Photo

[RELEASE] Super Spawner Script

724 replies to this topic
Kattebakke
  • Kattebakke

Random Hero

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

I've installed it like the read-me says. But when I load my game: "Error in Script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0'"
I've also installed the ScriptHookDotNet, .NET framework 3.5 and the ASI-loader. My game is up2 date and have no other mods (re-installed earlier today).

GhostDragon
  • GhostDragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Kattebakke @ Feb 4 2009, 17:27)
I've installed it like the read-me says. But when I load my game: "Error in Script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0'"
I've also installed the ScriptHookDotNet, .NET framework 3.5 and the ASI-loader. My game is up2 date and have no other mods (re-installed earlier today).

yeah me too

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

as sid two replies before your posts wink.gif

the .net scripthook was updated (and the author deleted some functions, which the spawnerscript needs)

The author of superspawnercript is going to update his script now...hopefully he will upload it soon smile.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (diboze @ Feb 4 2009, 21:03)

the .net scripthook was updated (and the author deleted some functions, which the spawnerscript needs)

The author of superspawnercript is going to update his script now...hopefully he will upload it soon smile.gif

oh dont worry.

i sense an update for this thread REAL soon wink.gif

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Feb 4 2009, 17:16)
QUOTE (diboze @ Feb 4 2009, 21:03)

oh dont worry.

i sense an update for this thread REAL soon wink.gif

wink.gif How'd you know? lol.gif

Ok, here it is. I finally updated the script with lots of new options and stuff to configure.

Indi
  • Indi

Moving Shadow

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

Where is it? It looks ace

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Indi. @ Feb 4 2009, 23:36)
Where is it? It looks ace

spawning fighting peds with a timer that keeps them spawning every few seconds while having defending peds that follow me around is the best fun i've had with this game since it came out.

kudos to comptrmstr for working so hard on this one, sqwishing SO many bugs and perfecting the functionality of it.

the DL links are in the first post in the buttom.

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

thanks for the new version

*deleting old guard-mods* biggrin.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (diboze @ Feb 5 2009, 08:30)
thanks for the new version

*deleting old guard-mods* biggrin.gif

compmstr made the guards so much better than any other BG mod.
not only that they are keeping some distance from u (3 units by default, i think) but u can also tell them how close to be.
i find 5 good enough.
and FF is OFF by default so even if they DO get in the way than u can kill them so its ok if u get a friendly headshot by accident.
And the more interesting thing about the guards (defenders) is that they will more often than not just leave u in order to fight their enemies and come back when their target is dead. this is really awesome in making it feel like they are indeed kinda human-like and not just robots that stay put no matter what.

just a shame compmstr couldnt fix that issue that the defenders wont attack the enemies under every circumstances. sometimes they ignore them unless u get close enough.
it doesnt happen often if u r using them in SP or to fight the cops.

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:07 AM Edited by diboze, 05 February 2009 - 09:37 AM.

indeed. very nice smile.gif
I only play SP atm, because I dont like to play with cheaters...

But there they behave very nice, nearly perfect. could it be possible to spawn enemys in cars (and they try to kill you by drive-by or so)? Or is it possible that they get a car when you try to run away and follow you? Same for the defending ones of course smile.gif

EDIT: Carspawning doesnt work here always:

2009-02-05 10:35:16 - Error during Tick in script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0':
System.AccessViolationException: Es wurde versucht, im geschützten Speicher zu lesen oder zu schreiben. Dies ist häufig ein Hinweis darauf, dass anderer Speicher beschädigt ist.
bei Scripting.?A0x44ed51f9.CreateCar(UInt32 , Single , Single , Single , Int32* , Boolean )
bei GTA.World.CreateVehicle(Model Model, Vector3 Position)
bei SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0.1(Single A_0, Single A_1)
bei SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0.6(Int32 A_0)
bei SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0.0(Keys A_0)
bei GTA.Script.ProcessEvents()
bei GTA.ScriptThread.OnTick()

but i have another ingame trainer for that. so its not that important smile.gif

Kattebakke
  • Kattebakke

Random Hero

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

This is the BEST! So freakin' funny to spawn peds and then just let them follow you areound biggrin.gif
Thanks man! Keep up the good work.

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

QUOTE (diboze @ Feb 5 2009, 09:07)
indeed. very nice smile.gif
I only play SP atm, because I dont like to play with cheaters...

