Photo

Aviation

862 replies to this topic
GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE (TenEightyOne @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 03:03)
QUOTE (Loudy @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 11:51)
K^2 I don't know if anyone asked you that, but what do you think about fly mechanics in bf3? Is it something we would like to see in V? My self I like the way hellicopters fly, but planes are just ridiculous.

I actually think the BF3 planes strike the right balance, certainly on the console. The helicopters are good but I don't like the yaw controls...

I play on PS3 and they are hard as fuark to fly.

STOGE
  • STOGE

GTA MASTER

• Members

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

i love the flying in gta games its the best part of them,but i dont want a freekin microsoft flight simulator everytime i jump in one.Thats the reason its so enjoyable is that it DOES NOT have all of the extra sh*t your going on about.its easy.

however your ideas about atc etc are cool but i must insist i would hate to much flight simulator on gtav

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (STOGE @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 08:54)
i love the flying in gta games its the best part of them,but i dont want a freekin microsoft flight simulator everytime i jump in one.Thats the reason its so enjoyable is that it DOES NOT  have all of the extra sh*t your going on about.its easy.

however your ideas about atc etc are cool but i must insist i would hate to much flight simulator on gtav

We don't want it to be dumbed down to silly levels where it's no fun to fly. I'm sure there will be a balance so it's quite easy to access but rewarding. For me as I would say the minimum we should be able to control is the landing gear and rudder. In games like Just Cause 2, there is no rudder control and in Saints Row 2, there is no landing gear control. This really spoils the flying fun for me because it looks stupid flying a jet with the landing gear permanently down and no rudder control makes flying harder.
I suppose you could say it's like comparing driving in GTA IV to Sleeping Dogs. Both give you the same sort of control but the driving is Sleeping Dogs is boring due to too much grip and no feel of the road.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 06:51)
QUOTE (TenEightyOne @ Wednesday, Jan 16 2013, 03:03)
QUOTE (Loudy @ Monday, Jan 14 2013, 11:51)
K^2 I don't know if anyone asked you that, but what do you think about fly mechanics in bf3? Is it something we would like to see in V? My self I like the way hellicopters fly, but planes are just ridiculous.

I actually think the BF3 planes strike the right balance, certainly on the console. The helicopters are good but I don't like the yaw controls...

I play on PS3 and they are hard as fuark to fly.

'cos your sh*t biggrin.gif only joking, man. yea its hard at first but you get used to it.

Caleb_SA
  • Caleb_SA

✅ Verified account

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

After I'm done with the story mode I'm going to be flying 70% of the time.

Flying is like therapy to me.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

Alright. After the new influx of info, I feel it is time to revive this.

Dodo is back, and although it is the most boring, and likely slowest plane in the game, it is my favorite so far. It is just so iconic, dem Cassna's inlove.gif

Thrust from jet engines are confirmed to blow objects close behind, much, much farther behind.

I really hope for some damage model that actually mangles the plane similar to cars, with the RAGE engine. I want to slam the ground, and bend the landing gear, or shear it off completely, and be forced to bail, or belly land. I hope that catching the bottom of a wing on the ground may bend it upward slightly, causing unintended drag and making you keep correcting in order for the plane to not spiral out of control. I think we may get some of this, with what we've seen so far.

And hopefully, a plane's propeller will make bystanders fling into the sky if you run into them at the airport devil.gif

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Acid Breath

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (fatal1ty619 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 02:06)
-snip-

I really hope for some damage model that actually mangles the plane similar to cars, with the RAGE engine. I want to slam the ground, and bend the landing gear, or shear it off completely, and be forced to bail, or belly land. I hope that catching the bottom of a wing on the ground may bend it upward slightly, causing unintended drag and making you keep correcting in order for the plane to not spiral out of control. I think we may get some of this, with what we've seen so far.

