Title Update v. 1.0.2.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
813 replies to this topic
dukenukemz
  • dukenukemz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

what does that definiton setting do in the options of graphics? it gives no explanation?

Raythemovie
  • Raythemovie

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:17 AM

STFU, they admitted that the game has problems and they've also committed themselves to fixing them so gtfo and stay out unless you have something creative or constructive to say ph34r.gif

They admitted it did they? 1% of people? You're as stupid as them if you believe that.

That topic was an unofficial topic.

Yeh, 13 pages vs 2 pages, why would the other one be official because it was posted first?

RadioActiveLobster
  • RadioActiveLobster

PC Master Race

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (Raythemovie @ Jan 24 2009, 02:17)
STFU, they admitted that the game has problems and they've also committed themselves to fixing them so gtfo and stay out unless you have something creative or constructive to say ph34r.gif

They admitted it did they? 1% of people? You're as stupid as them if you believe that.

That topic was an unofficial topic.

Yeh, 13 pages vs 2 pages, why would the other one be official because it was posted first?

Instead of posting somewhere in the 10+ pages of the other thread topic, Rockstar Toronto made a new topic so they would have the FIRST post and it could be easily stickied so forum goers with low IQ's (such as yourself) can easily find them and get the information they need on the patch.

Dweirdo
  • Dweirdo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:25 AM

WindosLive didnt promote me to download

Raythemovie
  • Raythemovie

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (FFxSTALKERx @ Jan 24 2009, 07:23)
Instead of posting somewhere in the 10+ pages of the other thread topic, Rockstar Toronto made a new topic so they would have the FIRST post and it could be easily stickied so forum goers with low IQ's (such as yourself) can easily find them and get the information they need on the patch.

They posted the exact same information about the new patch, moron. How f*cking stupid are people here, it wouldn't be such a worry if one person kept telling me, but you have a band of dumb sh*ts saying the same sh*t. THEY SOLD US A sh*tTY GAME, they don't deserve any praise till they fix it properly.

Wow, they added game options, none of which fix the memory leak or broken SLI support.

YoungGun
  • YoungGun

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (Zanantic @ Jan 23 2009, 21:50)
he's right, i just tested it, computers now doesnt work. no matter how many times you click "E" the computer screen just woudn't show up. I hope rockstar fix this issue soon as I can't do missions witthout using the computer.

Computers seem to work for me..
I use XBOX360 controller though..

ImoonPeople
  • ImoonPeople

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

Rockstar, thank you for your continued support, the game is getting better and better. This is the way option menus should be, thank you! This patch seemed to help me a good bit. Will there be SDK's so we can host our own servers? At iO Gaming we're still waiting to get the gta IV community rolling but the match making is no good. Thanks again!

l0NgB0y
  • l0NgB0y

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:49 AM

After I applied the second patch the game plays much smoother! I get 40 fps with high/very high graphics detail distance to 100, view distance to 70, shadow density - 16, Vehicle Density - 100, Definition (This turns on/off the blur effect, which you can turn on/off with the P key) On, VSync Off. Great Work, Rockstar! icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:13 AM

I did a benchmark and played the game for a few minutes before and after installing the patch, and got a 5 FPS increase from 15 to 20.

heat84
  • heat84

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE (dukenukemz @ Jan 24 2009, 02:08)
yeah i noticed like a 5fps differnce with this patch. but seriously? whens the 800meg to 1gb patch coming? we need to recode this game so instead of gettin 20-40 fps we get 50-80 fps. This Future Generation is a load of poop.

I agree but I'd be happy with 30. And I was thinking the patch that really fixes things would be at least a GB. Instead a patch they're probably gonna wait a year and release GTAIV:Black Edition or something like that.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:37 AM

Just tried the patch. No issues whatsoever. Here are the differences I noticed:
• 5 fps increase outdoors and a 10 fps increase indoors.
• No more annoying command prompt window at launch of game.
• The game loads faster i.e. the artwork screen and the loading screen I'm talking about.

What hasn't changed:
• Shadow quality still looks as bad as it earlier was.
• The fps still drops randomly; not very annoying though. The game is playable.

TiRANB
  • TiRANB

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 24 2009, 08:37)

Yeah same to me. I thought this issue has been fixed!

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (TiRANB @ Jan 24 2009, 14:22)
QUOTE (girishb @ Jan 24 2009, 08:37)

Yeah same to me. I thought this issue has been fixed!

Doesn't hamper gameplay though. I can live with rough edged shadows. At least, they don't flicker anymore.

Bladerunner_UK
  • Bladerunner_UK

Street Lord

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:01 AM Edited by Bladerunner_UK, 24 January 2009 - 09:12 AM.

All I have to add is:
Patch=Epic Fail! sad.gif

Was playing for about 3 hours solid this morning BEFORE checking the website and finding the news about the patch...
Downloaded it and installed..first thing I notice is that the shadows are still as bad as ever, even with the setting on 'high'. Next thing I notice is that within 2 minutes of play, my game froze totally...and according to the so-called benchmark it isn't even tickling my CPU/GPU (or RAM)..
I have a Q6600 and a 9800GTX+ (with 1Gb vRAM) and 6Gb onboard DDR2..before the patch I got a steady 30-35fps in game, now after 2 minutes I get a phenomenal 0fps. I didnt even get as far as the Internet Cafe to test if the computers were working for me!
I tried about 3 or 4 times, at different settings for the 'added' extras, and it still crashes after 2 or 3 minutes.
Guess what? Only way to get rid of the patch is to re-install the game...which means that I will probably lose all my progress so far.
Well done R* for screwing it up even more!