But there they behave very nice, nearly perfect. could it be possible to spawn enemys in cars (and they try to kill you by drive-by or so)? Or is it possible that they get a car when you try to run away and follow you? Same for the defending ones of course smile.gif

i will fill in for comptrmstr while he's away tounge.gif

(chris, sorry for stealing your thunder but you're SLEEPING atm)

- attacking peds that will notice u get in a car will also steal a near by car and chase u down.
however only one attacker per car and if u havent noticed , in SP drivers dont drive and shoot (for safety reasons of course), so no drive bys. the attacking peds will get out of the car if YOU get out of the car. if u dont than they will ram into you.

but if u get too far away from the attacking peds before they get in the car than the game will "erase" the props around u (for memory or CPU reasons), including the cars, so the attackers wont have a car to get into and in this case - they will chase u by foot.

defending peds wont get in cars to chase u if they are not in the same car as u. they will chase u by foot only, but impressively enough - they will always get to where u are (albeit after hours... unless u drove so far away that they are erased from memory. the erase distance by default is 350 units, if i remember correctly).

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:24 AM Edited by diboze, 05 February 2009 - 12:10 PM.

hi, have you edited your ini? wink.gif

I managed it after several trys that a "fight"-ped follows me by car. The others stand still when I drive away (like 50meters or so). They keep on standing still there...till I get my gun out and point it at them, then they finally start fighting.

I have not edited the ini

the mainpage says u can give the peds specific weapons...how? smile.gif

a-k-t-w
  • a-k-t-w

Wannabe GTA IV Dev

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:19 PM Edited by a-k-t-w, 05 February 2009 - 12:58 PM.

-snip-

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that, but it seems that the spawned object don't have any collission with the game world? Niko and/or cars just walk/drive through them. It was kind of dissapointing that I couldn't spawn a ramp to jump ina middle of a city.

Awesome work nonetheless.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:24 PM Edited by CoMPMStR, 05 February 2009 - 06:28 PM.

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Feb 5 2009, 07:24)
I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that, but it seems that the spawned object don't have any collission with the game world? Niko and/or cars just walk/drive through them. It was kind of dissapointing that I couldn't spawn a ramp to jump ina  middle of a city.

You need to spawn a frozen object, not a normal object. They all have collisions, just most normal objects will not stay in place (they fall though the ground). When you spawn a frozen object, you can position it the way you want and it will stay until you leave a certain distance away (350 meters by default). Since nobody posts details when they say something doesn't work, I have to make some assumptions. confused.gif Try it and let me know.

QUOTE (diboze @ Feb 5 2009, 05:24)
hi, have you edited your ini? wink.gif

I managed it after several trys that a "fight"-ped follows me by car. The others stand still when I drive away (like 50meters or so). They keep on standing still there...till I get my gun out and point it at them, then they finally start fighting.

I have not edited the ini

the mainpage says u can give the peds specific weapons...how? smile.gif

CODE
DEFENDPEDWEAPON = The weapon(s) that defend-task peds have when spawned. Seperate the weapons with a comma to randomize between them.
FIGHTPEDWEAPON = The weapon(s) that fight-task peds have when spawned. Seperate the weapons with a comma to randomize between them.

Look for these lines in the ini file:

CODE
DEFENDPEDWEAPON = 4, 5, 12, 13, 14, 15
FIGHTPEDWEAPON = 7, 10, 11

All you do is put the weapons you want them to have a chance of getting, seperated with a comma. If you want more of a chance to obtain a certain weapon, you can put it more than once.

EDIT: I'll look into the carspawn issue, I've been too busy getting the peds to work right I haven't spent much time with the rest. suicidal.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

also u should concider changing these lines from:

FIGHTPEDSENSERANGE = 30.0
FIGHTPEDDEFENSEAREA = 30.0

to

FIGHTPEDSENSERANGE = 200.0
FIGHTPEDDEFENSEAREA = 200.0

im not sure how big is the difference but i barely get any attacking peds that just stand still and dont move.

it happens rarely if they spawn at a distance greater than 100 units (defined by this line: MAXFIGHTPEDDIST = XX.X)

Satyr22cz
  • Satyr22cz

Ped collector

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

AMAZING !!
please create version for IV patch 1.1 (ALICE scripter)
very thanks !

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 07:17 PM Edited by Neon25, 05 February 2009 - 08:04 PM.

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Feb 5 2009, 18:24)
I'm not sure if it is supposed to be like that, but it seems that the spawned object don't have any collission with the game world? Niko and/or cars just walk/drive through them. It was kind of dissapointing that I couldn't spawn a ramp to jump ina  middle of a city.

