Illousion
  • Illousion

Over the hills and far away

• The Connection

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Great one, pal icon14.gif

STEVE124
  • STEVE124

I got the GTA 3 beta version!! YEAH RIGHT!!

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 26 2009, 15:28)
QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 26 2009, 02:37)
i just tried your new version (im on 1.0.2.0 now. what a nice improvement, that patch is) and the good news is that the attacking peds do seem more reactive and less likely not to spawn, however i do get cases when i press the "spawn" button a few times and less AIs spawn than my key strokes.

also they still seem to stare and the void in some cases.

i will give u more detailed feedback after i test some more.

i will suggest that u add a function (no more buttons, please!) to define how many AIs spawn at once.
maybe by pressing the spawn button u can get a number to show up and u can flip through that number with the "next index" and "previous index" keys, and after u set the desired number when u press the spawn button again than amount of AIs spawn at once. this will not only help tracking the fidelity of this function but will also give more control over how many u spawn.

(isnt there something u can do to prevent the AI to spawn inside buildings or what not? maybe only get them to spawn where cars can drive? i think that most car spawners spawn them on the road so there IS a way to make things spawn in a "safe" place...)

btw - im only constantly "complaining" cuz i like your mod and appreciate your efforts. i dont do that with useless mods tounge.gif
u should take this as a good thing  inlove.gif

As far as peds not spawning, try not pressing the hotkey so fast. I know you might want to hurry and spawn like 20 or 30 peds but sometimes you can't do it that fast. I will look into having it spawn multiple peds at once, but remember, the game can only hold so many models (peds, cars, etc). After you have too many, no more will spawn at all (even if you keep pressing the key). I think I got up to around 50 or 60 peds, maybe more, before I couldn't spawn anymore and there weren't anymore other cars or peds on the street.

I'm not really sure why they're still staring into space. The only peds I'd see doing that would be defend-task peds because you can only have so many group members. Any more defend-task peds you spawn after your group is full will just stand there. As far as the rest, they should all act accordingly. (I need you to be more specific when you say "they" still seem to stare. When you say "they", which peds are you referring to? All of them?)

I don't mind feedback or "complaints", that's why I post it. It helps make the project much better. Sometimes I don't know what causes certain problems to occur but you can trust I will do my best to fix it.

@STEVE124: What were you doing when that message appeared? Can you post the .net scripthook log? It has more detailed info than the ingame message.

the new update is making the game not even work any more. suicidal.gif

Barton91
  • Barton91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:38 PM

Not sure if you guys have seen, HazardX posted in Alexanders ASI loader thread that his netscripthook does NOT currently work with Alexander's ASI loader, so if you want to use this with the latest version you will have to use XLiveLess.

Intosia
  • Intosia

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

How did you get the game to spawn so many peds? When i try to spawm 25-30+ peds its crashes...

Illousion
  • Illousion

• The Connection

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Has anyone here managed to get this working on 1.0.2.0 without the camera going crazy after a few secs?

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Jan 26 2009, 17:30)
Has anyone here managed to get this working on 1.0.2.0 without the camera going crazy after a few secs?

i did without a problem.
im even using a no-dvd fix.

CoMPMStR, try and do what co6alt suggestted.

almost all my remarks are about the "attacking peds". i barely use any other spawn type.

i usually ddont get all peds to spawn and i havent tried to spawn more than 8 or 10.
there is no reason (according to you) why 10 peds wouldnt spawn... unless they spawn inside houses or areas where they cant leave...

as much as i like seeing attackers come from unpredictable areas, try to spawn them and get no one is annoying tounge.gif

if u cant get an option in-game to choose how many peds spawn together than add it in the INI file so we can type the amount of peds that spawn one the "spawn key" is pressed.
make it an separate option for attackers, defenders and the rest of them.

the "staring in the air" phenomenon is less present than in the older version but it's still definatly here. with every group of about 5 AIs that i spawn i always have at least 1 of them stop functioning. it doesnt seem to have anything to do with distance from the player. it's kinda like they are "the terminator" and they are being shut off...

