Title Update v. 1.0.2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
813 replies to this topic
heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

Computers are working for me. I use the keyboard. Maybe its just controller users that are not able to use the computers?

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

Am I the only one noticing that objects are missing? dozingoff.gif

I decided to give the patch a few more playing time and well, it isn't that bad... actually it is pretty much the same. -_-

But I noticed that objects are missing. I noticed that on the bridge that links Dukes to Bohan and Algonquin (you know, the one with the little island in the middle tounge.gif ). Well, when you're coming from Bohan to Dukes, after paying the toll and passing the bridge, right at the end there were some cones and other stuff, indicating there was people working there. Now it's gone. WTF...

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

anyone try the patch on a dual core ?

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

I have a dual core, the E8400. wink.gif

ortucis
  • ortucis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:32 AM Edited by ortucis, 25 January 2009 - 03:45 AM.

Hmm, the game selected Medium texture quality from the day 1 and I never bothered forcing any higher using commandline. I just did. On High texture quality, the grainy shadows have almost disappeared and the game runs even smoother than Medium quality even though I have 512MB card. I think most issues in this game are cause of developers forcing retarded quality levels on different machines just cause they think those machines wouldn't run this 'next-gen port'.

The whole point of gaming on PC is high customizability. Why the hell would you force console like qualities on us? Just open up all options from day 1 and let people mess around with the settings. I mean, it's not like you will get bad press for providing too many options. Look at Fallout 3. That game has sh*tty graphics and worst texture quality in a console port I have seen for last few months but that didn't stop Bethesda from giving sh*load of options (they actually have a 'Texture Quality' setting, made me laugh).

SlingShotUK
  • SlingShotUK

GTA Collector and fan since 2001

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (reeven @ Jan 24 2009, 20:31)
QUOTE (SlingShotUK @ Jan 24 2009, 19:10)
I upgraded from v1.0 last night to 1.0.2 and it all went well. However, I have noticed that I now get a lot more stutter with the game.. when moving the camera etc. It's strange as my benchmark has gone from 38fps to 43fps.

It is certainly not as playable as with v1.0 though. The stutter is really offputting. Any idea what could be causing this?

I'm using reasonable settings:

Texture: Medium
Rendering: High

The new settings: High

View distance / detail: 40
Car density: 100
Shadow density: 0

Vsync: On (if off I get awful screen tearing)
Definition: yes

Clip capture: off

Spec in my signature. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers.

The only command line params I use now are the -fullspecaudio one. I took off the availablevidmem param and the game is only using around 500mb of vid memory.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It is certainly not as playable as with v1.0 though. The stutter is really offputting .... SAME HERE. It seems that even with V-SYNC ON, the game look like V-SYNC OFF, and sometimes the building dissapear, with settings default... Uninstall v1.02, back to v1.01....

Thanks for confirming this - glad it's not just me.

Big shame that we're going to have to revert to 1.01. Many people are finding performance massively improved. Wonder what it is about our configs that is causing the problem.. sad.gif

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (Hydro_PT @ Jan 24 2009, 18:17)
Am I the only one noticing that objects are missing? dozingoff.gif

I decided to give the patch a few more playing time and well, it isn't that bad... actually it is pretty much the same. -_-

But I noticed that objects are missing. I noticed that on the bridge that links Dukes to Bohan and Algonquin (you know, the one with the little island in the middle tounge.gif ). Well, when you're coming from Bohan to Dukes, after paying the toll and passing the bridge, right at the end there were some cones and other stuff, indicating there was people working there. Now it's gone. WTF...

I notice this as well. Fences missing, construction missing, etc. Could have been intended. Not sure why though.

I just wish they could explain every little thing they did. Even if it was not in layman's terms, so that we could better understand by doing research and what not on the subject. Like "vsync optimizations" and "rendering optimizations". What does that entail? Also I think they have done other thing's that were not mentioned. Camera seems to be a bit better. But there's no mention of it. Does that mean the sh*tty camera snap back was cause of something else? Now that, that was optimized. The camera isn't so bad?

CaptainDingo
  • CaptainDingo

Not actually a captain, or a dingo.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

Rendering optimizations probably means they were able to either enhance the performance of the engine's rendering capabilities or had to do with stuff popping up underneath your feet, and things of that nature.

No idea what v-sync optimization could possibly mean since the function of v-sync couldn't be simpler.

Woodee
  • Woodee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:46 AM

I was able to access the computers with the new patch tonight.

Not sure how others are having problems? Maybe their controller is blocking it's use? I remember when doing a mission I got trapped on the sniper lens because I accidently had my foot on my G25 pedal... took it off and it was fine, doh tounge.gif

IRA West Coast
  • IRA West Coast

I got a nickname for all my guns

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (z3ro7 @ Jan 24 2009, 13:43)
Improved me alot even on Max! Well done!

The water on low looks like the Console version... I think if some people now complain is because are using more settings than can handle... use the recommended. By the way, the Definition is the same of "P" blur...

I agree... until I read the sticky on R*'s recommended video settings, I was trying all kinds of stuff... put in the 2nd patch, dialed my video settings down, and I'm currently good (though not great) to go... hopefully we'll get another patch.