You need to spawn a frozen object, not a normal object. They all have collisions, just most normal objects will not stay in place (they fall though the ground). When you spawn a frozen object, you can position it the way you want and it will stay until you leave a certain distance away (350 meters by default). Since nobody posts details when they say something doesn't work, I have to make some assumptions. confused.gif Try it and let me know.

Haha, no worries. I know you have to asume that an average user is an idiot and doesn't read README, but I did. I'm uploading a youtube video of the problem as we speak. I'll try to explain in a little more.

I press NUM 3 and select to spawn objects. Then I press NUM0 to choose it to be a frozen object. Then I use NUM1 to choose the ramp from the list.
I spawn it. I use semicolon and quote to move it around. When it fits alright I press the dot on Numpad, and it says that "positioning was succesful"[or sth like that]. But even though the ramp stays where it should be, I can just walk or drive through it, I can't do the jump with the car... Maybe when the video uploads you will understand me a little better.

EDIT:

Here's the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NrbLcp_ALp8

GhostDragon
  • GhostDragon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

are the peds able to drive any cars you spawn?

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:03 PM Edited by CoMPMStR, 05 February 2009 - 11:28 PM.

QUOTE (Neon25 @ Feb 5 2009, 13:17)
QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Feb 5 2009, 18:24)

Haha, no worries. I know you have to asume that an average user is an idiot and doesn't read README, but I did. I'm uploading a youtube video of the problem as we speak. I'll try to explain in a little more.

I press NUM 3 and select to spawn objects. Then I press NUM0 to choose it to be a frozen object. Then I use NUM1 to choose the ramp from the list.
I spawn it. I use semicolon and quote to move it around. When it fits alright I press the dot on Numpad, and it says that "positioning was succesful"[or sth like that]. But even though the ramp stays where it should be, I can just walk or drive through it, I can't do the jump with the car... Maybe when the video uploads you will understand me a little better.

EDIT:

Here's the youtube video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=NrbLcp_ALp8

Ok I see what you're talking about, I thought I had that resolved (at least it was working for me). I'll see what the problem is and try to fix it.

EDIT: What's the index number of the ramp you spawned? I tried it with the skate quarterpipe (index #27609) and it has collisions for me. The other ramps around that index all have collisions for me too.

@GhostDragon: The peds that drive cars are the fighter peds (for now). When you spawn them, you get into a vehicle and drive a short distance away. When they begin to chase you they will get into a closeby vehicle and come after you. I haven't thoroughly tested this particular feature but it was something I noticed them doing.

Glumok
  • Glumok

8 years on GTAForums... Bordel de foutre !

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2009 - 01:51 AM Edited by gorgeprofondegta4, 06 February 2009 - 06:16 AM.

First, congratulation CoMPMStR for this new version, I like the new settings for the keys.

But, I've got the same problem about "frozen" objects, no collision when I spawn an object.
I tried with differents objects, same result each time...

I didn't try a ramp, just random objects ("attach to head" works fine and it's funny with a big object).

Hope a new fixed version will come soon!

Edit:
Re-tested it, ramps and other things, some objects have collisions, that's great!
"The Men's Room" TV show's room (ID 26715, I believe...) crashes the game, each time I try to spawn it.

Liberty City will never be the same now smile.gif Thanx a lot, Compmstr cookie.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Neon25
  • Neon25

Proud PC gamer

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Feb 5 2009, 23:03)
EDIT: What's the index number of the ramp you spawned? I tried it with the skate quarterpipe (index #27609) and it has collisions for me. The other ramps around that index all have collisions for me too.

Yeah, ramps from the skatepark and a lot of other objects work. smile.gif Thanks a lot. But some of the objects still don't have any collissions.

sk8er_martz
  • sk8er_martz

I hate this username.

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:30 AM Edited by sk8er_martz, 06 February 2009 - 09:38 AM.

Ok I had a problem where only some functions would work no matter were they were binded to, I installed a newer (or at least I'm assuming so) .asi loader and .net script loader and now it works fine.

Killuminati91
  • Killuminati91

Brucie

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:54 AM

only 2 buttons are working for me with the new version... ped index and ped count, the other ones do not work sad.gif

E/ Oh seems im to stupid to read the last post lol

mpregea
  • mpregea

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 10:27 AM

I read through the thread several times and did not see anything on this topic.. are defend/follow peds able to get into the car that I am driving? They just either stand in front of it or right next to the driver door. Not sure if this is an isolated incident or just a mod limitation. In any case, it would be really great for friendly peds to be able to ride along.

