Photo

helicopters

24 replies to this topic
jaysten
  • jaysten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

Hey, helitours doesnt work where else are helicopter locations/descriptions?

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

Scream and Run

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

Helitours doesn't work? I have no idea what you mean by that. You can just take one of their helicopters or there's one on top of the police station north of the Algonquin safe house and another in one of the gardens of the large houses near Pegorino's place.

aquateen87
  • aquateen87

Remember, no fear.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

you could find an annihilator at the police station in the north of algonguin.hope this helps smile.gif

GAME MASTER
  • GAME MASTER

This is the American Dream

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (aquateen87 @ Jan 24 2009, 17:41)
you could find an annihilator at the police station in the north of algonguin.hope this helps smile.gif

You can also find Annihilator at the airport as well.

something_else Posted on Jan 24 2009, 17:39
Helitours doesn't work? I have no idea what you mean by that. You can just take one of their helicopters or there's one on top of the police station north of the Algonquin safe house and another in one of the gardens of the large houses near Pegorino's place.

There another Maverick near the bridge where the security being sealed.

jaysten
  • jaysten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (something_else @ Jan 24 2009, 17:39)

What I mean is there are no helicopters at helitours any time I go there! Thanks for the other tips!

Shof
  • Shof

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

did you unlock the helitours?

Straubinger82
  • Straubinger82

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hello Guys,
I donīt want to open up a new thread for a chopper related question... so:

Is it possible to do a heli-tour with a girl-friend?
Cause whenever I went there with Alex, Carmen or Kiki... there werenīt any choppers.
But when I drive to the heli-tours alone... no problem.

Eventually it would be really nice to know where some other civil choppers are..
I do only know the one near the safehouse in Alderney.

Maybe a man of wisdom could share his aknowledgement about 1 or even 2 alternatives?
(civil choppers only plz)

Thanks in advance...

ChanandlerBong
  • ChanandlerBong

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:08 PM

I have already made a topic about this Straubinger82 colgate.gif

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:49 PM

Go to the police stations, and you'll find them.

BTW, helitours doesn't work probably if your getting in on the passengers side, instead of jacking it LOL.

jaysten
  • jaysten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Shof @ Jan 24 2009, 18:47)
did you unlock the helitours?

Well I don't know how to unlock them. I have finished the storyline though. I assume by unlocking you mean compleating a certain mission?

jaysten
  • jaysten

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Jan 25 2009, 17:49)
Go to the police stations, and you'll find them.

BTW, helitours doesn't work probably if your getting in on the passengers side, instead of jacking it LOL.

I know the difference between getting in a helitour and jacking a helicopter. Bit if read about 4 posts earlier than yours the problem is that there aren't any helicopters there. Just 4 empty helipads.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:58 AM

Why is there never a helicopter at Helitours when I really need one, e.g. when the whole of the LCPD are breathing down my neck!!

cool.gif

CyberPheonix
  • CyberPheonix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

I know that I have been to many different helipads and not a single chopper has shown up, not even the police ones. i see them flying in the air and when I have a wanted level, but there are none sitting on the ground.

(i realize that this may not be the right place to post this but i am hoping for some answers thanks ^_^)

Cheat
  • Cheat

the only people for me are the mad ones

• The Connection

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:47 AM

Should'nt be so much of a problem with the copters from helitours, 'cause you can as already said get them from the airport, police station and next to Jimmy's place.
And if the problem is about the cops then just call Kiki/Francis to get them away from ya ass. Or call Dwayne to f*ck the cops so you can run away.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:22 PM

Here's all the heli's locations
Snap
The one by Star Junction is on top of the MeTV building ( the one that has pink lights on the top when its night) and after you collect all pigeons there will be an annihilator there instead of a Maverick

lord tammerlain
  • lord tammerlain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:42 PM

When do the Annihilators show up

I have searched the various locations and the only helicopters that I can find are the helitours

The one just by the tunnel and the one by the mansion.