Ricksta
  • Ricksta

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for 1.0.2.0 support smile.gif

Illousion
  • Illousion

• The Connection

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 26 2009, 17:38)

i did without a problem.

Is it possible without a fix?

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 26 2009, 11:38)

i did without a problem.

almost all my remarks are about the "attacking peds". i barely use any other spawn type.

i usually ddont get all peds to spawn and i havent tried to spawn more than 8 or 10.
there is no reason (according to you) why 10 peds wouldnt spawn... unless they spawn inside houses or areas where they cant leave...

as much as i like seeing attackers come from unpredictable areas, try to spawn them and get no one is annoying tounge.gif

if u cant get an option in-game to choose how many peds spawn together than add it in the INI file so we can type the amount of peds that spawn one the "spawn key" is pressed.

the "staring in the air" phenomenon is less present than in the older version but it's still definatly here. with every group of about 5 AIs that i spawn i always have at least 1 of them stop functioning. it doesnt seem to have anything to do with distance from the player. it's kinda like they are "the terminator" and they are being shut off...

Ok, I did a little more work on it and got the peds to spawn on the pavement now. This is kind of a beta update so only the dll is included in the archive. I also did a few other things like increasing their sense range so hopefully it will help them come looking for you. I spawned like 30 peds, ran around the block to hide, and waited for them to come get me. They showed up eventually, sometimes they might get blocked by a wall or other obstruction. I also added a stat display to show you how many peds are spawned in the selected task type. Just switch spawners until you get to the option to change the display status, then press the spawn key to change it. Then change spawners back to peds to spawn and see the stats displayed (they will update every second for now). I just want to see if I'm going in the right direction, let me know how it works.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/emawgk

@STEVE124: Did you install the newest game patch? This script will probably only work on the newest version so that may be why it's causing crashes for you.

STEVE124
  • STEVE124

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 26 2009, 20:37)
QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 26 2009, 11:38)

i did without a problem.

Ok, I did a little more work on it and got the peds to spawn on the pavement now. This is kind of a beta update so only the dll is included in the archive. I also did a few other things like increasing their sense range so hopefully it will help them come looking for you. I spawned like 30 peds, ran around the block to hide, and waited for them to come get me. They showed up eventually, sometimes they might get blocked by a wall or other obstruction. I also added a stat display to show you how many peds are spawned in the selected task type. Just switch spawners until you get to the option to change the display status, then press the spawn key to change it. Then change spawners back to peds to spawn and see the stats displayed (they will update every second for now). I just want to see if I'm going in the right direction, let me know how it works.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/emawgk

@STEVE124: Did you install the newest game patch? This script will probably only work on the newest version so that may be why it's causing crashes for you.

the new is update is rendering my game useless.ever time i crash into some like walls the game crash with out any mods even asi and Script mods. cryani.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:18 PM Edited by topeira, 26 January 2009 - 11:25 PM.

unlike the dude above me i am LOVING the improvements.
the counter is AAAAAWESOME!

1) the improvements of the AI are noticeable, though not perfect.
i occasionally see the peds running towards an unknown location only to get to a place and just stand there.
weird!!

i made a clip with this phenomenon. i will upload it tommorow. weird stuff.

the "day dream" effect is still here though in a lesser degree.

2) other than that the peds always spawn. i never got an instance where someone spawned and i couldnt find it. good jub.

3) as i said the conter is a wonderful edition! great idea.

4) the menu system is confusing as hell. u should do a menu with a few options like most ppl do (like awwu's trainer) and make your mod have an on\off switch so your controls dont conflict with other mods. after like 20 minutes i figured why it's so confusing, but its way too complicated than it could have been.

5) i still think u should make a way to spawn a few peds with one press. make a counter u can decrease and increase to change the number of peds that spawn.

