Photo

DLC IS IT WORTH IT?

22 replies to this topic
SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

dlc may well be grand for bill gates lovers (xbox) but im left feeling sold out by R*. now that im fed up with liberty city that dlc seems pointless . and to make matters worse the dlc adds over a year to the waiting time of the next instalment . plus that cina town wars bullsh*t will milk more time . get on it R* im an impatient man.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:55 PM Edited by FunkyChunky, 21 January 2009 - 09:58 PM.

Uh, what? That was horrible to read.

Rockstar Leeds is making CW, so it won't make a difference.

Wenis IV
  • Wenis IV

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

Well, Chinatown wars definitely WON'T 'milk more time', seeing how its being developed by Rockstar Leeds, not North.

TMR2007
  • TMR2007

Wacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man - and Child.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

Use some logic; the faster the next game comes out, the less quality it will have. Not every GTA game can be like Vice City and become a marvel after taking less than a year to create.

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:55 PM Edited by SHARKEM, 21 January 2009 - 11:08 PM.

QUOTE (TMR2007 @ Jan 21 2009, 22:08)
Use some logic; the faster the next game comes out, the less quality it will have. Not every GTA game can be like Vice City and become a marvel after taking less than a year to create.

your wrong .....quality = resources put in ....time is a resource but can be offset by other factors ie more humans .....and i think all departments play a role in all R* games .
and look at how good vcs and lcs were , they were made in days though admittedly on existing maps.
im a true gta addict and im jonesing for my next fix especially since gta 4 has let down in so many ways

jonathang
  • jonathang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

no its not worth it if you have a xbox 360 it might break and freezes biggrin.gif

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (SHARKEM @ Jan 21 2009, 17:55)
QUOTE (TMR2007 @ Jan 21 2009, 22:08)

your wrong .....quality = resources put in ....time is a resource but can be offset by other factors ie more humans .....and i think all departments play a role in all R* games .
and look at how good vcs and lcs were , they were made in days though admittedly on existing maps.
im a true gta addict and im jonesing for my next fix especially since gta 4 has let down in so many ways

1. LCS and VCS were both awful compared to the normal GTAs. They were 7/10s at best.

2. Adding to the development team = recruitment, which either takes a ton of time to find the perfect guys, or creates a flawed team which lowers the quality of the overall product. Time is surely needed for the next one.

3. If GTA4 let you down, prepare for a lot of disappointment down the road, as this whole generation of GTAs is going to use that engine and just be GTA4+

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:45 PM Edited by SHARKEM, 22 January 2009 - 06:03 PM.

7/10 is a bit harsh... they were designed for psp and 1 thing they slash gta4 on is tunes and radio humour...lmfao at that dude with his amazing time machine .... if they had the map size , graphics and engine of 4 they would better it..... well its all just opinions innit .... we all want different things but i reckon what i want is best...
they dont need to do much to make a much better gta... just bring back the stuff they stupidly tossed aside . ie parachutes more aircraft .too much to list but its stuff they already know how to do......it seems like they have intentionally made gta 4 bad so they wouldn't need to work hard to improve on it..lazy R*staff just smoke weed and play other games all day .
so launch the next one already

Stink_Fist
  • Stink_Fist

Goo Goo G'Joob

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (jonathang @ Jan 22 2009, 00:46)
no its not worth it if you have a xbox 360 it might break and freezes biggrin.gif

I've had my 360 for awhile now, no problems whatsoever. Can't say that about my mate and his PS3, he got it for christmas, and now it's already broken.

BallinLikeJordan
  • BallinLikeJordan

Goon

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Idk I'm just going to get it and test it for myself. dozingoff.gif

BenMc20
  • BenMc20

The Greatest Ginger Since My Mother.

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:15 PM

Its worth it if you want it / can have it.

If you don't / cant then its not.

That simple.

Irviding
  • Irviding

he's going to get into the ring and put boots to asses

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:26 AM

Just let this guy be, just another PS3 or PC owner complaining how the DLC won't be available.

I actually bought the 360 game and got rid of my PC version, so if you really want the DLC, don't complain on how R* didn't do it for others. Not to be rude to you, but get out there and earn some cash to get a 360, then buy the game on ebay, I got mine for 20 bucks, brand new.