I have never seen the one by the airport, the one at the Police station or the one the MEtv building despite spending a far bit of time looking

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• The Yardies
  • Portugal

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

The annihilators only show up when you beat the storyline and you have better chances of finding the heli on top of the meTV building by flying around it until it appears instead of using the window cleaning platform sigh.gif

300th post biggrin.gif

BikerAndy
  • BikerAndy

Jenson 2009

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Jun 10 2009, 20:49)
300th post biggrin.gif

congrats icon14.gif biggrin.gif

(346th! tounge2.gif lol.gif )

lord tammerlain
  • lord tammerlain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Greasepalms @ Jun 10 2009, 19:49)
The annihilators only show up when you beat the storyline and you have better chances of finding the heli on top of the meTV building by flying around it until it appears instead of using the window cleaning platform sigh.gif

300th post biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info, it will save me some wasted time then

synchro_w
  • synchro_w

LOSE THE PIGS!

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:38 PM Edited by synchro_w, 23 February 2012 - 11:18 PM.

QUOTE (jaysten @ Saturday, Jan 24 2009, 17:33)

i'm kinda confused. i've done 7 helirides with brucie and 2 girls and there is a 20 sec [approx] pause as the chopper hovers over where brucie wants me to fly him and the girls. also, i've done 8 boat rides to destinations were the same thing happens.
but i've just noticed 0 helitours. i don't know what a helitour is. i've stolen choppers from the fishmarket south helitour place.

EDIT: in 'options/stats/vehicles/helicopter tours taken' i have 0. how do i open this? is it mission related? do i need to complete the game? i'm 74.98% complete at 'truck hustle'. just stealing a helitour chopper does not count as a helitour as i've stolen lots of them.

i'm running an xbox360 version of the game.

can someone please answer these questions:
1. is there a time i should go there to get a helitour?

2. if there are helicopters there [sometimes there aren't], which side should i enter the vehicle [looking at the chopper from the rear], because, tbph, i'm sure i've stolen choppers and used either side and i've only ever stolen them - as i said!

so, i think helitours can only be accessed by taking roman, little jacob, dwayne, kate, or a girl from the internet because i can't think of any other way. perhaps this is a bug with the xbox360 version?

please help guys. and please take into consideration i am stupid and need a clear full explanation. i seriously won't be offended. also, am not interested in any other choppers.. JUST THE HELITOURS. I HAVE 0 HELITOURS. I CANNOT GET 100% IF I CAN'T DO HELITOURS... er.. right?

thanx

Karjerker
  • Karjerker

Let's Be Bad Guys

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

I wish I had made a note of this now, but here is my ten cents worth - just for the record. During GTA-IV I was just completing a mission with Niko and in the vicinity of the LCPD police station landing pad in northern Algonquin when I happened to spot a N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator parked there - and bear in mind this is before the game was completed! I also saw one during GTA-IV: TBoGT immediately after 'Going Deep' while driving back to Bulgarin's siters residence in the same location. Next time I play GTA-IV I'll make a point to check for the presence of the N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator at that location (and others) after every mission in Algonquin or Alderney because something triggers the unlocking feature which places them in that position. Curiously, in those two instances (repeated several times now in my various re-playings) this is the only place where the N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator appears, but of course there are other pads with civilian copters on them - the Heliport, The pad on the west bank of the West River and the one above the tunnel on the east bank of the West River, as well as the one which appears behind the Mansion in the far northern part of Alderney.

Of course, unlocking the game produces all of these, but they are all replaced with N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator's when in multiplayer mode. Does anyone have a map showing more of these copters, any copters in fact and an ABSOLUTE timeline for when they become user available vehicles in all three games in the GTA-IV Trilogy?

GTAIVSucker
  • GTAIVSucker

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (synchro_w @ Thursday, Feb 23 2012, 21:38)

i'm kinda confused. i've done 7 helirides with brucie and 2 girls and there is a 20 sec [approx] pause as the chopper hovers over where brucie wants me to fly him and the girls. also, i've done 8 boat rides to destinations were the same thing happens.
but i've just noticed 0 helitours. i don't know what a helitour is. i've stolen choppers from the fishmarket south helitour place.

EDIT: in 'options/stats/vehicles/helicopter tours taken' i have 0. how do i open this? is it mission related? do i need to complete the game? i'm 74.98% complete at 'truck hustle'. just stealing a helitour chopper does not count as a helitour as i've stolen lots of them.