6) the most annoying thing right now with your mod is that in way too many cases the surving peds wont disappear and reset the counter. thank god i have another trainer that lets me teleport far enough to make the counter reset. i took a car to the other side of alderney island only to have the counter still show i have peds alive.
make it so that once the game loads (like if u die) the idle peds disappear. it's the best solution.
it's even a better solution than what i wanted to suggest - have the peds u "left behind" when u died keep chasing u. though i think that this solution is bad , not only cuz it's not fun but also cuz it keeps the memory busy with these peds and i think that if u knew how to overcome the "day dream" effect than there would be no "idle" peds.
i say - when u die - all remaining peds disappear.
or at least give as a button to make all user-created peds to go away.

compmstr, u r SO close to creating a "ped hunt" mod or some kind of "horde" smile.gif did u ever play rainbow six? remember the terrorist hunt mode?
or the gears of war 2's horde mode?
the horde mode in GOW2 has waves of waves of increasingly difficult enemies charing at the player.

for "terrorist hunt" mod all there's needed now is a way to tell the game to spawn a certain amount of AIs and that's pretty much it. one can tell how many AIs he wants and press a button and he has a quick lil mini-game.

if u can make some kind of "horde" mode than it's a mini-game all to itself:
there could be a set of waves. once u start playing u get a few peds spawning with a certain set of weapons. once all of them are dead - a new wave spawns and each wave is bigger by 2 peds and some more powerful weapons.
improvement i'd give this idea is that the player can tell the mod in what wave to start playing so if u dont want to start with the first wave with just 5 guys with pistols (just giving an example) u can skip to level 10 and fight 13 guys with SMGs and shotguns.
also u can have it that each ped drops a small amout of money (like 100$ per ped) so it can functions like some kind of a "score system".

i know the idea is a bit complicated but u are so close to achieving it.
u have the force within you, compmstr.
i almost like u more than my girlfriend, now. (no offense, rebel_36)

impressive work, my friend. i salute u...

and feed you. there - cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:20 AM

I have noticed some peds running toward weird locations but it turned out they were looking for cover. I personally haven't noticed the "daydream" effect since I've been improving it, then again, maybe seeing your video may show me something different, confused.gif

The menu isn't really that confusing, at least to me. tounge2.gif 1 button to cycle spawn types (peds or cars), 1 button to cycle task types (flee, fight, etc), 2 buttons to increase and decrease the model index (this will be turned into 1 using the CTRL modifier key to perform the alternate function), and 1 button to spawn the object. You can always change which keys do what though.

I plan on adding the option to spawn multiple peds with 1 keypress, the dll I posted was just a test to see if it was working alright. I have already implemented it and it will be in the next update. I also plan to give the peds blip icons on the map so you can always know where they are. Won't that be fun? lol.gif

The reason the peds don't disappear after you drove off is because I increased the distance in which they're marked as no longer needed. This was because before, they were disappearing from simply running a few blocks away from them. I'll add a configurable option to the ini file for each ped type's removal distance, and I'll do some more work with it to find a decent default value for it (I had it set to 100 initially, but I changed it to 500).

I'll also add a function to clear all spawned objects when you die or get busted. If I give a button to remove them, it'll just be another confusing key for you to remember. lol.gif

The ped hunt idea is pretty damn good, and it seems doable especially since I've already made a game (nothing like a 3d game, but it's better than pong or some sh*t like that) so I know how most of the basics would be laid out already. First, I have to get all these peds to spawn and function correctly without flaws. If I can get them to work all the time then it won't be long before we have IV gang wars like we had in SA. biggrin.gif happy.gif

Oh and you can have one back cookie.gif , I ate 2 of them and lost my buzz. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif dozingoff.gif lol.gif Now I'm not hungry anymore. wink.gif

@STEVE124: The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall the game, then install the newest patch update (before applying any mods). I don't really know what can be causing your game to crash.

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:04 AM Edited by topeira, 27 January 2009 - 06:26 PM.

nice to see u r planning to get your hands dirty with this mod, compmstr.
u have no idea how excited i am about what u r doing smile.gif

what i was looking for is a mod that actually gives purpose to playing. not just changing random stuff but giving a challenge to do that u can actually set yourself and then accomplish it and have the satisfaction of achieving a goal.
i think your MOD is what will bring the good.