-snip-

YES. I hated having my plane randomly explode when a tree generated in front of my in SA. If anything some deformation and difficulty handling should have resulted, not instant incineration. Rockstar needs to pay more attention to airplanes this time around. Deformation in the structure of the plane and aerodynamic consequences because of it would be amazing. I want to know when my plane is damaged, and I want to feel it in the controls. No more mysterious black smoke, I want parts of my plane to be mangled and coming off if I belly smack the ground or clip a building or fly into a randomly generated tree (hopefully pop-ins won't happen this time around), and I want to feel it in the controls when I'm trying to hobble my plane to the nearest airstrip. And imagine proper aerodynamics applied to everything..imagine the possibilities when taking cars off ramps and doing jumps on bikes, the possibilities are endless, and it would definitely make doing stupid stuff like driving bikes off of rooftops or driving jeeps out of the back of cargo planes that much more realistic, random and fun. And the fact we're getting so many planes this time around is going to make multiplayer very exciting.

And what on the physics of helicopters? Hopefully the rotor blades will act realistically and cause drag and blow things like trees and plants around if we get too close, and if the blades hit something, I want to see people impaled with shards of rotor blade. And if we hit cars, we should be able to at least take a door off or shear some parts of the roof off or something.

Imagine the possibilities in multiplayer with realistic plane physics!

z06z33
  • z06z33

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

I don't see why people don't want sim style flying Microsoft Flight Simulator is far from hard to play. I started playing it when I was 8 and with in a few months I could fly ILS approaches in bad weather ect and that was back in the old days of FS98. I don't see why people want mindless arcade style stuff I prefer a challenge like realistic bullet drop and factoring wind into my shot calculations because at the end of the day I can apply the basics of those skills in real life. IE I'm a real world pilot now and flight sim got me interested in flying and helped me understand the basics of flying a plane and navigation which made my training go that much faster.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

Actually, the way SA handled the flying physics were pretty good, it had a good firm grip just like car physics in IV. I'm hoping it is similar like that except its more fluid and improved basically.

Rockstar Cake
  • Rockstar Cake

Acid Breath

• Members

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:28)
Actually, the way SA handled the flying physics were pretty good, it had a good firm grip just like car physics in IV. I'm hoping it is similar like that except its more fluid and improved basically.

I personally think SA's plane handling could have been a bit better. The planes all seemed sluggish and reluctant to move left or right at times, and there were no realistic physics applied to them really at all. Then again, it was SA, and it was amazing for its time. I know V can do better.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm hoping that the damage model will be somewhat akin to Rigs of Rods, but not as extreme.

This is a really crappy video I made on my laptop, god-knows how long ago, using a free version of Fraps. Shows the Antonov 12 and the damage you can get with it. I obviously don't want to have a wing bent 5 different directions managing to stay aloft, but you get the idea.

Seeing as there are apparently a few multi-engine aircraft in V, I want to have the ability to blow one of more out, and keep on flying. Getting shot at, and blowing out an engine, or something along those lines, would make for some great gameplay. Someone with a Buzzard or something, trying to blow you out of the sky from a distance, and blowing out an engine. They get excited, thinking you are crashing to the ground, only to see you are staying up, fire shooting from an engine, and they can't catch back up. I really look forward to seeing MP like this. It would also be cool if there is a mission where Trevor commandeers a damaged plane, with some damn important cargo, and has to limp it back to their getaway vehicle, puchased airstrip, etc. That actually may be what the screenshot was with Trevor in the cargo plane, and Michael in the jet. You may have an ability to fly as Trevor, transporting the stolen cargo, or as Michael, taking out enemies that fly in to take Trevor out.

God, the possibilities panic.gif

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (Rockstar Cake @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:39)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, May 5 2013, 14:28)

I personally think SA's plane handling could have been a bit better. The planes all seemed sluggish and reluctant to move left or right at times, and there were no realistic physics applied to them really at all. Then again, it was SA, and it was amazing for its time. I know V can do better.