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:27 AM Edited by Sweets, 24 January 2009 - 01:10 PM.

Not that any of this was promised, but since some people are saying they're seeing increased FPS, visual quality, and lower usage of resources I thought I'd share what I've experienced

I installed the patch and played for about an hour, and I haven't noticed the slightest improvement in visual quality. The benchmarks I ran are showing me a 3-4 increase in FPS, and an increase in "system memory usage" of 11%. The only obvious differences I noticed were having to create a text file with the commandline to get my gamepad working again, and the lack of the secondary "command prompt" window. I didn't think to try going online in a safehouse or TW@T, but I'll check that later.

To be fair though, I personally wasn't disappointed with the graphics to begin with (besides the shadows), I never had a problem with the FPS, and none of the three usage stats seem to crack 80% on my machine. Also, if this patch is doing anything to increase performance, or lower the resources used on lower end machines, then that's definitely a step in the right direction.

(late-edit)
I take it back, for me this patch fixes nothing and instead causes problems I didn't have before. confused.gif

HanShotFirst
  • HanShotFirst

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:28 AM

Woo, look forward to trying this! Haven't bothered playing since I installed the first patch really.

Thanks Rockstar!

BundD
  • BundD

Dealer

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

did they change independence radio in 2nnd patch? it plays user tracks. other times its like a talk radio station and after there done talkin it kicks back to the user tracks.
anyone else have this prob??

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:45 AM

Yeah nice , some new option to graphic section and .... ?
f*cking nothing more ! No graphic perfromance , the same crappy shadows on max settings !

Patch = FAUL !!!

Look shadows :

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Mike2k4
  • Mike2k4

The Lean, Mean Bean Machine

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:45 AM Edited by Mike2k4, 24 January 2009 - 09:47 AM.

Hi all. If I was to install this patch, and not like it, would there be any way of removing it later? Or would I have to make a copy of my GTA IV folder before installing the patch, and switch between the two if need be?

(Btw, thank you R* for releasing this patch; hoping it works ok for me biggrin.gif )

toxic321
  • toxic321

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

i found a bug in this patch police wanted lvl not increasing there are no stars sad.gif

Skroting
  • Skroting

Rocket surgeon

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (BundD @ Jan 24 2009, 09:30)
did they change independence radio in 2nnd patch? it plays user tracks. other times its like a talk radio station and after there done talkin it kicks back to the user tracks.
anyone else have this prob??

Isn't it supposed to be like any other radio station, but instead of regular music, it plays your music in between commercials and stuff...?

laabo
  • laabo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:53 AM

Everything looks ok after installing the new patch without my GAMEPAD (Logitech Cordless RumblePad) !!! It does work anymore !!!

Someone has an idea how to make it work ?!?

thx

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (laabo @ Jan 24 2009, 04:53)
Everything looks ok after installing the new patch without my GAMEPAD (Logitech Cordless RumblePad) !!! It does work anymore !!!

thx

Create a text (notepad) file in the same directory as the GTAIV.exe titled "commandline.txt", and put the following line in it.

-usedirectinput

(ninjaedit)
For me the path is:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV"
but I'm on 64 bit Vista.

xtaz
  • xtaz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:11 AM

Absolutely no change here with my game. Still the same lousy 20 to 30FPS on high/high/20/20/20/0.
On medium I only get 10 to 20FPS so this game has really disappointed me.

Next time I will think twice, if not more, before I buy anything of you Rockstar.
Thanks for giving me such a bad ported game, I hope you enjoy my money.

Lil' Prophet
  • Lil' Prophet

1-2-3-4

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:15 AM

Really nice, runs better and somehow it looks better too... maybe because now I installed both patches, but thank you R*! The game is ABSOLUTELY playable now, and my config is not really high end.

Asus P5PL2-E
Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 @ 2.4Ghz
1Gb of Ram
Ati Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB
Windows XP SP 3

Now I'm running it in 1024x768 @ medium settings, and runs very smoothly.

AF93
  • AF93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:21 AM

i can't download the patch

if i click the link to patch 1.0.2.0 it's just downloading the old patch (the same file size and date - 32,4mb 12th december 2008)

please help me getting the new one!!

- and after install are there not any new graphic settings and the DOS screen on startup is stil there

Marcin6
  • Marcin6

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:22 AM

LOOOOOOL !!!!!
IN NEW PATCH I CAN`T USE COMPUTER IN INTERNET CAFE :| !!!!

laabo
  • laabo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Sweets @ Jan 24 2009, 10:09)

thx

Create a text (notepad) file in the same directory as the GTAIV.exe titled "commandline.txt", and put the following line in it.

-usedirectinput

(ninjaedit)
For me the path is:
but I'm on 64 bit Vista.

Thanks for your help but it doesn't change anything... I have GTA 4 by Steam and here is where I have put the "commandline.txt" :

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\GTAIV

Is that correct ?

thanks again

IRA West Coast
  • IRA West Coast

I got a nickname for all my guns

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (Sweets @ Jan 24 2009, 10:09)

thx

-usedirectinput

(ninjaedit)
For me the path is:
but I'm on 64 bit Vista.

Thank you! I was wondering the same thing, my Logitech Dual Action stopped working... stupid question (I'm not dumb, just a noob): Why the frak did they screw with the controllers in this second patch? Why should I have to go through this trouble to fix it? Isn't that your job, R*?

cuvip
  • cuvip

Jefra Bland, miss teen kentuckey US 2009

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

nice patch, but you should co-op with R* North for better patch because i can't get into computer after patch angry.gif angry.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users