1) another simple i idea u might consider is instead of giving all spawned peds the same weapon, give the mod an option (in the INI perhaps, if u insist on keeping the menu confusing to tick me off tounge.gif ) to add a few weapon numbers and have the game spawn the peds with optional weapons. like instead of saying the peds should spawn with weapon 13 (AK) u can tell them to spawn with weapons 3 13 14 and they will spawn with either a pistol, AK or M4.
i guess u can do that. U CAN DO ANYTHING!

2) ok, here is the video i made with your mod:
http://il.youtube.co...h?v=hFghd2Ozyrw
albeit it's the older version. it's not just the new DLL but with the new version this still happens.
in many cases i spawn like 8 attackers, kill 5 and then go about finding the day dreamers.
after a lil while i give up finding them, i take a car and drive for hours (<-- exaggeration) to make them disappear. fail again and teleport to anther island tounge.gif

------ about your plans for the future -------

3) tell u the truth - i am really not sure about the blips on attackers. personally i think it's more challenging if u DONT know where they are coming from.
HOWEVER if u can add blips to the FOLLOWING peds (followers and defenders) than THAT would be perfect!! power to ya.

about the disappearing distance - im all for keeping it high if the peds are not idle. 500? bring it on. i dont mind the chase smile.gif but this might cause problems if ppl want to kill the AI and accidently get too far away....
a more sophisticated way to put blips on is like in MP on "far". if u can find a way to put blips on attackers only when they are far away than that might solve the problem...
but i think it's complicated... i would know. im not a coder. what do u think?

now i dont think a "horde" mode will be possible without getting rid of all the day dreamers. one day dreamer can mess up the flow of the mode so god speed on that one. smile.gif

4) the reason why the menu is confusing is because once u toggle "counter - true" every time u try and cycle through the menu options the option u chose disappears and u see the counter instead! if u could put the menu as is on the left side and the counter on the right side or below it - problems solved. (and maybe shorten the sentence to " defenders left - XXX, attackers left - XXX to save some screen room).

5) and i have no doubt in my mind u must put a "get rid of all the damn peds and mess u made" button (name may vary). it will give u the lay away to let player get rid of "AI mistakes" that u havent solved yet. dont mind me getting all confused about the menu, clicking buttons, having no peds appear but the garage door open and such. im a noob when it comes to buttons...

6) another notion - u should have "defend" peds and "attack" peds on different spawn radius values so attackers can be spawned far away and followers close by.

here's an interesting phenomenon - with rappo's body guard mod i can spawn a ped which will follow me and when i teleport than my bodyguard is being teleported as well.
but if i spawn your "defend" ped than he dddoes teleport.

actually i can't get defend peds to spawn at all. the counter says i have defending peds with me but they are no where to be seen. maybe it has something to do with the fact i put the min distance of ped spawn on 50 and max on 70 (so attackers won't spawn in front of my or right behind my head).

anyways im just looking forward for your next version with the ability to spawn a certain number of peds simultaneously. it will take me longer to give feedback after that since i'll be playing IV... tounge.gif

†Tyranick†™
  • †Tyranick†™

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

not compatible with newest ASI and 1.2 patch, please fix smile.gif

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (†Tyranick†™ @ Jan 27 2009, 11:33)
not compatible with newest ASI and 1.2 patch, please fix smile.gif

yes it is . im using the 1.0.2.0 patch and Xliveless. try Xliveless.

†Tyranick†™
  • †Tyranick†™

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

I dont want to use that, i want live enabled coz i switch between both lots modded/unmodded etc

STEVE124
  • STEVE124

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Jan 27 2009, 05:20)
I have noticed some peds running toward weird locations but it turned out they were looking for cover. I personally haven't noticed the "daydream" effect since I've been improving it, then again, maybe seeing your video may show me something different, confused.gif

The menu isn't really that confusing, at least to me. tounge2.gif 1 button to cycle spawn types (peds or cars), 1 button to cycle task types (flee, fight, etc), 2 buttons to increase and decrease the model index (this will be turned into 1 using the CTRL modifier key to perform the alternate function), and 1 button to spawn the object. You can always change which keys do what though.