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (CaptainDingo @ Jan 24 2009, 19:46)
Rendering optimizations probably means they were able to either enhance the performance of the engine's rendering capabilities or had to do with stuff popping up underneath your feet, and things of that nature.

No idea what v-sync optimization could possibly mean since the function of v-sync couldn't be simpler.

Yeah I could do that too. Speculate on what it could mean. That still doesn't tell me what they did exactly.

It's all good. Again this patch, or last patch, or no patch. This game has been smooth for me. None of this (missing fences, construction, etc.) is game breaking. Just would like to know. biggrin.gif

supertin
  • supertin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:02 AM

My quick test results with SLI still off:

* Computer in the apartment on the middle island worked fine. Must be some issue with certain installs (mods, trainers or game controller key mapping "drivers" perhaps?)
* I saw a massive improvement on leaving buildings. No more 1 second pausies when first looking around outside.
* I also saw an improvement driving in the dense city areas ("The Triangle", etc). Now gets similar framerate to everywhere else.

I did notice some settings reverted to defaults:
* Volume
* Subtitles
* Some graphics settings

For me, this patch was a vast improvement. The only complaint I have now is the inability to map ENTER as a control. Retarded given the previous 3 games all used this for the default vehicle entry/exit key!

IWIRemedy
  • IWIRemedy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (Raythemovie @ Jan 24 2009, 07:00)
QUOTE (gamerzworld @ Jan 24 2009, 04:06)
Your complaining saying that Rockstar Toronto made a useless post?

Ah yes I am, as a topic had been made long before Rockstar decided to come in and post it, dick head. It's called a double post, and it wasn't needed. I don't give a sh*t who they are. They screwed the game up in the first place and you're thanking them? They should be thanking everyone here for putting up with their broken released product, and hurry the f*ck up and fix it properly.

its fa**ots like you that ruin games like this.

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

someone can explain me what R* North doing dozingoff.gif ? why they don't co-op with R* Torronto?
ontopic: this is a wonderful patch, i can run smoother right now yeahh

nicotin3
  • nicotin3

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

Dont notice any diferences, didnt have any big problems anyway.. nice to enable the P filter in the graphics options so that its always on.
Shame the peds inside the cars still spawn 10 meters away though.

Trevor_
  • Trevor_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

For those who are wondering about the missing objects, I'm wondering if R* didn't remove some scripted objects just because they were causing the CPU to have to calculate them even when they weren't even in the proximity of the user.

KingKongMofo
  • KingKongMofo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:08 AM

QUIT BITCHING ABOUT THE COMPUTERS IN THE GAME NOT WORKING ALREADY!

If it's not working for you, then GOOD cause your an f'ing pirate. Go buy the game already. Read the previous post by Toronto which mentions this.

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (KingKongMofo @ Jan 25 2009, 03:08)

If it's not working for you, then GOOD cause your an f'ing pirate. Go buy the game already. Read the previous post by Toronto which mentions this.

I am uploading my video to you tube finally right now and it will show that my system plays well with the new patch. The clip capture still has a horrid leak issue on my system for some reason. i was able to access the computers in the game but, I have a legal copy to though. It would be awesome for R* to fix the damn clip capture memory leak for me and people with similar systems to mine though since I paid their arses.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (pokemon4ever @ Jan 24 2009, 19:18)
anyone try the patch on a dual core    ?

That would be about 60% of people playing the game. 30% quad core and 10% single cores. That's just a guess. And who knows maybe a couple uber geeks with octo cores.

For the love of god, please stop complaining about there being another thread about the patch. Its not that big a deal. I'd hate to see what trivial things you guys complain about IRL.

checkmateinc
  • checkmateinc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:48 AM Edited by checkmateinc, 25 January 2009 - 04:06 AM.

man I love this patch , FPS is only alittle better but im playing on medium and high graphics now instead of all low, I never complained about playing in low gfx, I just love all gta game's and was happy it played on my computer, even with the bugs, rock* really stepped it up for the little guy, and i thank you!! tounge.gif
now i can start to see the truly beatiful gfx this game has to offer!! might not be able to do all the things you can do in san andreas but im sure the next game will, and have these amazing gfx!

p.s I bought this game the first day it came out for pc, ive paid for all gta games(except 1&2), gta in my opinion is the only game worth buying, always worth the price, replay on gta makes the game the best, hell I still play san andreas(mutli-player)on a regular!
Oh and peps are asking is there gonna be any dedicated servers for gta 4 in the future? I know alot of peps that don;t own teh gmae but would buy it if it had dedicated servers!

KewlAzMe
  • KewlAzMe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:57 AM

Is it the patch or does the game have this many bugs?

- I patched right before the "Haters" bernie mission. Now no matter what I'm either too close or too far. There is no "perfect distance" so the mission is not playable cuz he keeps giving up cuz im too close or too far.