The shamal handled perfectly. I don't see any problems in it, but yes V will definitely improve on it. The big planes are the problem.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

Well now, we officially have the Blimp as a pilotable vehicle. How is the flying and handling of this thing supposed to work? I wonder what will happen when we fly full speed into a building with it... lol I imagine it will simply bounce off like a balloon lol.gif

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

I really, really, really hope that we can fly the Blimp in Multiplayer. Blimp wars? f*cking epic. Just imagine... 2+ blimps battling eachother, all at a fatal 5000+ feet high to ensure an instant death if you abandon ship. People can use snipers, RPGs, etc... Blimps would also be sick to surprise the f*ck outta some enemies in other game modes.

Also, I hope in SP we can put the Blimp in some sort of hover mode that allows us to walk around the Blimp in mid-air, shooting at persuing police helicopters, or snipe ground troops/NPCs.

GunSmith118
  • GunSmith118

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Everything that OP said is pure genius. But since not all players will appreciate such in-depth realism, I don't see Rockstar doing much of that. If they implemented a difficulty-selection tool that would allow the player to adjust flight realism (also could apply to other fields -- driving, shooting, etc.) it would really be a unique way for the player to adjust the difficulty to their liking.

Don Quixote
  • Don Quixote

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Has anybody wondered how Michael and Franklin will have access to airplanes?... I know all of them will be able to fly, am thinking they might have to go thrue some flight school maybe?

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

ok

Tyg0903
  • Tyg0903

I build war machines for the greatest nation

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

As a person who has been involved in Aviation my whole adult life I am onboard with all of this however it wont happen as these features would require way too much memory. Flight simulators require a good set of hardware to function. It will stay the same as before just more options for aircraft.

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

As stupid as it may sound, I want more realistic crashes. Say someone is shooting at you in a plane, and an engine goes out, or the plane decompresses, I would like for said plane to lose all control before crashing in a blaze of glory. However, I would also like it if it was possible, although rather unlikely, to save the plane from disaster. Hell, even have bird strikes from time to time. And while in a helicopter, if the rotar gets shot, it should send it in a wild tailspin. Or better yet, say you're flying about, and the 747 your piloting loses one of it's tail flaps somehow rather by getting shot, or by erratic flying. Sending it into a nose dive, ending in a huge fireball, or splash.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (GreenReign @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 17:20)
As stupid as it may sound, I want more realistic crashes. Say someone is shooting at you in a plane, and an engine goes out, or the plane decompresses, I would like for said plane to lose all control before crashing in a blaze of glory. However, I would also like it if it was possible, although rather unlikely, to save the plane from disaster. Hell, even have bird strikes from time to time. And while in a helicopter, if the rotar gets shot, it should send it in a wild tailspin. Or better yet, say you're flying about, and the 747 your piloting loses one of it's tail flaps somehow rather by getting shot, or by erratic flying. Sending it into a nose dive, ending in a huge fireball, or splash.

I think Rockstar will go so far that the heli of airplane will become hard to control once it has been hit.

The Hate
  • The Hate

Professional Troll

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:50 PM Edited by The Hate, 09 July 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Based on the footage of the shamal and propeller plane in the gameplay trailer, it appears that flying in GTA V is very slow.

Turning also looks unrealistic but I've never piloted a plane so I'm not sure.

Edit: I just realized that the camera for planes in GTA V is very different from that of San Andreas. It looks like the camera is fixed so that it follows the planes orientation and tilt. For example, if you do a barrel roll in V then the camera will rotate along with the plane. If you do a barrel roll in SA the plane will rotate but the camera will not.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

http://puu.sh/3yGfF.png

There is a white line in the sky, like the ones big planes form..
I hope we can fly those, and I wonder where that plane is coming from, it has to be pretty far away to leave a white line.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

Capitol Crusader

• The Precinct
  • Ireland

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:16 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 10 August 2013 - 01:20 PM.

I hope there is at Least 2 Jumbo type aircraft and a good few military jets, like an A-10 or Awacs, and a couple of Blackhawks/Super Hueys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users