I plan on adding the option to spawn multiple peds with 1 keypress, the dll I posted was just a test to see if it was working alright. I have already implemented it and it will be in the next update. I also plan to give the peds blip icons on the map so you can always know where they are. Won't that be fun? lol.gif

The reason the peds don't disappear after you drove off is because I increased the distance in which they're marked as no longer needed. This was because before, they were disappearing from simply running a few blocks away from them. I'll add a configurable option to the ini file for each ped type's removal distance, and I'll do some more work with it to find a decent default value for it (I had it set to 100 initially, but I changed it to 500).

I'll also add a function to clear all spawned objects when you die or get busted. If I give a button to remove them, it'll just be another confusing key for you to remember. lol.gif

The ped hunt idea is pretty damn good, and it seems doable especially since I've already made a game (nothing like a 3d game, but it's better than pong or some sh*t like that) so I know how most of the basics would be laid out already. First, I have to get all these peds to spawn and function correctly without flaws. If I can get them to work all the time then it won't be long before we have IV gang wars like we had in SA. biggrin.gif happy.gif

Oh and you can have one back cookie.gif , I ate 2 of them and lost my buzz. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif dozingoff.gif lol.gif Now I'm not hungry anymore. wink.gif

@STEVE124: The only thing I can suggest is to reinstall the game, then install the newest patch update (before applying any mods). I don't really know what can be causing your game to crash.

great ever thing is working including your script mods.

thanks icon14.gif

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (topeira @ Jan 27 2009, 02:04)
nice to see u r planning to get your hands dirty with this mod, compmstr.
u have no idea how excited i am about what u r doing smile.gif

what i was looking for is a mod that actually gives purpose to playing. not just changing random stuff but giving a challenge to do that u can actually set yourself and then accomplish it and have the satisfaction of achieving a goal.
i think your MOD is what will bring the good.

1) another simple i idea u might consider is instead of giving all spawned peds the same weapon, give the mod an option (in the INI perhaps, if u insist on keeping the menu confusing to tick me off tounge.gif ) to add a few weapon numbers and have the game spawn the peds with optional weapons. like instead of saying the peds should spawn with weapon 13 (AK) u can tell them to spawn with weapons 3 13 14 and they will spawn with either a pistol, AK or M4.
i guess u can do that. U CAN DO ANYTHING!

2) ok, here is the video i made with your mod:
http://il.youtube.co...h?v=hFghd2Ozyrw
albeit it's the older version. it's not just the new DLL but with the new version this still happens.
in many cases i spawn like 8 attackers, kill 5 and then go about finding the day dreamers.
after a lil while i give up finding them, i take a car and drive for hours (<-- exaggeration) to make them disappear. fail again and teleport to anther island tounge.gif

------ about your plans for the future -------

3) tell u the truth - i am really not sure about the blips on attackers. personally i think it's more challenging if u DONT know where they are coming from.
HOWEVER if u can add blips to the FOLLOWING peds (followers and defenders) than THAT would be perfect!! power to ya.

about the disappearing distance - im all for keeping it high if the peds are not idle. 500? bring it on. i dont mind the chase smile.gif but this might cause problems if ppl want to kill the AI and accidently get too far away....
a more sophisticated way to put blips on is like in MP on "far". if u can find a way to put blips on attackers only when they are far away than that might solve the problem...
but i think it's complicated... i would know. im not a coder. what do u think?

now i dont think a "horde" mode will be possible without getting rid of all the day dreamers. one day dreamer can mess up the flow of the mode so god speed on that one. smile.gif

4) the reason why the menu is confusing is because once u toggle "counter - true" every time u try and cycle through the menu options the option u chose disappears and u see the counter instead! if u could put the menu as is on the left side and the counter on the right side or below it - problems solved. (and maybe shorten the sentence to " defenders left - XXX, attackers left - XXX to save some screen room).

5) and i have no doubt in my mind u must put a "get rid of all the damn peds and mess u made" button (name may vary). it will give u the lay away to let player get rid of "AI mistakes" that u havent solved yet. dont mind me getting all confused about the menu, clicking buttons, having no peds appear but the garage door open and such. im a noob when it comes to buttons...