- I took kate to play darts. Drove my banshee up to the marker inside the beer garden like I always do. After darts we came out and my banshee was parked with a light pole going through the middle. I got in the car and that "Scared Kate". Who then got in the car anyway. Then the cut scene played where she leaves. But what does getting into my car with a lamppost in it have to do with scaring kate?

- WTF are "smart" shoes and "smart" clothes for Jimmy P? A suit apparently doesn't count. so does that mean "intelligent looking"? or like a smart card where there is circuitry in my clothes?

- Kate calls to hang out at midnight.. half way there i call and say i can't make it. then 2 secs later i call and she says she was sleeping

GTA IV has pissed me off like crazy tonight.

Also, the worst part about IV, aside from the bugs... all the damn cutscenes for missions are too long-winded. I spend more time watching the movie than doing the mission. You could learn something from the past games... quick and too the point.. none of this gay bernie whining about his gray hair sh*t.

truehighroller
  • truehighroller

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:03 AM

QUOTE (truehighroller @ Jan 25 2009, 03:23)
QUOTE (KingKongMofo @ Jan 25 2009, 03:08)

I am uploading my video to you tube finally right now and it will show that my system plays well with the new patch. The clip capture still has a horrid leak issue on my system for some reason. i was able to access the computers in the game but, I have a legal copy to though. It would be awesome for R* to fix the damn clip capture memory leak for me and people with similar systems to mine though since I paid their arses.

Here is my video of me playing on high settings at 1920 x 1200,

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (KingKongMofo @ Jan 25 2009, 10:08)

A simple shut up for you will make this place a little bit quiter.

Anyway the patch is working fine, but I lost all my video editor work now. And also I have to restart the game from the beginning. Increased +5-7 fps, but with boxy, jagged shadows. mercie_blink.gif

gonsa
  • gonsa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

i still got RSC video out of memory error with this patch.

evga 790i digital
evga gtx280 oc'ed
4GB DDR3
vista x64

i can put everything at max except the Resolution to not have that error.
icon13.gif

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (One-time @ Jan 25 2009, 04:04)
QUOTE (KingKongMofo @ Jan 25 2009, 10:08)

A simple shut up for you will make this place a little bit quiter.

Anyway the patch is working fine, but I lost all my video editor work now. And also I have to restart the game from the beginning. Increased +5-7 fps, but with boxy, jagged shadows. mercie_blink.gif

Do you still have that 8500GT?

If so what settings can you run the game at?

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (oc student @ Jan 25 2009, 11:59)

Yes, I'm still with my 'ol 8500 GT. Playing the game on all low (the traffic density @ 25). Forced resolution 640x480 via the command line, and a few downgrading shadows and reflections quality in visualsettings.dat. I also decreased the draw distance in timecyc.dat to 500.00. The result is a smooth 35 fps gameplay. smile.gif

Oya, I got less fps on Vista, dunno why, so I just got back to XP and tweaked it very hard.

oc student
  • oc student

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:28 AM

QUOTE (One-time @ Jan 25 2009, 05:07)
QUOTE (oc student @ Jan 25 2009, 11:59)

Yes, I'm still with my 'ol 8500 GT. Playing the game on all low (the traffic density @ 25). Forced resolution 640x480 via the command line, and a few downgrading shadows and reflections quality in visualsettings.dat. I also decreased the draw distance in timecyc.dat to 500.00. The result is a smooth 35 fps gameplay. smile.gif

Oya, I got less fps on Vista, dunno why, so I just got back to XP and tweaked it very hard.

640 by 480? Lol. I overclocked my card to the max it can go and have a E8200 @ 2.84GHZ and 4Gigs of Ram so would I perform better than your rig? Maybe at Lowest of the Low settings and 800by600? I don't know why I'm asking. biggrin.gif

One-time
  • One-time

One-man show

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (oc student @ Jan 25 2009, 12:28)
640 by 480? Lol. I overclocked my card to the max it can go and have a E8200 @ 2.84GHZ and 4Gigs of Ram so would I perform better than your rig? Maybe at Lowest of the Low settings and 800by600? I don't know why I'm asking. biggrin.gif

Nope, your 8500 GT will surely bottleneck everything you throw into your PC. With this card you can't get quality and you'll always be forced to max out the performance. The framerate on 640x480 is very different with 800x600 or 1024x768. And I only get a maximum framerate of 23 while playing on 800x600, and 16 on 1024x768. f*cking unplayable. turn.gif

bip
  • bip

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:37 AM

Hello i've juz installed this new patch it's huge improvement but i cannot use computer at cyber cafe when i press E nothing happened but when i roll bak to previous patch computer working any idea guys ?

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (livilaNic @ Jan 25 2009, 01:57)
It's all good. Again this patch, or last patch, or no patch. This game has been smooth for me. None of this (missing fences, construction, etc.) is game breaking. Just would like to know. biggrin.gif

My game is also good since I bought it. I played always well, then I patched once and it was a little bit better. Now I patched it again and it's a bit better again. I just don't understand the missing objects. Though I don't complain about the ones on the bridge, they made me crash a few times hehe. Looks like the traffic paths are a bit messed up at the end of the bridge, they just turn wildly into each others and create a big accident. colgate.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users