2. if there are helicopters there [sometimes there aren't], which side should i enter the vehicle [looking at the chopper from the rear], because, tbph, i'm sure i've stolen choppers and used either side and i've only ever stolen them - as i said!

so, i think helitours can only be accessed by taking roman, little jacob, dwayne, kate, or a girl from the internet because i can't think of any other way. perhaps this is a bug with the xbox360 version?

please help guys. and please take into consideration i am stupid and need a clear full explanation. i seriously won't be offended. also, am not interested in any other choppers.. JUST THE HELITOURS. I HAVE 0 HELITOURS. I CANNOT GET 100% IF I CAN'T DO HELITOURS... er.. right?

thanx

You have to HOLD the Y button to enter as a passenger, like when entering a cab wink.gif .

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (synchro_w @ Thursday, Feb 23 2012, 15:38)

thanx

the button u use to steal the helitour chopper is what you use to take the tour......HOWEVER, you must HOLD the button down for a couuple of seconds to trigger the tour mission. since this is NOT required for 100% completion, you must be going for the sightseer acheivement. in order to save you some time, here's a tip: you need to take four tours, and the pilots names are: Vicki, Rob, Jace, and a pilot who doesn't disclose his name. each pilot will fly the same tour everytime. so if you've already flown with Vicki, cancel the tour and try another chopper. there are only 3 heli's on the pad at once, so you'll have to come back later to take the 4th tour, I assume this is to give Alderney a chance to become available.
Also, you must be alone to take a tour, leave your friends and significant others at home cool.gif

Puto Bendejo
  • Puto Bendejo

motorcycle maniac

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Karjerker @ Thursday, Feb 23 2012, 16:46)
I wish I had made a note of this now, but here is my ten cents worth - just for the record. During GTA-IV I was just completing a mission with Niko and in the vicinity of the LCPD police station landing pad in northern Algonquin when I happened to spot a N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator parked there - and bear in mind this is before the game was completed! I also saw one during GTA-IV: TBoGT immediately after 'Going Deep' while driving back to Bulgarin's siters residence in the same location. Next time I play GTA-IV I'll make a point to check for the presence of the N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator at that location (and others) after every mission in Algonquin or Alderney because something triggers the unlocking feature which places them in that position. Curiously, in those two instances (repeated several times now in my various re-playings) this is the only place where the N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator appears, but of course there are other pads with civilian copters on them - the Heliport, The pad on the west bank of the West River and the one above the tunnel on the east bank of the West River, as well as the one which appears behind the Mansion in the far northern part of Alderney.

Of course, unlocking the game produces all of these, but they are all replaced with N.O.O.S.E. Annihilator's when in multiplayer mode. Does anyone have a map showing more of these copters, any copters in fact and an ABSOLUTE timeline for when they become user available vehicles in all three games in the GTA-IV Trilogy?

the hidden packages unlocks the annihilators. I. E. "flying rats" or seagulls, depending whether playing vanilla or dlc. You're welcome

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:29 PM Edited by EKGene, 10 May 2012 - 04:39 PM.

You do realize that Annihilators show up as early as the first mission, "The Cousins Bellic," right? You merely have to attain a six-star wanted level.

You can acquire one before the second storyline mission by eliminating the 200 flying rats spread all over Liberty City, or if you prefer, a less time consuming method:

Early Annihilator Acquisition w/o Flying Rats

Lately, I have been testing out methods of possibly jacking an Annihilator without sniping the pilot, but it seems that that is an impossibility, as the Annihilator doors will not open unless the pilot is dead. (There is an extremely tall building with an expansive rooftop in lower Algonquin where Annihilators will actually land momentarily while giving chase during six-star pursuit, and if you time it properly, you can attempt an Annihilator jacking sans sniping, though the end result will be failure, as Niko makes one attempt at opening the locked door, then stops.)

Update: By chance, during six-star pursuit, an Annihilator crashed to the ground without exploding near the Grotti dealership, in close proximity to the Middle Park East safehouse reserved parking space. It is now believed that, with enough time, luck and skill, one could theoretically push the fuselage to the space, leave the area and return to a repaired Annihilator.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users