6) another notion - u should have "defend" peds and "attack" peds on different spawn radius values so attackers can be spawned far away and followers close by.

here's an interesting phenomenon - with rappo's body guard mod i can spawn a ped which will follow me and when i teleport than my bodyguard is being teleported as well.
but if i spawn your "defend" ped than he dddoes teleport.

actually i can't get defend peds to spawn at all. the counter says i have defending peds with me but they are no where to be seen. maybe it has something to do with the fact i put the min distance of ped spawn on 50 and max on 70 (so attackers won't spawn in front of my or right behind my head).

anyways im just looking forward for your next version with the ability to spawn a certain number of peds simultaneously.  it will take me longer to give feedback after that since i'll be playing IV... tounge.gif

Of course I can set the peds to have different weapons, and just like you said too. Have 3 (or more) numbers that specify which weapons to give and randomize between them, easy stuff. biggrin.gif And as for getting my hands dirty with this mod, I only want to make it spawn more stuff (different objects, weapons, etc). I will make a new project for the ped hunt idea so it will be a completely different script from the spawner.

I saw the video and I see what you mean. I remember watching them do that when testing it out. Last time I tested, I spawned 20 or 30 and they were coming to get me, I'll try a few to see if they work or not. I always spawned lots of peds when testing, because I know there are people who will do that stuff, and just I want to make sure that spawning many won't cause any adverse effects (other than game lag).

If I remember correctly, SA has blips for their gang members during the gang wars so I thought it'd be a good idea. I might add an option to choose blips or not. It shouldn't be hard to display blips based on ped distance. There are natives to get the 3d distance between 2 peds, but it's just as easy to do it manually.

Currently I'm only using the scripthook's implemented text displaying function. I will try some others that allow screen placement so hopefully I can make it less confusing. If not, I'll just have it display the text like it is, but not have it disappear so fast like (to give you time to read it).

I'll think about adding a clear all button, but that's another button. confused.gif Maybe I'll have the CTRL modifier key used when pressing the spawn key to clear all. How's that sound?

The defend peds DO teleport with you (I found that out by accident when escaping the police once when testing), maybe you just have them spawning too far. I'll do more tests with them at further distances to see how it works. I'll add another option for spawn distance of defend peds, fight peds, and the others. That sounds better than having them all spawn in the same spots.

Stay posted, I'll try to have an update later today but if not then probably by tomorrow. It all depends on how fast I can fix the day dreamers, and add the rest. Shouldn't take long but you never know what's going to happen.

QUOTE (†Tyranick†™ @ Jan 27 2009, 06:56)
I dont want to use that, i want live enabled coz i switch between both lots modded/unmodded etc

Last I read, Alexander's new ASI loader has some bugs so I think for now it's all you have.

If you want to switch from modded to unmodded using Xliveless, all you have to do is remove the xlive.dll file. You can even leave all the ASI files in place because without xlive.dll they won't load.

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:30 PM Edited by topeira, 28 January 2009 - 01:17 PM.

compmstr... sniff... sniff... i think i love you... inlove.gif

here are my comments:

1) im really glad u can make peds spawn with a veriaty of weapons. WOOT number 1.

2) make blips optional via the INI file for every type of pedd separately. personally i think that attackers should have them while followers should, but each his own and it's best to let every gamer to decide what's best for him. besides, if u cant seem to solve the day dreamers than giving an option to have blips so players can find the annoying dreamers is a good option.

3) the idea of getting the text to stay a bit longer is a cheap , yet relatively affective, solution. if u can't get the placement of the counter to change than do what u suggested.

4) a clear all button as a combination key to the spawn button is an excellent idea!!

4.5) actually i was going to suggest that u make all the keys be a part of key combinations. your mod requires 5 buttons and it's getting hard for mod-lovers to find available key on their keyboard... i have this problem.... and i have a keyboard with over 120 buttons tounge.gif

look at the in-game trainer that only uses key combinations with no menus. it has so many optional key strokes and it actually never take away keys, cuz it's all combinations.
maybe i just dont know how to use godkeys but if setting key combinations isnt possible via your INI than it should.
also i hope u can make the godkey optional too as perhaps ppl wouldnt want it to be CTRL or SHIFT...