CarbonKnight
  • CarbonKnight

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:19 PM

Uhh i want the DLC on my ps3 sad.gif because i didnt have my 360 when gta came out sad.gif DLC sounds awesome though. wish PS3 would get a weapons update( i thought weapons would be an all around DLC, not just the episodic). I'd like to play Lost and Damned, but my gta is on ps3, which i dont mind, i would just like the new weapons. confused.gif

AnotherDave
  • AnotherDave

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:55 PM

Carbon, surely you can pick up a copy of GTA IV for 360. In the UK you can get it new for £20 and second hand for less than £15, surely it's similar down under?

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:59 PM

Well you keep telling that to yourself. Fanboy wink.gif
We all know it's gonna be Epic.
http://www.gameplaye...ned.aspx?Page=1

And i quote :" The Lost and Damned, the first of two Xbox 360 exclusive downloadable episodes for GTA IV, is the prefect example of DLC done right. And if you think you’ve second guessed Rockstar and know what to expect then you may be quite surprised by what you read below… we certainly didn’t see it coming.

This is not a Knothole Island, or a Shivering Isles where you stay as the same character and merely explore more of the same world, from the same perspective: this is effectively a new game."

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (SHARKEM @ Jan 22 2009, 17:45)

they dont need to do much to make a much better gta... just bring back the stuff they stupidly tossed aside . ie parachutes more aircraft .too much to list but its stuff they already know how to do......

Who say's they know how to do it with their new "Rage" engine, that mixed with "Euphoria" maybe could have caused many problems with Parachute or Airplane mechanics.
Look at the way the characters fall from Choppers, the curl up and kick legs around, it don't look right as it is, so what do you imagine the character might do on the end of a parachute.

I think they found problems with the free falling and parachute workings.
Then look at planes maybe they didn't work right and needed lots more tweaking before they can release any knid of working model in a game.

Don't just assume they took this stuff out for sh*t's n giggles, think about the gameplay mechanics that may not have worked right with this engine.

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:53 PM Edited by SHARKEM, 23 January 2009 - 03:59 PM.

if u didnt read . i said i dont care about dlc and liberty city is boring ..... i wouldn't want a xbox as i think bill gates has got enough money through his market manipulation , destroying competition and variety for the end cosumer. and now adding waiting time to a much needed follow up in a new location with all the classic gta goodies that people want back . ive read hundreds of posts on this

if anyone wants to make a gta clone that would eat gta 4.... ive got it here in my head ....
im no fanboy ive had plenty of sh*te sony products . but sony put gta and R* on the map.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (Stink_Fist @ Jan 22 2009, 21:09)
QUOTE (jonathang @ Jan 22 2009, 00:46)

I've had my 360 for awhile now, no problems whatsoever. Can't say that about my mate and his PS3, he got it for christmas, and now it's already broken.

moto_whistle.gif *whistles*

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (SHARKEM @ Jan 23 2009, 17:53)
if u didnt read . i said i dont care about dlc and liberty city is boring ..... i wouldn't want a xbox as i think bill gates has got enough money through his market manipulation , destroying competition and variety for the end cosumer. and now adding waiting time to a much needed follow up in a new location with all the classic gta goodies that people want back . ive read hundreds of posts on this

if anyone wants to make a gta clone that would eat gta 4.... ive got it here in my head ....
im no fanboy ive had plenty of sh*te sony products . but sony put gta and R* on the map.

Dissing Bill Gates is soooo 1998.

He's going to donate a great majority of his money to charity and only leave a few million to his posterity.

What's your overlord Sony going to do?

the_regular_guy
  • the_regular_guy

fanboy hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Dissing Bill Gates or Sony because you dislike their system is lame
Caring when someone disses Bill Gates or Sony because you have/like their system is even lamer

Seriously people, grow the f*ck up

tommy vs. claude
  • tommy vs. claude

Wave good-bye to your head wanker!

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (SHARKEM @ Jan 23 2009, 15:53)

Been sniffing any paint lately?

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:28 PM

Instead of complaining about 'the missing features' I am happy to finally see a realistic game.I am also surprized that it works fine at least on consoles and it hasnt got many glitches that would affect the game\crash it.The only game that might be better than this is Mafia 2.The first one was so great, so nicely done cutscenes but it didnt have free roam;you could only mess around on missions.
I believe this was a good step for the series, especially the phisics engine.

artie
  • artie

GTAer since the original.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

Found a new car in one of the pics. Looks like an old milk truck or something, kinda like an old school PT Cruiser or Chevy HHR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users