Photo

[Q][IV] Changing Exhaust...

2 replies to this topic
ShamelessPie
  • ShamelessPie

Secret Agent Pie!

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

Cracking into vehicles.ide for the first time, everything is pretty understandable, just confused about which flags may or may not control the type of exhaust a vehicle has. Whether Gas (white) or Diesel (black (yummy soot)).

Perhaps someone could shed some light on the subject... icon14.gif

Graphix14
  • Graphix14

New York

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

Well, for the black exhaust smoke (only seen on the junker vehicles) has a code at the end of the vehicle.ide line. For example: +ext_strong +ext_all (I think that's what it looks like, and is located at the end of each car line in ide file). Choose a car and look at the end of the line, add this: +ext_bangerexhaust and that will add the black smoke. If you want the valve exhaust (with fire effect) rename the car name in the ide line, for example: FUTO would be changed to SULTANRS. etc.

ShamelessPie
  • ShamelessPie

Secret Agent Pie!

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (Graphix14 @ Jan 23 2009, 00:21)
Well, for the black exhaust smoke (only seen on the junker vehicles) has a code at the end of the vehicle.ide line. For example: +ext_strong +ext_all (I think that's what it looks like, and is located at the end of each car line in ide file). Choose a car and look at the end of the line, add this: +ext_bangerexhaust and that will add the black smoke. If you want the valve exhaust (with fire effect) rename the car name in the ide line, for example: FUTO would be changed to SULTANRS. etc.

Ah, I see. Thanks. It'll just take some toying around I suppose.

All I'm doing is converting the rancher to diesel... Probably should look at the line for the Phantom or Biff etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users