5) having a different spawn distance to every ped type makes perfect sense since they serve different purposes. im glad u agree smile.gif

6) what did u think about my money idea? have attackers drop small amounts of money when they die to help have some value to the killing as well as a means to keep score?
if u can get tougher peds to drop more money than its even better (tougher peds - more health or better weapons make a ped tougher.... duh!)

7) can u improve the defenders behaviour , mate? usually im using rappo's bodyguard mod since its more affective (much easier to change their weapons so i can spawn a few with a ddifferent weapon for each, i can spawn the boddyguards close while your AI far and rappos mod is faster to navigate and handle) but the AI seems to be generally the same andd have the same problems:

a) they follow niko WAAAY to closely. also constantly blocking his line of fire, pushing him out of the way and shoving him out of cover.
b) they seem to ignore attackers from far away. if an enemy for the AI is close than they will engage but if he's pretty far away they will ignore him completely.
c) they try to follow the player so closely that if there is no cover in the near 10 feet than they dont use cover... and die.

8) making the "horde" idea a separate mod makes sense...

9) oh, dont worry. im keeping posted alright. im having such a blast with your mod that it keeps me up pretty late smile.gif
im playing with my "violent city" mod that get random peds attack u as well. trying to kill just 10 of your attackers usually result in fighting over 20 of liberty city's unlucky members.

also i made this clip using your mod.
can u find the day dreaming peds in the first part of the clip?
i was wrong - they are not day dreaming. they are securing the dumpsters.

http://il.youtube.co...h?v=78PE_2lDK-I

fun times!

BTW - i tried spawning 15 AIs. this is what i got after killing about 6 of them...
http://il.youtube.co...h?v=ilajCPFjwS0

GTAdedan-fan
  • GTAdedan-fan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

hello,
first, sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with this mod. i wanted to install it, so i put the dsound.dll normally in my gta iv folder. then i put in the xlive.dll from xliveless. and everytime the game crashed. even if i deleted the dsound.dll. i already have some mods on my game which i put in with the asi-loader from alexander blade. does anybody have the same problem/ resolution?

topeira
  • topeira

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAdedan-fan @ Jan 27 2009, 19:54)
hello,
first, sorry for my bad english. i have a problem with this mod. i wanted to install it, so i put the dsound.dll normally in my gta iv folder. then i put in the xlive.dll from xliveless. and everytime the game crashed. even if i deleted the dsound.dll. i already have some mods on my game which i put in with the asi-loader from alexander blade. does anybody have the same problem/ resolution?

i dont think this thread is the place to post this question, mate.

open a thread in the "IV\rage" forum. maybe someone there can help.

if i had an advice for u (besides trying to delete the xlive.dll completely) i would gladly give it.

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (GTAdedan-fan @ Jan 27 2009, 20:54)
hello,

You have to use dsound.dll OR xlive.dll, do not use both at the same time! The AsiLoader from Alexander had a problem that prevented the .Net ScriptHook to run, it should be fixed now.

Illousion
  • Illousion

• The Connection

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:33 PM

Bump, lol.

Is it possible to create car chases in this mod? Like i select "Follow Player", but they don't seem to get in any car.

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Illousion @ Jan 31 2009, 06:33)
Bump, lol.

Is it possible to create car chases in this mod? Like i select "Follow Player", but they don't seem to get in any car.

Yes but the follow-task peds aren't the right ones to use, you need to use the fight-task peds. Spawn a few, but make sure you have a non-melee weapon equipped or they will be spawned without any weapon (fixed in the update), then hop in a vehicle and drive about a half a block or a block away (so they can't shoot you but they still chase after you). Sometimes not all will get into vehicles (they may chase you on foot) and other times they will fit 2 or 3 people in a vehicle. Let me know if it works for you.

