Photo

scripting custom missions?

2 replies to this topic
tapirsloth
  • tapirsloth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:15 PM

at the current stage of things, is it yet possible to create custom / scripted mission content in GTAIV PC?

ie, starting with something "simple" i want someone (-a defined NPC) to drive a car, starting from position A to position B... somewhere on the map

what are so far known npc / objects, cars handling strings ? are there any AI / behavior variables functions or such associated ?

or how about those vigilante missions accessed from the police computer? are they randomly generated ? , if so is there a way in adding more of them or create custom ones?

HazardX
  • HazardX

pedestrian mangler

• Members

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

Yes, simple things like chase or assassination missions would be possible already. The key to NPC behavior are Tasks. My .Net ScriptHook supports a bunch of them already . With Tasks you are able to give them specific orders. Walk/drive to a location, attack someone, etc. The number of Tasks and available options is still low, but it has some potential already.

tapirsloth
  • tapirsloth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (HazardX @ Jan 20 2009, 00:05)
Yes, simple things like chase or assassination missions would be possible already. The key to NPC behavior are Tasks. My .Net ScriptHook supports a bunch of them already . With Tasks you are able to give them specific orders. Walk/drive to a location, attack someone, etc. The number of Tasks and available options is still low, but it has some potential already.

that's a very good job you've done there!

is the logic of scripting these missions are entirely trigger/area based?

i have an idea of starting a mod: "LCPD"

to trigger the mod, the player would have to call that 1800-JOINLCPD number, and come to an LCPD station for an enrollment and interview, (a criminal record check would be required, this based on the player's game history, there are many options there such as for example paying fines ) then as first missions he will undergo a sort of training program (shooting, arresting methods, law?.. etc) and pass exams before going to the street; then he may be able to wear a police uniform and start first "basic" missions such as on foot or car patrolling to prevent random misc. crimes (theft, assault, traffic offenses etc), and also why not to be able to issue tickets (ie: Mafia2). then the difficulties of missions will progress ie: doing various important police operations, arrests etc, as well the career progress in player's rank in the police department, being able to take with him other officers etc also, having in option some interfering things such as receiving "bribes" from criminals.. a better police computer, with personalized account, arrests history, bonus for non destroyed cars, lawsuits due to collateral damage (ie hiting innocent pedestrian) and at the end why not to finish as an FBI agent???

i believe this requires A LOT OF WORK and scripting :-(

and.. why R* won't do such a mod ????????? this would counterbalance the way you want to play the game being a "good" or a "bad" etc..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users