Great mod though. Best spawner mod in existance.

A few ideas that may or may not be feasable:
Peds that can drive you places (like a taxi driver script)
Paramedic peds that can heal you (like calling 911 in game)
Friendly peds that will follow you in their own vehicle, or perhaps specific passenger vehicle spawn peds that will spawn with specific vehicles (cops in cop cars, firemen in firetrucks, etc), or on that note, a command that allows you to customize (when you spawn a vehicle) what passenger peds are in the vehicle you spawn.

Quite frankly, this mod has so much potential for those of us trying to exploit the sandbox/role play gameplay specifically. Imagine being able to have cop chases with friendly cop peds, or firetrucks that follow you around like an emergency response.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:55 PM Edited by CoMPMStR, 06 February 2009 - 08:59 PM.

QUOTE (mpregea @ Feb 6 2009, 04:27)
I read through the thread several times and did not see anything on this topic.. are defend/follow peds able to get into the car that I am driving? They just either stand in front of it or right next to the driver door. Not sure if this is an isolated incident or just a mod limitation. In any case, it would be really great for friendly peds to be able to ride along.

Great mod though. Best spawner mod in existance.

A few ideas that may or may not be feasable:
Peds that can drive you places (like a taxi driver script)
Paramedic peds that can heal you (like calling 911 in game)
Friendly peds that will follow you in their own vehicle, or perhaps specific passenger vehicle spawn peds that will spawn with specific vehicles (cops in cop cars, firemen in firetrucks, etc), or on that note, a command that allows you to customize (when you spawn a vehicle) what passenger peds are in the vehicle you spawn.

Quite frankly, this mod has so much potential for those of us trying to exploit the sandbox/role play gameplay specifically. Imagine being able to have cop chases with friendly cop peds, or firetrucks that follow you around like an emergency response.

Defend peds can get into vehicles with you, only up to the allowed passengers for that vehicle. I still haven't implemented the ability for them to follow you in different vehicles. Fight peds will get into vehicles and chase you if you get into a vehicle and drive a short distance away from them. If you're far enough, they will get into the closest vehicle (I think) and begin to chase after you. I've even noticed that more than one fight ped will get into the same vehicle. I haven't thoroughly tested this particular feature with the fight peds, but it's something I noticed them doing.

The driver peds is a good idea, it should be easy enough to implement. Same with the friendly peds that follow in their own vehicle. The paramedic peds, IMO, are useless with all the godmode and infinite health stuff. Even if you don't want to use it constantly, you can easily switch it on and off when needed.

The passenger peds is kinda like a beta implementation. I just set it to random peds for now to see if it works for everyone. More customizations will come about later on. smile.gif

@gorgeprofondegta4: I love the decapitated heads, which index number is it? I'll remove the problematic model. I tried removing all of the models that caused crashes but it appears I missed a few. Thanks for the info, it'll be removed in the update.

@sk8er_martz & Killuminati91: I think it was the outdated scripthook that was causing problems. The ASI loader only loads the scripthook, then the scripthook loads the scripts. Since I used the updated version when updating the script, you'd need the updated scripthook for it to work properly. I'm glad you got it working. biggrin.gif

[MenaceMovies]
  • [MenaceMovies]

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

That's just unbelievable. I'm going to buy GTA:IV for the PC just for this mod.

bassie12
  • bassie12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:00 AM

Nice job, i love putting swing sets on the middle of the road.

However, it is quite annoying that you have to browse every thing one by one which takes a long time to get like on of the middle object, can you make it so you can set the browse amount? like 1-10-100?

And the ability to make peds do behaviors like gardening or playing saxophone etc?

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (bassie12 @ Feb 6 2009, 18:00)
Nice job, i love putting swing sets on the middle of the road.

However, it is quite annoying that you have to browse every thing one by one which takes a long time to get like on of the middle object, can you make it so you can set the browse amount? like 1-10-100?

And the ability to make peds do behaviors like gardening or playing saxophone etc?

What do you mean browse amount? Do you mean how many to skip when cycling? I'm just trying to grasp what you're suggesting.

A suggestion, which may require some work on your part, is you could gather all the models you want to use into it's own INI file and use that one instead of the default. I apologize but for now, that's the only way to shorten the cycling time.

There is some scenarios support in the scripthook (which is the gardening, sax playing, vehicle repairing, etc. that the peds do) so I'll be working on implementing those as well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users