Photo

How do I get 6 stars and survive?

27 replies to this topic
thiefx100
  • thiefx100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:50 AM

Hey guys, I was just wondering if you guys had any tips on how to stir up as much **** as possible.

Everytime I've tried I was healthy, armored, locked and loaded. I even had Dwayne's Goons with me. And a car bomb installed on my own car just incase.

I've failed to survive for very long and might of even failed to achieve 6 stars sometimes.

My favorite way of holding them off was by blocking one end of a bridge with parked cars and having the car in the middle of the blockade have a car bomb installed. I would then park a car a little ways down the bridge for cover where me and Dwayne's goons would defend the position.

It's actuelly not very effective as I've had more luck simply driving around shooting everything on site in a hummer.

Anyway, I'd like to hear of your most fun and effective ways to cause chaos.

Shof
  • Shof

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:13 AM

hide in the subway

jacemc
  • jacemc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:50 AM

Get the 6 stars near a helicopter, then take the helicopter, fly to a building and shoot down any Annihalators with the sniper or the RPG.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:08 PM Edited by Slamman, 20 January 2009 - 02:13 PM.

Wrong, flying is NOT the answer. Using the below ground escape routes >>> SUBWAYS!

Also any travel between buildings on foot or bike, then using over head roadways above you, keeping the planes off you and the line of sight minimized. That is KEY!

I ran thru the backside of Dukes near the airport, the beach local protected by trees, then I ran to the carpark multilevel garage, I had about 5 stars or more, I waited in there, the cops entered on foot rather then cars, and I shot them all, made my way to the back and was on a bike when I died, but I messed up, I had the escape route of the highway system and over passes to the West.
If you can get a good long route going at top speed and avoid oncoming spawns of cops, you can ditch them. Heading from the Dukes to Broker route where the elevated train runs above the road, this works sometimes, not always, but it's one way to avoid the air cover spotting you.

shivanandrs
  • shivanandrs

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Steal the black chopper from the airport.

SuperJudeô
  • SuperJudeô

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:57 PM

I agree, a chopper is great if it gets you to the subway biggrin.gif

Chris L
  • Chris L

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

Here's my way of ding it.

Well, I just made a new game. I took a car, and went over to the police barrier on Algonquin Bridge. I then hit the side of the bridge and fell down to the subway. After driving west, then you get six stars. No police can see you (unless helicopters go down), so you just have to ait a ouple minutes, and get the achievement!

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:49 PM Edited by zmoonchild, 20 January 2009 - 03:52 PM.

Go to my YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.c...ILD&view=videos
shameless self promotion

I have several videos that show how to survive with a 6-Star Wanted Level, including how to do missions, Stunt Jumps, and how to kill Flying Rats in locked areas of the game.

Hydro_PT
  • Hydro_PT

THE S.T.A.L.KE.R.

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:33 PM

It's easy. Just find a nice place for shooting, where you can cover yourself, and keep killing. I accidentally got the achievement by surviving about 12 minutes on a 6 star wanted level. I didn't even realize I was doing it, I was just having fun killing cops and f*cking everything up. xD

I used the house in front of the burger shot in Alderney (the one near the old mansion where the Sultan RS is). I hid behind the wall, so no cop could actually kill me, unless I stood for a long time. Then I just kept shooting and sending grenades. When I've had enough fun, I took a car and I did some pursuit time, while killing some more cops. Then I entered the Pay N' Spray in Algonquin (near the bridge that leads you to Bohan) and that was it. Just watch out for the choppers, they're dangerous.

NikoB
  • NikoB

West Side!