I have an update for the script that I will release in a day or two, still making sure all the bugs are worked out. It includes better defend-task peds that don't go idle if you move too far away and go back to them, optional friendly fire so you can choose whether you want to be able to kill your defending peds, and some object spawning support that allows attaching them to other objects (niko's head, right hand, and current vehicle). Yes, you can even move/rotate the object after it's attached to allow full customization over how the object is placed. Here's a pic I made, notice the knife in his head and he's holding both an mp5 and a bat. biggrin.gif

hristi
  • hristi

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:03 PM

I can't wait for that update. tounge.gif

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 12:20 PM Edited by diboze, 03 February 2009 - 12:34 PM.

i have an errormessage:
2009-02-03 13:17:16 - Initializing ScriptHookDotNet v0.82 BETA (GTA IV version 1.0.2.0)

2009-02-03 13:17:16 - SEARCHING FOR SCRIPTS...
2009-02-03 13:17:16 - Loading Assembly 'F:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\scripts\Super Spawner Script By CoMPMStR.net.dll' ...
2009-02-03 13:17:16 -  ...found script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0'!
2009-02-03 13:17:16 - DONE! 1 valid scripts found!

2009-02-03 13:18:25 - STARTING SCRIPTS...
2009-02-03 13:18:25 - Error during constructor of script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0':
                      System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: Void GTA.Script.WatchKey(System.Windows.Forms.Keys).
                         bei GTA.ScriptManager.LoadScript(Type ScriptType)
                         bei GTA.ScriptThread.OnStartup()

What could be wrong?

ok it has something to do with the asiloader...is there going to be a new version or do i have to use xliveless?

nibbler12345
  • nibbler12345

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

alilog.log
CODE
Loading ASI c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\ScriptHookDotNet.asi
ASI loaded : c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\ScriptHookDotNet.asi, Address 0x6C840000

ScriptHookDotNet.log
CODE
2009-02-03 18:35:25 - Initializing ScriptHookDotNet v0.82 BETA (GTA IV version 1.0.2.0)

2009-02-03 18:35:25 - SEARCHING FOR SCRIPTS...
2009-02-03 18:35:25 - Loading Assembly 'c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\scripts\Handheld Teleport Device Script By CoMPMStR.net.dll' ...
2009-02-03 18:35:25 -  ...found script 'HandheldTeleportDeviceScript.CoMPMStR0'!
2009-02-03 18:35:25 - Loading Assembly 'c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV\scripts\Super Spawner Script By CoMPMStR.net.dll' ...
2009-02-03 18:35:25 -  ...found script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0'!
2009-02-03 18:35:25 - DONE! 2 valid scripts found!

2009-02-03 18:37:42 - STARTING SCRIPTS...
2009-02-03 18:37:42 - Error during constructor of script 'HandheldTeleportDeviceScript.CoMPMStR0':
                     System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void GTA.Script.WatchKey(System.Windows.Forms.Keys)'.
                        at GTA.ScriptManager.LoadScript(Type ScriptType)
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnStartup()
2009-02-03 18:37:42 - Error during constructor of script 'SuperSpawnerScript.CoMPMStR0':
                     System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
                        at GTA.ScriptManager.LoadScript(Type ScriptType)
                        at GTA.ScriptThread.OnStartup()

Whats happening? D:
OS - Vista
SP - SP1
BIT - 32bit
Ver - Ultimate
GTA - latest patch bought from Steam

CoMPMStR
  • CoMPMStR

CoMPuTer MAsSteR

• Members

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

The reason for these errors is because the scripthook has been updated and some things have been removed. I'm working on the update now so hopefully I can have it uploaded in the next day or two. Please be patient, there is much more features added in the update which I need to make sure are working right.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:34 AM Edited by Indi., 04 February 2009 - 02:37 AM.

Is this supported with GTA IV Title Update #2?

Edit: Ahh yes, it is supported, just the mod gives me an error when trying to spawn something

diboze
  • diboze

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (CoMPMStR @ Feb 3 2009, 19:41)
The reason for these errors is because the scripthook has been updated and some things have been removed. I'm working on the update now so hopefully I can have it uploaded in the next day or two. Please be patient, there is much more features added in the update which I need to make sure are working right.

oh didnt know that..is taht standing somewhere? smile.gif

Ok so we have to wait sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users