa.bay.li...hjg/tesdick.bmp

It wouldn't let me embed the pic for some reason angry.gif

Agreed!

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Feb 11 2009, 21:40)

Are all the websites used in the in game internet, renaming any of them folders will rename the web address used to access the site. Adding a folder to there creates a new website that can be accessed, I created GTAForums.com and copied a blogsnobs page into there and it worked in game under the www.gtaforums.com url.

The webpages aren't just texture images that are replaced, I think it is made up of textures and text. The files have a .whm extension. I've been trying to workout how they work but failed. You can view the .whm files using aru's sparkIV. You'll see its images and text.

Yes...you are right,but the question is How to make a custome *.whm extension,like "lpgunit" said.

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (D@noosh Peechgah @ Feb 19 2009, 16:45)

Yes...you are right,but the question is How to make a custome *.whm extension,like "lpgunit" said.

I tried looking at the WHM via hex editor; as usual it's in gibberish, since the website images are also stored there...

DP1373
  • DP1373

retired user

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:39 AM

QUOTE (lpgunit @ Feb 20 2009, 07:52)

I tried looking at the WHM via hex editor; as usual it's in gibberish, since the website images are also stored there...

"hex editor"? what is that? how can I download it?

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

• Feroci
  • Philippines

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (D@noosh Peechgah @ Feb 20 2009, 09:39)
QUOTE (lpgunit @ Feb 20 2009, 07:52)

"hex editor"? what is that? how can I download it?

A hex editor (or binary file editor or byte editor) is a type of computer program that allows a user to manipulate binary (normally non-plain text) computer files, which is used by hackers (especially warez groups who circumvent copy protection schemes), and is also used for low-level repairing and editing of binary files. It isn't really of much use if you don't know what you're doing, but they can be quite handy especially if you try to mod something that requires a hex editor.

Here's a list of hex editors:
http://en.wikipedia...._of_hex_editors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users