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

stay in a safehouse. if the cops dont see you enter they dont come in. and if you wanna make double sure hide in the algonqiun house

ikt
  • ikt

HAAAAAAAAANDS

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

All wrong and boring. Just get your hands on a Police van (dunno what's it called). You know, the black one the SWAT uses. Just get 4 stars and those will come rusing into you. Get your SMG out (M4 sux @ low distacwen in SP) and spray down all the dudes and some cops around you, and get in the car. Let Niko close the door properly and just swing the back doors so they'll shut. Now, you can't get hit by bullets in your car (exept for the side windows) because there are a few windows and the front one is armored, so bullets won't get through. The car itself is quite armored and can survive many bullets, so that isn't an issue.
Then drive around. But the car has a few downsides: If you use it as a ram, it'll get damaged quick. And if the front bonnet has come off, your car will be very vulnerable to bullets. When you get stuck between things, you can't manouvre out of it very quick, causing the cops to arrest you. Oh, and only use the driveby mode when it's very necesary, cops can shoot your arm. But then you can consider yourself as safe for half an hour of 50 bullets/minute.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (ikt @ Jan 20 2009, 13:07)
All wrong and boring.

nice attitude sarcasm.gif

I didn't realize we were in the presence of such greatness... by the way, the truck is called an Enforcer

xxxSIDESH0Wxxx
  • xxxSIDESH0Wxxx

North Holland Hustlers

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:48 PM

i prefer to do my star gathering in free mode, but my method will work in SP i suppose. really simple. just load up on ammo and run around algonquin on foot. zig zag thru alleys. fight them when you choose, not when they choose. know when to run and when to fight. sometimes i'll get a motorcycle or moped to use in the alleys. you can really last forever if you do it right, then whenever you want to escape,or you get bored, either get to a boat and out run your wanted radius, or hop in a car and visit a pay n spray. i guess the difference is when you're in free mode, you can pick up a health pack or armor, while in single player, you might need to either use a cheat or find a hot dog or soda.

The Stoneman
  • The Stoneman

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

I will tell you how I lived through a six star wanted level.
This was back when I hadn't unlocked Alderney, so I stole a helicopter from the heli tours and proceeded t Alderney, I flew over there for 5 minutes (for the achievement) then tried to lose them by flying out to sea, but then found out I can't, so I landed at happiness island and looked around for an escape route before the police helicopters and boats got to me, I found a boat, so I sped away with a helicopter a 4 boats after me, I looked for an escape route, so I put a marker on a bank near my Bohan safe house, I then sped to the marker, defennding myself with my uzi. I reached the bank, I got out of the boat and ran up to the road, the helicopter was shooting me (I felt like I was in an action movie) and I quickly grabbed a cop car and hurried to the Bohan safe house, I saved and there it was, I lasted 6 stars for 22.07 minutes.

I haven't tried any other means of survival for a 6 star wanted level, but I guess you could try that?

GT409
  • GT409

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

I drove a Sentinel into the Burger Shot near the Algonquin bowling alley, I parked in front of the counter. I then jumped on a table next to the Sentinel, jumped from the table to the bonnet, I was behind the counter. I shot the cashiers to attract the police. I eventually reached six stars. I continued shooting until I was nearly out of ammo. I jumped the counter and ran for my life to the nearest car. (FIB Buffalo) I drove through the subway until I lost them.
Total pursuit time: 24:46 minutes

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

Stay outside a subway entrance, the best one is in middle park west. Then just keep bombing/shooting/rocketlaunching police until the great 6th star. Then get down into the subway tunnel, or get a heli, and fly to your safehouse and the progress is saved.
I'm gonna see what I can do.

*Moondog*
  • *Moondog*

24/7 Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

i found the ridiculously easy way to do it was go into the hospital with a desert eagle handgun, kill a few people till you have the cops after you then just go to the end of the corridor and take cover behind the wall on the left and just blast every cop that comes into the corridor, its made even easier if you're good at headshots. this is the way i got the trophy and i only got shot about 3 times lol cool.gif

TMR2007
  • TMR2007

Wacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man - and Child.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

Best place I feel is the little underground hall where the toilets are in Middle Park, Algonquin. There is only one entrance and there are many pillars to take cover behind, the police have to slowly run down the steps to get to you allowing ample time to take a shot at them; it only took me 4 minutes to get six stars and then i stayed down there for 20 minutes - the only limiting factor is your ammo, and your patience. I got bored after 23 minutes and i just ran out and got shot.

JustAdude
  • JustAdude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:00 PM

Iím having a problem getting 6 stars in single player. Iíve spent a hour and a half killing cops. I used all my ammo, armor, and health trying to get it. For some reason it just wont give me the 6th star. I think Iíve killed about 150-200 cops, and itís stuck on 5 stars. In multiplayer itís easy to get 6 stars, so idk what to do. Is there some special way to get it? Maybe Iím doing something wrong. I was held up at the airport when I tried last. Is it even possible to get them at the airport? I was in the big helicopter shooting everything. Maybe itís not possible to get 6 stars in the helicopter? Anyway, Iíve tried almost everything I can, Iím all out of ideas. Could my game be bugged? Anyone else have a problem getting 6 stars with Niko? Anyway, Iím going to try some of your ideas and see if I have any luck.
Thanks!

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

Get the safehouse in Algonquin and type the Raise Wanted Level Cheat. I did that to unlock the achievement.

JustAdude
  • JustAdude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Feb 28 2009, 23:40)
Get the safehouse in Algonquin and type the Raise Wanted Level Cheat. I did that to unlock the achievement.

I was worried that using cheats would lock the achievements. But if you say that works, I might just give it a try. Thank you very much!

rampage!
  • rampage!

I'm magically delicious

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:38 AM Edited by rampage!, 04 March 2009 - 01:45 AM.

I got the achievement by swimming across from NW Algonquin (under the Hickey Bridge) to NE Alderney(prior to unlocking it) and running along the shoreline. The wall of rocks prevent any cop cars from persuing. I stayed out of the water so the merciless boat cops couldn't shoot me. All I had to do was evade the heliocopters as much as possible. I took a lot of damage. Not as exciting as some, but I wanted that damn achievement! Plus I died right after I got it.

TonyClifton
  • TonyClifton

PR Spokesman for Tony Prince

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

I just hope the producer of the next Die Hard film is reading these posts, because he sure as hell won't need to hire a scriptwriter!!!

cool.gif

syrdax
  • syrdax

Serial gamer

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

Perhaps this will be "boring"...
So, head to PlayboyX crib, star some havoc, when cops arrive, get inside but don't enter the elevator, and be carefull not to go running around, and cover in the wall so you face the street door. There you go, you can be there like forever...
Video:
http://s7.photobucke...22-19-19-79.flv

user posted image

There will be moments where there will be no cops around so you can go and get some ammo for another run.

Chris_Waddle
  • Chris_Waddle

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:31 PM

The way I did it was to get a Tourismo then head south from the Bohan safehouse. Instead of heading through the toll, I turned off earlier across the bridge to the middle island which was still locked at that time. If you stick very close to the left hand wall you can drive past the cops at speed.
Once I was over, I just drove around until I had the achievement.

qwelam85
  • qwelam85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

How to get 6 stars quickly? At the first game, i have only piston and a SMG. I go to Russian shop after kill a cop group, then cover on a box on this shop. I fight for 3 minutes then have a 6 stars so quick. But another time, with full of weapon include rocket laucher, M4,... i go to RUssian shop to defence myself for 30'. Too long time, but i only get 5 stars, so sh*t cryani.gif .

Pr0xy_fl00d3r
  • Pr0xy_fl00d3r

The Droogs, Finally real rapists on the scene.

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

If you have yet to unlock the Algonquin Isle, then simply go under the broker bridge, on the train track section and no cops can get you there, and you automatically get 6 stars.

I only thought of this after I got the achievement, it would have saved me lots of trouble I tell ya >_> I got that achievement at the beginning of the game with just a pistol, pump shot gun, 3 molotovs and a micro uzi. No need for body armour these days, just take cover in a dead end and wait for cops to walk into your gunfire.

rampage!
  • rampage!

I'm magically delicious

• Members

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

This is off topic, but i love your sig, prOxy. colgate.gif VC was so freakin funny!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users